Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

I've got a pair of Alesis monitors in mostly functional condition (see below). They are the M1 Active mk II's. I think they're about the best in the <$300 range...very suitable for someone's first pair of pro monitors; definitely a great upgrade from headphones or computer speakers.

They're in good cosmetic shape. They're at my parents' place at the moment, but if someone's seriously interested, I can get an actual photo.

OK, so here's what sucks about 'em. There's some issue (a common issue with this model, in fact) where they'll work fine most of the time, but sometimes when you turn them off, and try to turn them right back on, they don't power on and the lights just blink. If this happens, you have to leave them unplugged for about a day before you can use them again. They were just out of warranty when this happened, and Alesis assured us that it was unfixable outside of sending it to them and having them install a completely new power amp for $100. However, it's not an issue if you're the kind of guy who just leaves speakers powered on all the time.

This pair of speakers retails new for $300, and Ebays for around $250 but since mine are somewhat defective, but mostly functional, I was thinking of trying to get like $120-$150 for them.

However, more than cash, I'd actually be interested in trading for someone's cheapo bass. I'm not too particular about it; it could even be some $60 pawn shop bass, as long as it plays correctly and doesn't have weird rattles or intonation problems. I had actually been considering trying to find a secondhand P-bass on the cheap somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

Just Chompin' posted:

I'm tempted to take those Alesis Monitors. I have a Peavey P bass that I'd be willing to trade.

Edit: The bass plays well other then some fret buzz and the fact that it's a tenor bass right now. The truss rod just needs to be adjusted.

I know fairly little about the detailed workings of basses (being that I'm mainly a violinist who sometimes plays keys and drums). I've seen this truss rod thing mentioned before. What is it, and is it difficult to adjust? Like, could I possibly get you to do it for me? Or is it the kind of thing I need to go ask someone at the Guitar Center to do for a nominal fee? And, once it's adjusted, it'll play like a normal electric bass?

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

Well, to be honest, I was really looking for just a regular bass I could learn regular parts on, and learn standard fingering and all that. There's no way to set it back up for regular tuning?

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

Oh, I see, so I'd just need to go get a new set of strings then. Alright then. Let me know if you definitely want the monitors.

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

Ugh, I really feel like an rear end in a top hat doing this, if I got your hopes up, but someone local's offering to trade an Ibanez for the monitors, and I would tend to give preference to a local transaction. It figures, too. Those monitors have been rotting away in a closet for about 2 years while I tried off and on to trade them locally.

We'll see if the deal works out or not. I'm still definitely interested if I get a bad vibe from this guy.

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

MasterWerk posted:

Looking to get rid of my Focusrite Saffire. It's served me well, but I've upgraded. Looking for $125 shipped. PM me!

http://www.zzounds.com/item--FOCSAFFIRE

Gonna plug this here. It's a pretty good cheaper interface. Much better converters than M-audio stuff, and it's got TEN OUTPUTS. This is very useful if you're into DJ type stuff, but also incredibly useful if you're into outboard gear, like me, or if you want to send 4 stereo mixes to an analog mixing board for summing. It also makes a very handy interface for portable laptop recording. I bought mine for $200, and felt as if it was worth it, so $125 is a steal!

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

Draesk posted:

I know it's old, but you take that back right this minute. :saddowns:

ummm, no? :confused:

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

Just Chompin' posted:

Cross posted from SA-Mart:

I have two KRK VXT 8's that are only 6 months old in absolutely perfect condition. They even have the original boxes, manuals, and edison cables. They are not damaged in any way and I have honestly used them less then 20 times.

I found a beautiful 6 string bass that's perfect for me and I need cash. So, I'm looking to get $750 for these. They go for about 1200 bucks all told and mine are like new, but cheap.

I only have one picture, but they look exactly the same.

I have a good monitoring setup that I'm happy with and can make good mixes on already, but it is admittedly highly-colored, and I've been thinking about picking up something flatter to use as a reference. I don't have the money just right at the moment, but I've got a couple of payloads due in a few weeks if you still have it then.

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

Just Chompin' posted:

Cross posted from SA-Mart:

I have two KRK VXT 8's that are only 6 months old in absolutely perfect condition. They even have the original boxes, manuals, and edison cables. They are not damaged in any way and I have honestly used them less then 20 times.

