Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
It's possible if you're playing on a laptop, i guess. I know my laptop(s) always have a fried GPU whenever they stop working.

I should probably stop playing Just Cause 2 on my laptop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Lord Windy posted:

I used to play Warcraft III constantly, particularly the custom map Lordaeron Tactics (LT). I got very, very good at it. It was a good map, generally you avoided most of the assholes of WC (I'm looking at you DotA) and it was updated fairly frequently.

I was also enjoyed to grief, but in my eyes it was quite justified.

This. This is the best kind of griefing.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

FuzzyPickles posted:

The only restricted place you could maybe get a straight up ban for being there would be if you managed to get to GM Island. Which is a test island that really isn't used for anything, but sometimes GMs idle their character there while dealing with reports. I haven't checked for a long time but I know a while ago you could type '/who gm island' and occasionally get to see the name of a GM. You had to exploit to get there by modifying airship paths in your game files or some weird thing like that so it would fly you off the map, so you were pretty guilty if you managed to get there.

In case someone is wondering, this is what your only way to get to the GM Island looks like.

So definitely hacking / breaking ToS.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Too Poetic posted:

You used to be able to get there with a priest running across the ocean with levitate.

Unless you did this yourself and that was in Beta or something, i'm calling shenanigans. Even if you get around fatigue for the three or four hour walk that it would be to walk all the way over to the top left coordinates... The GM Island's ocean isn't even connected to the continent's ocean. There's a big rift of nothing between them when the ocean suddenly ends.

It's a good way to get gullible people to transport their corpse way outside the boundaries of retrieval, though. :haw:

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Tufty posted:

Pretty sure you can still get free ones from several places, like http://www.gamesradar.com/keygiveaways/age-of-wushu-beta/

That one at least is out of keys.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

RatHat posted:

Dark Souls has some bizarre animations to use for griefing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqacyIaq27o
You know, my brother thought he was finished with Dark Souls after 80 hours of play, ready to uninstall.

I then showed him this video.

Now he has 150 hours logged on his Dark Souls account.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'm not sure if that's randomized chance or some kind of special superfart, but in one round someone let such a smelly disgusting one rip near the escape shuttle that several people, including me, suffocated before the shuttle could leave. And i was wearing a gas mask at that point. it didn't help

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

DerekSmartymans posted:

Can you point out where/page DerekSmart joins the thread? I'm sort of a big fan :-).

He's the thread creator, hth

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Darkman Fanpage posted:

That's just sad.

Don't worry, envy is natural.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'm not sure how else you would interpret "we fed them [the items] to the other team, they killed us with the bonus damage"

Is this really the hill you want to die on?

• Locked thread