Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
So the Herman Miller 15% Semi-Annual Sale started today, and I was planning on picking up an Embody in my ongoing effort to de-Ikea my home now that I have a real job. However, I was curious if anybody had any experience with the Flo monitor arm system HM sells: http://store.hermanmiller.com/Products/Flo-Monitor-Support

They are set up to go with the Embody, so I assume they will be better than other options, even more expensive ones by whatever that other company is. I have a 30" S-IPS or whatever it is monitor that I plan to mount on it. Any tips?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

dema posted:

Damnit. Want a red Eames Aluminum Group Executive Chair.
for looking at or sitting in? because in my experience, it's only good for one of those things.

currently ordering an Envelop and a lounge from DWI. :unsmigghh:

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

100% Dundee posted:

Under the specs it says that mount is only good up to 20 lbs or roughly a 24inch monitor. I would suggest you weigh your monitor or at least check the spec sheet of it to see if you're even in that ballpark before you spend your money.
whoops. thanks for being able to read, as I am apparently unable to perform basic comprehension tasks. I have one of those Samsung quasi-IPS monitors, which I am told is lighter than normal, but I'll check the specs
weight.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
Apparently the Ergotron LX is less expensive than I thought, so I think I might be better off with that over the Flo. Any thoughts?

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Also, Embodys are basically the most comfortable desk chairs in the world so I don't know what you're on about there either.
JEALOUSLY. Anyone who doesn't have an Embody does deserve mockery. 15% off and free shipping until Monday! GET ONE.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

devmd01 posted:

TF just get an Ergotron mount. I have a Dual LX and it owns, dual 24" wides and they haven't moved since I set it up months ago.
But the Ergotron is ugly and the Flo is made for my desk and I am a babby.

I might just get both and give whichever one is the worse butler back to the Catholic Church

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
Certainly not at any store that also sells condoms.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
if any surface called for the use of a proper coaster, this is it :ohdear:

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
My works/ye mighty/despair:

Don't pay any attention to the living like poo poo cables: I need to do a Monoprice order to get proper length cables. Also a new keyboard for adults

Also peep the main event:

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
Yeah nice cool and not at all shameful Embody ripoff. Enjoy your scoliosis!

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Tedronai66 posted:

Because most employees can just pick anything they want :rolleyes:
where the gently caress do you work where getting an ergonomic chair would even result in a conversation with your boss?

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
yeah, no way a company is shelling out for a super luxury office chair unless they absolutely have to. buy your own, nerds.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

woot fatigue posted:

Maybe you're just working for lovely companies.
Probably. Also now that I have your attention what color scheme should I go for on for a Wire Base Low Table?

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
If you're a tall, proud Aryan übermensch like myself and need some extra height on your chair, try some extra big-rear end casters like from: http://www.miraclecaster.com/

Not only do they give me an extra inch or two of adjustment, but they make chairs look like sweet moon buggies

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
Yeah, the Aeron is the best chair available. Now if you don't mind, I'm going to go vote for Bill Clinton in the upcoming presidential election!

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
Get tired of looking at your wife?

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

BabyRyoga posted:

I'm not done updating my desk with audiophile bullshit, so here's another picture:

Each one of those speakers has a copy of "The Basic Practice of Statistics" textbook, by Moore under it as a mini-pedestal. No bullshit is complete without foundation bullshit.
What are you running with that Lyr?

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
just buy a loving envelop already

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

krooj posted:

This desk is actually really small (in usable surface area) and specialized. It would be cool in an office that has other surfaces for things besides a monitor, keyboard, and mouse.
yeah it owns. park a short file cabinet next to it if you need more space for your anime figurines and empty ramen noodle cups

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
I sold my 10 year old Jerker for more than I paid for it on Craigslist in 90 minutes. it was just an "okay" desk and I really don't understand the cult following. is it just because it's huge and cheap (like your mom)?

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Duck and Cover posted:

I got wedges I got a new chair time for a post.

sick embody but please put that flip clock in the garbage next to that dumb fish poster

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Duck and Cover posted:

Also you drat well better have a Embody or better or you will be mocked!

Duck and Cover posted:

Also the Embody is one of many options, it is probably not the most comfortable because of the way it makes you sit.
also lol but seriously get rid of that flip clock

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Humerus posted:

I thought the Galant was solid wood,
lol does Ikea sell ANYTHING that is solid wood?