I found a beautiful 6 string bass that's perfect for me and I need cash. So, I'm looking to get $750 for these. They go for about 1200 bucks all told and mine are like new, but cheap.

I only have one picture, but they look exactly the same.

Hey, I tried PMing you but I didn't get any response. Are these still for sale? I've got the money now.

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

Crossposted from SA-Mart (http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3278732):

I recently got a huge payment for an album I spent the better part of the last year producing, and went on a bit of a shopping spree. What's funny is, I DIDN'T over do it money-wise...just now I have a bunch of poo poo that's taking up room that I need to move over to make room for the new gear! So I have up for grabs here a bunch of my old gear that I either haven't used in awhile, or won't be using anymore in light of my new acquisitions.

All products will come with whatever documentation I can find and will DEFINITELY have a power cable (maybe original, maybe not). The stuff's a little dusty, but all in perfectly working order besides that except where otherwise noted. If you need audio cables for anything, I HEARTILY recommend ordering from Monoprice.com the same day you order something from me. It'll arrive about the same time, and will be far cheaper than what I'd charge to throw some in.

Prices: I purchased nearly all of this gear for the lowest I could get it for easily at "street prices". I'm not going to try and turn a profit here, but the initial prices are going to be nearly what I paid for it, unless something got damaged or if the "street value" has depreciated. That being stated, I am absolutely open to price haggling. While I'm not looking to take a massive loss on this stuff, I'm also not severely hurting for money, and I'm more interested in moving inventory to make room. I won't get offended by lowballs...but don't expect me to take you up on one unless you're offering to take multiple pieces off my hands (as that would be an added convenience for me). Also make note that the prices offered are what I paid BEFORE shipping, but that I'm personally eating shipping costs, so I'm already taking a loss just offering these prices. Finally, as a general guideline to what sorts of single-item lowballs I'll entertain, I generally won't even consider anything lower than the lowest price said item has sold for under "completed listings" on Ebay.

BBE Sonic Maximizer Model 862 - $90

This was the first "professional model" sonic maximizer with electronically balanced I/O and +4dBu levels (both TRS and XLR). It's a weird little device that's very difficult to explain sonically if you're not familiar with it. It's an "audio enhancer", that works by using miniscule phase shifts and delays. It will make dull and lifeless signals sound vibrant and bright. And as you might expect from the adjectives used, it has a tendency to really bring out higher frequency sounds. The "Lo Contour" control can be used to increase bass presence to match the new treble. As an added benefit, it also fixes phase incoherencies pretty well! I used it several years ago, when I was doing mastering for local groups. Any "real" mastering engineer would cringe at the idea of using one for mastering...but I'd argue that if you're working mostly with low-level bedroom projects, it's an almost indispensible tool, especially if you don't have a high-dollar equalizer (which I do now, so I don't need this). It can also be used to breath new life into single tracks like vocals or guitars.

Symmetrix 552E Parametric Equalizer - $250

A cheap but respectable outboard analog EQ. Sound-wise, it's about on par with something like a Presonus EQ3B, just with two channels and a lot more versatility. This EQ has two channels with 7 EQ bands each, 5 of which are full range (10Hz-20kHz) AND fully parametric (bandwidths from .05 to 2 octaves). The other two bands are 2nd order low and high pass filters respectively. The 5 parametric bands have gains from -20 to +20 dB, and each channel sports a bypass button and a master input trim (-20 to +20). I/O is +4dBu, electronically balanced TRS and XLR. I personally found this EQ to be perfectly usable when used surgically. The ability to select very narrow bandwidths in particular make this unit shine for cutting out unwanted frequency material. While it's not particularly impressive when used for sweetening, boosting is usable, which is more than I can say for EQs on most mixers. So in summary, this unit would work great if you want something nicer-sounding and more versatile for treating a sound on the way to track, if you want something for entry-level outboard analog mastering without breaking the bank, or it's versatile enough you could even probably use it on mains for room treatment, and it would have much better phase coherency than the graphic equalizers that are normally used for such things.

