Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

destructo posted:

The rear 3/4 view looks great IMHO, but that retarded t-tops-ish thing he did with the hardtop is :barf:. The Autokonexion fastback works wellon that car.

Someone overlooked the truck nuts.

Click here for the full 801x440 image.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
My experience with the 95+ (S14) 240sx is that the exhaust/catalytic converter is routed right next to the driver side foot well, and thus right next to the transmission tunnel. Consequently, it gets very warm. I'm not exactly sure how the exhaust system is routed on the Miata, but this may be partly to blame.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006

orange lime posted:

Train horn?
Foghorn?
Police siren?

Ship horn
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjyUfV3W5zk
Or somewhat more dramatic:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiWNw0A1Ijg

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Any opinions or advice on ND2 shopping? I'm trying to locate an ND2 Miata Club with the Recaro package-- ideally in Soul Red. I'm not in a huge rush, but I think the used car market right now might make it a good time to sell my MS3.

The dealership in Austin is telling me they can't order a specific car/trim and are at the mercy of Mazda USA allocating a random car to them.

A dealership in College Station has one coming in, in Arctic White, but I haven't been able to see a local Miata in that color to tell if I would even like it. LOL at this quote tacking on $1,600 in bullshit on a car they haven't taken delivery of yet. I don't think there's much room for negotiating prices in the current market, but I could be wrong. At nearly $40k It becomes tempting to look at a 987.2 Boxster S, but I know maintenance and ownership would be much more of a headache than a Miata.

Is there anything really differentiating the 2020 ND2 vs. the 2021 MY to really solidify buying new vs. a lightly used model, like this? Was Android Auto not standard on the 2020?

I did email this guy and he sounded rightly insane. "Never parking the car in the sun. Never driving in the rain." Yada yada yada, would be a good first owner to buy from since it's pristine, but his price is basically MSRP with less of a warranty. While polymetal gray looks good in some lighting/angles it's not my favorite.

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/d/southlake-mazda-mx-miata-club/7404442496.html

This one checks most of the boxes, but it's pretty far away from Texas
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=611918767

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
I've been waiting to see what if any changes come in the ND3 update and based on internet rumors it seems like we're still not getting any more exciting colors, so I guess that probably settles my decision to go for an ND2.

The other bullshit I'm still waiting on to make a decision is for the Mazda dealer in Austin to return my car which they said they finally would send to a body shop to repaint the roof. I think they've had my car for at least 3 weeks now.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
I bought a 2021 RF Grand Touring on Thursday. It happened to show up on the lot as a CPO with 6500 miles.

Pretty fun so far! I sort of like the looks of the Club front lip and sideskirts, but from what I can tell they're kinda $$$ for something purely cosmetic.

Is there anything in particular I should consider doing soon?

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006

GOD IS BED posted:

Gorgeous Miata! If the ND has the same paint as the NC (thin as hell), you might consider a ceramic coating to protect it. My NC2 just turned ten and it's got fading clearcoat and dings all over it, I really wish I had done a ceramic coat when it was new.

I really didn't want another black car, and my wife is pushing to vinyl wrap it something bright or interesting. I'm tempted, depending on how much that will run me.

Although, I might use today to at least go wash and wax it so it will look good for a few days.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006

Hikaki posted:

Stuff like mechanicals or aesthetics I'll ignore because that's largely down to preference. My recommendation is to think about accessories that make the car more liveable.

You can get these storage nets that stick onto the carpet. I stick one on the transmission hump that my passengers can use and one on the wall of my trunk that I can put stuff that I always want with the car like small tools. Mazda also has an official storage net that hangs in the trunk which really helps keep stuff like takeout food from flopping around.

This center console shelf adds an upper level to the glove box where you can keep stuff you use often so you don't have to fish around for it, like hand sanitizer or sunglasses.

There are a few options (one can be found in the shop linked above) for phone mounts that plug into the passenger cup holder hole. I've never had a car that had such an elegant solution for a phone mount before. The cigarette lighter is really close by and hidden too if you want to charge. I highly recommend doing this.

