Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yoyomama
Dec 28, 2008
Location: Connecticut, though I'm willing to commute to surrounding states, or relocate anywhere in the U.S.
Industry: Anywhere I could use my skills, I'm open

I'm a 2008 grad, and I've got a B.A. in Psychology. I have a work history that includes research, tutoring, office work, and QA testing. My last positions have been at a small architecture office and a financial IT company. I am interested in an entry level position to get my foot in the door. I'm a quick learner; if I'm trained, I can do it. I'm also interested in internships, part-time, or research assistant positions.

Email me at [redacted] for a resume or more info.

Edit: Updating some info, and some editing
Edit again: took out my email since it's showing up in google searches

yoyomama fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Jul 19, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yoyomama
Dec 28, 2008
I figure that I'll try this again since I'm finishing grad school.

Job Seeker

Education: BA (Psychology); MA pending (Communication)

Experience:
Quantitative and qualitative research (interviews, experiments, surveys, etc.): Both academic and professional experience. Worked as a research assistant during my undergrad and before starting graduate school. I'm currently doing research for my thesis. (~1.5 years, outside of academic experience)

Writing (literature reviews, reports, etc.): Part of my duties working as a research assistant was doing literature searches, writing literature reviews and helping with writing reports. Currently gaining more writing experience during my graduate studies.

Teaching: Currently teaching a writing class, have previously been a teaching assistant. Have also been a tutor and done volunteer work related to teaching people food safety. (~2+ years)

Administrative/office/customer service: Was an administrative assistant and did office work during and after my undergraduate studies. Did various duties related to filing, managing patient paperwork, editing contracts, answering phones, general customer service, help desk, etc. (4+ years)

What I'm looking for: research assistant/associate/analyst positions; related entry level non-profit work (program assistant, administrative assistant, etc.)

I preferably want to work in the non-profit sector, dedicated to social issues regarding race, gender, education, etc. That said, I'm open to any positions that are a good match with my experience.

Requirements: Full-time

When I can start: May 15 at the earliest

Contact: I'll give out my SA email, and from there can give my regular email to those that contact me.
yoyomama dot sa at gmail

vvv Thank you so much! I sent you an email.

yoyomama fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Mar 24, 2012

yoyomama
Dec 28, 2008

mim posted:

Job Openings: ~120 open positions in a variety of fields including copywriting, design, software/web development, account management, art director, marketing strategy, and more. Check openings at http://www.rosetta.com/about/careers/

Experience: All levels! Looking for interns for summer 2014, 2014 college graduates, and experienced professionals. Internships and entry level positions are noted as such on the website.

Locations: Los Angeles CA, San Luis Obispo CA, San Francisco CA, Chicago IL, Cleveland OH, Hamilton NJ, New York NY, London U.K.

about : Rosetta is a digital marketing agency, offering a full list of services to our clients. We handle everything from marketing strategy to creative design, web development and analytics. See more at http://www.rosetta.com/work/

Applying: Apply directly on the website.

Interview process: Generally you will be contacted by an HR person for a quick 15-20 minute phone interview. This generally determines if you are a mostly functioning human being with the ability to breathe. Next you will have a more detailed 45 minute interview with an experienced person in the roll you are applying. Expected more detailed questions about topics/skills on your resume. Finally you will have an inperson interview in an office. You will generally spend 20-30 minutes with 3-5 individuals from the group you would be joining, these would usually be 2-3 experienced/senior people at your role and 1-2 managers.

If you have any questions, feel free to email me at f1tof8 at gmail .com

Thanks for posting this, I sent you an email earlier today.

yoyomama
Dec 28, 2008

Mackieman posted:

I had posted this over in the SH/SC job thread but I think the business stuff doesn't really fit there so I'll post it here as well to see if anyone is keen

I just sent you a PM to ask for more info.