Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

For some reason I find the door sill/puddle logo light illumination cool, but lighted grille logos unbelievably gaudy. I definitely do like how your grille cf matches the splitter tho!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

DoesNotCompute posted:

Having flashbacks to the dealer quoting $600 to replace one of my illuminated door sills that stopped lighting up on my A4.

It was $500 for the set. The instal was quick and easy, hardest part was fishing the power connector out of the car.

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Feb 23, 2024

DoesNotCompute
Apr 10, 2006

Big Wiener.

davecrazy posted:

It was $500 for the set. The instal was quick and easy, hardest part was fishing the power connector out of the car.

Yeah I ended up just keeping an eye on eBay for salvage yard listings, got a pair for $150. Like it was dumb to care about my light up door sills, but I cared because it was SUPPOSED to light up.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Ether Frenzy posted:

Don't the RX-8's get like 14mpg or something hilariously bad for such a small amount of HP?

The displacement of a 4 cylinder, power of a 6 cylinder, gas mileage of an 8 cylinder.

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

Powershift posted:

I think 7500. 112 furious horsepower.

The bolsters are soft and my shoulders clear them. It's comfortable, but very much like wearing the car. The dream would be finding a porsche cayman in the pick-n-pull for the seats but that's....not gonna happen.

Still, i'll never fit in a Miata, S2000, or Exige. My options for ~2200lb cars is quite limited.

Zzw30 mr2 are surprisingly roomy!

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

bird with big dick posted:

The displacement of a 4 cylinder, power of a 6 cylinder, gas mileage of an 8 cylinder.

Yeah but you get to have to rev it to 9k also. And it’s got suicide doors. And it sounds like six swarms of angry bees.

There is no real downside.

DoesNotCompute
Apr 10, 2006

Big Wiener.

Ok I am back to liking the car, dealership sent a valet to get the car, left me with a new GLB for a couple days while they looked into my complaints. 4matic error was a software update, clicky blower fan was replaced, they agreed the sunroof wasn’t sealing level and replaced all of the seals, and the auto high beams had a faulty lens hood on the camera that tells it what to do, so since it’s been -15C the last week the windshield was fogging/frosting. All replaced, pretty painless and nice to not have to even drop the car off.

Mostly just nice to not be gaslit by a dealer.

*I will most likely still sell it promptly 6 weeks before the warranty is up.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
lol nice license plate, celery man

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Sab669 posted:

<New generation comes out> "Wow this sucks"

<Generation after that comes out> "Previous gen was the last good gen"

That's my understanding of most BMW fans.
This is Jeep people too.

BalloonFish posted:

Thanks. Made me realise this is the first green car I've owned, although my last two work cars were green. My car colour journey goes:

Beige, Red, White/Red, Light Blue, Grey, Orange, Dark Blue and now Skoda 'Emerald Green'.
White, white*, red, camo*, blue**, black, maroon, grey*, red, red*, white, black**, silver, silver with woodgrain*, gold, tan**, white**.

* Cars I miss
** Cars I still have

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Yeah but you get to have to rev it to 9k also. And it’s got suicide doors. And it sounds like six swarms of angry bees.

Did someone say BEEEEES?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

You should try a GT4RS at 9k!

DoesNotCompute
Apr 10, 2006

Big Wiener.

Raluek posted:

Always nice to know who’s tayne pilled.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Ether Frenzy posted:

You should try a GT4RS at 9k!

There’s a couple in my local autocross group and I enjoy doing corner work immensely when they’re running.

My S2000 at 9k rpm is a totally different aural experience. These runs were only to about 7500 but it’s enough to get the picture.

https://youtu.be/Io0iEaP0Lhk?si=GyXKewgixeU-PodF

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

Arishtat posted:

Did someone say BEEEEES?

BEEEEADS?

love the GP3

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Raluek posted:

lmao i would not have caught that, amazing choice

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

There’s a couple in my local autocross group and I enjoy doing corner work immensely when they’re running.

My S2000 at 9k rpm is a totally different aural experience. These runs were only to about 7500 but it’s enough to get the picture.

https://youtu.be/Io0iEaP0Lhk?si=GyXKewgixeU-PodF

Very nice. There's definitely a mutual nod of respect & knowledge every time I see a S2000 when I'm out in the E92 M3.

The GT4RS is not at all what you'd call "quiet" at any revs since the entire engine is in the car with you, but when it gets to 8500ish it sounds like all the demons of hell have materialized in the backseat.

https://intertubes.net/gp/013024-angeles/gt4rs.html

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Can I get a printout of Oyster smiling :hf:

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Picked it up on Thursday

Some Guy From NY
Dec 11, 2007

bij posted:

Picked it up on Thursday

I've never cared for audi but this is giving me the feels. looks great!

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
I very much like the blacked out look.

DoesNotCompute
Apr 10, 2006

Big Wiener.