The net ideas are great, as is the center console shelf.

I haven't decided about the best phone mount. I don't necessarily like eliminating the passenger front cupholder, but I need to see all available options. Cravenspeed sells one that mounts to the air vent surround but I don't want to block even more visibility out of the windshield.

I'll take a look at the Mazda cargo net. Do y'all have any online OE/dealer sites that you've used or can recommend? I don't feel like the parts department at my dealer ever has competitive pricing.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Do y'all own any kind of reusable earplugs that you would recommend?

Something like these?

https://www.nonoise-earplugs.com/nonoise-motorsport-en.html

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/pinlock-earplugs?sku_id=1211013

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006

Russian Bear posted:

The nonoise ones are great especially if you don't have to yank a motorcycle helmet over them. I ended up using disposable laserlites on the moto because the nonoise's are slightly too small for one of my ear canals. I think the same design is offered by a bunch of different companies and even with different sized ends so that might be worth checking out. The nonoise are one size.

Yeah being able to pull over my motorcycle helmet would be a plus.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I just use the lovely foam ones for my motorbike trips, my helmet is an absolutely perfect fit and putting any sort of actual in ear headphone in there too is a no-no. Helmet does have the tiniest little removable padding for Bluetooth stuff though so I need to pull that out and see what the difference is. The earpiece the instructor wedged inside there was pure pain though.

For actual in ear headphones I whole heartedly recommend KZ ZSN Pro X ones. They're $20 and honestly put headphones a LOT pricier to shame. They're so cheap you can afford to buy a few pairs and keep them in various places. You can also get the Bluetooth wireless add on for the earpieces for a bank account busting $15.

These look neat. I might just buy a pair for... Something. Although my current phone, OnePlus 8T doesn't have an audio cable jack.

Oops, missed the Bluetooth part. Cool.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Perhaps a stupid question and I should read the owners manual, but on my ND2 GT, I find that even with my phone plugged in before turning the car on, the head unit doesn't seem to default to AndroidAuto and I may have to go to the "apps" menu and select it manually to pull up Maps/Waze, Spotify, etc.

Is there some setting for the head unit to choose how it will generally behave at start up? I think I've gone through every menu but I don't recall seeing anything about that.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
I'm sort of tempted to do stupid things like buy the CarbonMiata "Spyder" grill for my ND. It seems like with the bumper off, that's also the time to put on a louder horn-- in the event that that might help at all.

So, is it worth it to install some Hella Supertones or Sharptones? Is there any indication that they would be an improvement over the stock horns?

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006

Coca Koala posted:

I took my ND2 out to an autocross school, holy wow.

Turns out the miata is a fun car to just drive around town with, but it's a super fun car to drive and turn fast in, it's hard to imagine a better feeling than turning into a corner, feeling it understeer a bit, and then tapping the brakes to bump the rear around to where you need it to be before you mash on the gas again.

I also saw an NC running the same course and man, that car's got what looks like a real soft suspension. The driver got the inside tire to lift a couple times during a turn, which seems hair-raisingly terrifying to me when you also add in the amount of body roll going on.

A lot of the complaints I read about the ND (and maybe ND2?) was that the car had a lot of body roll, but I haven't felt like it was that bad just driving around town. Hopefully I'll find some time to go autocross mine. My friend with a 30th AE soft top has been talking about buying stiffer suspension for his, but I haven't had a chance to ride in it to see if it feels any different in comparison to my 2021 RF GT.

When I had more energy to drive 2+ hours to stand in a parking lot for most of the day, I would go autocross my MS3. There was a guy there that drove a CRZ that would consistently raise the inner rear wheel. I think he had fairly sticky tires, but I'm not sure if he had modified the suspension at all. It seemed like it must've had a very soft rear sway bar.

MetaJew fucked around with this message at 21:28 on May 30, 2022

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006

Ror posted:

I've been meaning to post this for a while but keep forgetting and just had to move a bunch of stuff.

