Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeedyV
Nov 10, 2005

Water Triiiiibe

kimcicle posted:

Odd, I thought that I had cleared an 8 and it didn't show up. Does Random screw it up any?

Here's the full run-down on CS Cardinal Gate from VJ Army's IIDX wiki:

IIDXicon posted:

To access the CARDINAL GATE folder in Standard Mode, use the methods below, and on your last stage, you can get to CARDINAL GATE using a simple formula:

On your Final Stage, clear the stage and succeed in doing one of the following:
-On a Level 5/6 song, clear the song and Full Combo it
-On a Level 7 song, clear the song and have 100% on the Groove Gauge
-On a Level 8 song, just clear the song.
You can use three different methods to unlock different difficulty modes:

To Unlock CARDINAL GATE and all 4 songs with their NORMAL difficulties:
-Pass your first two songs and get a DJ LEVEL of B or higher.
-On your final song, get a DJ LEVEL A or higher, and follow the Extra Stage criteria.
-HARD is not required, and you are permitted to use EASY. RANDOM/AUTO-SCRATCH/5KEY are not allowed.

To unlock CARDINAL GATE and all 4 songs with their NORMAL and HYPER difficulty modes:
-Pass your first two songs and get a DJ LEVEL of A or higher.
-On your final song, get a DJ LEVEL AA or above on a Level 7 (on Single Mode) or higher, or a Level 6 (on Double Mode) or higher, and follow the Extra Stage criteria.
-HARD is not required. EASY/RANDOM/AUTO-SCRATCH/5KEY are not allowed.
-All songs must be on HYPER or ANOTHER.

To unlock CARDINAL GATE and all 4 songs with all of their difficulty modes:
-Pass your first two songs and get a DJ LEVEL of A or higher.
-On your final song, get a DJ LEVEL A or above on a Level 10 (on Single Mode) or higher, or a Level 9 (on Double Mode) or higher, and follow the Extra Stage criteria.
-HARD is required. EASY/RANDOM/AUTO-SCRATCH/5KEY are not allowed.
-All songs must be on HYPER or ANOTHER.

To access CARDINAL GATE in Free Mode:
Press and hold both Start + Select when selecting Start Game.
The folder will only be available once, but you can exit Free Mode and do it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeedyV
Nov 10, 2005

Water Triiiiibe

Walked posted:

Man I wish there was a speed mod higher than 5.0. Anything sub 100bpm still craaaaaawls at 5.0 :smith:

Sounds like you need to get a towel...or just fiddle with SUDDEN+.

For the record, DistorteD is by no means the style you want to play if you haven't played regularly in a long time. Good god this style has some unforgiving stuff on it.

Fortunately the songlist is so solid that half the time I just pull up the full list, and let the randomizer tell me what I'm going to play.

SeedyV
Nov 10, 2005

Water Triiiiibe

an rear end posted:

Man, Troopers is hard. Both me and SeedyV got our asses kicked by 8th dan :(

I've cleared 8th dan on every other style too.

Hey I woulda probably passed it had I not completely whiffed on The Wall™

....okay I can't say that with a straight face.

SeedyV
Nov 10, 2005

Water Triiiiibe
We're seriously having this discussion without mentioning Macho Gang?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PsqRO_zQfM

SeedyV
Nov 10, 2005

Water Triiiiibe
It's also on 9th style if you don't want to downgrade all the way back to 3rd. :)

SeedyV
Nov 10, 2005

Water Triiiiibe
My initial reaction was "V is a 10?!"

Of course I haven't attempted anything approaching that difficulty in a few months now, I probably wouldn't be able to even normal clear it if I tried now.

SeedyV
Nov 10, 2005

Water Triiiiibe
Holy poo poo they are importing Tamayura from GF/DM into Empress?

Sold. as if i wasn't already

(I guess at this rate there's never going to be Timepiece Phase II or this one that I don't know how to romanize but I'll take what I can get)

SeedyV
Nov 10, 2005

Water Triiiiibe

SirSlarty posted:

Anyone get their copy of Empress yet from Play Asia? I have not received man and it's been a freaking month :(

I'm still waiting for mine as well. It figures the last IIDX release I forsee myself importing is the one that experiences these Play-Asia problems I've never had prior to this.

SeedyV
Nov 10, 2005

Water Triiiiibe

SirSlarty posted:

ha, finally got mine today in the mail.

Going to go unlock Bad Maniacs right now. (as if)

I guess it took badmouthing P-A for it to get its act together, I got mine today as well.

SeedyV
Nov 10, 2005

Water Triiiiibe

enojy posted:

A friend of mine is trying to sell a whole boatload of stuff; mostly Bemani-related, or at the very least, Japanese. Lots of IIDX/Pop'n collector's editions, soundtracks, figurines, artbooks, etc. Check out the pictures, and if you see anything you like, let me know and I'll pass the word along.

http://s1184.photobucket.com/user/kazesales/slideshow/

Interested in the IIDX and Pop'n ASC (will defer to Lynx). Feel free to PM.

SeedyV fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Apr 28, 2013

SeedyV
Nov 10, 2005

Water Triiiiibe
SEEDYV
9813-7148
Omnimix
SP 7th dan, working back up to clearing 9s and 10s.

SeedyV
Nov 10, 2005

Water Triiiiibe
Exact same score he got a few months back, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8g8B1nzKBU

SeedyV
Nov 10, 2005

Water Triiiiibe

I AM THE TOILET posted:

Thinking about making a pilgrimage to Arlington, TX to check out Round 1 there - that place has Bemani machines, right?

Arlington resident here. I haven't been to the Arlington location in a couple of months, but unless there have been sweeping changes to it, you owe it to yourself to go to the Grapevine location instead. I live within a ten minute drive of the Arlington site, but given my last experiences I happily take the near half-hour drive to go to Grapevine instead.

SeedyV
Nov 10, 2005

Water Triiiiibe

Only Shallow posted:

Who else is going to Big Deal next month?

Considering it, though I'd probably be a first-round exit out of any tournament that gets organized.

Is that at the GVM location? Wasn't aware any of the R1s in the area had updated their IIDX cabs.

SeedyV
Nov 10, 2005

Water Triiiiibe

Only Shallow posted:

Who’s at Big Deal?

Getting ready to play in the B tier IIDX tourney.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeedyV
Nov 10, 2005

Water Triiiiibe
https://twitter.com/IIDX_OFFICIAL/status/1024584279525912577

Here we go again.