DBX 166XL Compressor - $100

A perfectly usable entry-level outboard compressor. If you're familiar with the Alesis 3630, this does mostly the same kind of thing, but sounds a lot nicer. It's just a workhorse rack compressor, suitable for compression tasks ranging from transient shaping to level limiting. All the standard compression controls are featured (threshold, ratio, attack, release, makeup gain) and all do about what you'd expect. Like the 3630, there's also a separate limiter circuit that can be engaged continuously, a hard/soft knee control, a separate gate circuit, and a side-chain that I've used for de-essing, broadcast ducking, or that Daft Punk pulsing bass effect.

Casio CZ-5000 - $200

Quite possibly the most 80s-tastic keyboard ever. This is the bigger brother of the more famous CZ-101. It has all the same sound capabilities of that keyboard, PLUS it has more waveform memory, higher polyphony, a full extra octave of keys, AND an integrated step sequencer. These were made in the 80s to compete with Yamaha's DX-7, but were both lower-priced and easier to program. They are fully digital and don't have any filters, but they can make very unique sounds that are difficult to imitate with conventional synthesizers. The keyboard has fully-implemented proper MIDI support (except no key velocity). This particular keyboard is in...OK shape. It's missing a few screws and the end of one of the keys is missing, but I think this could be easily repaired or worked around (you could superglue a piece of wood to the stub on the key). Everything else on it still works perfectly. The sound of this keyboard was all over the 80s, particularly notable in movie soundtracks like "Top Gun" and "Beverly Hills Cop". I poo poo you not, the default sound that comes up when you turn it on sounds EXACTLY like the lead used on AxelF. And it's called the "Cozmo Synthesizer"!

M-audio Radium61 controller keyboard

Yamaha DD-55 desktop drum controller

Drum stuff - I bought most of this to expand on an Ion Drum Rocker I had gotten for playing Rock Band. I don't play Rock Band anymore, so I'm interested in getting rid of this stuff and just buying a new Roland set to start over, since I'm interested in actually learning drums now. I'm not listing it yet (I'm making a video games listing later), but if someone wants to go ahead and make an offer for the base Ion set, or the Ion expansion circuit I bought for it, I'll add prices and pictures.

Roland CY-8 Ecymbals - $70 apiece (I have three of them)

Nice replacement Ecymbals. They are dual-zone triggers and support chokes. They are tough as nails and can withstand any amount of abuse, unlike the piece of poo poo cymbals I bought them to replace. You can use them with any Rock Band kit as is...but you have to whack them a little harder than the default cymbols (note: this can be fixed by using the Ion expansion circuit, which I have if someone's interested).

Roland KD-8 Ekick - $75

I know it looks kind of beat up, but trust me, this thing will probably still be around after armageddon. I never had a single triggering problem even pounding it super fast with a double kick pedal. Also, the thing doesn't budge at all whenever I've used the retractable spikes and velcro on carpet. If you wanna use it with Rock Band, you need a special adapter (which I have and can list if someone's interested), OR you can use the Ion expansion circuit (which I also have if someone's interested).

Pearl Eliminator Double Bass Pedal - $250

One of the original beaters broke, so I replaced both of them. I still have the one whole original beater that I will include if requested. Pedal is in perfect working shape, and just a completely awesome kick pedal all around. By the way, that's the Ion Expansion circuit you can see in the picture there.

OSP DD502 drum brain - $100

Possibly the lowest cost drum brain you'll ever find (which is why I bought it). The sounds on it are usable, but other than that it's just a basic drum brain. It's got 8 drum inputs with a 9th for hi-hat control. It made a decent enough companion for the Ion kit when used with the Ion expansion circuit, if you want something that can play real drum sounds AND work for Rock Band. It's usable as a standalone drum machine as well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, I'll entertain trades of course...but I have to admit there's not much I'm looking for right now. I might be interested in higher-end microphones, but mostly German stuff (AKG, Beyerdynamic). Definitely NOT interested in any Chinese stuff (Studio Projects, MXL, etc.). I'd be particularly interested if someone had a Shure SM-7, Sennheiser MD-421, AKG C414, or something even along the lines of a Heil.

Justus fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Mar 13, 2010

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

I r Pat posted:

I may be interested in your Yamaha DD-55.. will this machine loop if I need it to? I'm using a MicroKorg and wanted to make some trance/techno with it, and am in need of a drum machine. I do have a boss loop station if need be, but I'd rather use that for the MicroKorg and my bass.

Man, I'm sorry, but Agreed already sniped it.

