Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I need a reverb pedal for a show I'm playing, my first in ten years. Since I'm a little out of date with my info, maybe you guys would have some advice, so far I'm looking at a TC Electronics T2.

I play heavy electronics/noise/dark ambient with old rear end equipment, a Roland dj70, some handmade noise synths and a few distortion and delay pedals. The sound is like crumbly earthquake bass with feedback drones and synth bleeps. and a few explosions here and there.

So which pedal is most friendly to heavy drone drug music?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Thanks for the suggestions, I went with the T2 though the Earthshaker sounded like a good option too. I have a quadraverb already but I'm trying to keep the size down because I'm flying with my gear, probably should have mentioned that. At some point I'll get the eventide once I get my friend there to give me a nice discount.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Schlieren posted:

Whoa this looks great

TC pedals all sound soulless to me and not in a good way - just flat and digital-ly and again, not in a good way. After I owned a few it became really obvious, even in YouTubes I couldn't really un-hear the cheap-sounding lack of organic tactility

I have a Death By Audio Reverberation Machine and it's really unique but might not be your thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwexrkcErR0

So I got the T2, and I’m kind of feeling the same way after playing with it for a couple hours. I’m considering returning it. I’ll check out the death by audio and the earthshaker if I do.

E- Earthquaker, gah.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Juaguocio posted:

Heads up, IdiotBox is selling all their pedals for $99 until Jan. 1: http://idiotboxeffects.bigcartel.com/products

I ordered a Han-Taun, and I can't wait to compare it to the Blower Box.

How much are they normally? I don’t see any other prices

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Sweet, my friend at Eventide is hooking me up with a discount code, here’s hoping it’s not like 5% :v: I want that Space!

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I finally took a good look at those idiot box effects right before the sale ended. The Dungeon Master looks like fun.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Anime Reference posted:

It's not the most subtle thing in the world. Maybe it's just my pickups (one guitar has EMGs and the other has hot ceramic humbuckers) but I haven't had much luck getting sounds other than Electric Wizard style earth-moving annihilation out of mine. I'm not complaining too much since Electric Wizard style earth-moving annihilation is mostly what I wanted. There might be some magical combination of volume knob and pick attack that'll get "Purple Haze" instead but I haven't found it yet. Of course, YMMV.

welp, sold.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

A pedal building thread would be loving awesome hint hint. I have an overdrive kit that’s overdue to be built and I’d like to eventually get into making noise machines and simple synth boxes.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

FX57 is such a weird and therefore great idea: take an HM-2 and add a 4ms delay to "thicken" it. lol <3

that sounds pretty great? Is it not as good as that would seem to be?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I’m getting back into making noise/dark ambient/industrial/electro acoustic stuff after many years away and some of my equipment seems to have poo poo the bed.

The easiest one to replace is the delay, my Boss DD-5 isn’t working.

I’m tempted to just get the DD-8, but I’m wondering if there’s something more interesting to try. I only really want one delay so it should be versatile. Ideally it would be self oscillating, and would be easily manipulable for lots of active knob twiddling.

A friend works at Eventide and has been pushing those, but I don’t want menus. I would like some weird modes, and I don’t know if this exists but I’d really love a fwd/rev delay. My ancient sampler has a fwd/rev loop mode and it makes for a cool undulating sound that’s more seamless than straight forward or reverse, I think that would be great in a delay.

I’m using a dj-70 sampler, Trogotronic 679, contact mics, and a pile of other bullshit

Is there something that would help me make both heavy druggy dreamy drone weirdness and also sound good with cut up chaos?

Inside of me there are two wolves, one doesn’t give a gently caress and says just buy some Mooer, the other part is willing to go up to $350 or so.

Sweet_Joke_Nectar posted:

Leave me alone in my little spaceship

I feel like this guy might get what I’m going for :)

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Thank you both! The Canyon looks great and I’m checking out the TC Flashback 2 now.

The Rainger FX Drone Ranger seems kind of amazing, it’s got some functions I hadn’t considered but might love.

The others that have jumped out at me are the Red Panda Particle and the Chase Bliss Habit, but the habit might be a little feature and price heavy.

Pedal shopping is tough these days, the options are endless and I start getting easily distracted by cool options when a couple days ago I just wanted a dead simple delay. It might come down to which eBay or Reverb seller has the best deal, or how spendy I’m feeling when I hit a buy button.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

ProperCoochie posted:

You might like something by OBNE. Their MINIM or Dark Star. Combine one with their Expression Ramper and you can get really wild.

Oh poo poo these are very cool, those guys seem to have some great stuff

Also gently caress, there’s so many wonderful pedals

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

pedals pedals lets goooooo

Ok, so ignore the moog board because that poo poo is exorbitant by now. The main board though, nearly everything on there is under 350 I think. POG2 is sick. Make anything an organ sound, why not, its great. Bitquest is super versatile and covers a lot of bases in a small form factor, and I like that company, they seem like good people. The real big hitters on that board to me are the Fabrikat https://www.pladaskelektrisk.com/product/fabrikat-tall-knobs/, and the two industrialectric pedals. Overdrive in a reverb yeah why not. I'm prob going to replace specular tempus with something soon - I like the sound but the UI isnt to my taste

Thanks I was wondering what a few of those were! I love that Fabrikat and the other Pladask stuff looks very cool. That’s a sweet bunch of stuff you got there, it must sound amazing.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Fabrikat is great. If you wanna hear a sample of the board in action here's a video I made for a buddy like six months back to demonstrate some routing stuff, it's just through the onboard phone mic but you'll get the idea
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbdpdhdyxxU

Very cool! Thanks for sharing

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Otis Reddit posted:

Put all of your EHX on a different power supply and see if it quiets down. Their polarity is opposite of most other pedal makers. He's right, the Boss stuff is truly bulletproof. I've had some of them for 20 years and I've also had EHX crap out after less than three years. Electro-harmonix will however repair their stuff for cheap, and they are close by in Brooklyn iirc.

I got drunk with an old wizard from EHX in Brooklyn, at the time he said they were in Long Island City.

Just happened to sit next to him in some lovely bar one afternoon. He was already drunk and we drank a lot more. I really wish I took him up on his offer to come visit but chances are he wouldn’t have remembered

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

ProperCauldron posted:

if anybody is looking to cringe so hard their spine snaps in half, EHX head/founder/social media manager(?) uploaded an anti-union piano ballad and music video to their official EHX youtube page.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd1Km_GVGmk

i really wanted to like EHX pedals because I'm from nyc too but their stuff always had a shrill/icepicky quality to them. i even bought one of their t-shirts and it fits like poop rear end and the logo is too low on the fabric too

I randomly met and got drunk with him once, he was very entertaining. The video made me nostalgic for being a kid watching a lot of NYC tv like that.

5/10