Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the wizards beard
Apr 15, 2007
Reppin

4 LIFE 4 REAL
Is it missing a grub screw to hold it on? That's a pretty cheap fix.

If it was me and I was looking to sell I would even epoxy it back together if it was in pieces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the wizards beard
Apr 15, 2007
Reppin

4 LIFE 4 REAL

Gorilla Salsa posted:

Crosspost from the small questions thread:

edit: I had a look. You would probably need a small mixer if you want to run this through an amplifier. Honestly I have no idea who the target market of that pedal is, it doesn't seem like it would be useful to a wide enough audience for EHX to bother

the wizards beard fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Mar 18, 2013

the wizards beard
Apr 15, 2007
Reppin

4 LIFE 4 REAL

Noise Machine posted:

I'm pretty sure Fripp used a Russian Big Muff pedal in the 1970s. Possibly check out some of the Wren and Cuff series? He does a lot of copies of period-specific Muffs.

There were no Russian Big Muffs until the 90s.

the wizards beard
Apr 15, 2007
Reppin

4 LIFE 4 REAL

comes along bort posted:

The Tri Metal is alright for what it does. There's a reason it goes for a pretty penny on ebay.

I'm probably going to sell a Tri Metal if anyone is a fan.

the wizards beard
Apr 15, 2007
Reppin

4 LIFE 4 REAL

Agreed posted:

I might be interested if it's still available ;) PM me for the damages?

I had forgotten I posted that here. It has a few dings on it now as it lived in a shared jam room for a while and was used as an emergency metal pedal. I'll snap a picture so you can see. Still have the box as well.

the wizards beard
Apr 15, 2007
Reppin

4 LIFE 4 REAL
It is your old pedal, it would have been nearly 3 years since you sold it to me.

I took a couple of pictures, I'm realizing now I should have wiped off any dust. Also, the knobs appear to have been painted(?) at some point and now it is starting to peel away, I tried to show the worst of that.

http://imgur.com/a/KxntF

e: I also forgot to include the box :doh: I'm pretty sure it has been sitting on a shelf since 2009.

the wizards beard fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Nov 27, 2013

the wizards beard
Apr 15, 2007
Reppin

4 LIFE 4 REAL
Are you in the UK/West Europe? I have a Dod Milk Box I don't use

the wizards beard
Apr 15, 2007
Reppin

4 LIFE 4 REAL

Southern Heel posted:

I am in the UK - how much were you looking for it?

Let me dig it out to check the condition, I'll take a picture for you. I know it's boxed, I'm pretty sure it looked like new. My ebay records say I paid ~£45 for it, I would like to cover that if it's cool. I'm in Ireland so I wouldn't expect postage to cost much.

the wizards beard
Apr 15, 2007
Reppin

4 LIFE 4 REAL
They are really no rules to what should or shouldn't get it's own isolated power supply, just don't exceed the total rated current. If something is noisier than it should be then move it to it's own plug. There must be thousands of guitar players running wahs, delays and distortions daisy-chained off a single Boss 9V PSU without issue

the wizards beard
Apr 15, 2007
Reppin

4 LIFE 4 REAL
Modifying the old Boss pedals to run off 9V is very simple. It takes longer to unscrew the base plate than to short out the diode.

the wizards beard
Apr 15, 2007
Reppin

4 LIFE 4 REAL

massive spider posted:

Absolute bullshit

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LosL-gdHLpk

I'd hazard that If you need a "tone box" in your setup something us wrong with your rig which would be better fixed at the source. At MOST maybe a graphic eq would be an idea for doing functionally the same thing with more accuracy.

The marketing is bs but just because the function is simple doesn't mean it's useless. I've never used BBE products but the pedals seem reasonably priced and people seem to like them so is there really a problem?

btw the demo video only seems to use a static test signal. looking at schematics of BBE clones they seem to do some dynamic EQing based on input level, so a graphic EQ won't do exactly the same job.

the wizards beard
Apr 15, 2007
Reppin

4 LIFE 4 REAL

Hollis Brownsound posted:

I agree to a point, If something works for you, whatever. The fact that it basically scoops all your low end, then magically adds it back when you engage the pedal makes me pretty suspicious of how much the unit is actually accomplishing.

