Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

$84 for spark plug replacement? :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

eddiewalker posted:

I feel dumb admitting this, but the dealership game me a free nitrogen fill and swore it would hold pressure forever. I’d never had a car with TPMS of any kind before and just figured I’d get an idiot light. Just kept thinking “drat maybe nitrogen isn’t snake oil.”

3 years later I finally checked my tires. They were only 5psi low, so I guess I didn’t do too bad.

Part of my '17 3's warranty is going to the dealer once a month for a nitro fill for free. I wonder if a lot of people complained about the drop over the years.

Or the dealership I got it from is abnormally full of idiots.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Fabulousity posted:

Assuming there's nothing glaringly wrong with it I'd wager the buyer found the ride comfort lacking. The SGT trim level comes with 215/45R18 tires and it can be a crunchy and really loud ride if the roads in your area are lovely. If they're still putting Dunlop Sport 5000s on them in the factory that probably isn't helping matters either. It's a respectable tire but there are better and quieter options available.
Those poo poo Dunlops came on my '17 Mazda3 touring they definitely make the ride louder than I imagined they would.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

I got a 2018 3 touring hatchback as a courtesy vehicle today and I'm mildy upset that they gave the 2018 touring 3s the 2.5 and not the 2017s. Argh.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

I'm still mad I didn't wait for the 2018 3's to get the 2.5 touring instead of the 2017 2.0 touring. Ugh.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Fabulousity posted:

I have a 14 and it's noisy as gently caress. Invest in good rubber if you're gonna get one.

Same for the 17 with the Dunlop tires. Oh god I can't wait to replace them.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

The touchscreen on the 17 does not go down at all, but I haven't had a hard time seeing it when it's sunny.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

I got the Pilot Sports A/S 3+ on my '17 Mazda3 and they've been pretty good for the first couple thousand miles I've had them. With the full Costco promo it was ~$630 for everything.

Here is the stupid steed earlier this week in Yellowstone.

The Aardvark fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jun 7, 2019

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

I have a '17 3 touring. I got new tires before the stock Dunlops ran their course. Road noise is still loud. Also lol had to have the brake switch replaced before 45k miles.

But, this stupid steed had no problems going the distance from San Diego, up to Glacier NP, and back down. Here is said stupid steed at Yellowstone.

I was given a '19 Mazda 3 touring when the brake switch was being replaced and oh my god it is so much quieter than the '17.

In conclusion, buy a '19 3 if you can, but the '17 is good enough.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Fabulousity posted:

I took a first gen and later a third gen from Washington to Minnesota during summer. The third gen got pretty decent mileage the whole way even after it packed on a few pounds worth of bug butter:

I think that was somewhere in South Dakota? Also had to stop in Western Montana after hitting a bug cloud so thick I had to pull over to clean my windshield because I could no longer see out of it.

Don't have a pic but I appreciate good Montana bug culling.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Lol I got that done in May. Wow.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

:stare:

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

Hey guys my 2017.5 Mazda 6 GT is having issues with lag when I try to unlock it. Like, it won't unlock for the first 5 seconds when I'm mashing the button. The battery on the car seems fine, it starts up just fine and it was just in for regular service at the dealership two weeks ago.

The temperature has dropped pretty fast in my area but like this morning was 44* so I hope that's not low enough to cause issues.

Could it be the key fob battery? The car is less than 3 years old

Could be the fob. I've had to replace the batteries in both our fobs each year since we got our '17 3. I have noticed one way to tell if the fob battery needs to be replaced it flashes orange whem you press buttons on it instead of red.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Charles posted:

What size is the MX-30?

Looks to be about the same as the CX-30

173"x71"x62" CX-30
173"x70.1x60.8" MX-30

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

The EV (MX-30) is based on the CX-30, which is supposed to between the CX-3 and CX-5 wrt size.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Fabulousity posted:

If it has iELOOP or a start/stop system then it'll have an Q85 "enhanced" lead acid flooded battery. The short easy solution is: Replace it with a group 35 absorbed glass mat (AGM) battery for about 33% of the cost that the dealership would want for another enhanced lead acid flooded Q85 battery. The AGM is literally better in every way and the group 35 size is so similar in dimensions to the Q85 that you can fit it in and reuse the battery jacket with minimal fuss. A group 35 AGM should be relatively easy to find at any auto parts shop but you can also order them online if need be. If memory serves US dealers want around $600 for one their unicorn batteries (if they even have them on hand) while at the same time you can pop in something like a Bosch Platinum AGM for around $200 that'll perform better and last longer.

If you can find a sale with the AGMs, it's even better. I got a Bosch Platinum AGM for $160 a few months ago instead of what the dealership wanted.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

I had that happen two years ago with my '17 3 and they replaced it since it was under warranty.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

SkyeAuroline posted:

Huh. Push-button for my door locks has stopped working over the last few days, along with needing the key to be within a couple feet of the door and pointed at it to unlock... but only the first time before I start it in the morning, after that it's fine for the rest of the day even when I let it sit for 9 hours at work.

Good thing I already have a service appointment tomorrow.

My wife's '17 3 does this like once a year so I just replace the fob batteries once a year and it goes away.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Sorry it inconveniences you but really any option to play a loving video on a car infotainment system while it is moving should not be allowed lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

We have a 17 3 with 107k miles on it and havent had any issues with the axle to indicate it needs to be replaced.