Truth be told though, I don't think it would have worked out well for you anyways. It only really responds to external MIDI and doesn't have any real kind of sequencer (which is what you'd use to make patterns to loop). You should probably be looking for something more along the lines of a Korg Electribe...or just using Fruity Loops maybe. DD-55s are far more useful if you want to record MIDI drum performances, and want a nicer way to do it than keyboard drums.

Still, it's not like you've missed out on the deal of the century here. DD-55s regularly sell on Ebay for around $60 if you're still interested.

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

Radium61 sold

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

Had a change of heart regarding the CZ-5000 from several pages back. I'm willing to basically give it away for free to someone who might use it as long as the person pays for the shipping. I simply do not have the room for it anymore, but I also don't have the heart to just throw it out or even take it to a pawn shop.

I think the cost of shipping will probably still be prohibitively expensive anywhere other than the lower 48. I had some international interest on Ebay, but shipping to Australia was like $600. The keyboard weighs just under 20 pounds and has to go in a 44x16x8 box. Estimated cost to ship UPS ground to California is about $40. So I'd guess it'll be a little under $50 all told with the packing materials and such.

As I said a few pages back, this is a souped-up CZ-101, which was an attempt by Casio to make an actual non-budget professional synthesizer in the 80s. It's often called a poor man's DX-7, since that's what it was built to compete with. It doesn't use FM synthesis, but has it's own fairly unique thing going on. It uses two DCOs with 8 selectable waveforms, and you can use ring or noise modulation. It's a fairly unique synthesizer that you can do a lot of interesting things with. It was used by a ton of electronic artists in the 80s, and also for several movie soundtracks. The sound of the CZ-101 is all over movies like Top Gun and Beverly Hills Cop.

The CZ-5000 does everything the 101 does, but also has higher polyphony, an extra octave of keys, a little more preset memory, and a built-in sequencer. My CZ-5000 is kind of beat up. The end of one of the keys is broken off and it's missing a few screws. But everything else works fine, and it has fully-functional MIDI in and out if you mainly want to use this for the sound generator.

Here's the picture again:

EDIT: On second thought, I feel the same way about the EQ from earlier too. Somebody want to pick that up for $50 shipped too? It's a perfectly functional outboard rack-mount two channel analog equaliser. Not anything super impressive sounding, but it's flexible enough to use as an entry-level piece for outboard analog mastering...but honestly more useful for running mic signals through on the way to track.

Justus fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Apr 11, 2010

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

DeathBySpoon posted:

I think I'm interested in that EQ. Could I get a picture of the back so I can see what connections I need?

Both channels have balanced XLR and balanced/unbalanced 1/4".

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

DeathBySpoon posted:

Sweet, I'll take it! What's your paypal address?

EDIT: I just saw your original post with the DBX 166 compressor. Is that still available?

Sorry, it sold weeks ago. Of everything in that post, all I've got left is the Casio keyboard, the EQ, the double kick pedal, and the Vkick pad. The Vkick is listed on Ebay for $50 right now, and I've actually decided to hold on to the pedal.

My paypal is CyberludATyahooDOTcom. Just so we're straight, I understand you live in the lower 48, and are expecting me to ship the EQ once I've received $50 via paypal.

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

...and the Casio is now spoken for as well. Thanks goons for helping me clear some space out!

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

DeathBySpoon posted:

And the EQ is here. Thanks for the awesome deal and quick response, Justus!

Thanks man. It's not the most amazing EQ ever, but it definitely gets the job done, especially if you stick primarily to cuts on it. Hope you get some use out of it.

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

Law Dog posted:

arrived safe and sound, great job packing it! :)

dismantled it for a cleaning, going to repair the 2 broken keys later this week if I get the time

umm...TWO broken keys? poo poo, maybe I didn't do a good enough job packing it after all...

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

That's the same problem I was running into trying to get rid of that Casio a page ago. There was a lot of international interest (Philipines, Argentina, Australia), but shipping was over $500 to any of them no matter who I used. Naturally, I wound up shipping it to Canada. No US interest in old keyboards I guess.

Also, man I'd love to take that KC off your hands myself, but I have no room for it, and I shouldn't spend the money either. It's frustrating cus I'm gonna have both problems solved in several months once I move and start my new engineering job.

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

Aw man, this would happen when I'm broke, wouldn't it? I'd buy that powercore in a heartbeat.

