Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
The weather was perfect yesterday, so the GF and I took the motorcycle to Easter dinner. Went to catch a 6:45 ferry back to Seattle (the next one being 7:55 and the crossing takes an hour). The line was backed up by 50 cars from the booths and not moving. Were I in a car, the only option would've been to drive around. As I was on a motorcycle, this would not stand.
I jumped into the bus lane and rode down to the booths. GF got off and talked to the ferry worker for a second. He scanned my pass and waved us through as cars were turning around because they were sold out for that sailing. Even made it down before they started loading so I got off first on the other side. Two wheel superiority :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

ReelBigLizard posted:

I'm not sure that's just the one cow.

EDIT FOR NEW PAGE CONTENT:

Anyone else getting hosed off with an influx of cyclists in addition to the normal yearly "thaw" of the seasonal riders?

I've started categorising them...

I see these people every day on my commute.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
It'd have to be. Google searches show stocks maxing at 66hp.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Lothire posted:

I think I saw that lodge! My only stop on the way to was at a Safeway in Chehalis, then into Portland from there. I was surprised my bike didn't need to go into reserves at all during the trip.

Suffice to say I'll be taking some time before I do anything like that again! I like the engine guard idea for my legs as those started to ache the most, I'll have to keep that in mind when shopping for some additions for the bike. A different seat is something I'm definitely after as well. My grip problems are a bit all over the place. I do have a death grip at times, but I don't have a windshield either and I find I'm fighting a lot of wind resistance, which a shield would probably cut down on I'm guessing. My gloves are very thick too and take some effort to work around the throttle, I really need to buy a thinner pair for the warmer weather we're getting.

Nice to hear about another Everett goon. :) I'd say to keep an eye out for me but I'm your standard mostly-in-black-with-some-reflection type.

My friend rides a 750 Phantom and often goes on long rides. He rode all the way from Port Orchard to LA last year on the thing. He talks about having a death grip to hold himself up as well. One thing you might look at is a rider sissy bar. Not sure what your budget is, but a lot of aftermarket cruiser seats come with/setup for backrests. That would probably move some of the pressure off of your hands and let you relax in the saddle a bit more.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Welp, today is the day. I'm heading to my friend's after work to do bike work, but the big thing is valve clearance checks. We're going to do some general maintenance stuffs while the bike cools down. I've printed out the walkthrough from FZ6 forums and saved a link to the page on my Kindle. We've got music and booze. Should be a fun night. I'll try to remember to take pictures of various parts of the process.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I'm staying the night at his place for it to cool down.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Valve checks are done and everything is within spec. Made sure to let it sit overnight & cool down before taking the valve cover and crank cover off and taking the measurements. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be. Just time consuming, is all. I took a few pictures of the bike disassembled but haven't had a chance to pull them onto my computer.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I haven't yet. Of all the threads I've read on FZ6-forums about checking valve clearances, no one's had them out of spec.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

MoraleHazard posted:

What kind of bike did you do it on? I've been meaning to do the same for my '04 R1150R but my dad having to go in the hospital and then my having (planned) surgery has thrown a monkey wrench into the works. If your bike is a BMW I'd love to see the pics.

I'm a bit nervous about the whole affair. :byodood:

2009 Yamaha FZ6. It seems like a huge undertaking with the amount of work, but it's all taking stuff apart and putting it back together. Measuring the clearances doesn't take long.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Holy poo poo, valve checks every 6,000 miles?

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

It may be that I picture Bender (with your avatar's expression) saying everything you post, but you are my favorite CA poster.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I know some of you like small displacement nekeds.

2014 Honda MSX125 Monkey Bike Coming to US as Honda Grom

quote:

