Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luna
May 31, 2001

A hand full of seeds and a mouthful of dirt

I've been hinting for this for christmas. The Alhambra 7P:

And I got it!!!

Along with these:

Yamaha CG171SF

Alesis MultiMix 8USB Mixer

Add in a couple of mic stands and a new piano bench.

Pretty happy with the haul.

Luna fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Jan 23, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luna
May 31, 2001

Hypnolobster posted:

After 12 years of playing a Yamaha Pacifica, I've finally bought a real electric, and it's essentially the guitar I lusted after when I was a kid :swoon:

American Special!

I just bought this also, same surf green color. It's my first electric in about 5 years as I've only been playing classical. It's probably in the top 3 guitars I've ever played. It is the best Strat I have ever played. The only con so far is that I am not in love with the tremelo. It feels a little cheap, sort of like the ones on the Squiers.

Luna fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Jul 9, 2013

Luna
May 31, 2001

I just picked up a Toronado. I'm usually not into offset guitars but this filled a need that my strat and tele couldn't. A couple of the saddles are stripped so I'll have to replace those before I can get the action just right. I'll pick up the original tone/volume knobs and some of the pickguard and pickup screws are corroded. Other than that it is in decent shape.

Luna
May 31, 2001

Grabbed a Squier CV 60s Jazz Bass from GC with the 20% coupon. I'm not a bass player but wanted something to help with songwriting and recording. Can post any real pics as it is still in the box until xmas. I wanted to grab a MIM Fender Jazz but I went apeshit with xmas this year and had to set a hard $300 budget. Regardless, it is a looker.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Squier/Classic-Vibe-Jazz-Bass-60s-Bass-Guitar-Inca-Silver-with-Matching-Headstock-1408368025598.gc

Luna
May 31, 2001

Biggest Meltdowner posted:

That's the Sweetwater pic. I wanted to post my own pic but they were worse.

Nice, I have the black on white with a hard tail. I think Charvel really has the best bang for the buck these days. I have 2 now, eyeing a 3rd.

Luna
May 31, 2001

GreatGreen posted:

I have never really been interested in Charvel guitars until that post.

Now I've looked over the whole Charvel website and want at least three of them. Goddamit. WELP THANKS A LOT, THREAD.

Go on ebay and buy one of the 80s pointy lipstick Charvels and we'll consider letting you into the club.

Luna
May 31, 2001

LooksLikeABabyRat posted:

It's an American Original JM. It's the finest instrument I've ever owned and I love it to pieces.

It is! I got it about two months ago. I LOVE IT. I want to slap some new pickups in it though. Something more vintage sounding.
They're pretty rare so if you're ever around the SF bay area and want to try one out hit me up.

I have the same Toronado in red. One of my favorite guitars ever. If you do swap pickups, I will gladly buy the set of Atomics off of you. I'm considering a Jazzmaster build and I'm planning on going HH with atomics.

Luna
May 31, 2001

So in a fit of nostalgia, I found the guitar I played through high school in the 80s and bought it. Not the exact one but the same model/finish. It is actually pretty rare, maybe for good reason. I'm not much of a crackle fan at this point in my life but shits been rough and it makes me happy to look at it. I'll probably post it in the stupid music poo poo thread also.

Luna
May 31, 2001

My addiction to Charvel continues. It is exactly what I have been looking for, a Telecaster Deluxe with a fast neck. It needs a setup but otherwise seems like a fine guitar.

Luna
May 31, 2001

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Charvel > all, though. I would forsake everything I believe in for Charvel.

Listen to the Bhabhi kids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luna
May 31, 2001

widefault posted:

Broke down and finally bought one during the Labor Day sales. So far so good.

Break it down, I'm on the fence with this one.