Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Nuclearmonkee posted:

I do this on occasion when bored in Sword of the Stars. It's a multiplayer 4x game, which by it's very nature means it takes many many hours to finish a single game.

Go find a random pubbie game thats a ways in (maybe 100 turns, at least 2 hours) with a few open AI player slots that you can take control of . Join in one of the slots, and immediately start research for Artificial Intelligence and "boost" it recklessly to the point that you are guaranteed to get an AI rebellion the next turn (gives half of your planets to an AI rebellion empire which is incredibly powerful and can destroy players with the brute force enabled by the multipliers it gets. Also, all AI rebellion empires work as a team)

Next turn, abandon all of your remaining planets except 1 and scrap all of your ships.

Repeat this process for all AI player slots and you will create a gigantic empire with gamebreaking bonuses and economic multipliers. The other players may not even notice what you are doing at first, but eventually everyone will just get raped by swarms and swarms of powerful AI ships turning a peaceful game of sim galaxy (most pubbie games) into death for everyone.

All I do in that game is send messages to everyone to attack, defend, or meet up at a certain star and tell it to last for ever. Each one has a different graphic and will last forever. By the end of it the entire universe just looks like a disco ball and you can not remove them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

You guys need to play some quake to see bunny hoping

I wish I could find that old ftp which had the best video I've ever seen of two good quake teams always landing their rocket shots and bunny hoping all the time.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Shumagorath posted:

The name wouldn't have Cestus in it, would it? I have a few of those I could probably stick on YouTube.

Edit: I apparently deleted Cestus but I have Mercurial.

It was a video with 99 luft balloons over it, had photos of heavies walking backwords up stairs as fast as scouts, some missile jumps, then guys on two fort missile jumping at each other trying to hit each other in the air, with some people toying with others shooting missiles ahead of time, then firing a second missile that blasts the enemy into the first, and a whole lot more. I found it on some old FTP ages ago and I doubt it exists anymore.

EDIT: Not even sure it is two fort anymore.

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Apr 28, 2010

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Most of the people on GPG net for supcom 1 moved to forged alliance forever. Not so many people play steam supcom 1. hopefully the two will be integrated soon.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

The thing about world of tanks and goons is a lot of goons don't understand griefing or trolling and think they are doing it.

You often get goons who claim to grief a team by being a stupid idiot and not moving out of base then you get goons who claim to grief a guy who won't move out of base. Most of the time the goons won't stop to think if the guy they are trying to grief or troll is also trying the same.

Some sort of weird mexican stand off where it isn't because they both have guns, but because neither of them have social skills.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Shaman Ooglaboogla posted:

Someone should pull a class action lawsuit against the ARMA devs, there's no way that the TOS covers blanket bans because of some stupid mod.

Where is this a c/p from?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

That APB video. The game is an awful mess and will never be fixed. In the mean time, it is a game that is awesome for griefing. Dump trucks are pretty much grief magnets. The game is just so bad otherwise.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Tarezax posted:

Can you really play Go through the game? If so I might join up just to mess around and play Go with people.

No one can stop the game for 5 minutes. This doesn't play by modern rules as well. So if someone starts playing they are stuck there. If both people pass their turns it is over, or if one surrenders. Thankfully a lot of people don't know where this button is.

In fact, the scholar school has a huge go board you can not play on. But I would go there and spy on scholars as a royal guard. If a player patrol came to me and started to look at me thinking I was spying, I'd run to a Weiqi npc, stare at it, then turn around and challenge the scholar to go.

So many patrols have ignored me just because I run around with Weiqi Expert above my head.

EDIT: /\/\/\/\ I tried to make a point of this in the OP. The game is pay for beta right now unless you want to be limited 1 hour per day. Beta costs 10 bucks or 20 bucks. 10 through the game or 20 from the website. Most goons have paid for it so far. The game will be F2P when it launches and it has been pushed back due to ENGRISH and chinese UI issues.

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Jan 27, 2013

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

There are 8 schools in the game, which are essentially mini guilds for classes. It has player leadership from competitions and politics. Every day except for sunday, two schools are chosen, we think at random, to be the targets.

The defenders must defend their school and can not attack.
The other schools can assault the schools to steal their secret kung fu.

In this game you can learn another schools styles, even hidden styles, and use them, although at 10% as effective when you max it out. Some of these abilities have crowd control or utility that you want anyways, even if you will incur a global cool down for switching stances.

The defenders need to wait for attackers to take a book, then beat them down, then steal the book and run it back to their library.
The attackers must steal a book, get out of the zone, and teleport back to their school.
The scripts are going to be for the school that was defending and not for any other school and are a great source of money. Mind you this event only lasts 30 minutes.

