Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

My new S60R after ~200 miles of driving around on Saturday. It was a good day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

I really do need to take the drive up Mt Washington one of these days. I haven't done it since I was a kid.

Edit: Speaking of which, here's a dude with a deathwish riding it on a dirtbike: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1DjEO-tnZo

Disgruntled Bovine fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Sep 27, 2013

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

I got a new cell phone and found an amusing gravestone, here's the result.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Well my S60R is in winter mode now, got a set of new X-Ice 3's and a 4 wheel alignment (really needed it). It really does make a world of difference having proper winter tires instead of worn UHP all seasons. The past few storms I only lost grip when I intended to. Found a good local parking lot for some donuts too. I wasn't sure what the effect of winter tires would be on my ability to do donuts, thankfully it just made them more exciting, since I have to give it a lot more gas to properly break all 4 wheels loose. The only problem is I kick up so much snow I feel like I need wipers on my side windows. :getin:

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

You Am I posted:

I don't like the full length headlight thing, looks like a 90s concept car.

As has been said before, the very fact that it looks like a concept car is what's so marvelous about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1nCp8yjsyY

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Went to pick up new tires today and stopped to watch some trains while I was at it.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

When I had a 96 subaru legacy I came out the grocery store, opened the door to what I thought was my car and thought "wait, I don't have an air freshener hanging from my mirror". Turns out, my car was on the other side of a van that had pulled in since I parked, the car I had opened happened to be an identical white 96 legacy with burgundy interior, who, like me, couldn't be bothered to lock his doors.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

God I love that thing. Please post more videos of you offroading it.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

I got rid of my S60R and replaced it with something more... 'merica.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Abe Froman posted:

My brain has lost the ability to post pictures but I also picked up the same car on Monday (same color too) so I am co-opting your post.

That's a weird coincidence. Which drivetrain?

Mine's a 3.6 AWD. I wanted a 3.6 RWD premium for the magnetic ride control and LSD but the closest one was 450 miles away and it was kind of an urgent problem as my S60R had started quietly telling knock-knock jokes. Fortunately it only did so when cold or reved above 5k so the dealer didn't notice.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

El Scotch posted:

In Canada dealers pretty much stock AWD Cadillac models only, with a rare base model RWD thrown in.

No Mag-ride ats's unless you order it from the factory. :smith:

I gotta say the AWD model may not be the best version, but it's still damned good. I just need to get some Pilot Supersports on this thing. The all seasons it came with are the weakest link.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

kastein posted:

You all make me so happy about my $38k 1/4ac lot, 1400sf teardown-grade house, surrounded on 3 sides by unbuildable woods. gently caress, I bet some of your down payments were more than I have into my house including repairs done so far.

that's reasonable compared to the stroller

:stonk: I suddenly understand why you put up with your commute. I didn't think it was possible to buy a house* for that cheap outside of Detroit.

*maybe a little generous given what I've seen of your renovation topic, but still technically true.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Welp, after waiting a month for the dealer to get the title in I finally picked up my car yesterday.

It's a 2017 CTS V-sport and I love it.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Woolwich Bagnet posted:

Those have really grown on me and that one looks nice as hell.

I finally got my car delivered and lucked out with nice weather

It's both exciting and terrifying to drive, thanks to still being completely unfamiliar with it. The suspension actually feels softer than the SLK55 I had, which is nice since the roads are pretty garbage around here. I probably shouldn't drive it too much since I don't have the plates yet and it doesn't even have a temp one.

I think I'd be scared to have a car that nice. Congratulations.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Imperador do Brasil posted:

I have done an thing. Thanks toplitzin!

Speaking as a former owner, RIP your wallet.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

I kept mine for 5 years, in which time I put about $14k into it including a nightmare process of multiple failed (auto) trans rebuilds. I got rid of it when the engine started telling knock knock jokes at 140k. That was with a shop doing all the work so if you DIY it will be cheaper. By most accounts I got a borderline lemon though so I doubt yours will be that bad.

The good: the most comfortable seats of any car I've owned, beautiful inside and out. Felt quicker than the numbers suggest. Sounded great.

The bad: cost. handling was good but not great.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Pre-K Bikini Carwash posted:

Vsport fam :hfive: It's such a massively fun car, emphasis on massive. I've had mine for just about a year and I'm still floored by how good it feels in hard cornering. It's more fun to throw around than my 500 Abarth was.

Yeah it's pretty silly how well it handles for such a large car. I may have to try taking it to the track at some point, though I've read it has serious brake fade issues. Hardly surprising for a 4,000 lb car. I think it's a perfect daily driver. Comfortable, roomy and able to scare the poo poo out of your passengers on an onramp.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Darchangel posted:

That sounds perfect for me.

If you can find one near you to test drive check it out. I had originally planned to get an ATS-V instead but they're about 6-8k more for similar year/mileage and after driving the V-sport it was good enough that I changed my mind. I wanted a 2017+ specifically because that's when they added android auto. Downside is the 2017+ cars are exceedingly rare with less than 700 produced. There were only about 4,400 V-sports made in total.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

When I got my car it had a bunch of scratches and swirls from the previous owner's use of brush carwashes. I just got a full paint correction and ceramic done and it made a world of difference.

Disgruntled Bovine fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Oct 10, 2022

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

BUT I BOUGHT THIS FUKKEN' 2018 CAMARO SS AND IT'S AWESOME

:patriot: :freep: :fsmug:

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Charles Leclerc posted:

That plate is incredible.

Right up there with "El Jeffe"

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

The flip side of the collection is high revving four-cylinders.

I like all the things

Pretty sure only one of those has 4 cylinders.

Edit: correction, 2 of them. Forgot the 3 cylinder ST was non-US only.

Disgruntled Bovine fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Nov 23, 2022

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Yeah but I was saying my other cars are high revving 4-cylinders.

S2000
EM1 Civic Si
EP3 Civic Si (the lowest of the bunch)

Oh, right, sorry I'm bad at context.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

So nice to have a freshly detailed car.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Full Collapse posted:

I remember the pain of keeping a black car clean. Bless you.

The struggle is real.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

How do you resist the urge to get "ROADHOG" as a vanity plate?

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

slandergoose posted:

I ordered an M4 and now I know what I'm going to get as a vanity plate

:sickos:

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

I've found ceramic has made it much easier to keep my black car that I park outside looking nice. That said, I manage to keep it mostly out from under trees so YMMV.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Butt Science posted:

The Vsport needed new tires, and a set of TE37 knock offs wasn't materially more expensive than the tires themselves. Not gonna track this car where they might explode under hard cornering or something, so figured why not

O hai v-sport buddy.

I'm rather fond of the stock wheels on mine but I wanted to get an extra set for winter wheels and they're both unobtainium and expensive as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Swiggity swooty.