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

etanmaet posted:

$225 R3

Holy poo poo dude! Priced to move much? I'd be on this like white on rice if I didn't already own a Radias.

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

Narwhale posted:

EHX Stereo Pulsar: Great tremolo. As usual EHX gives you a lot more range of adjustment than most manufacturers, making this more versatile than your normal trem. This doesn't seem to have the volume drop that some Pulsar owners complain about. Excellent condition, velcro, no box. $60 shipped Paypal

Still got this? If so, where should I paypal $60?

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

Krustic posted:

Anybody want a Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 interface? Got it a few months back but I have zero intention of ever learning how to use it. It has the box and disc. In looking for around half it's new value plus 10 dollars for shipping so $135 or offer me up something in trade.

That's a fantastic deal, and if I were even remotely in the market for an entry-level interface I would be all over this. Someone should totally snap this up in a heartbeat.

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

Crossposted from SA-mart:

Now that I've gone back to school, finished my degree, and am now a few jobs deep into my computer engineering career, it's time for me to admit that as I no longer make anywhere close to a primary living producing rock bands like I did 6 years ago, I need to downsize my home project studio. I gotta remind myself, I don't make hippies with guitars happy anymore. In fact, since I now make embedded software for missiles for the US military industrial complex for a living, I'm pretty sure I mostly make them cry.

As such, I'm getting rid of the pieces that I needed to manage a larger studio (patchbays, monitor control), the pieces that I used for THE BEST mastering (outboard EQ and limiters), and a few others that have outlived their usefulness. All prices are shipping included to the lower 48 states (will do business with internationals, we can work something out), and also assume OBO, so make offers! Since I AM trying to downsize, I am mostly interested in cash...but I might be convinced to make the right trade for a sweet synthesizer, microphone, or Roland eDrum stuff. I'm also more liable to be generous to people who want multiple items. Yeah, my pictures suck, I know. If anyone requests, I can try to take more/better pictures of anything. So, without further ado:

PATCHBAYS. If you've got poo poo tons of gear and you'd like to leave it connected such that it only takes a couple of seconds to redirect I/O, then you want a patchbay! 1/4" balanced connections are easy enough to adapt to any other analog format of your choice, and I've even used both of these patchbays to successfully route PCM coded digital signals such as SPIDF using the appropriate physical adapter.

DBX Patchbay. 24x2 points. Balanced 1/4" on both sides and fully normalled. You're supposed to be able to half normal any I/O pair by flipping the cards around if you wanna roll that way, but I never felt compelled to try it myself. The markings and stickers can clean off easily enough. $20

Furman Patchbay. 20x2 points. Same as the DBX, balanced 1/4" on both sides and fully normalled. Again, you're supposed to be able to flip I/O cards for half normalling, but unlike the DBX, I have no clue how you'd disassemble it to that point, so I REALLY didn't try. Again, markings and stickers clean easily. Although it's got the same features as the DBX, this one is actually a little nicer. Jack weight on the back end of the unit doesn't mess with the connections as much as it does on the DBX so you can really load this thing up with heavy jacks and expect a solid connection whereas the DBX has to be set up a bit more gingerly. Hairy wrist not included.$20

Aphex Dominator. All analog limiter from the early 80s. If you use analog signal path for mastering, it's really nice to be able to slap one of these bad boys at the end of a signal chain. It won't seamlessly crush audio the way digital limiter can, but it CAN get you several dB closer to where you wanna go while in the analog domain, which can ultimately improve your resolution in the digital domain significantly as you won't need to drive your digital limiter as hard. If used in tandem with a nice digital limiter, you can get all kinds of beautiful transparent crushage out of a track. This is a legendary 3-band limiter used in countless popular albums. If outboard mastering ain't your thing, this also makes a fantastic overage protector for a live audio situation, or use it on a microphone signal path if you gotta drive a tube mic or tube amp harder to get that sweet sound, but need something like this to kill that clippage in the cradle.$150

Aphex Dominator II. THE SEQUAL!!! Pretty much the same all-analog signal path as above. Just a couple of extra features on this model that are nice but not necessarily MUST-HAVE. At one point, these retailed for over a thousand dollars! True story. Motion blur optional on request. $200