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Yeah, actually a lot of things. Are you for real?
are you? actual hard wood furniture is something you find for cheap, or in a pack flat boxes.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Electric Bugaloo posted:

my kitchen table is IKEA and it's solid pine.
ah yes, nature's MDF

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

BabyRyoga posted:

Yes, Zu Audio Essence bookshelf speakers. I paid like 10 bucks for this desk from a dude having a garage sale at the other end of the street :(
$3,500 a pair speakers and a particle board desk? you don't happen to have transitions lenses do you?

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

BabyRyoga posted:

I actually thrifted my speakers :dance: I've probably spent about $3500 total on an audio rig that exceeds 5 figures at this point.

I'm always on the lookout for better furniture. This desk isn't as bad as it looks, it was originally from Ikea. An upgrade is inevitable, however.
reminder that you could not tell the difference between yours and equipment that costs a quarter of what you spent, yet still use dorm room furniture

please get new priorities

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

klen dool posted:

The performance for the cost just isn't worth it
lol it's totally worth it

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

klen dool posted:

Telling people that their subjective values are wrong because they don't align to yours is not advice, and the console comparison is apt since this is what this machine basically is - and I used similar reasoning when choosing components.

Also, this is not a "judge my poo poo" thread - its a "post your desktops and also keep you epenis in your pants" thread.
you're an idiot

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Zest posted:

New setup!

hahahahahahahahaha what the gently caress are you doing? this is the saddest nerd bullshit ever

is your bed a race car, too?

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Inspector_666 posted:

The mic is my favorite part of that. I know waaaaay too many people who bought stuff like that for EVE, as if everybody really needs that fidelity from you on Mumble.
the pop filter is what seals it

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

I regret to inform you but that is embarrassing nerd poo poo

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

GreatGreen posted:

Nah. That's not a setup girls would immediately retch at the site of. It's actually pretty sharp looking.
I'd personally go without the space shuttle bit but even with that it's not terrible.

edit: ok so the keyboard is a bit leet-gamery but everything else is perfectly fine.

Coredump posted:

That poo poo was awesome.

Djarum posted:

I am not much for the NASA space stuff with it but the engineering of how he handled the actual desk construction is fantastic. There is a lot to it that I want to use for my own desk setup. Including the pipe for the monitor mount is a great idea that I hadn't had until I saw this one.
behold! a collection of embarrassing nerds

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
I sold my jerker for a zillion bucks two years ago and bought an Envelop and I never looked back. Jerker is too big for any space that isn't a basement goon command center

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

doctorfrog posted:

Sorry 'bout your teeny tiny living space.
i just don't see what else you need on a desk, then again I think I only need one 27" monitor. you can see my very own Goon Command Center in this thread, and i'm never pressed for space!

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Uxzuigal posted:

My throne.. (wife actualy lets me have this in the living room!) Got Dali Opticon 8's (speakers) for christmas from wife (no, she is not for sale, and she cannot be cloned), waiting for a NAD C275 to add in bridge mode with the NAD C375 Integrated amp here...

hahahahahahahahahhaaha living like poo poo knows no price

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Took me a while but I finally unpacked my gunpla from when I moved back in, and actually cleaned the desk off. Still need to vacuum though.

sick blue zaku

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

at the date posted:

That's an absurd price for 25 feet of thin square tubing and some lovely wood.
I was gonna disagree with you but then I saw that it was ash. smdh.

Herman Miller Envelop status: still a pro as gently caress desk, walnut finish still baller

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Edmond Dantes posted:

Got a couple questions if you don't mind (someone give a shout if I go deraily).

Do you use the mic from that distance, or move it closer? I have an AT2020+ and I'm going kinda crazy trying to find a good spot for it.

Doesn't it bother you having the monitors separated/angled like that? How "deep" is that desk?

I'm digging the overall look. I may steal that speaker setup if I convince my mum to let go of some old Technics speakers she has.

/edit: also VVVVVV
I have the same mic as you (plus the big kid, non-welfare model of that guy's amp and DAC), and I have it on a stand at the very back of my desk and I'm perfectly audible. however I'm a loud talker so if you're a mumbley Proud Introvert you might need to speak up like your dad would have wanted you to if he didn't run off when you were 7.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
remember when i said this guy was a loving weirdo and nobody believed me?