Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
Does anyone know episodes where I can find a good example of Adam quizzing girls about WW2? The one I keep finding on youtube isn't the funniest one I can remember hearing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

I remember Kelly Osbourne being a guest during a period when he was doing a bunch of that. She was promoting that Madonna cover she did, and he made fun of her for not knowing enough about WW2. The episode prior had a good bit about it, I think, which is why it had come up.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
The part that made it great was that she insisted she was an "expert" while not having any idea who was fighting who.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

UltraRed posted:

The part that made it great was that she insisted she was an "expert" while not having any idea who was fighting who.

Didn't she also get super indignant when Adam pointed out how basic the knowledge is?

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
She's also the one who told a gay caller "of course it feels funny, you've got a willy in your rear end".

I didn't find that offensive, but I did find it funny a couple of years ago when she very publicly quit Fashion Police because her cohost made a comment about a girl with dreads looking like she'd smell like patchouli.

She made quite a little platform for herself on twitter over it, seemingly unaware that sometimes flippant comments happen.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

criscodisco posted:

She's also the one who told a gay caller "of course it feels funny, you've got a willy in your rear end".

I didn't find that offensive, but I did find it funny a couple of years ago when she very publicly quit Fashion Police because her cohost made a comment about a girl with dreads looking like she'd smell like patchouli.

She made quite a little platform for herself on twitter over it, seemingly unaware that sometimes flippant comments happen.

Pretty funny coming from someone who said the big problem with deporting Mexicans is that we wouldn't have gardeners and maids and poo poo.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Holy poo poo, she said that? I can't imagine the backlash, or did it somehow slide under the radar?

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

criscodisco posted:

Holy poo poo, she said that? I can't imagine the backlash, or did it somehow slide under the radar?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0TFayRZeS8

The worst part about that story is that Rosie Perez was forced to apologize to her on air after calling her out.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Haha I wish she'd thrown her under the bus, like Kelly did to her Fashion Police cohost (the creepy insect lady from E!).

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Highbrow Slick posted:

Aaaaaa Turkey stood on a backyard fence,
On Thanksgiving Day,
And as he stood there he'd look up,
And this is what he'd say:

"Oh, Oh, Oh,
GOBBLEGOBBLEGOBBLEBOBBLEGOBBLEGOBBLEGOBBLE
I don't like Thanksgiving Day,
Oh, Oh, Oh,
GOBBLEGOBBLEGOBBLEGOBBLEGOBBLEGOBBLEGOBBLE
I would like to run away!"

Go turkey.
It's your birthday.
Stick your butt out.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum
Remember to make real cranberry sauce, like the Ace man taught us.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Scudworth posted:

Remember to make real cranberry sauce, like the Ace man taught us.

There I was yesterday, standing in the kitchen in a blind panic, trying my hardest to remember Adam's secret sauce recipe. Then I looked at the back of the cranberry bag.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
The fact that cranberry sauce is so easy and so much better fresh is probably one of the most objectively true things Adam has ever said.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
I always love that my dad was also always a huge loveline fan. I show up to Thanksgiving with cranberries and he quickly explains to me that this is why I make the big bucks and that Thanksgiving is good times.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
Shout out to Adam and his funny stuff he used to say

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

I was a victim of a series of accidents, as are we all
Rewatching old Space Ghost: Coast to Coast episodes I came across an episode where Space Ghost is dying and calls a certain young doctor for a consultation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKtrVjuWup4&t=444s

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Just as accurate as all of drew' other diagnosis's.

MrDoDo
Jun 27, 2004

You better remember quick before we haul your sweet ass down to the precinct.

traffic and weather.....traffic and weather.........TRAFFIC AND WEATHER

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.

UP AND ADAM posted:

Shout out to Adam and his funny stuff he used to say

Do you think Adam circa 2000 would be angry at current Adam?

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
Adam has literally only ever cared about money and improving his station in life.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
I think if Old-Adam didn't know it was Future-Adam, Old-Adam would think Future-Adam is a huge rear end in a top hat.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

rear end Catchcum posted:

Adam has literally only ever cared about money and improving his station in life.

Literally a millionaire!

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

Haerc posted:

I think if Old-Adam didn't know it was Future-Adam, Old-Adam would think Future-Adam is a huge rear end in a top hat.

He may or may not like Future-Adam but he would absolutely be disgusted by Future-Drew.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
All this talk of Old-Adam and Future-Adam, I prefer Cyber-Adam.

Whaddaya gonna do?