American Honda announced it will offer a new 125cc modern interpretation of the classic Monkey Bike to U.S. consumers as the Honda Grom. Originally announced in January for Asia as the MSX125, the new Honda Grom will arrive in the U.S. as a 2014 model.
The compact Honda Grom is powered by a fuel-injected 125cc single-cylinder engine based on the powerplant used in the Honda Wave 125i scooter popular in Asia. American Honda did not release any performance numbers, but the parent company had previously claimed the MSX125 has an output of 9.7 hp at 7000 rpm and 8.0 ft-lb. at 5,500 rpm. The engine is paired with a four-speed transmission.
The engine hangs from a compact steel mono-backbone frame. Also helping keep the package compact is a new patented split-structure tank that allows engineers to position the PGM-FI components and other electrical parts inside the tank cover while still leaving room for 1.45 gallons of fuel.
The small-bike look is completed with 12-inch wheels, with a 120/70-12 tire up front and a 130/70-12 tire at the rear. The front wheel is equipped with a 220mm disc with dual-piston caliper while a 190mm disc with a single-piston caliper provides rear braking. The suspension consists of a 31mm inverted fork with 3.9 inches of travel while the rear shock offers 4.1 inches of travel.
Other features include a multi-function LCD display with digital speedometer and tachometer, projector-style headlight and LED taillight.
Offering modest power, a compact size, 29.7-inch seat height and a light curb weight of 225 pounds (claimed), the Honda Grom is positioned as model for teens, though older riders should be able to have some fun on the 21st century Monkey Bike as well.
The 2014 Honda Grom is priced at $2,999 and will be offered in Metallic Black and Pearl Red.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

M42 posted:

Solution:

I prefer swans myself.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I was in Phoenix this weekend and noticed a disturbing number of people without helmets. My brain eventually turned on and I realized there's probably no helmet law in Arizona.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Yamaha has the Bolt. Honda has the CTX700. Suzuki is going to announce a new cruiser. Japan seems to be rolling out new models. What's Kawasaki doing?

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
You'd think that, but Florida is 106% flat, straight roads. It's the most boring place imaginable to ride.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I was running late for the ferry and, as such, riding like a bat out of hell. Passed a tow truck when the road opened up to four lanes. Got pulled over just as I passed him. Honestly had no idea how fast I was going.
The cop was really nice and we chatted about how I was riding like an rear end for a bit. He said I was going almost triple the 25 limit when I passed the truck. When he came back from his car he said "Okay, the last bike I turned my lights on for ran, and you pulled over immediately. You were also polite and seem like the kind of guy to take a warning seriously, and that ticket would've been huge. And, I have to say, Mad Men is my favorite TV show. I can't give Mr. Draper a ticket."
I went from :stare: to :haw: pretty quick.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Ran into a gaggle of Seattle Ruff Ryders (heh, ruff, like a dog) on the ferry this weekend. Things i've learned: they like helmet hawks; they like to rev their engines to redline for no reason; they can't turn to save their lives.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I think the warm weather is finally starting to settle into the PNW. There were over a dozen bikes in the lot this morning. Last week there were only about three. It's like birds migrating.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Did he just randomly come to that conclusion or actually have it diagnosed in some way? Is there anything wrong with the Road King?

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
They are and it's as glorious as you describe.
http://www.gwrra.org/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bvxx3eVgLhs

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
That's the thing about (most) Goldwing riders- they ride ATGATT with hi-vis gear and still drag peg boards.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Backov posted:

I don't know why people are always so surprised that YES, Goldwings are motorcycles too!

Because Goldwings are SUVs with two wheels.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I just see it as something you don't expect because it's a huge bike.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I knew my replacement chain wouldn't last very long, but I expected it to last longer than this. I only got about 7,000 miles on it and it's stretch to hell and back and already has multiple tight spots. Not that I was expecting high quality from a brand I'd never heard of before, but Jesus. Don't buy Volar chains. Got an EK in the mail.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I felt a bit :stonk: a few times on my trip when hitting speed- could feel the tight spots as the chain ran around the counter sprocket. It just feels unstable.
Anyone have a sure-fire method for proper rear wheel alignment?

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
My former contract manager has to adjust all 12 valves on his Daytona 955i. I guess all of them are too tight. He wants to commit murder. Apparently it's a pain in the rear end.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Tamir Lenk posted:

If you need to clean off a lot of caked on grease, the magic trick is hand cleaner (the paste stuff from AutoZone, etc.). Slather some without any water onto the grimy bits. Wait a minute or two. Hit the areas with a brush (like an old dish brush, bottle brush, etc.). Then rinse and be amazed.

HTH

gently caress yes thank you. I've got some much grime that I need to clean out. Gojo is awesome stuff.

JP Money posted:

Protip: Don't buy gojo but go buy the harbor freight poo poo if you can. It's cheaper and does the same thing. Substitute HF brand with any knockoff brand if you can.

I currently have the generic orange-water from O'Reilly Auto. Had no idea that Harbor Freight had their own, though. Sounds like a bargain.

its all nice on rice fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Jun 18, 2013

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Really? Fast Orange/Gojo/etc always seems to get more grime off for me than dish soap.

E: Or are you talking about for washing the bike?

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Do you slather it on there with a brush or dilute it a bit?

