Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

Crosspost from the Subaru thread:

Bought this Saturday - 2014 Limited; it's 100% stock and flawless.

Quite an upgrade from our 2004 WRX hatch...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

Truth.

Nothing nothing nothing 4k HOLY SHIIIIIII

The 04 had boost at 3500 or so, then a little dip, then pull pull PULL.

Suppose an AccessPort is the solution?

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

Woolwich Bagnet posted:

Put myself on the list for a Lotus Emira:

Not sure yet if I want the black top as pictured or body colored (with the wheels I'm going to get):

Gorgeous!!

Voting black top 1000%

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

BlackMK4 posted:

I think first picture since I dropped down to 17x9.5s from 18x9.5s.

Added a Civic Si i-VTEC sticker to be subtle, but it is out of focus

Sick. Why the drop in size?

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

BlackMK4 posted:

Short answer is tire choice.

Long answer is that if I want to win tires via contingency I need to run a Toyo RR or a Maxxis RC1 that fits into a 257mm template. Optimizing that template meant I needed to run a 255/35/18, but the RC1 only comes in a 265/35/18 (doesn't fit the template) and I canceled my 255/35/18 Toyo RR order after waiting 5 months with no ETA.

Made more sense to drop down to a 17 and switch to optional factory Brembo brakes to also get back classing points since the Stoptech brake kit I had on the car before wouldn't fit under a 17" wheel anyway.

Maxxis has a yearly cap of 8 tires won through contingency, which I've claimed for the year so I'm going to order a set of Toyo RRs and try to collect some of those too.

Interesting! Did you notice any change in performance from the switch?

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

BlackMK4 posted:

I switched tires at the same time, Nankang AR1 to Maxxis RC1 so I wasn't able to discern a difference in wheel diameter. The tires are night and day feedback wise though - AR1 is floaty / lack of feeling and it is quick for the first few days then falls off a cliff. RC1 is pretty decent to the cord and has a good amount of feedback. Both are about the same lap time wise.

Much obliged, I'm considering increasing from 17 to 18 inch wheels just for aesthetics and I curious if it would have any negative or positive impact on performance.

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

Suburban Dad posted:

good ole eyebeem (sp?).

For years I read the UN as "I-Beam" and then right before he disappeared I realized it could be "IBM"

Hmmmm

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

Somewhat Heroic posted:

I love 5th gen TRD Pros in the year exclusive colors. I don't think they have put a bad one out. Voodoo Blue is particularly awesome though. When are the BFGs going to hit?

As a weird observation; here in Utah I have seen so many from the BMW community add a Toyota/Lexus off roader as a counterpart it is wild. Extremely common. All of the guys that used to stand around parking lots with their BMWs and organize drives now get together with their Toyotas and go driving in the mountains/desert and go camping.

Here is a picture from last week

Is that the ARB awning/tent kit? We love ours!

Showing off the integrated lights ;D

And over the last week I did the first ever paint correction on the ol' mullet mobile. Hard to believe it's old enough to drink now!

Process was wash/clay with a nanoskin mitt, then Meguiar's ultimate compound, ultimate polish, and then two coats of Blackfire Blackice hybrid wax.

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

davecrazy posted:

Is that an ‘02 SS?

Indeed. SLP Y2Y car (intake, exhaust, Auburn diff, Hurst shifter)

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

Cummins swap?!?

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

CPO 2020 WRX Limited. Stoked!

amenenema fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Sep 1, 2023

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

HELL yes

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

Sab669 posted:

<New generation comes out> "Wow this sucks"

<Generation after that comes out> "Previous gen was the last good gen"

That's my understanding of most BMW fans.

Me with WRXs

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

BlackMK4 posted:

Honda BRZ continues doing its thing, wrapped up the nasa regional tt5 championship win this year

So sick - congrats!!!

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

Siiiiiiiiiiiick

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

Post your own RIDE -

Rogz posted:

gently caress you FORD!

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

For some reason I find the door sill/puddle logo light illumination cool, but lighted grille logos unbelievably gaudy. I definitely do like how your grille cf matches the splitter tho!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

FWIW even w a few bumper chips it's amazing. Excellent work - I think I remember the transplant thread.