Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hendersa
Sep 17, 2006

Meet Waffles. We were interviewed and placed on a waiting list with the breeder nine months prior to the arrival of her litter, so we were waiting close to a year before we finally took her home.

(I have a sneaking suspicion that she may actually be a rabbit, rather than a Corgi.)

We received a GoPro Hero and dog harness for Christmas, so we went out for a walk to try it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVOvKdIOqaQ

She also loves our cats, though they want nothing to do with her: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJk4xVqXfiY

Going to the car wash: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvMRgF1PBRo

Running up and down the stairs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZRFuuSYXUc

Waffles is only 10 months old, but we still have somehow managed to take approximately 3000 pictures of her. She's a very pretty girl, and people lose their goddamn minds whenever we take her out in public.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hendersa
Sep 17, 2006

So... does anyone else have a Corgi that enjoys looking at the TV?

She'll fall asleep if she's watching it with one of us, though:

hendersa
Sep 17, 2006

Hobold posted:

I am jealous of this one. My baby hates cuddling. Only time she does that is when I come home, or if you're lucky, she'll sleep against you at night if you don't move much.

I think the trick is to start them young. That dog has been held close since the day we brought her home:

hendersa
Sep 17, 2006

Ours didn't seem too bothered about her new passenger:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBQmV7CHhb4

hendersa
Sep 17, 2006

We don't let Waffles up on the bed very often, so when she gets up there she makes the most out of it:

hendersa
Sep 17, 2006

An important part of socialization is getting out there and introducing your dog to the neighbors. :3:

hendersa
Sep 17, 2006

The weather has recently turned much colder outside, but at least it is still toasty in front of the fireplace.

hendersa
Sep 17, 2006

Waffles may tolerate the cat stealing her bed, but that look in her eyes shows that she is quietly plotting her revenge.

hendersa
Sep 17, 2006

Something like 15,000 years ago, dogs became domesticated. Let me tell you... they never looked back.

hendersa
Sep 17, 2006

Waffles was very excited to be up and opening presents at 6:00 AM on Christmas morning.

She received a new squeaky ball as a Christmas present. She couldn't decide between the new one and her old one, so she just kept both very close nearby. :3:

hendersa
Sep 17, 2006

Saturday was 65 degrees outside. Sunday was 30 degrees and snowing.

Luckily, Waffles is the "all weather" type of Corgi and she just rolled with it.

hendersa
Sep 17, 2006

Corgi butts just light up a room. Ask anyone.

hendersa
Sep 17, 2006

In my next life, I need to come back as my Corgi.

hendersa
Sep 17, 2006

My wife came across a picture of the day we brought Waffles home from the breeder:

I think she was nine weeks old at the time. She slept on my daughter the whole way home, and then she woke up and didn't stop moving for about a year.

hendersa
Sep 17, 2006

We finally had a day warm enough for us to fire up the grill for dinner. While I was cooking, my assistant was stretched out nearby. She was busy keeping a casual eye on the variety of traffic going to and from the bird feeder hanging up a few meters away.

hendersa
Sep 17, 2006

I Might Be Adam posted:

Panda at work a few weeks ago testing out a wagon.
Hooray for work corgis! :3:

I worked one weekend during crunch time when my wife was out of town. I didn't want to leave Waffles at home alone all day, so I brought her into the office with me. I put up a baby gate in the doorway to my office and she napped in her bed that was sitting next to my bookshelf. It worked out really well until the cleaning lady started vacuuming in the hallway. Once the vacuum fired up, I suddenly had a panicked corgi hiding under my desk and looking up at me with terrified eyes...

hendersa
Sep 17, 2006

We spent some time outside in the backyard this weekend.

hendersa
Sep 17, 2006

My wife spent some time yesterday planting flowers, and Waffles was busy supervising the effort:

After the flowers were all in, she spent some time relaxing on the patio:

:3:

hendersa
Sep 17, 2006

What a difference a month makes. It seems like one day we're still waiting for spring to show up and the next it is warm enough to go for a walk in the woods and splash around in a few streams...

That dog is always so patient when the kid is involved. :3:

On a side note, we've reached a new record of brushing out fifteen brush fulls of Corgi undercoat in one grooming session at our house. The last hoorah of her winter coat, maybe? When Corgis shed out their coats, they do not screw around.

hendersa
Sep 17, 2006

It's pretty easy to figure out which family member Waffles likes best:

I remember back when it used to be me...

Oh well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hendersa
Sep 17, 2006

Yup. I recognize that face.

• Locked thread