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Bruiser posted:

'Yall.

Commuting on a bike owns so loving hard. WTF have I been doing this whole time?

It. You've been doing it wrong.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
A van honked at me for no real reason this morning. I waved and kept going.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I do that when turning off my indicators. This guy laid it on. :iiam:

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Z3n posted:

Yeah I do this but it tends to be when people are merging into me.

Hopefully you have a pleasant conversation once inside their car.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Motorcycle.com released their Bolt vs 883 Iron comparison:
http://www.motorcycle.com/shoot-outs/2013-harley-davidson-883-iron-2014-star-bolt-comparison
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INnA7UXwcLs

quote:

If we told you that you could purchase a brand-new urban performance bobber with a blacked out V-Twin engine and components, a stripped neo-industrial appearance and a low seat height that’s ideal for new-ish, female or those “short of leg,” all for under eight grand, would you bite? There are two motorcycle manufacturers producing such a bike. Your choice is between the proven machine with a few well-documented idiosyncrasies, or the upstart contender that’s eager to take on the champ.

Most things being equal – both are stylish, quality-built and cool as all get-out – the obvious deciding factor would be price, right? Sorry, misers, their cost is pretty much equal, too. So how does one decide between the established American legend and the imported arriviste? If you’re on the staff of Motorcycle.com, you ride the hell out of them, and whichever impresses the most, wins.

That’s precisely the thankless task we undertook, when we ran the Harley-Davidson Sportster Iron 883 XL883N and the new Star Bolt up the proverbial flagpole. While the Iron stood its ground, proud and perhaps slightly complacent, the Bolt, which impressed so much on our initial review back in April, worked smarter (not harder), and proved a worthy contender. After a week of boulevard cruises, freeway slogs, dyno runs and twisty tests, the winner is… Well, it depends on whom you ask.

Right off the bat, let’s get this out in the open, because there’s just no sugarcoating it: The 2014 Star Bolt is a shameless rip-off of the Harley Iron 883. Harsh? Hey, the truth stings. From its stripped-down styling to its darkened color scheme, from its muscular profile to its glowering countenance, the Bolt does little to conceal its affinity for the Iron. Heck, it even sports a mono-syllabic, industrial-esque noun for a name. It’s like the Single White Female of bobbers.

The new Bolt is more than just a flattering imitation of the Iron. It’s the latest (and perhaps most brazen) in a decades-long line of bald-faced Asian knockoffs.

That said, Star’s Bolt is more than just the Iron’s creepy stalker. Light, compact and powerful, it’s truly a kick-rear end little motorcycle. Better, it benefits from having learned from Harley’s mistakes. From this vantage point, Star has taken the production Urban Bobber concept and produced a more refined package than Harley’s, with more on-road stability and far superior suspension – the Iron’s two infamous liabilities.

The Iron 883 counters simply on the virtue of its badging. It looks, feels, sounds and rides like a Harley, which for many riders is all a bike needs to be judged a superior machine. The Iron and its big brother, the Nightster 1200, were pioneers of the stripped down café/bobber craze so prevalent in the industry these days, so it’s no wonder Star would want a slice of that popular pie; pilfering demographics has been the modus operandi of Japanese OEMs since the ’70s.

One look at the photos demonstrates how similar these bikes are in style, size and purpose. Both are lightweight bobbers, small enough to accommodate most any rider. Both feature sub-1000cc V-Twin engines: the Sportster rocks Harley’s signature 883cc Evo, while the Star uses the identical powerplant found in its V Star 950 cruiser, a 942cc 60-degree V-Twin. The Bolt is a slightly larger bike (and rides like it), with a wider fuel tank and an overall length of 90.2 inches versus the Iron’s 85.8, but the Bolt has a 2-inch shorter wheelbase.

The Iron is 25 pounds heavier, with a curb weight of 565 pounds as opposed to the Bolt’s 540, and it carries its weight lower, with a seat height of 26.9 inches and a ground clearance of 3.9 inches. Meanwhile the Bolt carries its rider at 27.2 inches and sits 5.1 inches off the pavement. Both bikes sport black spoke wheels, the Harley using 13-spoke jobs while the Star makes do with 12. And both motorcycles feature 100/90-19 tires in the front and 150/80-16 hoops in the back.

Around town, both bikes handle nimbly, their light weights and short wheelbases contributing to their fine agility. Both feel quick and speedy, in the same way my ’67 VW Bug seemed quick and speedy. That is to say, they’re not quote-unquote fast motorcycles – but the low seat height, strong low-end torque, easy maneuverability and pronounced rider feedback provide the zipping sensation fans of bobbers crave.