So here comes john q pubbie. He warps to the school to steal a book, dodges all the guards, runs out of the main part of the school and heads for a quick way out. The carriage. Soon as he gets down there he runs into a ball of goons who throw chains into the air and pull him around. A drunken beggar suplexes him into the ground. Several people just grab him and beat him. Sure enough, he found goons. We run as a large group where everyone else runs solo. So we take his book and send a goon on the way via carriage back to his school to get a book. John gets up and tries to fight us and just dies again.

After dieing a few times, he respawns, runs back in there and gets another book. On his way out he decides to take an alternate way and go to the zone exit instead. He gets on his horse and starts ridding. As soon as he gets near the zone goons start kung fu flipping the gently caress out on him, pulling him around, tossing him in the air, spitting alcohol into his face, and just generally being not nice people. Once again a goon picks up the book and runs out of the zone and we just got another script.

Now instead of just one person losing a book, imagine it is 30 or 50. The school only has 100-500 books and we come out with a large percentage every single time. In fact we have had guilds go to war since we got their guild leader during one of these events and had a single man follow me around asking me about his 6 books we have taken from him and when he is getting them back.

Most of these books are worthless, but we get one or two cash cow books that everyone wants and end up selling to the people whom we stole it from.

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Jan 30, 2013

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

The game has a lot of issues with localization. In some places it can't even use spaces.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Machai posted:

Did you have someone in hiding that would pop out and get the killing blow (and thus the bounty)? That would be the icing on the cake.

To claim the bounty you had to pay some cash and get constable status. You could then freely attack anyone with a bounty on them (the gms) and claim the bounty.

If you attacked anyone else without bounty status, you would lose constable, forcing you to go back and get it again.

Since this is a game where you can switch classes, people would switch to their first class with no hit points, stand on the GM, and die from constables aoes, forcing the constables to lose constable status.

At one point a GM was going to be killed, so goons without constable status killed the GM instead, stopping the constables from claiming the bounty.

The GM's later bailed out every goon who was in jail for murder reasons, not for bounty reasons.

By the time we did this we already had claimed two of the larger bounties.

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Mar 19, 2013

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

This happens a lot in the game. People play their version of the game and we play our version. Our version normally is the exact same as the developers intended and oh boy does the population of the game get mad with us.

We can even go farther and go beyond the normal game play and piss them off even more. The best part of this is we are not even the bad guys of the game right now.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

TheSpiritFox posted:

I hate this quote because it is wrong. Goons are playing EVE, most everyone else is playing WoW. One of the commercials CCP released for the game talks about how you get shot up by some assholes in your newbie ship and you can choose then to infiltrate the alliance that the dudes who shot you were a part of and either decide to join up because they're deadly or reset all their poo poo and steal everything that isn't nailed down for yourself and laugh all the way to the market you sell their capital ships on.

Another commercial is all about major fleet warfare and blowing each other's Titans up and poo poo.

They did this since goons were playing goonswarm and everyone else was playing EvE. Goons made that game.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

In age of wushu we had a J4G try to join the guild. We declined.

He then went off, joined a guild, worked his way into leadership within one week, kicked everyone out of the guild, and disbanded the guild. That guild lost their land.

He is now in the GoonTangClan.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Phobophilia posted:

It's one thing to burn in-game money for naught. It's another to burn your bridges and sacrifice your social standings to others, just to get rejected anyway. He could have become king of a dead kingdom.

I want him to keep infiltrating what ever guild owns that land so he can truly have his dead kingdom.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Well, so the age of wushu chat is html.

I expect good things soon.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

The game uses html as a chat input.

This means we can use img tags, which are basic html, in chat.

So we can start putting images into world chat in a video game.

So far we are only linking in game items, but we are still working on doing more.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

EDIT: Wrong thread

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 09:12 on May 8, 2013

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

It removed my name from the chat box but then every thing else was still there.

yqEhoyBi is the las bit that fits into the chat box.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Neither worked, came out blank

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

They got frozen since snail china wrote a script to freeze gold farmers. It froze almost everyone.

Scamming is allowed as far as we know it. People can't find any rules against it and no one has been banned for it.

Buyer beware.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Some images for that discussion taken from http://mmodata.blogspot.com/.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Since poop has been brought up recently, I feel I should ask you guys this.

I managed to get special fun bux in Age of Wushu for writing a guide. I blew it all on worthless lore items that only change your appearance since I hate buying things for fun bux and selling it to players. Too much hassle and I would have to visit the trade city.

Turns out I got something rare and special. I instantly got a lot of messages. Real life dollars were being thrown about as offers.

So I am thinking. There are beggars in this game and and you can only be begged every 3 minutes. One of the items in these bags is cow dung.

Should I say to the server, "Who ever gets me the most Cow Dung in 24 hours gets the item" just so that world chat is full of people saying, "WTB POOP." Or is this just not funny.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

This is the same issue terraria had at its launch. Maybe still has it I dunno.

