Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Cumfart Cocktail posted:

Horror film.
I think that it was set on an oil rig or something.
Something is hauled up and infects one of the crew and it kills people.
I think that it then goes on to infect others.

Sorry about the hazy memory, but it was many years ago (something like 20 years ago)

Maybe The Intruder Within? http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0082565/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Gyver posted:

That is totally Vertical Limit.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0190865/

haha I like the comments on that one

"This is, without doubt, the least accurate film on climbing I have ever seen. This movie is simply absurd. I consider it about as "accurate" as, say, Spy Kids is to global espionage."

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Jaweeeblop posted:

A crazy guy lives in a cave and finds a dead body in a tree right outside the entrance. There's a bunch of dudes wearing white spandex or something over their faces. He keep shouting some name at the sky and seeing green lights, and I think there was something about dudes dressed as moths dancing around, possibly showing what is going on inside his head? Also I think he was a music school dropout. I remember thinking the movie was weird as poo poo, early 2000's.

Sounds like The Caveman's Valentine from 2001, starring Samuel L. Jackson.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Biazt posted:

I vaguely remember parts of a movie I saw as a kid sometime in the 90s. I think it aired on showtime or something like that. All i can really remember is there were a bunch of dudes dressed in white bodysuits that were playing as sperm inside a man's testicles. They'd talk amongst themselves and root for the main character to have unprotected sex with the girl he's chasing. I can't remember much else though.

Sounds like Woody Allen's "Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Sex* But Were Afraid to Ask" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068555/

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord
Sounds like he saw a newer adaptation than that. There's one from 2000, seems likely that's the one: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0210044/

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord
There is a scene, possibly from an Italian film, where the main character (a detective maybe?) goes to meet a reclusive painter who lives in a sort of barn loft in the country. I remember cats being around I think, and the main guy possibly wanted to buy a painting but the artist didn't want to sell. Sound familiar to anyone?

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

nah that's definitely The Bird With the Crystal Plumage

Yup, you're right. I knew it was something I've seen more than once, I just couldn't put my finger on it. Thanks!

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Hollismason posted:

No this was more recent. I saw in the Direct TV menu, even went to their website and browsed still never found it.

Also, searching for it on Google is the most frustrating exercise possible.

Maybe The Thompsons? http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Thompsons_(film)
(Linking to Wikipedia instead of IMDB because it has a picture of the poster)

The plot description doesn't really fit but that poster seems like what you are describing I think.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

oldpainless posted:

Not sure if its a movie or show, but an old man makes a remark like "I've reached the age where I've got more dead friends than living ones" or "there's a certain point where you realize you know more dead people than alive people."

He isn't old, but the main character in Dellamorte Dellamore (aka Cemetary Man) says that. The exact quote is "Hell, at a certain point in life, you realize you know more dead people than living."

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Baka-nin posted:

I've been trying to remember the name of a film I saw years ago. It was psychological horror involving a man and daughter driving down a dark back lane at night. During the trip they encounter a woman who starts chasing them. Like a ghost, they stop for a reason then the woman mysteriously appears and then disappears with the pair fleeing. The actor looked a lot like Dustin Hoffman with the perm (I think) and I remember they had a conversation about whether to get a Sega or a play station console if they survived. Is this familiar to anyone?

Sounds a bit like Dead End (2003) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0308152/

I haven't seen it in a long time so I'm fuzzy on the details but it definitely involves a man and his daughter driving down a dark road, and there was a mysterious woman they come across. No idea if Ray Wise looks like Dustin Hoffman though, haha.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

FaradayCage posted:

There is a scene where two people are having sex (I think) and it keeps cutting to images of decaying animal bodies or something

This part sounds like Lars von Trier's Antichrist, but the rest doesn't.

gey muckle mowser fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Sep 5, 2017

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord
Not sure if this was a movie or a TV show, but I remember a Twilight Zone-esque story about a person or persons who leave their car (possibly crashed?) and enter a portal in the woods that leads to an alternate reality, where they learn some valuable lesson or some such. I know that’s super vague but it’s all I’ve got. It’s modern, probably 2000-2015, and I’m pretty sure it’s not he Twilight Zone reboot from 2002.

