Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

JustJeff88 posted:

Okay, I'm going to just admit to my ignorance... what the gently caress does MRA stand for in this context?

I'm mildly ashamed that I don't know this but also rather glad as it sounds perverse and/or creepy.

You will regret this day and will no longer be comforted by ignorance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

jerichojx posted:

Which brings us back to griefing people.

Hiring a handsome, charismatic comedian to emcee and entertain? The only person he griefs are his co-hosts.

Hiring neckbeards as emcees and hosts? It is basically griefing everyone involved. Which is a shame because pro Dota can be so goddamn entertaining.

I never got watching other nerds play video games. Do you have to be bad at a video game to enjoy watching it?

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

El Pollo Blanco posted:

Aren't you doing that just by being in this thread, or is reading about/watching nerds grief other nerds different somehow?

I can do this at work.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Coolguye posted:

it's never coming out, the most enjoyment you will get out of it is reading the current star citizen thread and watching gaming's two greatest monsters (chris "the main cocaine" roberts vs dr derek "coke machine killa" smart esquire) duke it out in space court

though to be fair that's a hell of a lot of enjoyment

Also weekly meltdowns of a goons who still support the game.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

hampton posted:

No you're the dozens of whiny posts arguing about the gamerfood child rape video and other high-quality contributions like single-emote posting. Why are you here?

edit:
Now I remember you clearly. This is the griefing threads very own moral crusader who posted literally dozens of times about the aforementioned video, not content to simply say he thought it was unfunny (wouldn't disagree) and leave it at that, but compelled to argue with anyone who'd reply to him who didn't express a boldfaced contempt for the video similar to his own. Apparently because he just feels so strongly about whats in good taste (this despite having never posted his own OC).

Squaring that with his most recent quality contribution, this poster is either:
- a triggered MRA set off by the words "victim blaming" too lazy to read my thought about the nazi-creeps video not even being griefing, and/or
- defending said nazi who stole videogames from a child half his age and then tormented and threatened said child afterward

The most consistent thing about his posting ITT is his discussing pedophilia and mental illness, he discusses griefing as if were tangential.

You're a shitposting weirdo, gently caress off TIA.

Nice meltdown

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Segmentation Fault posted:

I couldn't find a good writeup, so I'll do one.

Buzzcutpsycho was the head of the Planetside 2 outfit (in-game term for clan/guild/whatever) The Enclave, a group whose history goes back all the way to the original Planetside. Buzzcutpsycho was, at first glance, your typical basic training washout milsperg: he peppered his language with vague military terminology (he often referred to himself in-game as "Dagger Actual," Dagger being his infantry-focused sector of the outfit) and styled himself as some sort of strategic and tactical genius. However, the reality was much worse.

There's a tendency for people involved in the US military to be pretty bigoted (just look at GIP). Buzzcutpsycho was certainly a cut above, however. Practically every other word out of his mouth was some kind of slur. He referred to Planetside 2's then-creative director Matt Higby as "Nigby," SOE's then-CEO John Smedley as a greedy Jew, constantly called people he disliked or just found inconvenient faggots or autists, and was generally a huge rear end in a top hat to everyone who didn't lick his boots. For some bizarre reason he commanded a cult of personality within his server's Terran Republic faction, and The Enclave was during its prime the largest TR outfit. However, plenty of people didn't care much for him outside of The Enclave, both within the TR and among the other two factions (Goons among both the New Conglomerate and Vanu Sovereignty, as well as Reddit among VS hated the loving guy). Here's a really great video of Buzzcutpsycho having a meltdown in the Terran Republic command chat (only available to squad and platoon leaders who buy into it with experience points):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=untPEx9qin4

Buzzcutpsycho's "You're all BAD! ABADDUHBADBADBAD" got remixed in song form by the guy who made Dropsy, which is hosted on Youtube here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zvj717lf0bk

Even ignoring Buzzcut, playing in The Enclave was a bad experience. The outfit leadership demanded you use certain weapons, certain tactics, and even certain vocabulary; deviating from the norm here was grounds for expulsion. You were expected to show up at certain times, follow directions to the letter, and if you were anywhere near Buzzcut himself you were expected to drop everything to assist him. Buzzcut even had a "Praetorian Guard" of dedicated medics and engineers with squad-shared XP boosts equipped who were expected to constantly top up his health, revive him if he fell, and repair his mechanized robot suit if he felt like pulling one, following him at all times. The freedom loving Higby's Heroes, resident NC Goon outfit, and sister outfit Earth's Special Forces (codename GOKU) among the VS could not stand for this.

GOON and GOKU fought bravely against the Enclave menace, but found themselves stymied occasionally by his one strategy: Pile everything on one territory at once. Planetside 2, despite being an MMO, had issues when too many people are in one area at once. Dropping 200+ TR into one area (not even counting the opposing force) causes severe framerate issues, and as the game desperately tries to scale back to get the game to a playable state people start to drop out of existence if they're not close enough. A typical Enclave zerg would end up with the enemy render distance automatically lowered so far that people wouldn't even show up unless they were 10 feet in front of you. This was a game that required numbers, and no one outfit could match up. Goons needed an alliance.

Goons on the NC and VS side cooked up the Anti-Terran Republic Alliance, or ATRA, with the idea of both enemy factions putting aside differences to gently caress over the TR for one night. Many VS and NC factions copped to the idea, and while nothing formal was created, there was one night where the New Conglomerate and the Vanu Sovereignty didn't bother each other, but instead pushed up together, railguns and laser cannons side-by-side, up the north end of the deserts of Indar. Just to gently caress with Buzzcut. ATRA was so legendary that years after the fact TR people among the Mattherson server would sometimes swear that the NC and VS are working together whenever things wouldn't go their way.

Buzzcutpsycho left Planetside 2 shortly afterwards, claiming that he wasn't happy with a balance decision. The real truth is that he got humiliated.

This was 3 years ago and there's a lot of holes of information, if someone else could help me fill poo poo in that'd be great.

Didn't he work at a gas station for 48 hours straight on the weekend so he could pants poo poo all week long on planet side?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

The Interloper posted:

Wasn't there also some incident where another TR outfit parked their Sunderer (mobile spawn point) where he wanted to have his, and he just completely flipped his poo poo over it? (Even though functionally it doesn't matter who it belongs to.) He made some super-serious declaration about how all members of that outfit were now "Kill On Sight" despite them being part of the same faction. I think there was some big fallout from it including his Twitch account getting suspended.

It was a long time ago and I didn't pay much attention, living on EU servers myself, so probably got a lot of that wrong. I just remember being simultaneously entertained and bemused at the time by this guy's ego being so inflated that he would genuinely rage the gently caress out simply because not every single person on the server was bowing down to his greatness.

I thought the twitch thing was requiring everyone in the outfit to have his twitch stream open while the played the with him.

• Locked thread