Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer

Howard Beale posted:

:iamafag:
:patriot:
:iamafag:

Are any of these stories elsewhere for reading enjoyment? I'm itching to get a digital archive of some of this stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

thelightguy posted:

CONCORD police ships. The game's NPC police characters. Two frigates and a battleship, I think, spawned for every ship he killed.

Surviving the police is grounds for banning.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Weird Uncle Dave posted:

theorycrafting

Yes, but actually surviving an attack, IE, Jihading a ship and getting away without getting killed by CONCORD is considered a game mechanic exploit and grounds for suspension and banning.

This is likely due to response of some of the Jihaddis actually pulling off that wonderful task and the tears that got delivered to CCP in retaliation.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dred_furst posted:

then the good stuff on the market is mostly sourced from rarer materials only found in 0.0. The only good thing that comes out of highsec miners is the veld market. Which is the dullest, most boring market to get into.

Veld and Ice Minerals.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Nasty Kerm posted:

I had to google kodomo no Jikan, and ended up on youtube. That was awful, they dont even try to hide the sexual undertones. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcDgcQWyME8

:gonk:

I know someone got permabanned for posting a thread about that show in ADTRW.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

-Troika- posted:

Virtual pedophilia is bannable in SL, so feel free to report anyone you find engaging in it to Linden.

When did this start?

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

yaoi prophet posted:

I RESPECTED YOU GOONS!

He says that like it means we'll have to be respectful back to him.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

She sounds like she's going to pop a blood vessel at the end of it, she's trying to control herself so much.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

yaoi prophet posted:

He's griefing the thread because the next page will be full of people telling him how what he did isn't griefing, crowding out any actual content.

How's it feel to be a fortune teller?

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Uncle Fumbles posted:

But what does any of this mean to somebody who has never used second life? Why is this a big deal? These guys were sharing and storing information on people griefing the game? I don't see why there's talk of legal action over this. It all seems so harmless and insular.

From the sounds of it it's personal contact information and data that you'd rather not have a bunch of power hungry jerks having. Sorta like how we're not supposed to be going internet detective on people.

Only, you know, they're getting the information from Linden officials.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

:psyduck: Does it ever occur to people to just find another server? Instead of reciting slurs?

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Tequila posted:

Its been a few years since I've played any incarnation of CS, were the guns always laser accurate while on the move?

mcvey posted:

CSS just has really bad hitboxes and should never have been made.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Hard Clumping posted:

I think at the peak of our time with LeetGman, I had 7 people following him.

Was the Furry Zone last night? I have no idea what that is but once I do I have this suspicion that I'll regret going out and getting hammered instead of playing video games.

He's since erased his Steam Profile, but a guy came into the server last night with the name Arctic Wolf, and predictably, had his DeviantArt and Furaffinity profiles linked to his userpage.

Someone else has logs of the trolling, I'm looking at you, Greed.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ziploc posted:

I cannot believe your still getting people in that machine.

TANK TANK TANK TANK

SON OF A BITCH

Someone hook me up with HLSS so I can use the survivor voices in TTT

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dr_Amazing posted:

The goon group is almost getting too big now. I think we had like 10 goons and only 4 pubbies at one point.

Man. We need to split off or something. :(

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Delamore posted:

Yeah just split into two groups or so when there are so many goons, we did it tonight and it worked well.

gently caress the admin, no mods no masters

Ever have an admin yelling at you from his tiny little position of power, trying to wield his absolute authority over you for killing him while he was a traitor? Or innocent? Or a Detective? Really just killing him because he has an annoying voice? Perhaps if you were british, and had the uncanny ability to make everyone believe you, then you too can keep shittalking the mods during rounds!

Shoot them for no reason, without letting them talk, and enjoy the next 8 minutes in joyous bliss without having to listen to them lay out the reasons to have you banned! Or have one of your goon buddies knife him in the back! It's all good! It's all fine! Everything is permissible with Goon Brand Goku Zone products!

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ballrawg posted:

I was playing around with the idea of not mentioning it due to potential embarrassment, but I was in that 'Artic Wolf' game. I was Lady Naga and then later on Solid Steak.
I want to get in this TTT game
http://steamcommunity.com/id/ladynaga

Your name brings hsame to this anti-furry community my good sir

Stick with Solid Steak.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ephrum posted:

I recently got a hefty suspension from secondlife because the moderators just found out that for the last few months I have been standing around newbie areas and handing out simcrashers to newbies and telling them they are magical money/clothing machines they just have to rez on the ground and click.

You are gorgeous I love you.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cbouncerrun posted:

Is a simcrasher literally just an item that crashes the game?

There are several version of that, either though the grey goo model or simply making a zone unbearable to be in.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TP-O6sKo094

Please excuse all of the TTT Goons laughing maniacly in this, it's the culmination of 2 hours of griefing a server and The_Thing never fails to amuse us, no matter how we wreck it.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mash posted:

shame they fixed it.

I'd just like to point this one out. While the servers that run TTT are terrible, the guy that makes it *GASP* actually pays attention to things and updates his poo poo and makes the game playable when we big ol jerks ruin it. In fact, it earned him $5K and he'll soon be getting actually Steam Based Achievements in the near future.

One of those updates was remving the collision between ragdolls as the default state of servers. Also removing the clipping between players, so that we can't hem someone in anymore.

