Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Absolutely. I love how it says "TURBO" in 3 separate places in one photo.

Also, you buying this is making me look yet AGAIN for a Kawasaki 750 Turbo. No luck thank god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

SaNChEzZ posted:

The dude I bought it from has one. He's got every turbo from the 80s minus the Suzuki. Cx500,650 Kawasaki, Yamaha, and a super nice cbx.

He sounds like the kind of person I want to be :love:

Why did he break up the collection? Or does he have another 500?

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

I keep my surplus 60s rifles inches away from my surplus 60s ammo connected with a trail of lighter fluid/rye whiskey

Edit: I'm not joking

mostly

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Intrigued. I've always wanted to ride one but I've heard they're pretty awful in the real world. Curious to hear what you think about it.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Nice bike. Be careful.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

UnkleBoB posted:

Finally got around to taking the MSF last month. This month I got my CX650 road-ready after letting it sit since April of last year. Been riding it to work this week. Pretty fun. It's my first motorcycle.

edit: Need to do something about that ugly seat.

I think that bike looks fine the way it is, for what it is.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Spiffness posted:

Heated gear makes all the difference in the world and a good baklava.

Mmm. Baklava

You might get a kick out of THIS

Only registered members can see post attachments!

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Spiffness posted:

Love that Futura

Hell yeah. Rare as hell up here, I'm not even sure if I've seen one in the flesh.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Canadians are so arrogant and snooty.

Osoyoos crossing?

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Solo or with some friends?

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

$2K for a recent shadow? Not, it's not just you. Nice clean basic cruiser for a really good price. How big?

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

That's all good, congrats on a good deal as long as the bike isn't a complete wreck.

Good starter, you'll learn a lot and a 750 could potentially last you for years. It's in the sweet spot of sizes in my opinion, and I've always been a big bike guy.

Good job.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Very pretty. I'd like to try one :3:

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Wow, that looks like a brand new 10 year old Ninja.

How did she score that?

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

doomisland posted:

Bought this last week after completing the MSF.

DSC_0439.jpg by liam3012, on Flickr

Sharp looking bike. Congrats.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

nsaP posted:

You only need one to be legal in a lot of states, and that little mini-fairing is awesome.

Actually, as far as mini fairings and shields go, yeah, that was about as good as possible. Put the mirrors back on as minimum, but that shield was a far ways from a vetter or windjammer.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

shootme posted:

It's getting a single bar end mirror like my last bike that I rode for 5 years. A 1978 CB750. I don't rely on mirrors. I look where I want to go before I merge.

Mirrors aren't just for merging. Situational awareness is not a bad thing.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

You're not fooling anyone, you're not a rider. :colbert:

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Hentai Tentacle Demon posted:

Buying a 2013 or 2014 Harley Davidson Night Rod Special in a few days. So excited. Not so excited about driving in Phoenix in the peak of summer heat with it though.

Not my kind of thing, but good for you. Post some pics when you get it.

As a side, everyone that I know (which is about 3) that have bought a Rod sold it within 2 years. I'm curious to know what you think of it after the novelty wears off.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Hentai Tentacle Demon posted:

I'll post when I finally get it. Did your friends say why they stopped liking it?
Pretty sure it was mostly ergonomics but to be honest I don't recall. If I talk to any of them soon I'll ask.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Odette posted:

Um ... why would you want to do that?
Haha, you're funny :)

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

notZaar posted:

What is that big "crank handle" looking thing? Some kinda peg?

oh god :smith:

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Slavvy posted:

Aren't there a couple of zx-14 riders on here? Have you guys ever tested the speed limiter for science in a closed environment?
When I flashed the ECU on my C14 they took the limiter off which is coded at 250KPH for 2010+, of which many have verified. I've had mine at a little over 260KPH indicated.

The first couple years of C14 had 300KPH limiters, not sure how many have tried it though.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Bike looks drat nice, but that plate holder looks even more hideous than it should

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Elviscat posted:

My third bike, an '04 R1 (pictured between a giant 1600cc BMW sport-tourer, and a little British go-cart) was probably a mistake, but a friend offered it to me for $2000, and at 20k miles and in absolutely mint condition there was absolutely no way I could say no.

How does it feel to rob a "friend"?

pretty good I bet. Good deal.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Different kind of Genesis motor though :saddowns:

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

DrakeriderCa posted:

The other factor is that in Canada, it's exceptionally hard to find a running street legal dual sport bike that needs no work for under $1500 and this one hit all those points.
Just to expand on this, an 81 Yamaha in far worse shape needing work goes for the same price and is the norm.

After seeing Drakes master system SAGA POWER it's actually a decent bike for the money. Needed nothing other than a tube(s).

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Needs a shark mouth somehow

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Outside Dawg posted:

Yeah bro I do.

Where about in MT are you?

I hit Kalispell and GTF quite often in the summer. I'm trying to start a habit of weekend trips to White Sulphur Springs too. :)

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

clutchpuck posted:

I'm pretty sure I heard the beginnings of the bad bearing too - a "pop" I could feel through the saddle when I rolled it around the garage - a year before it really let go, and the two places I took it to (including the place I bought it from) said they heard nothing "just ride it". Frustrating.
Don't be too paranoid. If a bearing is so bad that you can feel it from the saddle at a slow speed like rolling it in the garage, it's BAD and you should be able to replicate it without a ton of difficulty.

I think it's more likely you just picked something up in the tire and it popped out or something if it doesn't come back.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Z3n posted:

I guess I made a pretty good decision today.

That looks like rear end.

and incredibly hot sexy rear end

Congrats man

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Sagebrush posted:

Usually around 4%. There is also a special category of low-alcohol beers that are all 3.2%, which is the maximum that can be sold in Utah.

Pretty sure I got normal 5-ish% beer last time I was in 'ol Joe Smiths backyard.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

That looks clean as hell. I don't think I have ever seen one of those.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

FWIW, the Corbin on my C14 is light years beyond the oem seat.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

notZaar posted:

God drat that katana looks ugly. Like some kind of half baked moto-jetski hybrid.

You just don't "get" the 80s.

it was the ugliest 80s bike

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

20lbs is probably conservative. Dropping the OEM potato launcher on my C14 was probably not that far from 20lbs on that one pipe alone.

Also, I really like those anniversary colors on your 14R. First time I've seen that combo.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

BlackLaser posted:

Just put a CS One on tonight. That stock muffler is ridiculous.

Now get that ECU flashed son. :clint:

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

BlackLaser posted:

I will once the Florida "winter" rolls in. You have the Guhl reflash?
Hell yeah. Get it done.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Z3n posted:

Powaaaaaaaa

(Well, compared to a ninja 250)

Good choice :)

Don't die M42 :ohdear:

Good for you, should see just a smidgen of a bump. I am surprised I can't see your grin from over here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

That's pretty sharp. Bigger can and a front fender of some persuasion would be nice, but good work. Hope you got it for a price you're happy with and ride the gently caress out of it.