Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

My divorce present to myself a 2007 SV650 Nekkid with:

Dale Walker Holeshot exhaust
Woodcraft rearset
OEM Frame Sliders

My next addition will be heated grips. My hands are getting pretty cold lately.

djfooboo fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Nov 20, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

edit: this was never here

djfooboo fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Feb 6, 2009

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Simkin posted:

Are they bike specific?

On the package it says SV650 03-05/GSXR600 97-00/GSXR750 96-99, but on the website there are more.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

So when I try to explain to non-bikers why I find riding a motorcycle so fun I try and explain power to weight ratio.

400 lbs wet + 160 lbs me = 560 lbs ***** 560 lbs / 70 Hp = 8.00 lbs per Hp

Porsche 911 GT3 (996) mk1 - 8.00
2006 Lotus Exige GT3 - 8.00
C6 Corvette - 7.95

Any other cars to compare the acceleration of my girl bike to?

edit: took out the word common

djfooboo fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Oct 4, 2012

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

dantheman650 posted:

don't even know how I'd get it to a mechanic.) Any good resources out there?

Put out an ad on Craigslist saying you need a bike towed. There are plenty of people with ramps/trailers/tie downs that would love to make a quick 40 bucks towing your poo poo.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Any recommendations on trickle chargers? The last one I had blew in 2 months :(

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Dutymode posted:

What exactly will FI do for me?

Do you like tuning carbs? Carbs suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Nur_Neerg posted:

Yeah you keep the stock cables. Really all you need to do is shave down a portion of the tabs on the new throttle.

This is the picture of what you need to cut. I did it with a dremel pretty easily, although slowly to make sure I didn't take too much. I need to cut down ever so slightly more, like maybe another 1/16th of an inch to get the idle lowered to normal, but it's an incredibly minor difference, so I haven't bothered yet. But yeah, that's all you need to do.

Just bought the tube!

• Locked thread