Frozen Pizza Party posted:

Can I get a printout of Oyster smiling :hf:

The lady at the dmv didn’t get it, the dean of engineering was hoping it was some sort of math joke. It’s great because it just seems like nonsense to 95% of people, 1% will get it and 4% will google it and be so mad.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

DoesNotCompute posted:

The lady at the dmv didn’t get it, the dean of engineering was hoping it was some sort of math joke. It’s great because it just seems like nonsense to 95% of people, 1% will get it and 4% will google it and be so mad.

I am among the Googlers. It was weird and funny, and I had to show my wife because it could not be explained why I was laughing. Paul Rudd is a treasure.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

DoesNotCompute posted:

I told them it was from some weird youtube video and they just shrugged heh.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

davecrazy posted:

Car needs a bath but I got the carbon fiber V grille installed.

Also put in the CF illuminated door sills, CF rearview mirror caps, and the logo puddle lights.

All of which should of been factory, but so be it.

Yeah, the puddle lights at the very least should be standard. At least the install isn't too hard as long as they left a little slack in the wiring. My 2.0 only had 3 installed since the person laying out the wiring didn't leave one micrometer of extra wire in one of the rear passenger doors and I didn't feel like taking the entire door panel off.

Anyway, found a battery cover for my key fob in Verde Montreal to match my car

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

That's giving away the game at your next key party.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

Yeah, the puddle lights at the very least should be standard. At least the install isn't too hard as long as they left a little slack in the wiring. My 2.0 only had 3 installed since the person laying out the wiring didn't leave one micrometer of extra wire in one of the rear passenger doors and I didn't feel like taking the entire door panel off.

:aaaaa:

Have a link to where you found that?!

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

davecrazy posted:

:aaaaa:

Have a link to where you found that?!

sure thing

https://www.glynhopkinpartsonline.co.uk/products/alfa-romeo-giulia-stelvio-tonale-key-cover-montreal-green

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

I did a thing

1956 Plymouth Belvedere i got from a friend. It wouldn’t start so he sold it to me for a steal so he could get a restored Corvair from a mutual friend.

He put a motorhome 440 and a torqueflite 3 speed in. The POx2 did a half cage and strengthened the frame I pulled apart the carb after getting it to the farm and it looks like some bad gas gunked it up.

Should be fun.

Mustache Ride fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Feb 27, 2024

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Mustache Ride posted:

I did a thing

1956 Plymouth Belvedere i got from a friend. It wouldn’t start so he sold it to me for a steal so he could get a restored Corvair from a mutual friend.

He put a motorhome 440 and a torqueflite 3 speed in. The POx2 did a half cage and strengthened the frame I pulled apart the carb after getting it to the farm and it looks like some bad gas gunked it up.

Should be fun.

This fuckin rules. You never see pre-sixties Mopars, and that’s sad. This car is not sad.

:hai:

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Mustache Ride posted:

I did a thing

Should be fun.

Neat!

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

TheFonz posted:

I did something stupid.

2017. 11,950 Miles on it. Very Well optioned. I traded in my 2018 Scat Pack Charger - got 8k less than I paid for it brand new in 2018.

TheFonz posted:

loving LOL Nevermind.

Ok Ok - Hear me out - Let's try this again.

2018. Similar Spec. Black instead of Red interior. Slightly Different Wheels. 5,995 Miles on it. We'll see in 24 hours if it was chance, or if the gods really never want me to have an M4.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

TheFonz posted:

Ok Ok - Hear me out - Let's try this again.

2018. Similar Spec. Black instead of Red interior. Slightly Different Wheels. 5,995 Miles on it. We'll see in 24 hours if it was chance, or if the gods really never want me to have an M4.

Get it bubble wrapped

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
It's nice but the interior is the wrong colour now :(

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

AirRaid posted:

It's nice but the interior is the wrong colour now :(

:(

I need to find a boring man to do an interior swap. This one looks like no one has ever sat in it before though. It's insane how clean it is.

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

Interworld and the New Innocence

TheFonz posted:

:(

I need to find a boring man to do an interior swap. This one looks like no one has ever sat in it before though. It's insane how clean it is.

You could wrap the car too. Probably would be cheaper and you'll protect the paint + get some more contrast. I vote green

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I also vote a green wrap:

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

XRs look so nice.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Sab669 posted:

I also vote a green wrap:

Very high on the list for me once i get to cosmetics.

Came out of the Home Depot and my car was joined by a corolla friend.

Observations putting 60 miles on around town.

-1260kg with a full tank, my fat rear end, a bunch of groceries and some snow. ~1080kg with just a tank of gas.
-4000rpm at 75mph. Not a highway cruiser.
-fun as hell

e: it's insane these cars are only 14 years apart.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Mar 6, 2024

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Interesting - I don't think my SR-5 wraps to 4000 at 75, and it's had 4.10 rear gears from an automatic car swapped in (standard gearing for a manual is 3.909 IIRC.) I mean, my redline is 5K, I think (fake edit: nope, 6K!.) I actually don't recall what the cruising RPM is, though. It may be 4K and I just accept it, because that's what it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

that booty