The most glaring difference between these bobbers, though, lies in what Star tried so hard to improve upon – suspension. Oh, it also looks the same on both. The Star has 41mm fork tubes; the Harley’s measure 39mm. And both bikes feature twin coil-over shocks in the rear. (Note: Bolt’s R-Spec, tested here, takes advantage of piggyback gas canisters on its rear shocks – their difference is negligible for small- and average-sized riders, more noticeable for big guys.)

But here’s the thing: The Bolt boasts front suspension travel of 4.7 inches, while the Iron allows just 3.6 inches of bounce. Further, the Iron manages barely an inch and a half (1.6 inches) of rear travel, while Star’s rear shocks up the ante to 2.8 inches. The Iron’s suspension simply can’t hold a candle to the Bolt’s KYB components. Score one for Star.
Now, the Iron’s seat posits the rider nearly half an inch lower than the Bolt, but considering the Iron’s notorious gut-punching suspension (upon the bike’s introduction, some joked that it ought to come with a bar-and-shield branded kidney belt), the trade-off is one that some average and large riders will accept.

Roderick points out another advantage of the Star’s higher seat. “The rider triangle on the Bolt is slightly roomier,” he notes, “making it feel like a normal-size bike compared to the Iron’s lower seat height and more restrictive cockpit.”

Star scores another hit with its controls. While neither bike offers adjustable hand levers, the Bolt’s are freer and take less effort to operate, traits that carry over to the foot levers. While Harley may relish the mechanical sounds and sensations that riding its bikes offers, the long run favors quieter, more efficient actuation.

Even better, the Bolt utilizes 1.5-inch handgrips, while the buzzy Iron makes do with 1.25-inch grips. It’s only a slight difference, but the Star’s thicker grips more fully fill the rider’s palm. Combine that firmer hold with less rattle and hum, as it were, and the Bolt rider is provided more substantial control. This is a key riding component in a bike of smallish stature – particularly on the highway.

And that is where the separation between the quirky established bike and the plucky upstart really becomes apparent. At 65 mph, the Iron feels lithe and buzzy, with a willowy footprint that is too often blown off-line, requiring constant rider input. Moreover, all of these traits provide its rider with a teeth-rattling vibration in the butt, feet and hands – an unnerving sensation that’s exacerbated by the wavering mirrors and hard, unforgiving suspension.

The Star, meanwhile, runs smoother and is more poised. Its thicker grips, better suspension, steadier rear-view mirrors and surer stance all pitch in to provide superior stability and rider confidence over the Iron, especially when surrounded by speeding semis and texting cagers. Freeway commuters in the market for a bobber such as these would definitely be wise to opt for the Star.

Star also bests the Iron in the brake department. The Harley features a single 292mm disc up front and a 260mm disc in the rear, while the Bolt uses larger 298mm wave-type rotors on both wheels. Both bikes utilize two-piston calipers up front, one out back – neither offers ABS – but whether you chalk it up to the larger rotors or perhaps to the more surefooted feel of the Bolt, Star’s brakes vastly outperformed the Iron’s. Grip came quicker, and held more firmly. Star scores again.

Another difference of note is instrumentation. Both bikes feature a round solo gauge that lets you scroll through clock and odo/tripmeter functions, but the Harley’s analog speedo sits up straight between the grips. The Star, on the other hand, makes use of a digital LCD speedo with a smoked lens that sits down low on the tank. It looks cool, especially considering the matching LED taillight – yet is annoyingly hard to read in direct sunlight.

“Harley claims only one degree less lean angle on the right side of the Iron (29° vs 30°),” Tom points out, “but it feels like a half-dozen degrees when the lower muffler begins dragging through a moderate turn. Add in the limited amount of rear shock travel and you’ve a mechanism for destroying exhaust pipe chrome.”

Things are rosier for the Iron 883 in several other key aspects of motorcycles such as these. It lives up to Harley’s reputation in sound, feel and performance, and the bike stands apart from the Star in its attention to detail and its fit and finish.

“The H-D has a flangeless fuel tank and its overall packaging is tight,” Tom says. “The Star has an unsightly gap between the tank and the seat, among other styling foibles such as the plastic rear fender extender. Why didn’t Star simply make a long enough metal fender? And the clearances between the downtubes and engine appear as if it’s an engine and frame sourced from two other models then bolted together.” Tom’s got a point; perhaps that’s where Star got the name.

