Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017

Crabtree posted:

Legend has it, if you ever meet and talk to Miura, he turns you into an assistant for a decade.

The trick to meeting him is to draw a face on an egg and carry it around for a day. At midnight he will come and take you away to the art dungeon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017
Did someone CLANG?

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Puck is essential to counter the darkness of certain arcs of Berserk. Like he's pure comic relief now, sure, but there are points in the story where he's basically the audience surrogate while Guts go completely off the deep end.

He is also important for telling Guts about the location they are at now in the manga.

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017

Crabtree posted:

He is the pure embodiment of the mercenary that Guts once was and his profession. A dude with no loyalties other than the best fight he can get. Doesn't matter if its for a tyrant, a church or even evil itself. As long as he gets a good fight out of it, The Nosferatu will walk into any war and seek carnage that can challenge him.

It also makes me curious if he's super bored of his current predicament in Falconia after being free for so long. Sure he gets regulated violence and his kind was always in service of the Godhand, but its controlled and sterile.

Odds of a rebellion because of this? Odds of it happening before Guts even gets there?.

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017

Crabtree posted:

I don't think Zodd will actively betray Griffith yet as he's shown no sign of that, but I think he may disobey orders or desert to seek out Guts for a fight if poo poo goes bad in Falconia. Because I don't think its just him that may not like the new world that Apostles have to live as - basically protectors and possible servants of their prey. Like just a bunch of animistic psychopaths now have to follow orders and take their medication in the form of gladiatorial fights for humanity's amusement, to be part of Griffith's Kingdom. The system doesn't really seem to be intended to be stable, and Zodd probably doesn't really care enough to keep it going if this is just the maelstrom of causality to manipulate Griffith further.

Also I think Zodd, unlike most Apostles is still somewhat true to himself before and after his transformation into a monster. That his code was always there and it made a logical sense to make the sacrifice depending on the circumstances of what happened. Like maybe he's Gaiseric and he sacrificed his Kingdom when there were no more worlds to conquer, maybe he's like Gambino in that he either was made crippled or was too weak to ever become the warrior that he wished to be and the sacrifice for strength to battle was a necessary evil to live the life he wished. But the code is still there even as a monster and it what gives meaning to what he is and a sense of purpose above just being a hedonistic sadist that most apostles descend into, even if he is just as violent, if not even worse than a neonate Apostle.

Zodd goes where there is battle. If he rebels, I don't think he will be the one to start it, but if he thinks it will get him a good fight, he has been shown to be more than willing to act for humans(pre-eclipse at least). With Rickert's bitchslap of defiance, there is at least one seed of rebellion inside Falconia.

As for going to find Guts, he would need to know where he is. I have no idea how he would track him down, especially without the help of the Godhand. If they did meet, I'd guess he would tell Griffith they were coming, because that would also mean a bigger fight against Guts.

I mostly agree with your second paragraph. Saying it was a necessary evil to him makes it sound he was a decent dude looking to fight and could have regretted it before becoming an apostle. I guess we really can't tell, but that seems like an odd assumption.

lobster22221 fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Apr 9, 2018

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017
Miura said the story was pretty far along didn't he? Does anyone remember how much he predicted was left?

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017

Josuke Higashikata posted:

YonkouProd thinks Berserk isn't on hiatus this month

Its a Miuracle

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017

Ccs posted:

How many people did you sacrifice?

What color was the behelit?

Not sure about the color, but it had the faces of Yoshihiro Togashi, Eiichiro Oda, and Katsura Hoshino on it.

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017

Crabtree posted:

Miura lives in a waking dream that won't leave him be until he either plays idolmaster or draws the thing in is head in ink and blood.

The rest of Berserk will actually be an idolmaster crossover.

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017

Hodgepodge posted:

This is the Flowerstorm Queen's end game, and what the Skull Knight warned Guts of. In her pretty new dress, Casca will become everyone's idol. In a stunning allusion to Macross, her song will teach even Griffith and the Apostles what it means to love.

Berserk, having already cornered the Seinen market, goes on to also become the best selling childrens manga of all time.

lobster22221 fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Apr 14, 2018

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017

Torquemadras posted:

What if, like, all of Berserk is one big arc

And it's the best one

Berserk is actually the prequel arc to One piece. The amount of waiting we did while they were on a boat was to set the mood.

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017
Golden age doesn't have puck. Therefor Golden age can't be the best arc.

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017
I know this is terrible.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017

Crabtree posted:

Griffith is probably being pushed into letting his dream fail in some regard just so they can get another sacrifice out of him. He's too ambitious to just stop at a Kingdom in a world where he can't really conquer anything else due to the loving near extinction of reality.

Right now the Astral and Physical Worlds are conjoined, but I doubt that Void or the Idea of Evil is satisfied with just that. They want everything to become a part of the Abyss.

End game, do you think it is possible that Guts will actually let the rest of the godhand live? Is it possible that they are annoyed at Griffith and will actually aid Guts because it works for both of them? Or at least tempt him with a behelit?

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017
Is the idea of evil actually Canon? I thought he published that chapter by mistake, so for all we know it isn't even an actual element in the story anymore.

I'm probably getting facts wrong, so can someone clarify and or correct this?

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017

Bisse posted:

At the moment it is not canon. Miura removed it because he felt it was a bad moment to introduce such a concept. It may come back later, but until it does just assume it won't. Apparently the way Miura has planned story the has changed a lot since then, so it might no longer have a place.

Thanks, I was a bit confused on that.

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017

Radish posted:

The Idea of Evil isn't really any different than the Warhammer gods or Shin Megami Tensei. Maybe he felt it was just too close to those.

