Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Demons' was better in that respect. I played a Dexterity + Faith build with shield and spear so I was an absolute tank who could also hit people with Banish (kicked out invaders and dropped them a soul level, which in Demons' without the implicit lvl 99 PvP cap could be quite a blow).

Really though I dunno how anyone plays Dark Souls 1 PvP anymore with the rampant Cheat Engine use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Mortimer posted:

I like to grief teammates/opponents in rocket league by only going for demolitions

sometimes it works really well

the bonus is it griefs everyone but you at the same time
Constantly ramming and demolishing the opposing team's lead playmaker is a legitimate strategy and has turned more than one game around for my usual team.

Coolguye posted:

Essentially. If you're a pr0 mLg type that practices the fundamentals of CoD/basics of CQC, these perks probably constitute a fair chunk of the damage you take and the deaths you experience, which inevitably means that it must be bad and you hate it.

There are ways to play around both perks (defensive/cautious play helps a lot with both), but CoD4 has a lot of small and short range maps, and aggression tends to pay well for the rest of the game. So if you've got a one-track mind you don't want to break that aggressive streak when it becomes obvious there's a lot of Last Stand and Martyrdom in play. Probably because it requires, you know, thought.
When the servers started to have rolling chat messages about how Martyrdom was banned I started running around Shipment with a primed stun grenade. Shipment is CoD4's tiniest map and was often used by boosters because it basically forced you to kill or be killed every few seconds. At higher player count free-for-alls the spawnkill prevention was overwhelmed and players would often spawn right behind others for free kills or be forced to spawn in view of a camper. Now, stun grenades would affect anyone hit by slowing their movement to a crawl and swinging their aim around with lots of dead weight. Having it primed and charging straight up to someone you could either knife them or die and have the grenade instantly go off. Combine this with Martyrdom and a small map, and you could stun clusters of people who would be stuck rolling around like Jordan Belfort on Quaaludes until your second grenade went off and killed them. On the overloaded servers you'd often get killed by a spawn camper and your Martyrdom grenade would kill him and the next guy or two who spawned in right after you. Even if your grenade didn't get them the stun effect meant anyone who showed up had a complete turkey shoot available to them.

If I remember correctly there was another perk called Sonic Boom that increased the radius of all your explosives. Stack it with the above and you are instantly the most hated person on the server.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Oct 4, 2015

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Wamdoodle posted:

Whoa, what?
It sounds like they implemented skill tiers for a team-based FPS which requires an insane level of metrics that Valve spent 1000 man-hours on instead of Half-Life 3. I'm so glad I stopped playing TF2 after the third time my 1m fire damage achievement got reset.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Does it have to succeed? Because if not I'm installing and throwing javelins at my own guys all night.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I wonder how many TK's I can get before my oven finishes preheating?

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
It's also a victimless crime because Chivalry has one of the worst communities outside DotA / League / Project Reality.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

LentThem posted:

Like pretty much everything on the internet, sex is a huge part of Second Life. People would pay shitloads of actual money to buy sex attachments (prosthetic dicks, pussies, nipples of people and animals), sex furniture, sex animations, and sex audio clips. In like 2005, people started making interactive sex attachments. These were scripted body parts that a person could wear that would get aroused, jizz/squirt, trigger animations and audio to play, etc. Then, some of the sex attachment makers started having the attachments communicate with each other, so for example interacting with someone's nipple attachment (clicking it or something) would give them a boner because it would increment a 'stimulation counter' or something on the dick attachment.

These objects used alternate chat channels to communicate with each other; think of it like other frequencies on a walkie talkie. These channels were used for characters and objects to talk to other objects, but nobody can actually see what is said on these channels. By scripting an object to listen on all possible channels and relay it to a user, people in the Second Life goon group reverse engineered the commands these sex attachments (the most popular brand of them) used since it was all plaintext.

The payoff
Using the above information, it was possible to script an attachment for yourself that, when enabled, would spam the stimulation increment constantly (and silently to anyone not using a listener object themselves). This meant that you could do two things:

-Turn it on and go about your business. Anytime you came within 'hearing' range of a person wearing sex parts, they would immediately get aroused and start cumming repeatedly, with full particle effects, animations, and audio.
OR
-Stand in the middle of a nightclub and then turn it on. 80% of the people in the club (since they're wearing sex parts) would immediately get aroused and start cumming at the same time since it's a compact space and they're all in range of you.

Since people in Second Life treat it like their real life, they would flip the gently caress out at this. First they'd be mortified because they just did a very private thing in a public place (possibly in a PG-rated area, getting them reported), and then they'd be furious because someone 'raped' them and made them orgasm without their consent but don't know who it was.

The sex attachment makers eventually fixed their scripting so this wasn't possible, but holy poo poo that was some griefing while it lasted.
Russian signals officers would be proud.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Light Gun Man posted:

Was playing EDF with goons earlier and a random player joined with a similar but less impressive sounding username as one of us. Made me wonder how effective a trolling strategy it would be to show up in games with usernames that are like "(username) But Better" or "But Not lovely".
In TF2 I used to get flamed before I even picked a class for making my username "I HAVE SEX W/ GIRLS! :D"

Rhymenoserous posted:

For the record: Guns in this game are hitscan. No travel time, no drop.
Glad to hear they're consistent with their prehistoric theme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
No I mean hitscan is the stone age of gaming and yet CoD still uses it.

• Locked thread