Drawmer 1961 vacuum tube equalizer. The crown jewel of my outboard mastering signal path. This thing is THE BEST sweetener. I'm really going to miss having it around as I would use it on the front end of instruments recording into the box and it was SO SWEET for everything you wanted to equalize. You can also easily operate it as a solid-state EQ by cutting the input trims down, or induce more tube artifacts by pumping it up. High pass filter, low pass filter, and 4 fully-parametric bands with adjustable Q on each of the two channels. All six bands can be optionally bypassed, in addition to a master bypass on each channel. I should warn you, this thing gets HOT, so you need to leave empty rack space above it to avoid overheating. $1500

JBL MSC-1 Monitor Control. Do you have some nice studio monitors...but the volume control is separate for each speaker AND in the back of the drat thing? You sir, want a large volume knob! And that's precisely what this thing is, though it has a couple of other nice features as well. You can switch between three input sources and two sets of monitors on the fly. And of course, it contains the same Room Mode Correction feature found on JBL's more expensive monitors, so you can enjoy RMC tech with YOUR speakers without having to spend $1200 on JBLs. It's particularly nice if you're like most of us hobby musicians and doing this in a typical boxy drywall room. No doubt you get that effect where certain low notes just really pop out more than the others. That's called a mode, they make it very hard to create a good mix, and this tech does a pretty decent job at compensating for it! I lost the original power supply some time back so I replaced it with a universal supply, so I'm also including that and all of it's different power tips if you wanna repurpose it for some reason.$150

Roland R-8M drum machine. A classic! They used to use this thing on EVERYTHING back in the early 90s. It's got all those stereotypical huge-rear end drum sounds that you KNOW YOU WANNA! There's like, this one gated snare sound on this thing that was used in literally every single ballad from all the early 90s Disney movies. Yeah, I know you can just download sample packs of all these sounds...but it's not the same! There's actually an insane amount of customizaton you can do to each sound. Also included are the two clearly best expansion sound cards, Dry and POWER DRUMS U.S.A. (which yes, is indeed as magical as it sounds). Dust not included (unless you REALLY want it).$175

Rocksmith tone cable. If you have this, the Rocksmith game on Steam (or whatever), and an electric guitar, you can totally learn how to jam, man! I bought two of them because I thought I wanted to play two player. I was wrong. Buy this off of me, and the game bundle with a second one, and you might have the chance to NOT be wrong about it, unlike me. Or just get this really cheap from me and then get the software separately. Whatever, nerd! Also, if you're not interested the game, I believe you can also use this as a quick n' dirty interface to go direct with your guitar to a computer. This one's never been opened, but the box did bend a bit during a recent move. Fat thumb not included$15

Hitachi 15kRPM 450GB SAS drive and stuff. Got a massive softsynth library but the loading times are making you cry? NOT WITH THIS THING! Everything you need to use the drive in your computer is included - the drive itself, the 6GB/s SAS controller card, and the cable to connect the two to each other. I had to buy that cable separately and it was hard to find and EXPENSIVE damnit! You just need a computer with a PCI Express 4x spot and you're good to go.$250

Justus fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Jun 14, 2013

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

I'll tell you what. I'll loan you the mic if it doesn't interfere with selling the unit. So basically, I get it sent off to you unless someone buys the whole thing first. Then, if someone buys it while you've got the mic, you ship it directly to the person buying the unit. I could even reimburse you for the shipping in that case via a partial Paypal reimbursement. If that's cool with you then I'm definitely game.

Oh, someone on Facebook has already expressed interest in the Drawmer EQ, so if someone here was thinking about jumping on it, now may be the time to speak up!

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

Furman has been sold!

HollisBrown posted:

I'll take that DBX patchbay off your hands. I'll PM you in a bit.

Still interested? I never heard from you.

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

HollisBrown posted:

My patch bay has arrived from Justus in great shape and packed tighter than a nun's vagina!

See that? BUY (or trade for) MY poo poo!

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

iostream.h posted:

Electric violin, it's basically new, I snagged it new, played it a few times, realized I can barely deal with one stringed instrument and that I have no business piddling with another, and it's pretty much sat in the case ever since. Case is a bit ragged (it's woven nylon or whatever) but is in good overall shape. Has rosin, bow and tons of potential.