Yeah that's the only thing that I find irritating personally. Does the pedal version do that?

the wizards beard
Apr 15, 2007
Reppin

4 LIFE 4 REAL

Declan MacManus posted:

For whatever reason, Akai is blowing out its stock of E2 Headrushes at $70 a pop on eBay. Great looper, pretty good tape echo emulator, totally wacky A/B/C/D splitter

Are they gone or what? Nearest I see is $100 + shipping

the wizards beard
Apr 15, 2007
Reppin

4 LIFE 4 REAL

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

Speaking of Digitech Supernaturals, I'm trying to figure out if I should repair mine. I broke the knob off the reverb type selector pot. The pot is a 7 way selector. Is it worth it to try to replace that pot? I've soldered a bit but I'm no small electronics repair pro. I just wonder if the time and materials spent replacing the pot would be worth it and if I could even get a 7 way selector pot that would work for sure. Right now I've just got it set to spring reverb and I'm OK with that. I can carve a groove or something in the pot stem to make it still select-able otherwise. I did try to superglue the knob back on but I knocked it off again and that seems like a dumb solution.

I do quite a few repairs, you can definitely replace a rotary switch. Sourcing one might be difficult. If you're in Europe and want to sell the pedal cheap then hmu

the wizards beard
Apr 15, 2007
Reppin

4 LIFE 4 REAL

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

Thanks I appreciate the response. You addressed one of my main concerns which would be how do I even find the right rotary switch, it would suck to try to fix it and then find for some reason the rotary switch doesn't work the same way for some reason. I'm in the U.S. so I'll hold onto it and continue to at least keep it working by not trying to fix it. :)

It also gives me a valid excuse to buy another reverb pedal at some point.

I'm traipsing around Japan right now but if you can disassemble it and take pictures I'll take a look and see if I can point you in the right direction. Should be about a week.

the wizards beard
Apr 15, 2007
Reppin

4 LIFE 4 REAL
Turn down the feedback. Experiment with delay times. That's most of it.

the wizards beard
Apr 15, 2007
Reppin

4 LIFE 4 REAL
I realized I never posted this here - I've been writing up pedal repairs/mods for a little while now. Might be of interest to DIY fans. http://falseelectronics.blogspot.com

the wizards beard
Apr 15, 2007
Reppin

4 LIFE 4 REAL

peter gabriel posted:

If you know you want a Klon type sound the Soul Food can get you there, it's a great pedal for the price.

I had a klon ktr and a soul food side by side a couple of months back. There's hardly any difference to them. I don't really buy into the klon hype though.

the wizards beard
Apr 15, 2007
Reppin

4 LIFE 4 REAL

hanales posted:

All the 9 series are sounds you could achieve from a hog and a pog. They just are putting them into preset boxes for ease of use which is smart.

Definitely buying the synth been wanting this forever

I repaired a pog2 recently and after spending a couple of hours with it I completely disagree. The only 9 series sounds it can do are the organs, the mel9/key9/synth9 sounds are completely different.

I'm pretty certain EHX have some really good polyphonic pitch tracking IP and they reuse it across products but functionally they are not the same.

the wizards beard
Apr 15, 2007
Reppin

4 LIFE 4 REAL
Are they available yet? Not sure how you can judge lag without playing one.

There is a little bit of warbling/rippling on the octave up stuff but that seems to be the nature of all these effects.

the wizards beard
Apr 15, 2007
Reppin

4 LIFE 4 REAL
It came out of the diystompboxes.com forum, but isn't officially affiliated with the site

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the wizards beard
Apr 15, 2007
Reppin

4 LIFE 4 REAL
I don't think Eventide have ever done any polyphonic harmonizers. EHX seem to have the best polyphonic pitch-tracking IP but they have only done pitchshifters and synth sounds so far

Some of TCs older stuff has licensed harmonizer code and works about as well as the older Eventides