I have an extra set of ND aftermarket headers that I want to get rid of, they're unused and in the original box because the company accidentally sent me the part twice. It's this exact item: https://www.good-win-racing.com/Mazda-Performance-Part/61-1824S.html

I installed the first one on my ND2 and it's great, albeit definitely louder than stock. I use one of the baffles they sell with my exhaust to make it a little quieter but it sounds great.

Anyway I really don't want this box anymore but I'm also lazy and hate trying to sell stuff to private parties. But I appreciate my fellow goons, especially Miata owners, so if someone want to throw me a little money to cover shipping and my precious time or whatever then I'm down. I don't know if this is against the rules and I have to post in SA-Mart or something. At this point I don't even really care about making money from it, I just want to get rid of it.

I'm kind of interested-- for my 21 RF, but I've never put headers on a car before. Are you completely catless?

I'm old enough to not want to deal with the smell, or the chore of trying to pass emissions but it sounds like a good opportunity for someone.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006

Teach posted:

I'vd had my ND for a month now, and I'm thrilled with it.

(I know it needs a clean, give me a minute.)

Pros.
- It's such a pleasure to drive, it really is. I know that's a Duh thing for most of you, but my only other experience with an MX-5 was twenty or so years ago, and an NA. This is just... so much fun. I find myself looking for excuses to drive, or extending drives I'm already on. I love it.
- it's so nice to have the roof down all the time. I only really raise the roof for motorway/freeway work - apart from that, it's roof down, all the time.
- I got 45mpg on a mixed two hour drive last week, and that's twice what I used to get in my C63.
- I find it very comfortable, and snug, especially in colder weather. Heated seats on, heating on - it's great.

Cons.
- I've not quite worked out the keyless entry yet, and it often takes me a couple of goes to unlock the car for myself and the passenger. I'll read the manual sometime.
- the rearview mirror sits in my line of sight. My fault for being 6'1", but there you go.
- the infotainment is a bit sluggish, and slow to react. I don't bother with the navigation, but the digital radio is clear and loud, and I love the Bose speakers in the seat headrests.

10/10 would buy again.

Congrats! I also love my ND so far. Although, I do wish I could've gotten the Recaro seats.

The rear view mirror blocking a good portion of your line of sight is also an issue for me. I have thought about buying those seat-lowering rails. However, once you install them you can't move the seat position without having a socket wrench on hand and I'm not prepared to basically have a fixed-position seat.

The sluggish infotainment unit is also annoying, and seems to be a problem for all OEMs for some reason.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006

Bulk Vanderhuge posted:

Is the mirror arm double articulated? This is an option, pricey though:

https://rev9autosport.com/zoom-compact-retro-rear-view-mirror.html

A mirror from a vintage British car or aircooled VW might work.

That's interesting. In my case I have the window sensor/homelink/forward facing camera that I assume is for the collision avoidance thing-- so not an option. I just wish they had either made the packaging more compact, or made the seat lower.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006

Bulk Vanderhuge posted:

They have options for NDs with and without the sensor, is all that stuff mounted in the mirror? Not sure if the photos on the page correspond with your car.

They did have an option that accounted for the windshield sensor package, but not homelink. I don't want to fumble around trying to grab a garage door opener from the center glovebox. That thing is already difficult for me to access once I'm in the driver's seat.

Virgil Vox posted:

Not too bad, couple rips on the plastic but I was able to pop everything back, tow hook cover is toast and thankfully my nice brake duct is okay. Splitter was already a lil mashed on that side.

Now that I have a junk bumper maybe I can add some sick aero :bisonyes:

Time to go full Varus aero package: splitter, canards, underbody panels, hood vents, and gently caress-off wing.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006

A MIRACLE posted:

should I get another Miata? I haven't had a car for like 6 weeks now and it would make it easier to get around up here, the bus only comes by like once an hour.

https://www.raysfortuna.com/vehicle-details/2012-mazda-mx-5-miata-touring-convertible-624933626a0f0d40b5b359e980c90796

this would be my third miata. anything to look out for on the NC2? Is there a timing belt replacement I should be looking for at this mileage like with the NA?

edit ah drat someone else got it

I believe the NC has a timing chain. NA and NB used timing belts. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Any tips for removing the front and rear bumpers on the ND? I ordered the Carbon Miata Spyder grill and Hard Dog tow hitch (for a bicycle rack) a few months ago, but it's been too hot to even consider working in the garage.