In all seriousness, it's a lot of fun, I just suck at it.
How about $95 shipped, feel free to throw out an offer.

Is there any more detail you could give? I'm actually a trained violinist and I've thought about trying a humble solid body axe for years. I bought one for $65 off EBay once and it was literally impossible to make a good sound come out.

I'm interested, but I'd like to go read user reviews to make sure it's at least professionally usable, as opposed to being suitable only for learning. Don't wanna get burned again

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

Go ahead and sell it to him. I think I'll probably wind up getting a nicer instrument when I'm making a little more money.

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

tehschulman posted:

Synthy stuff for sale/trade:

DSI Tempest
Midibox MB-6582 SID synth w/ 8x 8580 chips
Roland MC-909 w SRX-05 + SRX-08
Doepfer Dark Time MIDI/CV sequencer
Yamaha Tenori-On Metal
MOTU Microexpress 4x6 MIDI Interface
Faderfox DJ3 Micromodul USB
Roland TR-505
Arpie MIDI Arpeggiator w/ CV mod

WOW. I've been lusting after the Tempest since it came out! Sadly, there's a reason for that...

It's a longshot, but the only thing of any even somewhat significant value I'd be willing to lose at the moment is my Korg Radias-R (with a missing encoder knob). Other than that, I've got some ROMplers and low to mid-range microphones and maybe $800 in cash.

EDIT: Oh, you don't just happen to want a high-end EQ, do you? I've actually got a Drawmer 1961 up on Amazon right now.

Justus fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Feb 19, 2014

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

Kinda a shot in the dark here, but anyone interested in the old PCI HDSP 9632 card from RME? I've got the base card, and also the AI4S daughter board that adds four more balanced inputs, as well as BOTH upgraded breakout cables (balanced analog I/O and AES/EBU digital I/O).

Put it all together and you've got:
- 6 balanced analog ins (4xTRS, 2xXLR) (plus a dependent headphone jack fwiw)
- 2 balanced XLR analog outs
- 1 SPDIF/AES i/o (in either composite or XLR form)
- 1 MIDI i/o
- 1 ADAT i/o (with one dustcap missing).

The analog i/o makes use of RME's famous high-end AD and DA converters powered by SteadyClock. Don't forget too that RME is also famous for its ultra low-latency drivers if that's what you're after. And because RME is smart enough to unify its drivers, they still continually update drivers for even a product this old (since the driver piggybacks on the newer PCIe cards). I used it for over a decade in my little home project studio with a couple of microphones and outboard synthesizers, and it did the trick of providing high quality i/o and low latency (seriously less than 1ms measured round-trip under ideal conditions, and can still handle 12/13 ms measured round-trip even with a 50+ track project loaded with plugins).

There are downsides:
- The headphone output is noisy. I don't know why. It really shouldn't be. Maybe it's the way I had it configured.
- No microphone pre-amps. I tend to prefer outboard mic pres anyways, but I know this could be a deal-breaker for some people.
- The big one...it's old-school PCI! Ultimately I'm only getting rid of it because my new computer won't work with it, and I decided not to try futzing with a PCIe-PCI adapter.

But if you've got a somewhat older computer with PCI ports (or the patience to try to make it work through a PCIe adapter), a small-scale setup with a little outboard gear, and a desire to upgrade beyond entry-level pro audio (aka pro-sumer), this provides an ideal light-weight solution that provides driver performance and converter quality that you'd normally have to spend $1000 or more to get, and I think I'd let it go for $300 shipped if this just happens to be a good fit for anyone here. Which sure, the base card sells on Ebay for about $250, but that daughter board is a bit rare and somewhat sought after since it works with RMEs newer cards too, as do the upgraded breakout cables. I'll provide pics on request if anyone's interested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

I had mentioned it here before, but I finally went ahead and listed my old PCI HDSP 9632 with upgraded breakout cables (both of them) and AI4S-192 daughterboard (adding 4 more balanced analog ins) to Ebay and to SA-mart. So there you go! If you're looking to get into higher-end converters than M-audio for your project studio, and can still use a PCI slot, this is about the cheapest way to do it.

SA Mart thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818051
Ebay listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/112380671959?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Mostly looking for cash ($200 shipped OBO for a good home), but in the spirit of this thread, I'm willing to entertain trades for cool microphones or analog (style) synth or drum machine stuff.