Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

I'd never used a DA polisher before this morning. SO MUCH EASIER.

Full Size

Full Size

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

HotCanadianChick posted:

drat I feel sorry for you guys. I would never buy a land barge but I've driven a friend's 1971 T-bird four door (same platform as the Lincoln Continental, and probably the biggest car I'll ever drive) which at 215+ inches long dwarfs the current Challenger or Camaro and had no problems maneuvering it. Y'all need to skill up, kids. :clint:

My personal favorite is a friend of mine that looks down on full sized cars, station wagons, and sixties/seventies cars especially for being "too big," and "Jew Canoes."

He used to drive a long bed 1500. That was different because it was a "work truck."

He's in IT.

:v:

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Git Mah Belt Son posted:

My 2011 Ford Taurus ended up getting totaled...I bought this today. Picking it up next week - pretty excited. It handles a HECK of a lot better than the Taurus, that's for sure.

It's a 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium with pretty much every option box checked off (nav, adaptive cruise, parallel park assist which I'll try out once and never use again) with 3100 miles. Negotiated the price to $24.5k.

The 2.0 Ecoboost isn't ridiculously fast or anything but the thing can get out of it's own way when necessary at least. It has MyFord Touch which I'm sure will be a PITA, but for the money this car is pretty nice.

I use standard cruise control borderline-obsessively, particularly in my Volt. What are your thoughts on adaptive cruise? It simultaneously hits my geek buttons, and would help deal with one of my biggest annoyances on the road: people whose definition of a cruising speed is somewhere between forty and ninety.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Night Danger Moose posted:

...we can't keep the 15 Mustangs on the lot at all. Other than one Performance Orange one we can't get rid of. They're pretty well priced too.

Dealer logic, right there.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

GramCracker posted:

My buddy shot a cool rolling shot in the snow

Other than the plate and plate surround, that legit looks like a manufacturer promo shot. Handjobs all around.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

dema posted:

Sold my NC Miata and bought a 2002 Corvette Z06. It's rad.

Blue Z06s for EVERYONE.

:c00l::hf::c00l:

Great pics, too.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Propaganda Bob posted:

Holy poo poo. I've seen those things auction for 200k. Go buy the Superbird right now.

It's not an Elephant, and it's an automatic. It's probably actually just a bit over-priced, if anything. It IS a six-pack car, though, so it's not bottom-of-the-barrel.

It's the four-speed Hemi cars that go for stupid-times-ridiculous dollars.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

The point of giant, gently caress-off huge wheels is to fit giant, gently caress-off huge drag radials, isn't it?

Have I been doing this wrong? :ohdear:

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

The insurance for my Z06 is less than $10/mo more than the insurance for my Volt.

:confused:

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Getting in on the blue car craze.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Comrade Flynn posted:

Plates finally arrived.

Why the hell is it still wearing the loving dealer plate surround?

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

KillaZilla posted:

The daily. It keeps me entertained enough but I'm on the hunt for a new weekender/project car.

I couldn't hear what you said over the sound of all the blood in my body rushing to my cock.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

SperginMcBadposter posted:

Post your non trillion dollar clutches nerds.

:shepspends:

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Gonna need more of the dogge, as well.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

dema posted:

'merica

:911:

'Murica

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj1Lgdg8A04

:911:

Also the moment I realized my reverse lights aren't working... :v:

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

tobu posted:

Will it remove water staining on window glass? I've tried a few different washes and even a loving razor but that stuff seems keen to stick around.

CLR.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Whoa whoa whoa... The old Raptor weighed SIXTY-TWO HUNDRED POUNDS?

Was it made of loving DU? What the actual gently caress?

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

kastein posted:

I think my favorite feature of military trucks is that not only is climbing on them not frowned upon... there is nonslip grit mixed into the factory paint on the tops of the fenders.

They're good for staying out of the sun, too.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

davebo posted:

'97 Supra... But it's stock and only 60k miles...

That's a loving unicorn, right there.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

davebo posted:

I'm fine with M stripes on an M car, it's suv's I hate and trying to make them look sporty is just lipstick on a pig. It'd be like putting the Gulf livery on a Macan.

All that needs to be completely over-the-top badass is some knobby tires, and some suspension to match.

Instead, it's the fat, smelly kid from high school wearing the varsity quarterback's letterman jacket.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Fart Pipe posted:

Fuckin nice! Ive got a 59 vert I need to get running sometime soon and I was looking up stuff about it, 0-60 in 11.5 seconds, lol.

You have a loving '59 Cadillac that doesn't have an AI thread?

