Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.
I've really gotten into The Ascent of Everest lately. They're from Murfreesboro, TN (just outside of Nashville) but even though I live close I've never been able to catch a show of theirs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Has everyone heard of "EF" yet? I got it recommended to me from CDBaby and drat is it good.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

AprilONeilsTits posted:

i dont think you know what post rock is. appleseedcast lol
Low Level Owl is the only worthwhile thing The Appleseed Cast ever really did and it could definitely fit in the post-rock genre. I don't understand how they went from emo to pretty much one of the greatest albums ever, and a double album at that, back to just lovely emo again.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

thehustler posted:

New Mono has leaked.
The new Mono has leaked and is "apparently" awesome.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

The last 3 songs of Beast, Please Be Still's S/T album rank right at the top of any work done in post-rock, and maybe even music, ever. Every single thing is spot on. You're sitting there going "man, this is a pretty rocking drum beat" during Annihilate Everything That Exists and then you go "oh poo poo, a loving FLUTE solo. this is amazing". Then you get into the song Clouds and it's basically like an auditory movie, you can see a movie in your freaking mind and then you get to And Then You Took Over and you can just see yourself laying in bed with the one you love and them saying all the things you've always wanted to hear.

It's just amazing and if you haven't heard those last 3 songs you really owe it to yourself to.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

No matter how much post-rock I listen to I always come back to one glaring truth.

The best post-rock song of all time is Clouds/Then You Took Over by Beast, Please Be Still.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

I just saw a commercial for new balance that used "I believe in your victory" by this wil destroy you.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

The new EitS just blew me away. Just amazing.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Cymbal Monkey posted:

So, I've heard the new Mono albums, and you should all know that these two albums will strip the flesh from your bones and ascend you to a higher level of existence.

This is the kind of excitement that I need in my life. Awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

New GY!BE out on 9/22!

Only registered members can see post attachments!