In return, he made the Traitor Weapons more awesome including a 'Newton Gun' which is basically designed to turn a traitor into a master of rear end in a top hat Physics with a big old fuckoff Push Gun. The Detectives will also be getting their DNA scanners by default, making them much more usefull and totally not useless anymore.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

oh my god

oh my god i can't stop laughing what

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Have a thing from the TTT thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAO2w9RyTdM

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Nuggan. What the asterisks are you doing.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

No Safe Word posted:

Pretty inventive team-griefing in TF2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HBstUb9ca0

Oh god I'm dying here.

The joke is you're expected to stand on a tele and wait for it to charge to send you wherever, which gives the enemy spy ample time to telefrag you.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

IHatePancakes posted:

Lots of people did teleporter fuckery. Tossing the beacon into space or into a locker thats welded shut (how 12 people can fit in it I'll never know), but teleporting into a glassed in room in the engine complete with tables, chairs and a bed was so much funnier. As was building a useless little space on the edge of one of the solar panel arms. Sometimes I'd even remember to put air in it.

Another fun thing to do was to put fire in the cold loop in the engine. Basically the engine worked with a "hot loop" in the area with a billion degree fire, and a "cold loop" that was open to space, and depending on the temperature difference between the two, it would generate energy for the station. It would always take a while, but I'd build the special engine flooring all in the cold loop, and light a massive fire in there. It was always great to see an engineer come in about reports of decreasing energy only to look through the cold loop windows and see a big rear end fire where empty cold space should be. Best part was there was basically no way to put it out so they'd just be dumbfounded or go try and work the solar panels which never really works.

When I'd get bored in atmospherics, I'd go about replacing the emergency air tanks. It'd take a while, but it also takes a while for the station to go to poo poo for people to start hunting them down. I'd replace the air with hot plasma or nitrous oxide. Imagine running down the hall from the vacuum of space, grabbing an emergency tank from the wall locker, turning it on and falling over because it was full of laughing gas. Or it vaporizes your lungs, whichever.

You're the reason atmos is not a job any more, mate.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

TheRagamuffin posted:

He's not talking about replacing the air in the station with other chemicals. He's talking about filling equippable air tanks with other gases.

:saddowns: Man, okay that's legit funny, carry on.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Broadside posted:

I cant remember if this ones been posted but: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkfBR6OhPr8

sweet sweet tears

Hello?

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Gherkin Jerkin posted:

Haha, I love the announcers' slow decent into passive-aggressive rage as Ironfist keeps getting away with it.

This is delicious they're just getting so GODDAMN MAD about it. I will never understand the PRO STRATZ FIGHTAN GAMES crowd. :(

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

PUNCHITCHEWIE posted:

Playing the game as intended isn't really griefing.

'As Intended' is rough when everyone else flails about like some spazzed out 12 year old on pixie stix and runs right out into the fire zone.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

bucketmouse posted:

Holy poo poo I didn't realize that guy had more videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkfBR6OhPr8

Nobody skip this. This is what griefing is all about.

:allears: I was going to post this when I saw Stgggs on the other page. This is priceless. :allears:

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

All that work to name it Apache (war)Chief and you couldn't get an In-Nuk-Chuck in there? For shame.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Please do not give Prencleeve any more attention, he knows better.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Better still, the person who murdered you gets Villainy or however it's translated. Get enough of it, and they'll be sent to jail when they die.

An acceptable choice is to throw dozens of newbie goons at a dude to die until the high level kung fu master gets sent to the clink for 24 hours

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Blind Sally posted:

I want the Piltover Customs skin to go on sale so I can go "BEEP BEEP MOTHERFUCKERS!"

(The Piltover Customs skin makes him look like a car)

It also gives him hilarious taunts/emotes.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Zaodai posted:

I've only ever been punished once by the tribunal, and all I got was a warning popup that basically told me I was being a dick and I should chill out. That was for spewing some of the most vile things you can imagine at people on a consistent basis because I am a horrible person and League makes me go crazy. So it takes a ton of reports for you to go to tribunal, and it would appear you can either rage so hard people don't take it seriously in the chat logs (or never report you), or you get bonus points in peoples minds because you can type coherently instead of just spamming "GG NIGGERFAGGOTS" in chat.

Lunethex posted:

Speaking of unfair punishments...

My favorite part is how the report reasons are insults or are just blank :lol:

Please note that every Tribunal Report Card is a snippet of 1 to 5 games you've been reported in over the course of time the card was generated, in which you have to be reported in more than 15% of the games you play in total.

Also anyone getting a Time Ban has already means you've gotten at least one warning to stop being an rear end in a top hat.

Let's see the previous report cards.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Continuing with the DayZ angle, this poor fellow was informed that Goons needed a screenshot of the LLJK Clan and he should hold still against a wall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uBRE-4P5Rs

Which resulted in this. http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1vqebi/to_the_lljk_police_got_that_screenshot_you_wanted/

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Public Vent Servers face the wrath of the Earl of Lemongrab

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL0WQ9rqui0

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
there are impmen in my safe space hackergriff thread Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooods

:negative: where will i get my griffs now? :smith: please get out impmen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

FactsAreUseless posted:

I want you to consider this statement for a moment. Really think about it. One side is a guy who threatened to rape a child for laughs and the people defending him. The other side is saying that is a bad thing.

Do you really want to say "I, Gorilla Salad, cannot identify which of these sides is worse?"

please stop fighting in a safe space grey forum thread it upsets my delicate sensibilities

• Locked thread