Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK

LionYeti posted:

What the gently caress is he doing other than not doing a follow up to either broken ankles or all day?

i believe he's taking a break right now from touring

you'd think with the whole EDM boom happening, he would churn out more mashups

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK
2012 (or whatever version that made him popular) was his best. the subsequent versions got more and more ADD, which i'm not a fan of. seemed like he was putting more samples into a shorter song.

it's good he split this years into 2 so it won't be as jumbled. i listened to 2015 once and thought it was ok but they'll probably grow on me.

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK
every time DJ Earworm releases a new mix, i listen to it then listen to 2009 again for the nostalgia

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK
yeah, i'm a fan of the ADD types. the A vs B mashups are ok but they rarely work the entire song.

i think the good mashup artists like GT or Milkman have a good balance between too long or short for its clips along with a good transition between each of them. i remember some of the post-USOP 2009 were waaaay too ADD and never was as good as 2009

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK

BlueBayou posted:

Titus Jones is amazing and I am so sad he's stopped making stuff like he used to

agreed, i loved his "After Shock" album and still listen to it every now and then

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK

BlueBayou posted:

Man. I miss the heyday of mashups

me too, EDM pretty much killed it

at least we get the "end of 2016" mixes to look forward to

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK

SMP posted:

EDM mashups really killed it for me. Mashups were fun when they were unconventional mixes between hip hop and pop songs. RIP Ludachrist.

really? for me, EDM improved mashups.

when i first started listening to mashups with GirlTalk, i liked hearing the hip hop/pop songs mashed up but hearing new mashups with familiar vocals/backtracks over and over again was kinda annoying

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK

hate to say it but it still doesn't beat his 2009!

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK
isonine's 2016: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sh7daVP18Wg

prefer this over DJ Earworms

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK

Elendil004 posted:

This is great, also I'd pay real money for this poo poo to be on Spotify though I know that's wildly unrealistic because copyright

Milkman and some of Girl Talk is on Spotify

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK

minato posted:

Hood Internet presents: 40 years of Hip Hop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNx_3hNhCho

little too ADD for me but pretty good

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK
new Isonine: https://isosine.bandcamp.com/album/mashup-manifesto-v

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK

Elendil004 posted:

Milkman has a few albums on there, I have no idea HOW or WHY but they're on there.

girltalk is still there too

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK
more girl talk and pop danthology would be great

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK
i'm always looking forward to the EOY mashups from isosine, daniel kim (rip), or dj earworm

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK

every year i listen to Earworm's new EOY mashup, i go back and listen to 2009 because it was so drat good :thermidor:

e: lol i said the same thing 2 years ago:

Geno posted:

every time DJ Earworm releases a new mix, i listen to it then listen to 2009 again for the nostalgia

Geno fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Dec 15, 2017

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK

pretty good, my favorite so far of this year.

even though he does it near the end, i like how isosine doesn't really do the whole "speed/slow vocals just to match the beat" that a lot of these mashups tend to have.

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK
DJ Earworm went downhill after 2009

but it's really hard to top his 2009 hit.

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK
That was aight. his longest mix yet. Thought the middle drags on a bit before picking up the pace the last 3 minutes.

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK

honestly thought this was GT at first

not disappointed it's Titus though

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK
http://www.titusjones.com/shock-treatment

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F080lcG3Ybw

Pop Danthology is back!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS posted:

Who do you consider a great that’s not doing it anymore?

The king and true OG, Girl Talk