Supernatural beings being effected by the existence of mortals isn't too rare of a theme nowadays when deities are involved.

iirc, IoE is basically a thing created because humanity subconsciously wanted there to be a reason for evil to exist. I'm not sure about WH chaos gods, but I thought SMT demons were just powered by explicit belief?

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017

Radish posted:

The Warhammer gods are specifically created by strong emotions while the SMT demons are basically given form by humans beliefs and wanting rationality in the universe (which is based on the real history where mythologies explained the unexplainable). They are similar themes where human emotions, thoughts, beliefs, etc pool in some alternate dimension and become malicious and then cause lots of horror on the humans that created them without knowing it.

I'm not saying Berzerk! is hacky or bad for this, it's just a fairly common idea and there's no problem with that. Maybe Muira wanted to make it something different over the twenty years or whatever since he initially thought it up.

I was not trying to call it the most unique idea either. I do think it has a slight twist to it, but so does every take on the idea(of evil, har har har).

Augus posted:

I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't magic in Berserk still follow that principle? Trolls and unicorns exist because humans came up with them.

The difference is that those creatures are explicit ideas instead of a personification of an abstract concept based off a subconscious human desire. Even if the myths can vary, the base idea is there."Oh, its a horse with a horn,, the horn has magical properties", That is why the Idea of Evil is an interesting take to me. Because no individual* came up with it and defined it.

lobster22221 fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Apr 16, 2018

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017

Darko posted:

Puck is in the Golden Age. He meets Rickert in the caravan right before the Eclipse.

I had forgotten. My memory is poo poo.

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017
The real Idea of Evil is the friends we made along the way.

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017

bloom posted:

i hope guts cuts someone in half

The only thing he will be cutting in half, are the prices at his own grocery store. He will eliminate the commpetition

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017

Mraagvpeine posted:

My personal favorite chapter is 117 in volume 16.

Can you spoiler and tell me which page that is?

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017

My Cuck Dad posted:

No, they're going to form up together like Voltron. Void will be the head/body, Femto and Slan will be the arms, and Ubik and Conrad will be the stubby little legs.

Gut's party reacts in a similar manner. Farnese stands on guts head, serpico and casca are used as melee weapons by guts, and the rest make popcorn and watch.

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017
I just think we should still be on the boat.

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017

Augus posted:

pretty sure most of Griffith's people are going to hell when they die since he's a member of the godhand and all
like they even had that scene where he was passing their souls on to the other side
except he never clarified what that "other side" was

If the IoE is still canon, I think they all go to the same place no matter what. That was a thing, right?

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

IIRC, the way it works is that those who die peacefully and without hate/malice (Godo, Flora) get to go to Heaven, or whatever passes for it in Berserkverse. Those who don't die peacefully, become an Apostle, get turned into an Apostle-Spawn, pledge themselves to a demon knowingly or otherwise or get branded as a sacrifice (pretty much everyone else) go straight to Hell.

Ah, I don't know why I was thinking there was no afterlife. Probably mixing it up with some other franchise. My memory is poo poo.

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017
It'd be interesting if Griffith actually dies before Guts can even get a chance to kill him. Depending on what Miura does, Casca may or may not be pissed at Griffith similar to immediately post-eclipse Guts, so there might be a an interesting angle there.

lobster22221 fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Apr 27, 2018

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017

Crabtree posted:

No, I will be the one that secretly creates Children's Berserk as a toon and warp the minds of a generation!

What would the story of a children's Berserk adaption even be?

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017

Nebakenezzer posted:

What if the Bank of the Hawk - was an actual band

The Bank of the Hawk is probably Wells Fargo or something.

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017

bloom posted:

Bang of the Hawk = the sound made when Guts eventually shoots Griffith in the face with his cannon.

Yeah, but in the anime adaption, they just use the clang sound they use for his sword.

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017
Are there any anime/manga about a medieval/fantasy performance troupe? That sounds like something that should exist.

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017
Slan is obviously also known as Slaanesh.

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017
Is this a dune reference?

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017

U-DO Burger posted:

maybe after miura dies disney will buy the rights to it, sanitize it for a wider audience, and give us the ending as a series of summer fantasy romantic comedy films

Puck and Isidro exists. Therefore the series is already for kids.

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017
Lets just get the people who did the live action dragonball movie to make the adaption.

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i don't think anyone is rushing to do a big budget adaptation of berserk after the completely justified reception the last anime got. we'll have to wait another decade or two.

WE CAN DREAM DAMMIT! But yeah, your almost certainly correct that it will be a long wait. I wonder how much further the manga will be by the next adaption

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017

Relin posted:

another filler chapter ugh

At least with this chapter, its safe to assume Guts won't get to Falconia by boat.

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017

Nalin posted:

she is the only one other than Griffith who can traverse the world tree.

Shierke or the fairies/queen might be able to do it as well. While Griffith (and maybe Sonia probably) knows about the fairies, the rest of his army probably doesn't. That special sense probably has to do with astral projection

Additionally, its possible Guts and Co might be able to use it to actually reach the rest of the Godhand, world trees are supposed to go through all relms in mythology. Griffith might of just led to his undoing.

Also, does this need to be in spoilers or not?

lobster22221 fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Aug 25, 2018

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017

Otakufag posted:

I thought a new chapter finally released with all the unread comments gently caress life.

Berserk doesn't update, everything thing since they got on the boat is fanfic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017

Captain_duck posted:

Before the end, that behelith guts is carrying around is getting used. It's a extremely horrible Checkovs gun. No idea who is going to use it, could be Guts, Puck or maybe even Casca. Maybe Guts will do it to gain the power to kill Griffith but that seems unlikely. Maybe Guts dies and Puck or Casca uses it to revive Guts somehow?

Is it bad that I find godhand Puck an amusing thought?