Edit: nevermind I am bad at reading Wikipedia episode summaries, it was in fact one of the new Twilight Zone episodes, and I was way off about even the vague details I remembered. Carry on.

gey muckle mowser fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Dec 7, 2017

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord
Tombs of the Blind Dead is great, it has a couple of sequels that are worth checking out too (especially Night of the Seagulls). IIRC it is Spanish and not Italian, although it's pretty much the same thing.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Alan Smithee posted:

Man have I really stumped the thread

are you sure it was a movie and not just what happens whenever any girl walks into any game store, ever?

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord
Sounds somewhat like the John Ford film The Lost Patrol (1934) although that's not a horror movie and they were soldiers and not motorists... it was remade a couple times though including a 1995 version called Sahara.

Probably not it, but maybe it will help in the search.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

SimonCat posted:

The 1995 Sahara starring Jim Belushi is a remake of the 1943 Sahara starring Humphrey Bogart. I do not know if the 43 movie is a remake of the lost patrol, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Kind of an indirect remake according to wikipedia - "The Lost Patrol was reprised in a number of films, the script was the basis for the 1936 Soviet film The Thirteen, set by director Mikhail Romm in the Central Asia desert during the Basmachi rebellion. This Soviet film was then adapted in Sahara, featuring Humphrey Bogart and the 1995 remake featuring James Belushi."

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord
Yeah Inland Empire was my first thought, although it happens to Laura Dern's character, not a male actor.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord
actually that exact thing happens in Inland Empire, where the scene seems real until the director yells "Cut!" and she gets disoriented. The scene is someone dying though, not about an affair.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

LadyPictureShow posted:

I'm trying to recommend this horror movie to my friend, but I'm stumped on the title.

It takes place in a hospital, and they're under siege by unkillable monsters and a crazy cult. The main guy is a cop with a dead (or missing?) wife, and there's a gruff guy he butts heads with who has a mute son. One patient goes into labor and it turns out she's in a league with the cult that unleashed the demons.

They go into the basement to fight the cult, and one surviving nurse is running around on the first floor chased by the cult and demons. The cop ends up wrestling the final demon into a portal and sees his wife again. The mute son makes it out of the basement and rescues the surviving nurse and they escape together.

It was from the past couple of years, I'm just blanking hard on the title.

Sounds like The Void https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4255304/

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord
I watched The Vanishing the other day and the scene where the killer dives into a canal to save a little girl reminded me of a scene from a different film that I'm having trouble placing...

A man who is on the run from someone (probably the police) is hiding out on a boat on a river/canal. It isn't his boat, he just came across it and hid under a tarp. A little girl comes by and finds him and they talk, and I believe her family comes up a few minutes later. The man is afraid they will recognize him but they do not. It might be a Japanese or Korean film but I'm not very sure of that, and it might also be in black and white but I'm not sure of that either.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

codyclarke posted:

Movie from the late 90's or early 00's where a bad guy or a rugged protagonist has a handheld scanner device. He sneaks into some place or whatever and finds a document he's looking for and waves the scanner over it and it scans the document instantly. This scanner device isn't central to the plot, it's just some random thing he has. The film doesn't take place in the future.

one of the Mission Impossible movies maybe?

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

Does this happen in that terrible movie about the Boston bombings? Mark Wahlberg one?

Possibly, but that's not what I'm thinking of, I haven't seen that one. I was thinking about it last night and it might be one of the films in the Nikkatsu Diamond Guys sets that Arrrow put out, I might try to scan through them later.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord
yeah it's Hard Target

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Detective Thompson posted:

Saw something in a brewery on a TV with the sound turned off. It looked like it was from the mid-70s, and it seemed British to me. There was a scene where a man is drowned in a wooden barrel, then stuffed in it and the lid nailed on. Then there's a scene with people fencing in a gymnasium, and one of the guys may or may not have been Vincent Price. It then cuts to these people that live in this muddy place, with maybe an outsider coming in and people rubbing mud all over him. It goes back to the fencing scene with maybe-Vincent Price slashing up his opponent real nice.

