Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Graplurado
Mar 24, 2004
I do backflips when you're not looking.

JamesieAB posted:

This was on TV in the UK maybe five years ago, I didn't watch much of it but I remember this scene.

The setting was in some kind of hospital and a group of patients were pushing a bed down the halls and perhaps carrying it, the person on the bed was "conducting" Ode to Joy.

Is that Mr. Jones? Just a guess, but i remember Ode To Joy being a big part of it.

Mine: May have been a silent movie. Probably a major one, but i can't fit this scene into any i can think of. A man is doing the chivalrous thing, laying his coat over puddles for a girl to walk over. He is distracted and lays his coat over a hole. Girl falls in hole. Help?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Graplurado
Mar 24, 2004

Help the Hogs! posted:

A Hard Day's Night

And it's Ringo, right? Thank you.

El Graplurado
Mar 24, 2004
To make this not disappear, i saw Borat the other night and in the scene dubbed in that New Yorker article the "Gangsta Section," in the establishing shots of the van driving through the city i heard something that i swear is a clip from another movie. The quote is "Hey baby, you wanna go out?" and it's spoken by what i assume is a prostitute. Assuming it is the same clip, it's been sampled in music a bunch of times and from that i've heard it extend to:

"Hey baby, you wanna go out? You wanna go out, honey? Spend any(?) money? Come here, cutie. Hey, come here. Did you here what i said? I said come here. Come here, daddy. Oh, you look so good."

Even if it isn't the same source for what i heard in Borat, i would really like to know what movie the quote is from. Please.

El Graplurado
Mar 24, 2004

invalid user posted:

This one definitely exists.

It was one of those typical 80s-early 90s films where the new kid's in town and has to deal with the gang of douchebags who are skiers/parachuters/dancers/calligraphers/professional masturbators all in order to impress the girl of his dreams who is also being constantly pursued by the lead douche.

Anyways, this one was about roller blading. The final scene was a huge competition of super dangerous downhill racing through suburbia. People were hit by cars. There were guys who were known only by the bizarre way in which they skated. One guy for instance would only skate with his arms behind his back and barely leaning forward. Another would form a circle with his arms in front of his chest allowing the air to zoom through his chest and arms... that part made no sense to me, I always thought he'd have more drag that way... anyways the good guys win it.

What the hell is this movie?

Airborne is the only rollerbladesploitation movie i know. Could this be it?

El Graplurado
Mar 24, 2004

wei1 posted:

A few years ago I saw an old movie on cable from the 70s or 80s about some teenaged kids who were raging against the machine. near the end of the movie they trashed a school and 3 (or 2) of them went off and slept together in a barn. then they were all carted off on a school bus to prison i think. does anyone know what i saw? thanks!

Over The Edge

El Graplurado
Mar 24, 2004
Demond Pond? The Shinoda version, which i think was based on a novel and a kabuki play, so maybe perhaps more those.

El Graplurado fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Jun 18, 2013

El Graplurado
Mar 24, 2004

Afrika Korps posted:

Trying to find an Asian crime film involving two or more hit men competing for some sort of hitman title. A few things I remember:

1) A multitude of grenades being tossed into a jail cell, killing the inmate (near the beginning).
2) Street shootout with antogonist wearing a bill clinton mask.
3) Some sort of diner scene involving a poison being showcased.
4) Also near the beginning, two competing hitmen are shown passing each other in a train station.

Johnnie To and Wai Ka-fai's Fulltime Killer.

El Graplurado
Mar 24, 2004
This is a stab and it's Korean again, but it''s not Why Has Bodhi-Dharma Left For the east is it? Some parts of your description fit.

El Graplurado
Mar 24, 2004

Skeevy Mcgee posted:

I have a very vague memory of a movie from the early-to-mid 80s featuring two people skiing down a hill, one chasing the other. The guy in back has a sickle (the handheld kind) and might be dressed kind of like the Grim Reeaper. There's a close up of the sickle held up against the sky and then it descends. I know I never watched the whole movie, that was just a clip they showed in a commercial on HBO for a Month of Horror Movies. I also "remember" the victim's head rolling down the hill, but since all I saw was a clip in a commercial, that's almost certainly my young mind filling in the blanks. In any case, that clip scared the crap out of me and I always had to close my eyes whenever that commercial played.

It's skating not skiing and a doll's head, but Curtains?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mocDVmZmpc

El Graplurado
Mar 24, 2004
Accattone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Graplurado
Mar 24, 2004
A New Leaf?