Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

That just looks like a typical SE Asia mototaxi ride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Slavvy posted:

I was very excited about it because it seemed like a genuine, viable chance to reverse the decline and put them where they belong in terms of numbers, with a line of high priced air cooled retro bikes to keep their heritage intact, literally saving the company.

And then a bunch of mutual fund wieners that own 1% of the company kicked up a fuss about focusing on core values and here they are today.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

lmao

https://www.machine56.com/product/ev-1k-56

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Ulf posted:

Well that’s a thing.

In before loderunner posts evbikehype.png

Machine56 is a fashion designer in Jakarta and mostly does street wear though he does some novelty helmets too, this is the first vehicle I think he’s done.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Slavvy posted:

I would have no idea the race is even on, let alone what's happening, without these posts

Same, though I don’t watch TV and am somewhat isolated from most news sources at the moment this coverage is far better than anything I’ve seen elsewhere.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

How do gang tags happen, this seems like a good reason for a CA one

Make the image and get an admin to upload it, then you can push the av changes to include the gang tag for whoever you want.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Nfcknblvbl posted:

It’s my buddy’s speeding ticket.

Worth it

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Slavvy posted:

:lol: I'd forgotten how bad they are. Imagine how much of an idiot he feels like right now.

He also name dropped himself in one of his own books. Sky Masters, the B-2 vs North Korea one, if I remember right.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Slavvy posted:

You go to DB when you've run out of clancy, ding chavez.

That was my progression. I read Hunt for Red October when I was 8 and thought the guys stealing a submarine were fun and it kind of spiraled from there into Firefox (think Russian!) and Flight of the Old Dog. Haven’t read any military techno thrillers in probably a decade, i think Arc Light was the last one I did.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

dema posted:

I need that in my life.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/821272978/shakira-akira-shotaro-kaneda-motorcycle

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

RightClickSaveAs posted:

Oh christ please don't give them any ideas. The weebs have mostly stayed away from bikes so far and I hope it stays that way

I got some real bad news for you.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Nitrox posted:

The 3d cars in InitialD were definitely the selling point. Also, distinct lack of any pedo material

Sounds like you didn't get very far into it, then. The main character's kinda sorta girlfriend in the early part of the story is in a sugar daddy relationship with an older man, though that was largely edited out in the US release of the comic books and somewhat downplayed in the animated show.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Slavvy posted:

They were all done in 1989 by someone called biz king, who presumably was on the scene at the time because the one of terry rymer is marked as being for terry rymer. They are a mixture of freehand sketch and machine shading, I was actually wondering how that was possible in 89 tbh.

I'm convinced he saw these things happen in person, because anyone who got told to draw the mamola one without having seen him in action would've automatically reduced the slide angle to what seems plausible.

May also have worked from reference photos.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Tokyo Motor Show 1989

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Basically I hate the idea but love the execution, and can't work out which is more important.

A bad thing done well. It's ok to appreciate the workmanship and attention to detail while disliking the whole idea.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/mcy/d/arlington-1988-honda-interceptor-project/7341999567.html

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Chris Knight posted:

:krad: 100% would flog.

Seriously, if I had any idea what I was doing with riding or maintenance I'd throw my wallet at the guy but that beauty doesn't deserve to get learned on.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

what even is the point? the numbers are so tiny you can't read them from any distance anyway

Revenue for the state and it lets cop car license plate cameras work in both directions.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

NoneMoreNegative posted:

honestly yeah probably

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Good thing nobody will ever come home, put the bike on charge, turn on the air conditioner, and make dinner! :v:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Is that one of those neural nets generating images out of random noise?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_r41tr1sdzL1r0uzl6_720.mp4

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Nitrox posted:

That proposal is so wholesome

That owns.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Slavvy posted:

But the execution...good lord just look at that exhaust.

Same thing on my cb300r, really the only styling cue that I don't care for on it.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

There is a guy here in Milwaukee with a completely
custom copper bagger. Like every panel has been replaced with copper cladding and it’s clearly heavily modified. I see him out on it quite frequently

He also has a massive stereo in it that he uses to crank out what I can only guess is jazz fusion music (?) at incredible volume levels.

It rules

This guy owns. Never met him but it's a fact.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Acura is still in business though they aren't quite as far removed from Honda as Lexus is from Toyota.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Tesla coming in higher than Mercedes is special but I'm not sure which of the two brands it says more about.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

T Zero posted:

Also, I heard Leno got hurt again?

A third time, or is the getting clotheslined on his bike a few weeks ago what you mean?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I keep on getting teased with low 60 days during the week and now I have two weeks in the 40s coming up. Probably not getting out until April.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Finger Prince posted:

Look at this stupid thing.

The closer you get to it, the worse it looks.

Yes I also enjoyed the Tron sequel but the Lego set was good enough for me.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

Lmao at it being tagged as "parker bro concept"

e: for wyclef jean wtf

E: how did I end up in this thread this isn't yospos

your oversized sportster is a piece of poo poo

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

minato posted:

I was sure I'd seen something similar for motorcycles, and it turns out there's hundreds of examples

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Rusty posted:

I saw a revzilla video where they said it was rev limited to 11.5k, but some guy on Reddit said his was not rev limited but HP limited and could still hit 16k, which kind of makes no sense to me, so which one is it?

All else being equal I'd probably trust Revzilla over a random Reddit poster, if for no other reason that RZ probably has video of them operating the bike.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

:supaburn:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Super Cycle on the Commodore 64 was better than it had any right to be. It's arcade as hell but I don't care.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Mr Lanternfly posted:

Is that one of those cartoons that is popular with grown men because it sexualizes extremely young girls?

Big vocaloid fan, it appears. Don't cut yourself on that edge.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Jazzzzz posted:

wtf is vocaloid, google pulls up a yamaha singing synthesizer and I'm not polluting my search suggestions w/ a bunch of weeb poo poo by digging any deeper

That's exactly what it is, but there are some prepackaged voices and so of course the companies made cartoon characters to go along with the voices and here you are. Miku is the most popular but there are many others and a bunch of vocaloid voice packs that don't have associated characters at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

That looks suspiciously like "wrecked and busted all the plastic and decided to cheap out on replacement parts".