Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

What do I need to know in general about Inquisition? Are there any 'trap' classes/specs to avoid?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Thanks!

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Just bought Ys Origin on Steam (inspired by the LP). What do I need to know?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

Finally, KB/M or controller?

KB/M makes you a better archer, controller makes you a slightly better sworder.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Which of the Souls game should I play first? Demons, Dark or Dark2?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Nomadic Scholar posted:

I'm playing the original Dead Space blind, and I figured hard wouldn't be that bad.
Fast forward 1 hour and New Arrivals being cleared later, help

You get ammo for the guns you are carrying. So don't carry guns you don't like to use.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Got How to Survive (95% off). Anything I need to know?

Also, Apotheon: The Agora blacksmith sells good weapons, but where do I get cheap weapons? I need a stack of doru.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

There's been a lot of good general advice on Way of the Samurai in this thread, but can I get a basic primer on How To Sword Good? Or a link to same?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Sorry, I meant "how do I use a sword on dudes in a vaguely competent fashion?"

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Just bought AC:Syndicate in the sale. Anything I need to know beyond "stab dudes"?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Anything for Endless Sky?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

double nine posted:

Long live the queen was given to me and it looks like a CYOA anime weird thing. Am I correct? Is there strategy to keep in mind? What's all this about moods?

Surprisingly low in anime. The cutesy visuals are just to contrast with the brutality of what's going on.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

TearsOfPirates posted:

Need tips for System Shock 2

CONSERVE AMMO

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Scientastic posted:

Anything for Mass Effect 3 that's not in the wiki? I've already got the extended cut DLC.

At one point late in the game you'll encounter a big pillar of light. This is the end of the game, just stop here.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Anything for Brigador?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Eldred posted:

The most important advice. (Witcher 3)

Completely wrong, though.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Pierzak posted:

Quick question for Neverwinter Nights 1: I see there are only "henchmen" and not full additional party members. Do I lose anything by not taking them, like party banter/romance?

Pierzak posted:

OK, so not worth it until the expansions where I should probably try them out. Thanks.

Just skip the basic campaign entirely. There is absolutely no need to play it before SoU/HotU.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

limp_cheese posted:

Its poo poo all the way down.....

Velen.txt

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Anything for Mafia 3?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

AlMac posted:

You guys were not wrong about Diablo 3. I blew through Act 1 on hard with my Wizard and ramped it up to Expert part way though Act 2. I'm still slicing through enemy packs like they aren't even there.

The Wizard beam mechanics are extremely satisfying. I feel like one of the tripods from War of the Worlds.

Yeah. I never managed to use anything but Disintegrate.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Is there anything I need to know for Mafia 3?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Chill Nazi Frog posted:

focus on hitting guys with your broadsides. your turrets can usually handle themselves via auto-fire.

I disagree. In a small ship you can carve things up pretty effectively with your turrets (sit right behind them so they can't shoot back). As your ship class gets bigger your broadside becomes more dominant.

* You can see components for 100% of the cost of buying them. Feel free to swap your loadout around and try things out, you lose nothing.
* Neutron Beams are the best broadsides

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Vidaeus posted:

Anything for Dishonored 2? The wiki is scarce. I just started, decided to choose Emily (only because she's different to Corvo in Dishonored 1) and got through to the safe house at the start. I think I want to do a stealthy but lethal playthrough first. Did I make the right choice picking Emily?

While I actually prefer Corvo's powerset, Emily's stuff is fun and new and the story makes more sense with her at the helm.
Once you finish do a runthrough with 'maximum murder' Corvo.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Anything for Original Sin 2?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Kruller posted:

Do you ever get a minimap? I'm having a lot of trouble seeing bad guys when I'm murdering my way through temples and outposts, and Senu isn't the easiest thing to spot guys with, yet.

Hold down LT when scouting with Senu and any enemies anywhere near your cursor will be highlighted. It's pretty easy to do one pass over the target before infiltrating and mark every guard by just waving the cursor back and forth in a search pattern. Especially since Senu can see through solid walls.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Elendil004 posted:

Anything for Prey? I just got to the lobby and am already paralyzed by choice.

The taser is actually really good once upgraded.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Olaf The Stout posted:

It easily dethrones Dragons Age II as worst modern bioware game.

Wow. It's not stellar, but I wouldn't go anywhere near that far.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Much for Sniper Elite 3? There's a little on the wiki, but not much.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

PMush Perfect posted:

Anything for Transcendence? Just playing the free version for now.

Pay attention to damage type as well as total damage. You might be doing a ton of say laser damage, but later enemies will be practically immune to low-tier damage types like laser and kinetic.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Anything not on the wiki for Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning?

Crafting is egregiously overpowered. Only use it if you want to kill all challenge.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

im cute posted:

3 was a xbone launch title, 4 came out a bit over a year ago and had Frank West again.

3 was the bad one, right? What's 4 like?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Final Fantasy 15 (windows):
There's a bunch of OP-looking stuff in my inventory right at the start. I should ignore it / mulch it?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Inspector Gesicht posted:

I got Dying Light plus extras for 20 dollarydoos. If you're reading this, too late the sale's over. All I know is that it's a Ubisoft-style game with a bummer ending. Anything important?

Run!
Killing zombies takes forever with starter weapons, so don't. Parkour around them unless you really need them dead.

Humans will evade grenades. They won't avoid firecracker-bombs because they think it's just a firework.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Rifles for humans and shotguns for mutants.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

What can you tell me for Vampyr?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Thanks

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Could I get some tips for Elex? I've put like 10 hours into this game and still don't know what to do, or how to not jetpack myself screaming halfway across the world map. This game is so loving lethal.

Don't try to fight anything more dangerous looking than a consumptive kitten. You are weak at the start.
Drink your Elex.
Go to the Clerics and get a Flamethrower or Plasma Rifle. Both of these weapons have an attack mode than knocks the enemy down. Knockdown cannot be resisted and allows you to stunlock enemies to death.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Stealth-snipe with an AMR is best.

Or, weirdly, a shotgun loaded with sandbags. They're very hard to kill, but you can knock them out no problem then unload on their head with something else.

The Lone Badger fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Jun 4, 2019

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Making the drinks is extremely good once you get the recipe book. You can dramatically increase the speed at which your mana regenerates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Anything for Katana 0? Other than 'use sword on man' and 'dodgeroll has iframes'.