Trying to get the energy to do it in the near future. If my friend will let me, I was either planning on borrowing his quick jacks to use at my house, or maybe doing it at his house on the quick jacks or 4 post lift. Will this be a very tedious job?

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006

Hikaki posted:

I did the hitch over a few hours and it's not too bad. You don't need to jack up the car (for the rear bumper at least). Just follow the installation text and use the online shop manual for reference. The text mentions plastic Phillips screws and I had a hard time not stripping these; in retrospect these are probably actually JIS screws so try to use the right bits if you have access. If you don't have it already, get the anti-rattle kit. The removable receiver attaches very loosely and is actually quite loud, not to mention the extra wear it will take with a load on it.

Good point. It hadn't crossed my mind that I could get the rear bumper off without raising the car.

Can you point me to the shop manual? I thought I had bookmarked one, but I can't find it now.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Anyone here try debadging the ND? I'm not a huge fan of the badges on the rear bumper. I'd go so far as to do the Mazda badges too, but I can live with those, I guess.

I bought some plastic plugs that someone recommended in Miata.net but I was thinking about getting some touchup paint to try and color match them to my paint. Do y'all have any good online stores for buying that/ I think the paint code is Jet Black Mica 41W

I probably just need to get a cheap can of primer that will stick to plastic, and a few light coats of touch up paint to do it.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
There's a lot of petty crime. Checking for unlocked doors and stealing whatever is inside, or maybe breaking a window and stealing whatever junk is inside. Or stealing nothing.

Happens a lot in my city. But also I have neighbors that never park in their garages and leave valuable things in view in their car. And, being Texas, if you have certain stickers on your card people might break into it for a free gun.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Installed the Hard Dog hideaway hitch. I do not enjoy removing bumpers or any bodywork at all, so it was unpleasant, but I think I managed to complete it without destroying anything.

I'll need to order the anti-rattle kit and the 2" receiver whenever I get around to buying a bike rack. The platform style I'd like to buy is going for $700+ on craigslist, so I think I'll see if I can wait for some sort of deal to appear.

I also pulled off the "MX-5" and "Skyactive" badges, but I'm undecided about what to do with the leftover pinholes. At least the adhesive came off without too much trouble.

MetaJew fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Sep 5, 2022

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Can the goon with the louvers on their RF chime in on how they're holding up?

I was about to buy them but just read through the thread again on Miata.net and saw a guy mentioned that the fasteners stripped out on the top slat, and that the top slat moved around a lot with the roof down. I think I've decided to pass on them if they really are that flimsy and poorly fastened.

They do look very cool tho...

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
I bought a very silly carbon fiber "duck tail" wing for my RF that is a knockoff of the Legsport wing. I think it works well with the RF body lines, and it sort of reminds me of the trunk/wing on the latest generation BRZ/86.

I just received the VHB tape and adhesion promoter to install it, so after I do a wash and claybar the trunk I'll put it on.

Sloppily mocked up with some painters tape:

MetaJew fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Oct 11, 2022

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Did a wash, claybar and sealer over the weekend and installed the spoiler. Looks pretty nice if I do say so myself. I still hate owning a black car though, because it's going to look dirty by Thursday.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006

pastor of muppets posted:

Nice! How long did it take to claybar the whole thing? Was thinking about trying that out next time I do a hand wash. Like you, I agonize over the fact that it will look filthy again like half a second later and won’t be worth the effort.

I mean, the Miata is such a small car that it really doesn't take that long but it's still tedious. Probably took me 30 minutes to an hour to do it after washing it. But, I had some bug guts that were hard to get off despite hand washing and soaking everything down with dawn dish soap.

