Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

GuavaMoment posted:

It's not the kind of thread that generates much discussion
You're telling me! Though to be fair it's a very simple game that does a well enough job of speaking for itself so it's kind of to be expected and that's okay with me. Honestly since it's my first LP (aside from some camcorder stuff I did a few years ago I'm not proud of) I'm just glad that people are enjoying it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

MeccaPrime posted:

But you should definitely check out Goldeneye; they took turns doing levels after each death and drew level conditions out of a hat for each one. Some pretty funny combinations came up.

The Bas Rutten challenge had me giggling like a schoolgirl. :allears:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

helloitsdan and Lithuanian Dad's Mercenaries 2 LP is, in my opinion, one of the greatest LPs I've ever watched and is one of the ones that inspired me to start my own LPs.

Seriously. People should watch it if they haven't.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Gothy McAngstydie posted:

So I am looking for some "chill" LP's to watch when I am home from work and want to relax, perhaps smoke a weed. Can anyone recommend me some video LP's that work along these lines? psymonkey's LP of Kirby's Dream Course is perhaps my favorite to perform this activity with, but he has not LP'd in some time and I am looking for some new material! Okay great thanks.

The FamousGhosts guys did a Super Mario 64 LP a while back that I was a huge fan of because it was so chill. I don't think it ever went to the LP Archive but you can still find a playlist on their YouTube page.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

MeccaPrime posted:

Yes. Those suggestions are most likely not what you're looking for; there's nothing "story-driven RPG" about them.
Other M likes to think it's story driven.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I'll be the first person to admit our first couple of videos are rough around the edges both technically and from a standpoint of how we approach the game. We kind of had to shift gears a bit at the last minute as the other SR2 LP started at the same time so it took us a bit to really get a foothold on how we wanted to handle everything. I'd personally say I don't feel like we really hit our stride until Episode 05 (some may argue earlier).

However, at least in comparison to me, Panzer is a very excitable person and that's just how she is. Nothing about the LP is an act, it's just for some reason when we play games together we think everything we do is hilarious.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Panzer did get kind of drunk for the session we recorded that ended up being episodes 5 and 6 though, so that might not be your bag either. :shobon:

I'd say check out Episode 09: Donnie because that's, to me, an episode where everything came together well to be a horrible disaster. If you like it, great, pick an episode earlier than that and start working forward. If it doesn't interest you, then the LP probably isn't your cup of tea (and that's ok!).

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I can't link to it because I'm at work right now but there's a YouTube LP of Ratchet & Clank 2 and 3 done by a couple guys who worked on both of the games. I found them quite enjoyable barring some technical problems here and there.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Panzer Skank posted:

Is it this one? They have a link to the playthrough of 3 in the description of that video as well, which is here.
Yep, that's the one. Worth watching, in my opinion, if you enjoy the R&C games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

If Mercs 2 by helloitsdan and lithuanian dad aren't in the new OP then the thread shouldn't be taken seriously.

• Locked thread