Still, Tom and I agree that despite being a blatant knockoff, Star has produced a damned respectable “urban performance bobber” that not only stands up to its role model but bests it on many levels.

“A bigger engine with more power, better brakes and much better suspension make the Bolt a better performing motorcycle than the Harley,” Roderick concludes.

So does Harley have reason to worry? Doubtful. The pretenders know it’s going to take more than a marginally better machine to dethrone the MoCo in any segment, so they have traditionally come in at a lower price point than Harley-Davidson. Curiously, Star chose to price its 2014 Bolt at $7990 – nine measly dollars less than the Iron. Moreover, the R-Spec version we tested, with its color/graphics options, contrasting saddle stitching, and alloy piggyback shock canisters, runs $8,290.

For those without allegiances, the Star Bolt is a worthy adversary to the Iron 883 – it’s a better bike overall, and Yamaha reports that its early sales have exceeded expectations. But in the end, the allure of the illustrious H-D brand is a powerful tonic, so it’s easy to see why many shopping trips begin and end at the Harley dealership.

It's interesting how one of them preferred the Bolt because it's better in every factor outside of looks and "attention to detail" (I'll fully admit that the Iron looks better because it looks "tighter") while the other guy goes with the Iron simply because "Harley".
I think it's actually a pretty accurate representation of what it's going to look like when people go shopping for their next bike: You've got your brand loyalists who don't give a poo poo about anything other than Their Brand. It's the same way for people who hate a specific brand: I've got a friend who hates Hondas simply because they're Hondas (Hey man how you doing? Mumble tonight? When you going to Portland?) Outside of the Branders, you get people who look at the specs, test the bikes, and don't let brand sway them. Some people will go for the bike that they think looks and sounds better while others go with the one they thought performed better. I mean, you could say this about shopping for anything, but I find it interesting that it's how this comparison played out. I wish they did it with more people, though.

There's also the whole "blatantly ripping off HD" thing. Japanese brands have been doing this forever (as they mentioned in the article). I don't think anyone was under any illusion they weren't. That being said, this is the most blatant instance. Yamaha is going directly for HD's market share and are doing it by offering a bike that rips off the competition almost 100% and has better performance. I think it's a smart move compared to the alternative of trying to offer the same type of bike with different styling. HD has been doing something that works, so Yamaha is copying it.

Hopefully Yamaha is successful with this that they can eventually add in some visual changes (while still offering the standard style). I hope they convince a good enough number of people that HD isn't the only option, and it eventually leads to a larger variety. There hasn't been a lot of (good) variety in the cruiser market lately that I can think of. Everyone's too busy with adventure bikes.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I'm not an Independent. Does that mean I can't ride?

E: I get to be the motorcycle idiot today:
Got my new chain in the mail and cleaned up everything before getting ready to install it. The orange pumice worked pretty good, but a complete clean will take more time than I was able to spend yesterday. Rolled on the new chain, cut out a couple links, and installed the master link before I realized it didn't fit properly. I bought the wrong size chain. Stock is 530. I bought a 525. :downs:
But wait, there's more! I ran down to a local shop and bought a new 530 master link to reinstall the old chain (I'm not going to spend $140 +tax for a new chain when I can get it for half the price online). I wasn't paying attention to the style and ended up with a clip. Whatever, no worries. Got home and installed it. That's when I realized that I installed the clip backwards :saddowns: Now I get to go back to the shop and get another master link (good thing they're only like $5). I'll make sure to get a rivet style this time.

its all nice on rice fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Jun 22, 2013

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Wanna try out that bouncy castle.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
There's plenty of scraping yes.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Bruiser posted:

It's a Yamaha V-Star 1100 classic; so pretty easy to work on normally. The only issue is that I got it used a few months ago, and I wanted them to look at everything anyway to make sure there's not something else that's going to bite me in the rear end.

Also, the previous owner installed a kuryakyn hypercharger and jet kit, and I don't have any experience with that. If I had a garage, I might be up for it, but I live in an apartment.

I know I should be turning my own wrench, but I'm afraid I might miss something this time. I'd rather get a clean bill of health before I tackle something like that.

Where do you live? There might be goons in the area who will look at it and show you how to work on it in the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Lead Men on adventure. Sorry girls.

Jesus this gets worse the more I watch it. I thought the cheese board comment was a joke. These guys must feel really emasculated to have to do this. I almost pity them.