Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Croccers posted:

People are getting angry over fake practice drafts in prep for fake drafts for fake football?
I... get that people are angry but I don't get why. :psyduck:
Is he not taking his fake practice picks seriously?

Technically the football itself isn't fake, you use the real stats from the real games.

Also it's waaaaaay more fun to get people to spend a quarter of their budget in an auction draft on a superstar only to find out that it was just some random fifth string that shares the same name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Machai posted:

Whats wrong with Tim Tebow?

he's the third string quarterback behind a guy who's barely played for the last three years because his knees are made of paper mache and a guy who's most well known for diving headfirst into his offensive lineman's rear end and fumbling the ball away to the other team

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Soulex posted:

Is that pronounced like a bastardization of Honorable, like Honor-Bro, like place where bros go to do honor stuff?

I think it's supposed to be a Japanese accent.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

All this WoW dueling talk reminds me of my favorite vanilla grief that I found in that game. A quick important note: PVP deaths would not cause you to lose item durability, which was a big deal because if you were a level 60 with good gear, repairs were INCREDIBLY expensive. And there weren't any dailies or anything else other than incredibly terrible farming, managing to corner a market (obviously very hard to do unless you already have a lot of gold), or endlessly running dungeons and hoping you don't die as a way to make money.

So back in early vanilla I played a priest, before the complete talent/skills revamp, so they weren't really great at anything involving solo combat, meaning you had to get clever to win duels and the like. One way I figured out was to cast a couple DoTs that were available to me and then mind control my "enemy" and just make them stand there while they ticked out. For those who don't know, how a duel worked in WoW is that when one of the participants took "lethal" damage the game would end the duel and leave them at 1 hp. But when you controlled someone through mind control the game treated them as your "pet" and removed that flag. Somehow this also removed the flag that said the damage they were taking was PVP damage and treated it as from the environment or a monster, meaning that if they took lethal damage, it not only outright killed them instead of leaving them at 1HP, but it took 10% of their equipment durability as well. Got a lot of amused whispers when they actually died that turned sour really fast when they realized that they also took durability damage.

Another fun thing to do was to mind control people and jump them off a cliff but most people weren't dumb enough to duel a priest near one.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Sep 2, 2015

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

QuarkJets posted:

But you could also grief with this ability by simply using it mid-fight. Sometimes during a 10-man raid if I was feeling bored I'd just cast this out of nowhere in the middle of a fight, which would probably kill everyone in the instance except for the person that I cast it on (and sometimes even them if they tried to salvage the situation by manually deactivating the invulnerability).

One of my friends played a paladin and found that the 100% best way to do this was to use it on the tank since a lot of raid bosses couldn't be taunted and it completely dropped your threat to zero, making it nigh impossible to ever get aggro back.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Magres posted:

Details? All I remember from hunter pvp was in vanilla, hiding on cliffs near horde towns in contested zones, and mind controlling my cat in to murder lowbies from afar.

Ammo

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Bieeardo posted:

Back in the WoW-days, when everyone crammed into Ironforge because it was the only Allied auction house

This reminds me of another fun one.

In the first raid dungeon, one of the bosses had a debuff that he would periodically place on a random target in the raid called "living bomb." Basically it gave you a countdown before you exploded for massive damage to yourself and everyone within a certain radius of you and flung you up in the air if you survived (causing fall damage when you hit the ground again). The important thing to note is that it chose a random target, meaning it can (and did) choose pets. Well, pets can be dismissed at any time, but they retain the status they were in when you dismissed them.

Step 1: Get living bomb on pet
Step 2: Dismiss pet
Step 3: Go to the cramped Ironforge Auction House after your raid.
Step 4: Summon pet
Step 5: Boom.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Artemis J Brassnuts posted:

It's amazing how much of an idiot you can be as a healer and still have people treat you nicely.

I once mainhealed a vanilla UBRS pub group on my priest (before the priest buff patch) dressed entirely in twill gear with a farmers broom to see how long it would take for me to get kicked.

We cleared it. :iamafag:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Enallyniv posted:

Pretty sure, nowadays at least, if you roll "Need" on a piece of Bind on Equip gear (any of the nice sellable poo poo basically) it automatically binds to you so you can't sell it, except for a pittance of gold to an NPC vendor.

Yeah they added that at least five years ago. The really fun thing to do was rolling need on literally every BoE drop because my character was an enchanter and just turning everything to dust right in front of the group.

context: enchanter was a crafting profession (each character could have up to two crafting OR gathering professions) that could add additional stats or effects to gear, but the materials to do so could only be gotten from disenchanting gear, destroying the item but giving you materials (usually in the form of dust or crystals) to cast your enchants. Which means it didn't matter to me if it was bound to me because I wasn't going to sell it in the first place :v:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Oh no I missed Blood Bowl chat :(

I miss playing my undead team from Chaos Edition. I had a skeleton with Dirty Player and Sneaky Git.

Quick explanation for non-players: Dirty Player is a general skill (meaning almost every player has access to it on level up) that gives you +1 on foul rolls to either break armor or (if you broke the armor without the +1 bonus) injury. That +1 on injury is pretty significant, as it increases your chance for KO/CAS from ~40% to almost 60%. Sneaky Git is an Agility skill (meaning you normally don't get access to it on linemen) that makes it so your player can only get sent off for fouling if he breaks armor.

People hated him so much they would ignore my actual good players to try and kill him.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dabir posted:

What if you had an entire team of dedicated foulers? Who might never win a game but just do their damnedest to stomp the poo poo out of other people's star players.

Then you'd be playing as Goblins or Halflings

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

dogstile posted:

This is my favourite player purely because (at least i'm fairly sure) you have to throw the bomb at another player. This means they can catch it and throw it back. This is a bad idea against elf teams, which featured an elf and my bomber throwing the bomb between them six or so times before my bomber hosed up the catch and it blew up on him.

This is why you throw it next to them instead of to them.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

QuarkJets posted:

Thank you, that's pretty cool :)

There's a little bit more on top of that. Templar Assassin has a passive ability that lets 100% of her damage hit any target in a straight line (with a little wiggle room) behind her initial target. So if she had a couple rapiers she could basically take out their entire team with good positioning in two or three attacks.

• Locked thread