Just do it and try to ignore the fact that your black car will look dirty after just sitting in the garage.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006

Phone posted:

Get an alignment as soon as you can (budget/time/whatever) and find your local autocross club

The season in most places isn’t over yet

Uhh so for stock RF suspension and wheels (2021 GT trim), is there a recommended alignment?

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
I think I'm done with cosmetics, but I installed the Carbon Miata Spyder grill, Hella Supertones, and the "Byson R" ebay lip on Saturday. I'm very pleased with the look of the grill. Also because the PO or dealer had drilled the OE grill for a license plate, which I cannot stand.

If I get pulled over for a front plate I suppose I'll buy a tow-hitch mount or something, but that hasn't been an issue so far.

And then on the way home a piece of landscaping fabric, or something blew into my lane out of nowhere. The door sill panel scuffs wiped off with a microfiber cloth and detailer, but the lip is scratched up now. Perhaps it could be polished up some, but oh well. I bought a cheapo ABS lip for a reason, but it sure is annoying that it took a hit this soon after install.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006

nerdrum posted:

Pretty happy with how the Koni Sport's settled on the progress springs. This is on the 2nd perch.

Has anyone went from a Club LSD to a Quaife unit? Starting to think that's the last step in this very stupid build.

Thanks for responding to my DM about the louvers. There was a thread in miata.net (that I think you posted in) with another guy describing the same install and longevity issues with the louvers. I really wanted a set but with the price going up to near $600 and them not being super sturdy or having a better mounting mechanism I decided to back out.

I do feel like there should be a way to 3d print or otherwise fabricate some kind of bracket to mount a more sturdy louver to, but I'm not a mechanical engineer or familiar with fabricating or modeling stuff.

Anyway all that to say, awesome car.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006

mobby_6kl posted:

Oh that sucks. Time for DIY carbon-fiber louvers?

There's a guy selling carbon trim pieces for the RF-- for the fake rear quarter "windows" and the "hoop" part of the buttresses.

http://www.dfwcomposites.com/

The complaints for the louvers, and nerdrum could probably elaborate on it more, was that they were made of very thin aluminum and the top slat would flap in the wind with the top down. The fasteners were also prone to rusting, and because they thread into the plastic buttress, they would strip or back out over time. It also looked like it would be difficult to get the holes drilled symmetrically on either side of the car.

So, assuming CF is more rigid for the same thickness, I think it would be possible to epoxy in some threaded inserts into the buttress, and then bolt a bracket into those inserts that the slat would fasten to. There needs to be some way to locate the bracket uniformly on either side of the car-- I'm not sure what you would go off of, but assuming you could find some landmarks to use, then you would guarantee that all of the slats are parallel.

Anyway, it sounds like a lot of work, and I'm just an idea guy. ;)

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006

reversefungi posted:

:krad:

Congrats! I've only been an owner for a month myself, but it keeps getting better with each drive. I hope you love yours as much as I love mine.

On a different note, has anyone here purchased a roof controller for the RF? Thinking of asking for this as a Xmas gift from my family: https://mx5things.com/collections/mazda-mx-5-rf/products/roof-controller-for-mazda-mx-5-rf

Any reasons to avoid, or other models that folks recommend over this one? Haven't been able to find anything negative from my brief searching.

I've been very tempted to order his module as i get kind of annoyed having to hold the roof button.

Source4Leko posted:

Just finally did it and bought a Miata. Very happy with it so far.

Congrats, fellow black RF owner!

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006

Source4Leko posted:

Thanks! It's been great, had it since Monday and just hit 600 miles today. Took it out for it's first workout on route 1 thru Big Sur in celebration.

Keep some ear plugs in the car if you plan to drive with the roof off, over 55-60mph. My ears will ring if I'm irresponsible and dumb and do that, and I've already got tinnitus. (Like riding a motorcycle at highway speeds without ear plugs).

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006

Source4Leko posted:

Thanks for the reminder. I wasn't going over that for much today but I will be. I mean, I got a convertible to have the roof off so yea its going to be open as much as possible.