What in the actual gently caress?

:justpost:

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

In the interest of similar, yet different:

The M on the left is loving spectacular. Owned by a friend of mine. I had just helped him get the CSi off the trailer and into the garage. Restoration to begin immediately. lolneverhejusthadakid

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Cage posted:

Pff parking garage burnouts are easy mode too.

Got my car hand washed somewhere, and they did a drat fine job for $8 and its better than I could manage. Gotta get myself a leaf blower. I think they used half a bottle of tire shine though.

Also testing out my new camera phone. Click that bitch so you see all of the orange peel and scratches in 5376x3024.

That's a loving awesome :10bux: car wash.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

I want an 850.

...With a twin turbo LSx.

:getin:

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

:):hf::)

Volt bros.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

davebo posted:

The problem with used Volts is they keep increasing the range of them so if you get an old one you're forever jealous of newer models.

poo poo, that happens when you buy one new.

Reliabilitywise, mines at 35k with only one non-routine service item, which may or may not have been related to my friend tripping over the charge cable while it was plugged in. None of the recall items are a problem on mine, so I haven't had them done yet.

:v:

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

AirRaid posted:

But from what I understand buying a $1K pick-up truck would get you something that looks like this -

Failing to see anything wrong with this.

:colbert:

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

meatpimp posted:

I had a 2003? Maybe? It was gutless with the 3.0 V6, but it was solid, in general... and I got it nearly new for next to nothing. I'd strongly look at a newer one if it was similar.

Plus, I did this to mine:

The AXOD can burn in the infinite fires of hell.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

It's just... So... Green.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Where'd you get the decal, and do they have them in a smaller size?

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

I thought there was a (self-imposed) global stop-sale on 4 cylinder TDIs?

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

OneOverZero posted:

I always had a healthy respect for 240s but this is just a fantastic car apart from the fact that it sprays coolant all over my feet.

It's just marking it's territory. Namely, you.

Also, you're making me want to sell my Corvette, get a ratty two door Volvo, and built the hairiest, angriest NA LSx imaginable for it. Just complete overkill. On factory width tires.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Ziploc posted:

I still wonder if those have any actual purpose. Or are programmed in just to make people "OMGMUCHSPORT"

After firing happens on just about any engine with a reasonably open exhaust (a short exhaust system, like on a sports car or motorcycle helps, too.) When you slam the throttle closed with the engine still at high RPM, the mixture leans way out, to the point where cylinders don't light at all. The unburnt fuel makes it into the exhaust system, and is ignited by either hot exhaust parts, or traces of successful combustion from other cylinders, which causes the noise.

My '06 LS2 GTO did it with the factory exhaust when it was cold enough outside. My Z06 does it all the time, too.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Wouldn't it actually rich way up because there's less air than expected coming into the cylinder (since the throttle is closed) to mix with what's left of the mixture already present?

With fuel injected cars, you're simultaneously turning off almost all (or in some cars, literally all of,) the fuel, while you still have a relatively high manifold vacuum, which means an abnormally high mass of air is going to flow at high velocity through the idle air channels. Additionally, since manifold pressure (both static, and the actual chamber pressure once the intake valve closes,) is decreasing, the fuel burns slower, resulting in more of it getting out through the exhaust valve. On top of all that, most ignition systems are going to reduce spark advance at low throttle position and low manifold pressure, resulting in even more of the intake charge making it out the exhaust valve.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

I need to get new pics.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Spades posted:

So, I was thinking I might make a project thread for the various cars as they stand if anyone's interested.

I imagine for Americans the DC5 is far more interesting than a Z06 so I will try not to waffle too much about cooled seats all day long.

Also the Commodore powered by rust and a seething hatred of living creatures everywhere seems to always entertain when I post it the terrible thread.

Sound of any interest?

Spades posted:

Cool, when I get home tonight I'll dredge up some various photos and put together a dad story or two.

:justpost:

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

ssjonizuka posted:

Also page 427 posting. Just sayin.

:getin:

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

El Scotch posted:

How low could one go and still have a comfortable DD?

That depends entirely on the individual. I could comfortably DD my (lowered) Z06, if it had a less aggressive cam, and the chin splitter didn't scrape on LITERALLY EVERYTHING. Most people would be driven insane by the poo poo ride and over-sensitive steering. It depends on your preference.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

superscumbag posted:

#23202 on the waiting list!

Did you actually get a confirmation number? From how?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

The thought of doing 80mph in a 5ton or deuce and a half makes all of my self preservation instincts stand up straight and look around, concerned.