Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nebby
Dec 21, 2000
resident mog
Been spending the last 2-3 weeks on the next version of my Facebook college app, Tassl. The next release introduces comparing of schedules with friends (so you can join classes your friends are in with a few clicks) and export into Outlook, iCal, Google Cal, and Yahoo Cal. I'm pretty excited since this release really brings the UI to the next level and is going to be the first one that might actually generate revenue.. I am going to charge users a micropayment to export their time schedule (they can choose anywhere from $1-$10, and will get a badge to show their support of my app.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nebby
Dec 21, 2000
resident mog

duck monster posted:

Nebby, what JS library are you using for that? I've been looking for ages for a day-view calendar for the work timesheeting app. My current hack based one sucks balls.
Sorry, not using a library, or JS for that matter :) It's just some custom code developed in OpenLaszlo (generated into SWF.) It's custom because I wanted the time blocks animatable and also because I needed a UI that lets the user easily choose between various choices on the calendar (for example, you might be able to switch a block between 5 different lab sections.)

nebby
Dec 21, 2000
resident mog
A dumb iPad app that I wrote to play with OpenCV face detection

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/manga-booth/id451037180?mt=8

Only registered members can see post attachments!

nebby
Dec 21, 2000
resident mog
Workin on an iPhone app that lets parents send photo postcards of their baby to grandparents and relatives. Doing all the design myself too, coming along pretty good I think:

Already have a backend for my other app lulcards, this is essentially a re-skin of that with a few new baby-specific features.

nebby
Dec 21, 2000
resident mog

Shalinor posted:

If you don't make a million dollars, I'll be disappointed. That's genius.
Haha thanks but execution is everything, we'll see :) I'll post a link when its all done, hopefully in a few weeks.

nebby
Dec 21, 2000
resident mog
welp shipped babygrams to the app store. if anyone is a new parent who wants to take it for a spin send me a PM and I'll hook you up with some free postcards for beta testing it on TestFlight.

nebby
Dec 21, 2000
resident mog

Tolan posted:

You should also do a version for pets--I know my wife would use it in a heartbeat.
Good idea! Def will put this on the list ;)

nebby
Dec 21, 2000
resident mog

hendersa posted:

That's BeagleSNES running on the $45 BeagleBone Black! I suspect that these boards will be everywhere fairly soon, since the closest alternative is the Raspberry Pi at $35 (which is way less powerful). The BeagleBoard-xM is a nice platform, but it costs about $150 (and is ALSO less powerful). The BeagleBone Black is also tiny. It is smaller than the gamepad and it could literally fit inside of an SNES catridge. Maybe I should track down a 3-D printer and make a tiny SNES shell for it?
I think you finally gave me a motivational enough project to cave and start playing around with all these newfangled 3d printing/hobby electronics!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nebby
Dec 21, 2000
resident mog
Launched my baby postcard app:

http://babygra.ms

So far, reception has been really positive!