Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Hahahahahaha that's the sprit!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Revvik posted:

My 2004 Triumph Tiger 955i left me stranded at work last night. The battery has been low enough to require a couple jumps this week, and now with a jump pack attached it will give me a click and not even try to spin the starter.

My question for the thread is, which body of water should I chuck this bike into? The Great Lakes are right there…

Does it have the stock reg/rec? Those are notorious for not putting out 14v at lower revs. There's a whole cottage industry for fixing the charging system on those bikes. My 04 Daytona did the exact same thing, the piece of poo poo.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

The HSI for navigation is sick as hell

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Dang that's too bad there's no CDI, but non aviation types might have a hard time understanding how the whole thing works. Having the CDI center as you approach a turn or using it to figure out what lane to be in on the highway approaching an exit would be totally awesome though!

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

I'm looking to buy a new bike here very soon and I can't figure out what dealer I should go to. The biggest one in town? The one a mile down the street? It'll be a Suzuki dealer of some kind in Houston and there are many to choose from. I'm not expecting any sort of deal or anything so which one would you all choose?

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Slavvy posted:

Tell me which Suzuki you want to buy new and I'll tell you why it's pointless

Gsxs1000gt. I know it's pointless but at this point isn't everything?

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Lol if u even clean ur bike

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

put a melon in it and then blast it with a shotgun.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

The front brake on the tiger has become sticky as hell. Like, I'll start to pull on the lever and then it *sticks* pull a little harder and then it *sticks* again, finally pull a little bit harder than that and then its full on stoppie power and I end up 20 feet short of the light. What the crap could be causing this?

edit: going to bleed the front since its been a few years since I flushed the fluid. what else can I look for?

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Slavvy posted:

Grease your lever

Kinky

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Remy Marathe posted:

When I sold it I had a really hard time watching it ride away without me.

drat right in the feels. I had a guy come by to buy the tiger last summer only to back out at the last second. Huge sigh of relief because suddenly I couldn't bear to part with it. My Daytona though was pretty easy because that drat bike broke my heart too many times.

wish I hadn't sold it :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

the ninja will idle at like 2k for a few seconds the rev itself to like 4.5k for like a second then drop back down to 2k just after a cold start its very unusual.