Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pimblor
Sep 13, 2003
bob
Grimey Drawer

NickNails posted:

Is there a simple way to have one drill turn multiple bits at the same time? Something like the lovely ascii depiction below. The bit to bit spacing needs to be 0.375", which is fairly small in my opinion. It doesn't have to be 7 bits either, just anything more than one.

|- Bit 1
|- Bit 2
|- Bit 3
Drill Chuck -|- Bit 4
|- Bit 5
|- Bit 6
|- Bit 7

Well, I have seen used Gang Drill presses for $495... They're not impossible to find but well, honestly you would almost be better off getting a CNC mill if you must have accuracy that a jig wouldn't provide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pimblor
Sep 13, 2003
bob
Grimey Drawer

King of the Cows posted:

Anyone know of a source of 1/4" PEX fittings? Lots of places sell 1/4" PEX tubing but I can't seem to find any fittings.

It's been awhile, and I may be wrong, but you may want to try a Camping World if you have one close by. I think 1/4" pex is what they use in RV's.

Pimblor
Sep 13, 2003
bob
Grimey Drawer
Concrete question / old rear end barn question here. I have an old barn that was built in 1903 or so and at some point some jackass poured an inch of concrete over the wooden floor (unbeknownst to me). Fast forward a couple of years, and a forklift got parked in there and crashed through the deck. I busted up the concrete years ago, and want to put a (big) lathe in there, probably around 2k lbs (maybe more) and maybe drive a fork lift in (to position the lathe). So naturally I just want to fill the whole thing in with concrete.

I know jack poo poo about concrete and foundations, can I just call a concrete company and tell 'em fill it in and finish it? Who do I call? The ready mix plant a few miles up the road? What are my options? I'd like to keep the budget at or below $1200, but could stretch another grand.

Here's my ms paint for lovely reference!

It's about 12' wide, by about 17' deep and the back is about 4' above grade. The current foundation is a natural rock foundation that's been mortared.

Pimblor
Sep 13, 2003
bob
Grimey Drawer

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

As a point of comparison, I spent $12k to get a 16x24' (so about 2x as big as your barn) concrete slab foundation poured for my workshop. This was a full-on foundation with perimeter walls, not just a floor, but I'd still be surprised if you could get your floor done for what you're ready to pay. Sorry.

I was hoping it wasn't going to be anywhere near that. A friend of a friend who has done some concrete work suggested to me that blocking up the back with cinder blocks and calling the ready mix plant up the road and telling them to dump their "hot loads" (HEH) in the hole and I'd get it done for free (over time any way).

I've been procrastinating that option as it means moving a bunch of crap out of there and finding a home for it for however many months that takes and finally said gently caress it, let me see what somebody wants to do it.