Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Soonmot posted:

All that matters is that my warlord can yell hit points back into her party members and insult them into hitting better/harder.

And that a bard can literally kill a kobold by saying that its mother had a fat rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

NihilCredo posted:

At a quick check her death strip only implies that she's not going to the same destination as the paladins and her horse, i.e. not LG. Not that I would bet a cent on LE, she's as Neutral as they come, but I don't see where that's definitely established in the strip.

And defying the city's lord wasn't exactly Lafwul either, so yeah she's stuck in the :geno: that is the True Neutral afterlife.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

We don't know how obvious their control might be, in all honesty. It's not entirely inconceivable that V is experiencing some control right now, forcing his/her emotional responses into overdrive so as to weaken the rest of the OotS by V's absence.

Hell, did they even say the individual chunks had to be continuous? A couple seconds here and there to influence vital decisions unconsciously can really add up.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Colonel Cool posted:

Say, couldn't the IFCC just force V to kill herself when their time controlling her was just about expired?

Why do that when you can leave V in a position where it's impossible to do anything but further drat yourself?

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Colonel Cool posted:

It sort of feels like it's still too early for Belkar to die. We've seen hints of character development and killing him before they go anywhere seems just a bit off.

Correction: We've seen hints of him acting like he was having character development. Just enough for the rest of the party to feel okay with keeping him around. Or did you forget the Hojo Fever Dream already?

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Tubgirl Cosplay posted:

Ate one too many diabetics.

Wouldn't that be two too many?

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Carrasco posted:

Incidentally, the only time I can remember OOTS referencing ToB is one of the stories in "Snips, Snails and Dragon Tails" when someone asked Roy why he wasn't a warblade and he answered "My dad wouldn't pay for a PhD."

And so, once again, the party's current problem is entirely Eugene's fault :argh:

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

MikeJF posted:

Hey, does D&D have any non-Evil death gods? Cycle of Life just letting it come naturally and all that?

This is just curiosity.

The Raven Queen in 4e is pretty firmly neutral, and even has exceptions in her "dead means dead, no returning!" rule for adventurers since their fates are usually as tangled & convoluted as Rincewind's hourglass. Hell, she's even trying to fight back against the eviler gods/demons for encroaching on her turf, hence the creation of stuff like Revenants and Executioners.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

my dad posted:

Who would DDoS OotS?

I always knew Oglaf was up to no good :argh:

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

my dad posted:

It's a collaborative fantasy. Everyone contributes.

Quit deprotagonizing Roy, dammit :spergin:

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

greatn posted:

Durkon just needs to go killing a bunch of gypsies til one curses him with a soul, and be careful not to fall in love with, then subsequently have sex with a teenager.

Or get drugged in a badly written adventure that will never be mentioned again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

NihilCredo posted:

Somebody thought of it.

Which is good, because I like my D&D and my Eclipse Phase separate, thank you very much.