Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
That's a pretty crappy simile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

VideoGames posted:

no true gamer would hide their gaming.

Maybe his game campaign was so good it would have made his political campaign look bad by comparison.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Third World Reggin posted:

Like the ability to tie someone down, creating an event to cut off their penis, fighting off players and npcs that spawn to stop you, and if you do this right, you get their dick and they get kicked out of most factions that don't accept eunuchs.

As completely hosed up a mechanic as this sounds, I like that even the game recognizes how hosed up it is, and random people will just attack you if you try to do this to somebody else. Still, pretty much the ultimate grief, literally emasculating your opponent's character.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

That reminds me a lot of the SS13 story about the living banana that murdered and caused the station to evacuate.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Cojawfee posted:

I don't use vent much, but I'm pretty sure it tells you who is talking and you can mute people. Why don't people do that?

Also, don't people usually turn on Vent, then fullscreen their game? Muting someone means you'd have to stop what you're doing to bring up the vent window.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Methylethylaldehyde posted:

Like a housecat, only with more creepy voyeurism.

I dunno, I've had numerous housecats, and they're usually able to not poo poo on themselves.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Wamdoodle posted:

It was one of theirs. Phone postin at work so can't look for it right now.

found it.

Edit: Or maybe you're talking about this one?

Captain Bravo fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Jan 17, 2016

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Mierenneuker posted:

And here's another TF2 griefing video from the days of yore (no hats, so it's ancient at this point).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bPUHb7Is5Y

You left out the sequel, featuring The Quizmaster!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRhCFz9FxWo

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

S-U-P-E-R posted:

Read the entire thread over the last couple months. I can't find it, but the story behind Magres's title is greatest-hits worthy if you ask me.

This should include a screenshot of Magres's title to go with the story.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

cock hero flux posted:

I got myself a blindfold and pasted an entire book's worth of text onto an ID card. I walked up to people, put on my blindfold so that I would not be able to see myself hold up the card, picked up the card and held page down for a few seconds. Upon removing my blindfold, I was greeted by my victim staring blankly at me, their game having either crashed or just lagged out so badly that they were incapable of moving. I then stripped them naked and pushed them out an airlock and into space.

I was one of the people he did this too, and the most insidious thing about it is that there was no real escape. Blindfolds are kind of rare, nothing else would prevent you from seeing the text, and there's no way to ignore someone else's actions in-game. The only way you could prevent your game from crashing was to somehow escape, (Which was drat near impossible. You have to bump into doors and wait a second or so for them to open before you can go through them, plenty of time for him to grab his card and start flashing it again) or to get knocked unconscious, which put you just as much at his mercy. It was even AoE, it affected everyone within sight distance of him. I don't think he made it the entire round before an admin declared that anyone trying it again would get banned.

Which made it a lot less painful when someone later discovered you could do the same thing with seed names in Botany, and the aforementioned crashwich. :v:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Seems pretty clear, to me. "Guys on our teams were complete jackasses. We had the game on lockdown, so me and a friend sold everything and bought super powerful items, then ran off and suicided into a powerful enemy so he could take our super powerful items and use them to utterly destroy the rest of our team."

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

QuarkJets posted:

You apparently already play the game, so of course it's clear to you.

Nope, never played. I just know how to read context clues, lol.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Wild T posted:

Just Like Ramadi

Cars in Call of Duty are full physical models, not solid blocks. You can actually walk up to them and bust the window out with your knife and take a look inside. They fully model the entire interior of the car, including the floorboards... Where you can place C4 charges that are totally impossible to see from the outside to anyone not using a specific perk.

In Free-For-Fall, you can quickly cause mass paranoia by choosing stealth perks and tossing C4 into vehicle interiors, then laying down nearby where you can observe and wait for someone to wander close by. Yell out 'ALLAHU ACKBAR' and hit the detonator, which destroys the car in a massive explosion and kills the player. After you do this a few times rounds tend to start with all players mercilessly gunning down any and all cars, barrels or other explosive objects on the map before even searching for each other. I can't count how many free kills I got when someone wandered near a car that was already blown up and I yelled "ALLAHU ACKBAR" anyway. They immediately turned and sprinted from the burnt-out car in a panic and I shot them in the back.

:vince:

This is loving diabolical, and yet I can't stop laughing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Not sure if this is technically a grief or not, but it's funny as poo poo and I'll never pass up a chance to link Criken.

Planetside 2 Team Brazil one

Planetside 2 Team Brazil two

• Locked thread