Probably Theatre of Blood https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070791/

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Fart City posted:

Okay. Asked this in the Discord, maybe somebody here can help me out:

It's a horror-comedy from the late-eighties or early-nineties. It involves a haunted house.

There is a specific scene that is burned in my memory: a group of characters go into a nautical-themed tavern or ballroom that has a large mural of a ship on a stormy sea. The mural comes to life, spitting rain and wind into the room, knocking people over. An octopus tentacle comes out of the mural and grabs someone.

Movies I thought it might be:

Haunted Honeymoon
High Spirits
Transylvania 6-5000

It could actually be any of those films, but the wiki synopsis' don't mention this scene, and I can't find a clip that matches what I'm thinking of for any of them on YouTube.

This might have been a Comedy Central regular during the mid 90's.

Little help?

It is definitely High Spirits, I just watched it about a month ago. It's not a mural though, it's a stage with with a nautical set and cardboard waves and such.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

feedmyleg posted:

The guy on the left is pretty clearly based on Christopher Lee in my eyes.

definitely

gey muckle mowser fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Apr 2, 2019

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord
Definitely Deep Rising

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

s.i.r.e. posted:

Here's one that just popped into my brain:

Horror/thriller set in a bayou or swampy area, I think a medium (red-headed female) goes to investigate a murder for some reason. I don't remember if she's hired or it was family. I think it mostly takes place around a house next to a river/swamp/bog and I don't think there were other houses around. I think the victim was a woman and there's a flashback scene where her body is in the bathtub or that the medium is in the tub and she sees the dead woman in a vision.

I think Forest Whitaker might have been in it?

I haven’t seen it, but it sounds like The Marsh https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0496350/

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Chubby Henparty posted:

I think this is very recent but I'm convincing myself I dreamed it: someone in the future replicates atom-correct vintage scotch and argues with his guest about whether that's good enough.

I don't remember that scene specifically but maybe Blade Runner 2049? Sounds like something that could happen in that film and I remember there being a Johnnie Walker tie-in with a weird looking bottle

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Davros1 posted:

It also sounds like it could be from Star Trek, because I could see Scotty getting upset at the idea of replicated Scotch and not the "real" thing.

I think you're right, google found this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sYJinHOvwM

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord
the recent thriller Cam has a deepfake-like tech as part of the plot

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Boz0r posted:

Are cartoons applicable for this thread? I once had a tape with Looney Tunes cartoons, and I remember a scene in a log cabin in a snowy are where the main character was hiding out(I can't remember if it was bugs bunny). Some gangster show up, and one of the has a large flat head that has airplanes taking off from. Does this ring a bell for anyone? It's not Racketeer Rabbit.

are you thinking of this from "The Great Piggy Bank Robbery"? (35s in if it doesn't start there)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ly35NQfZw8&t=35s

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

mike12345 posted:

I saw a trailer for this a while ago, I think it was a sequel but I've never heard of the original movie. It's like a low-budget indie that just happens on a laptop screen, like people face-timing and surveillance cams footage (maybe? could be I'm mixing things up). I don't think there are any scenes outside of the laptop screen. Basically you're looking at a fake desktop the entire time. and no it's not that fmv video game that just got released.

if it isn't Unfriended, this also describes The Den

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

nerdman42 posted:

I don't remember the context I heard about it, but it was a movie released in the last few years where there's a guy trying to figure out if he's losing his mind or if his friends have been replaced by aliens.

They Look Like People https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4105970/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Detective Thompson posted:

One of The Kids in the Hall's weird shorts has a scene like that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ChvxsVgT8c

haha this is the first thing I thought of too