Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bugdrvr
Mar 7, 2003

What you all think about this?
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/mcy/4562953175.html
I've decided instead of trying to get a good commuter/track day bike that I'm going to get a good commuter and continue to beat on the FZR until I get decent enough to warrant a proper track day bike.

Low miles is nice, kinda crappy paint is nice (it's going to live outside most of the time), not sure what kind of work was done so will most likely have to go back through everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bugdrvr
Mar 7, 2003

Z3n posted:

Seems really expensive to me. I bought xovaans for 1500 with high mileage and a billion mods.

True. I'm gonna keep an eye out and see what pops up. I started looking at FZ1s now and feel like that might be the bike I need instead (140hp is needed for commuting obvs). Seems to be a ton of low mileage but slightly dinged up examples out there.

Bugdrvr
Mar 7, 2003

I loved my Bandit 400. It was light, flickable and the engine was so much fun to wring out. It's also a really good looking bike.

That being said, it was a pain finding parts for and it seems like the best fuel tank you're going to find will only have moderate perforation from rust.

If I found a clean one at a good price I'd buy another. I bet a fork swap to get better internals and new brakes would make it that much more fun.

Bugdrvr
Mar 7, 2003

Gaskets can start to leak from sitting but more than likely won't. Rubber is pretty good these days.
I would rather buy a low mileage bike than one with higher mileage if they were in similar condition.

Bugdrvr
Mar 7, 2003

What is it with Suzuki having such rust prone fuel tanks? My Bandit 400 tank was pretty much paint over Swiss cheese. The absolute best replacement tank I could find was "only" rusted out on the bottom.

Bugdrvr
Mar 7, 2003

Going to look at this on Saturday.
http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/mcy/4844469669.html

Supposedly never down, records, nice shape. It has an M4 slip on which I have no idea about. Hoping I can get the stock exhaust too.

You think $3,500 is good offer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bugdrvr
Mar 7, 2003

It all depends on how you're built too. I'm 5-11 and can flat foot bikes my 6 foot friend had to tip toe on.
Always do a good long sit (ride if you can) before you buy.