Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

I'm looking to buy either an 08 R-6, 08 GSXR 750(cause it's the only bike in the middle), or 09 R1(I actually like the headlights).

Is there any way I can go about getting a deal in Jersey? I'd be paying straight cash for the bike.

Like what month should I hit the dealership and what not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

I'm one of those people that can't ever decide on what the gently caress to buy. Please help. My current line up of choices constantly running through my head are:

Suzuki DRZ-400sm
Suzuki GSZ-R 750(i hate myself for this)
KTM 690 Duke
Ducati Monster 1100
Ducati 848
BMW 800R
BMW S1000RR
Kawasaki ZX-10( This may be the hype machine)
and last but not least
Yamaha R6 (so I can pretend to be Vale :3: )

Now some info about me. I own a Ninja 500 currently and a Toyota Rav4(which will probably be my only car unless the new Evo isn't a piece of poo poo). I have a stable everyday bike in the 500 I want something fun now and something shiny, preferably new. The one thing that sucks is the bike will live outside in a cycle shell and will have to go through harsh New Jersey winters. I can't ever settle on one bike for more than a few hours I honestly need a lot of help in making a good informed choice. There's a few different styles of bikes covered here but I think they would all be fun to ride in any capacity. Help me make a good choice guys!

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Seems like the KTM is getting the big push and just as well that seems like the most fun. I do have a few tracks near me but honestly trackdays would be few and far between due to work. Thanks for the help gentlemen my mind is made up anyone know of a good KTM dealer in the tri-state area?

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

i've been getting the big itch to ride again after a long hiatus(my ninja 500 got put away in 2011 after being my only vehicle from 18.) I still have the bike but it's totally hosed because I did not properly store it. I'm taking it on as a project to fix it but I have a house and space and want to ride now and also something modern and zippy.

What should I ride goons? I'd like to mostly do casual rides on some backroads but I live in urban NJ so it involves some highway riding to get to the backroads. I've always been interested in the KTM 690smc but I know their rep of being maintenance heavy.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

mt07 and dr650 seem like they're worth checking out. how do folks feel about the tenere 700? That seems like it's really fun.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

I’ve been watching revzilla daily rider and most times I come away with a new bike I want to buy. There are too many good bikes.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Just put a deposit on a Tenere 700 that should be in within the month. Have to drive 200miles to pick it up but you can't find one of these anywhere so I'm ok with that.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

the tenere isn't in and I found a tuareg 660 locally that is in stock(a buddy bought an rs660 from this dealer and when he went to check it out he said they were unboxing a bunch of tuaregs). i have a deposit down on it. it's like 1400 more than the tenere otd. am i being a dumbass?

it seems very loving nice from all the reviews i've seen but there is more to break with advanced electronics and it's also italian. the suspension being stiffer and more adjustable than the tenere is really nice as a fat guy.

i'm thinking i will pick up the tuareg this weekend if no one talks me out of it.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Xakura posted:

Particles in first oil change, larger than 5 um.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GAUo8eUXeU

going by something like this would make KTMs great buys and we know how this forum feels about ktms.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Bike is good. Did ~70 miles home from the dealership. Mostly highway. Bike was very well behaved. I can’t believe everything that came flooding back after being off a bike for 11 years. I really missed this. Now to order some pants and a summer jacket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Pie Colony posted:

Well y'all swayed me, put down a deposit for the new T700 :toot: a good bike I can have now(-ish) is probably better than a potentially good bike I could potentially own sometime in the potential future

buy a tuareg 660 when riding season comes along and the t7 hasn't appeared.