Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

humantis posted:

Garry's Mod

I seriously can't imagine playing Garry's Mod normally ever again after finding how fun griefing on it is. I remember the very first time I tried multiplayer, I was playing and some dude was a douche and erased my stuff. I promptly filled his body with lead. He respawns and kills me, leaving us uneven, so I just build a wall of turrets at spawn and leave it toggled.
The admin, seeing this, removes all my weapons leaving me with the screenshot tool and the tool gun. I have a couple of ideas running, none of them particularly interesting, and most of them requiring more advanced knowledge of Garry's Mod. I literally finished installing the game less than 2 hours earlier. So I'm like "What tools can I use here?"

Then I just see it there, and it was so perfect: Fire tool. I spawn ten exploding barrels near the admin. Permabanned.

ArfJason fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Jan 7, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

SomniumObmutum posted:

Spanish swearing is the absolute best. I don't remember the Spanish for it but my Ecuadorean friend was fond of using "you're the son of a thousand disease ridden whores."

The more common version of that is "Hijo de mil putas" (Son of a thousand whores).

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSSS9-ertOw
this one is so good because there is no griefing involved

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

somehow never seen this before
that's incredible

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

sitchelin posted:

"...everyone called me cancer, but guess what? In the end cancer always wins :smug:"

what a great line lmao

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Wild T posted:

It's easy to get people riled up in online games by simply repeating a mindless phrase periodically, especially if you're doing well and they want to attempt to smack talk.

It's insane how well this works. Back when I played TF2, I would choose sniper, and whenever I got a headshot I would say "Headshot, Ronaldinho style" every time. I was decent enough that people heard it often. On bodyshots I would say, less excitedly "Bodyshot, Maradona style". If you know anything about soccer, Brazil loving loathes Argentina, and vice versa, so this worked in two ways, it annoyed brazillians because i was an argentinian clearly speaking in faux portuguese (killing them) and argentinians got mad because Headshot > Bodyshot, so that must mean Ronaldinho > maradona.

In CS:GO, after every round, no matter if we win or lose, I write "pele > maradroga" and that usually gets people, Brazilian or Argentinian.

It's not much, and it's not very clever, but it works :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Phanatic posted:

Meta-griefing:

Guy releases a series of Counterstrike cheats that look legit at first, but after a variable period of time deliberately do things that trigger VAC to ban the user, gets 5000 people banned.

http://www.slashgear.com/counter-strike-player-releases-fake-hacks-gets-thousands-of-cheaters-banned-03425388/

Screenshot gallery of responses:

http://imgur.com/a/zgpi7

haha yeah the dude posted on reddit about that. says he's considering doing it all over again some time later

• Locked thread