Glad to see terraria 1.4 has the same issue.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

So in archeage, I had a bar mitzvah today.

In the game you tend to have to play farmville for a long time and then run what ever you made a long distance with a slow pack on your back, or put it in a vehicle, or on a boat. These are big time piracy objects since they are just worth money.

There is one trade route that is rather easy to do but only open a few hours a day. This is normally done by climbing a tower, jumping on an airship, riding it one stop, then giving the goods to the npc for cash. The first time this is done is the time when it is worth the most. Each time it is done after that it is worth less and less.

So we have these giant tractor vehicles that we will ride up the stairs in the air ship tower. No one can get by them and we have done this enough for multiple complaints on reddit and the official forums.

Scamming is legal in this game and griefing MIGHT be, but eh what ever.

We decided to make it a little bit more interesting and so I had made a midi file of hava nagila that everyone else can hear. I kept the thing on repeat and welcomed everyone into the tower for our bar mitzvha. We informed them that gifts are customary and poems were accepted.

We had so many people trying to get up that they started climbing over each other attempting to make their way.

Finally someone told us a poem. So we jumped out of the vehicle and tried to despawn it but one of the guys trying to get past jumped in preventing us from despawning it, clearing the path. They also jammed the tractor in harder so badly we could not remove it for quite awhile.

Once we did, they all got by, called us names, and we put the tractor back.

The person who told us the poem then noticed after trying to get passed us for 30 minutes, he was on the wrong platform and had to jump off to go to the right air ship platform. He never had to go up that path at all.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Molothecat posted:

I have no idea what any of this means.

Art.

This but imagine jewish music playing non stop in midi format

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Sep 28, 2014

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

There are quite a few ways to get passed that.

By the way when they grabbed the truck and tried to get it out of there they ran it further up the stairs.

I think we can get at least 2 on the stairs and one in front of the door.

EDIT: if they jumped and landed in an open space in the back of the truck they pretty much got stuck there.

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Sep 28, 2014

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Related

http://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/comments/2hnuyu/i_bring_you_the_definition_of_douchebag/

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Lutha Mahtin posted:

Are the eastern continent airships the same as the western ones, where you can push AFK riders off and send them to their doom? The physics system in AA is so goofy :allears:

pretty much.

Also update

Archonex posted:

I was really psyched about posting some more Wushu style antics here until it became obvious that the thing was turning into a clusterfuck. The creepy :pedo: crap was the last straw. At which point my interest in the game faded.

We have a guild on east of old wushu people, but don't tell anyone since they think we are making a splinter guild.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I took a new character with me in a row boat cause he wanted to fish.

Some clipper rammed us from behind, harpooned us, then some how the clipper flipped over.

I rowed away to saftey and fishing buddy died. rip fishing buddy.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

In arche age, people take materials someone have crown, spend some effort and create a pack, then haul the pack from where ever they created it, like cookies from new york, and the further they go the more money they make.

If they deliver it into a pvp area they make even more. Across the sea? Yep you bet you, even more.

There are several vehicles in the game, tractors and boats, to help people get more packs to their destination. Sadly there are no border checks to make sure if people are bringing unwanted things in and during certain time frames the pvp zones become safe.

So a plan was formed to make sure that no harmful things get into the town like ebola.

Tractors were used to blockade the doors to the city so that all other tractors could be checked for ebola. This angered people greatly as they may have traveled very far and they may not have much time left before the zone goes into pvp again.

This is legal to do in the game only if you ask for a toll otherwise it is illegal to do.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

You could. I did it it with one other person on a tower and asked for poems. Told people it was my bar mitzvah and that we had the beastie boys upstairs. Then I would play hava nagila while waiting for a poem.

The only poem we got was "Every rose has a thorn"

Your mounts are also physic objects that you summon from thin air and then have to mount. If you desummon them they run off into the distance.

A good portion of my time is spent trying to bowl people off of air ship towers with my donkey.

EDIT: People also try to get around blockades by getting out of their vehicles. If they do this anyone can hop in unless they put a one minute buff on it. So goons will hop in, steal the cart, and just drive off into the sunset with it.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Uh land boats?

The smaller ships have harpoons that can drag the boat. You can drag it a lot of places and even hook invisible objects into the air.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Hellsau posted:

Can you swing around like some crazed monkey, slamming into poo poo? Is there ramming damage?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTyroE2DqxY

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Yes. Even some important ones.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Kazinsal posted:

The real grief here is my posting

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Yep, and will be easy to gain in game either way, also they gotta exist first.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

if you don't want to be sad, laugh

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

don't sign your posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Please don't lie about trigger warnings, that is my trigger.

• Locked thread