Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Magres posted:

I just re-read the one of Soul dismantling and robbing a guild of three years of work. That was some beautiful poo poo man

Which page is that on?

OP would be awesome if it linked the 'good griefs'

as a SS13 player I can appreciate a good grief.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
Not sure if it counts as grief, but it looked like a big pain in the rear end to setup, in a very early section of Dark Souls (Undead Parish) there is a large knight with a big Sword and a Tower shield. He's normally easy to dispatch on his own because it moves very slow, but when it hits it hits like a loving fist of god.

I saw a video of somebody Gravelording the Parish, which basically puts high-damaging versions of the normal PvE enemies in the game world. On top of that he was using a seldom used spell 'Undead Rapport' which briefly turns undead to your cause. Lastly he'd use the Channeler's Trident special ability which gives a damage boost to your allies.

The result was the Gravelord getting his victim to aggro the the Knight, whereupon the gravelord would join in and try to tie up his victim while the Knight came in and HULK-SMASH'ed those poor victims in a single blow.

Willfrey fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Jun 17, 2013

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Argas posted:

To be clear, the Gravelord only curses other worlds. This is kind of a common complaint. Gravelording can lead to incredible griefs, but the Gravelord player barely has any feedback. They can't watch their black phantoms rip players apart, they can only get invaded by people who find his sign. The player in this situation might actually be a Gravelord (I don't know if Gravelords can be gravelorded) but it wouldn't really be a factor in the rest of the grief except for covenant weapons/spells.

Ah that explains things. I occasionally would get the infected world message but to the actual mechanics of gravelording? I have no clue.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
I was reading the SS13 posts a few pages back, and that game is really furtile ground for griefing. My favorite 'classic' grief was having somebody throw you over the counter in the Head of Personnels customs office (a dude who changes ID's and access levels). If you did it fast you could steal the HoP's ID, use it to exit a door and close it behind you, locking him in without an ID.

also not truly a grief, but, when they just started adding the telescience areas to explore (solarium, ice moon, etc) everybody was piling into telescience for the expiditions. I was not a huge fan because it drags people off the main station but whatever. Anyways a new round started and people were bitching about last round because somebody destroyed a telescience computer and ruined their trip. I selected scientist for the next round and said a prayer. My prayers were answered and I spawned as a traitor scientist right in the toxins (bomb making) lab. Making 11x11 tile bombs quickly was about the only semi-advanced thing I was good at in SS13. I worked furiously and cranked one out about 7 minutes into the round, right as everyone was piling through the portal to Solarium. I stuffed the bomb in a locker, welded it closed, shoved it into telescience lab and sprinted away cackling like a madman. I punched 'Send Signal' on my remote blasted that place into the cold vacuum of space.

The comms lit up with some pretty intense whining, "Hey look some prick bombed telesci how edgy" while the admins complimented me on generating so many adminhelps as a legit traitor.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
I'm another no-content post posting about no content.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
I know it was within the rules, but before dark fog was nerfed I minmaxed a character around it and went to invade as a belfry at a pretty low soul memory.

Loaded up with fast cast rate stuff, it could near instantly poison people, after that it was a game of chase, either they died of poison, or my Dark Dark Bastard Sword. got a fair share of hatemail from it

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Dabir posted:

Uh, griefing is being a shithead for no reason.

and laf at people who get upset over games

Carebearz posted:

It all depends on if the Rogue's player was being an uppity shitbag about "make sure I get that sword blahblahblah". If he simply rolled on that sword to be an rear end, then i feel like it's less of a grief and more of "being a shithead for no reason".

Maybe this thread isn't for you my friend

Willfrey fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Sep 29, 2015

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
The doom peel was great, but not really a grief.

I like the stories of how a few mods on goonstation went to other SS13 servers that were FAR more strict and rp focused, and some of the ridiculous crap they would ban you for, like calling catboys catbeasts and screaming in fear when you saw one. Banned for racism.

I am sure I am butchering the story but it is deeply buried in the SS13 thread, or possibly the goonstation forums

my favorite personal greif is making it my lifes work to nuke telesci whenever people used it when i rolled traitor, typically stranding them.

for a bit there a lot of new telesci locations were being added, and I would just make and give away 'bombs for the away team to use' and usually a traitor would get one or some idiot crew would set it off. I did eventually get temp banned for doing that a few too many times

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Soulex posted:

As a former try hard, it is absolutely ok to make us mad and talk about it here.

Oh the rage over simple things, like standing in doorways in FPS games

Oh man gives me a great idea. In mechwarrior online people often will stand behind the edge of a building or wall and peek around, shoot, and duck back behind. Pretty common practice of peek and poking.

All one need to do against these people is stand behind them and keep them from being able to duck back behind cover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Third World Reggin posted:

haha victim blaming

my fault that these weird people felt like they had to find my personal info

I thought it was pretty funny

Eonwe posted:

i totally didn't put a lot of work into doxxing those people, i just looked up their IRL stuff on the internet, photoshopped it into a wanted poster, posted it in game, and then took a video of myself looking at it

These things are easy to do if you aren't an imbicile

screencapping somebodys public steam is not doxxing christ

• Locked thread