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

CatchrNdRy posted:

Do you think Adam circa 2000 would be angry at current Adam?
2000 Adam was all but leftist so I'm assuming he would be

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
What makes you think Adam was ever "leftist," whatever that means to you.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

WEH posted:

In the newest classic loveline Bruce calls Adam an “angry young democrat” because he wants the government to give clean syringes to addicts; Adam immediately and unironically agrees.

Among other things. He had way different views on poverty, etc iirc but I haven't listened to that era in years so I guess you'll just have to take me at my word or go through em yourself.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

WEH posted:

Among other things. He had way different views on poverty, etc iirc but I haven't listened to that era in years so I guess you'll just have to take me at my word or go through em yourself.

He always cried about how much poor millionaires like him got taxed, and that's at the heart of so many social problems in the us.

Edit: Dr Bruce is a giant fuckwit if he thinks clean needle exchanges are bad. Holy gently caress he's a doctor as well lmao

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I think old Adam would be disappointed in modern Adam just because he's now a 100% overstocked comedy warehouse. I still occasionally listen to the show when there's a guest I want to hear, and I do Adam and Drew show occasionally, and I can basically always predict what jokes will happen and what Adam will talk about. I can't remember the last time he had new material.

He was always sort of like that but the magic of Loveline was the idiot callers supplied him with constant material, and with his legitimately excellent improv skills he could make gold out of it all the time. Especially if there was a good improv guest along with him like Dana Gould or DAG.

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.

Grand Fromage posted:

I think old Adam would be disappointed in modern Adam just because he's now a 100% overstocked comedy warehouse. I still occasionally listen to the show when there's a guest I want to hear, and I do Adam and Drew show occasionally, and I can basically always predict what jokes will happen and what Adam will talk about. I can't remember the last time he had new material.

He was always sort of like that but the magic of Loveline was the idiot callers supplied him with constant material, and with his legitimately excellent improv skills he could make gold out of it all the time. Especially if there was a good improv guest along with him like Dana Gould or DAG.

I wish Dana Gould had made more than one appearance on Loveline.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

hiddenmovement posted:

He always cried about how much poor millionaires like him got taxed, and that's at the heart of so many social problems in the us.

Edit: Dr Bruce is a giant fuckwit if he thinks clean needle exchanges are bad. Holy gently caress he's a doctor as well lmao
Adam wasn't a millionaire in 2000 or whatever and even if he was it was new enough that he hadn't forgotten that he was poor as hell once. He seriously was way more hostile to the sort of rich rear end in a top hat he'd eventually become than he'd like to admit.

Also Bruce said around that same time that he didn't believe in evolution :downsa:

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I think at least part of the problem is his mom is such a super lefty hippie type and he hates his mom and childhood, so he's thrown it all in with that.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Cromulent posted:

All this talk of Old-Adam and Future-Adam, I prefer Cyber-Adam.

Whaddaya gonna do?

He's a big boy

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
Oh dear Fran Drescher on the Dr. Drew show.

I assumed they thought she would be a good guest to promote awareness of uterine cancer, which (to be charitable) I guess she kind of is.

But her whole spiel was about TOXINS and BIG PHARMA (and prescriptives[sic]) with Dr Drew sitting there politely. I had to turn it off.

I get that he can't really try to get his guest into an argument, but just don't air the show dude. It's not radio, it's OK for it to be left on the engineer's floor.

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.
I think Old Adam would see how much more money Future Adam has and chase the nickel even faster than Drew at a commencement speech.

Old Drew would almost certainly be disgusted with current Drew. He literally stated circa late 90s many times that being some celebrity doctor was his greatest fear.

Grand Fromage posted:

I think at least part of the problem is his mom is such a super lefty hippie type and he hates his mom and childhood, so he's thrown it all in with that.

He also thought that the number of votes you should should be based off the dollars in your yearly salary.

That's why he makes the big bucks.

CatchrNdRy fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Dec 2, 2016

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!
Heard about this on a Loveline episode from 2003, his door prize was a year's supply of Sunny Delight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2SfYAOS31A

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

My greatest fear in life is my love of old Loveline being a vehicle for being stuck in the past. Blink riffs, 9/11 era politics, teenagers from the late 90s.

My second greatest fear is running out of unlistened-to episodes.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Lampsacus posted:

My greatest fear in life is my love of old Loveline being a vehicle for being stuck in the past. Blink riffs, 9/11 era politics, teenagers from the late 90s.

My second greatest fear is running out of unlistened-to episodes.

Its sad and fun to see the air date of an episode and remember what you were doing 15 years ago.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
SEX WOOORLD!
SEX WORLD'S GOT SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE

even meeee?

YEAH EVEN YOU GRANDMA!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringball
Mar 17, 2009

The ads from that era are bizzare to hear at my age now, and I listened to loveline in like 2005 when I was in middle school

• Locked thread