I've bought a pair of the "Pinlock" brand earplugs with a filter from Cyclegear, and a pair of "Eargasms" from their webstore. I think the Eargasms probably fit my ears better, and they've had a 25% off sale going on for a few days. Or you can just do foam ear plugs, but get something.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006

reversefungi posted:

Just installed the mx5things roof controller. Was pretty straightforward, took a little under an hour. You might want a second person to just help keep the panel open while you're unplugging cables and moving stuff behind the seat, would have definitely made things go faster, but I was able to struggle through it on my own.

Initial impressions are that this thing just works. I was able to drive around my neighborhood at around 10-15ish mph, flick the switch, and the roof goes up or down, no other input required from me. Pretty awesome! We'll see how it holds up, but right now would definitely say it's worth the purchase.

I've been eyeing that. Stop tempting me, OP

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

will most likely be an official member of the cult tomorrow evening

found a 2020 RF GT in black, 10k mi, still smells new and paint has no chips or scratches.

i test drove a red '23 today and man they're fun cars. i think the red is a bit much for me personally though, i ended up liking the black one better.

One of us. One of us. One of us.

(My black '21 RF is covered in water spots and dirt... I need to wash it. But I still want a vinyl wrap)

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

Initial morning-after reviews:

* No sinking pit of regret when I woke up
* literally the best shifter i've ever touched. several times i thought i only got it down to neutral from 1 or 3, but was actually already in 2/4
* stereo is insane for some reason? Really good, hahah
* Power is just right, any less and it'd be a waste of a pretty car, any more and i'd waste the pretty car. And i'm at 5k-6k elevation here so it's down 20hp, i bet it's even yippier down at sea level.

Now thinking of money to spend on it. Dash cams are hot these days eh? Seems wise.

reversefungi posted:

:krad:

As far as stuff to spend money on, I'm really digging the roof controller I added last month.

Roof controller is a nice quality of life thing.

I bought this phone mount, and used some 3m double sided tape to fasten a magnetic mount to it. It keeps my phone from sliding around when I have it plugged in for android auto.
https://www.rspeed.net/miata_cell_phone_mount_p/nd0-3159.htm

I bought the 3d Maxpider floor mats. I believe I found a coupon code for this website when I put in my order.
https://www.autoanything.com/floor-mats/3d-maxpider-kagu-floor-mats

I also bought the all-weather trunk liner and bungy cord organizer:
https://mossmiata.com/factory-all-weather-mats-trunk-liner
https://mossmiata.com/cargo-nets

I use the cargo net when I order takeout or get something else that I don't want rolling around or spilling. It comes in handy.

I keep a air compressor and battery jump starter in the trunk, although the fact that you probably can't pop the trunk easily with a dead battery probably means that won't work, but there really isn't a lot of storage space in the cabin to stow my jump starter, so I'm not sure where else to keep it.

Stubby antenna and engine noise tube delete are other less functional things you can buy if you like

Also, I only learned this a few weeks ago, after a year of ownership, but there is a hidden button to the right of the license plate light to pop the trunk without the key. If you double tap it I believe it will lock the doors.

If you pop the trunk open before leaving the car, the walk-away mechanism will not lock the doors.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

Hell yeah. thanks!

First $ thrown at it - ordered a Viofo A129 Duo dash cam with the harness and a well-regarded fuse tap kit, and a stubby AM/FM. Just need it to listen to traffic now that i have ~~~ caaaar plaaaaay ~~~~

Mx5 things sells a harness to power the camera from the rear view mirror

https://mx5things.com/collections/mazda-mx-5-rf/products/cable-for-plug-n-play-installation-blackvue-dashcam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

Hell yeah. thanks!

First $ thrown at it - ordered a Viofo A129 Duo dash cam with the harness and a well-regarded fuse tap kit, and a stubby AM/FM. Just need it to listen to traffic now that i have ~~~ caaaar plaaaaay ~~~~

Does the duo have a rear camera? How do you wire that in? Does it get power from the front camera?

I'm very annoyed that The ND2 doesn't have wireless android auto. The barebones Hyundai hatch i rented in Vancouver had wireless AA.

MetaJew fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Jan 7, 2023