Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005
I sure hope I don't get banned
Need a Job

Graduating senior with a B.S. in Policy Analysis & Management and a Minor in Business from Cornell University.

I have extensive coursework in statistics, policy analysis, finance, and risk management.

I have work experience Wealth Management, where I generated proposals and conducted performance reviews on assets for multi-million dollar clients at a top bank.
I also have paralegal experience.

I have computer skills including Bloomberg, statistical packages, Excel, and some introductory programming in Java and VBA.

I'm looking for positions in financial services, management consulting, or anywhere else that I can work my rear end off.

No PM, so please email me at dig7(at)cornell(dot)edu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005

Boondock Saint posted:

Job Seeker. DC Metro Area.

Currently seeking an entry level office job in the DC metro area.

I'm open to just about anything and I do have limited experience with IT. I have no certs though, just a few semesters of Cisco CCNA and personal experience. I'm preferably looking to get into anything that involves writing/research/analysis. I would love to get my foot in the door doing technical writing if anyone knows of anything.

I have something. gchat me at david.gaffin (at) gmail.com.

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005
Job Openings in Washington, DC

I work for a healthcare research, consulting, and strategy firm headquartered in Washington DC with offices in London, San Francisco, Austin, Nashville, Chicago, India, and others on the way.

Right now my division, Strategic Research, is conducting a recruitment drive to fill positions lost due to anticipated summer exit for grad school. If you're interested, feel free to send me an email at david.gaffin (at) gmail.com or gchat me if you'd like more information, and I'd be happy to submit your resume through our employee referral program.

Positions are very competitive, so if your only experience has been a summer working at Gamestop while attending community college, you probably won't be considered.

Job description and company PR below:

The Advisory Board Company (NASDAQ: ABCO)
https://www.advisory.com

Forbes: Ranked one of the 200 Best Small Companies, 2009
Vault.com: Listed among Top 50 Consulting Firms, 2009
Modern Healthcare: 2009 “Best Places to Work”
Finalist, Washington Business Journal's Business Philanthropy Awards, 2009
Modern Healthcare: Listed among the Largest Healthcare Management Consultants, 2009

About The Advisory Board Company
The Advisory Board Company (NASDAQ: ABCO) is a leading health care services firm providing best practices insight, leadership development, implementation and technology solutions. The company currently serves over 2,800 of the country's preeminent hospitals and health care systems as well as pharmaceutical and medical device companies and insurers. Our continually expanding business portfolio provides employees with significant opportunities for career development at an accelerated pace, while an employee-focused internal environment places emphasis on service ethic, spirit of generosity, team engagement, and continuous learning.

Our current opportunity is based in Washington DC.

Position Info:
About the position
Strategic Research Analysts work in teams on research studies surfacing key challenges or opportunities facing hospitals and provide best (and worst) demonstrated practices in addressing these issues. The unique membership model allows research teams to directly interact with hospital executives, learning from their experiences and influencing change at member hospitals through presentation of key research findings.

Research studies can range anywhere from 1-9 months in duration, and typically culminate in a two-day summit where research findings and insights are presented to healthcare executives. Most recent studies have addressed topics such as the Emergency Department capacity crisis, the growing burden of bad debt in hospitals, evaluating the latest clinical technologies, implementing electronic medical records, and the nursing shortage. Finally, these studies are published and shared with other hospital leaders via web-based teleconferences. Analysts are actively involved throughout the entire research cycle—from conception, to research interviews, to analysis and creation of presentation materials. Working in teams provides analysts a great opportunity to learn from peers and to take on more challenging responsibilities as they mature in their roles.

Analyst Responsibilities
Analysts work on two to four research studies per year, with job responsibilities varying according to the stage in the study cycle. Across each research cycle, the analyst will typically be expected to accomplish the following objectives:
Collaborate on research agenda setting
Conduct in-depth interviews with senior healthcare executives
Document and analyze findings from primary and secondary research
Reduce industry challenges to root cause problems
Identify and critique best practice strategies and solutions
Develop innovative frameworks for presentation of findings
Contribute to creation of presentation materials
Potentially analyze and build market calculators and financial models

As analysts become more experienced, they assume broader responsibilities, including management of member relationships, providing “thought leadership” and creativity, and even serving as “in-house experts” on various topics.

The analyst position offers significant growth and rapid promotion potential, as well as opportunities to take on other roles within our growing firm. The Advisory Board is a true meritocracy, with pace of advancement within the firm based on an analyst’s performance, capabilities and ambition.

Qualifications:
Basic Qualifications:
Bachelor’s Degree
Excellent academic record
0-4 years of experience
Experience with at least one of the following:
Conducting long-term research (at least 3 months in duration)
Conducting primary and secondary research
Demonstrated interest in health care
Writing in-depth reports in an academic or professional setting

Ideal Qualifications:
Experience working in a team environment, as well as independently and autonomously
Proven ability to communicate effectively with senior executives
Experience conducting root-cause analysis
Demonstrated experience meeting deadlines
Experience with solution focused problem solving and thinking through problems creatively

Benefits: Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, The Advisory Board Company offers a competitive benefits package, including a comprehensive health plan, a 401(k) plan, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, a daytime leave policy for community service, a medical flexible spending account, and additional attractive benefits.

bam thwok fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Aug 31, 2010

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005

coolmanwc4 posted:

:words:

I work for a healthcare management consultancy and research firm in Washington DC.

Email me; gaffind@advisory.com

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005

Gadamer posted:

I interviewed with you guys this week.

There goes my referral bonus.

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005

Brokyn posted:

Some of the requirements for your company's listed openings are either vastly understated or... or... I don't know.

definitely just applied for that Associate Director of Community Engagement position. there is no way any other company would think I'm qualified, but hey, that requirements section says I am! :ssh:

edit: I didn't really mean that in a dickish way. I was genuinely surprised and I'd be pretty excited if they looked into me further for that position.

Pretty sure it's a completely new position, so the listing might be a bit... unrefined? Regardless, if you toss me your resume they'll get in touch with you much faster. Good luck!

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005

Gadamer posted:

It's ok, it looks like they did the "we'll call you back later this week, and by that, we mean never!" :smith:

Sorry to hear that. Send someone an email to make sure they didn't just forget about you in the run up to the holidays.

May as well post my company's openings again. We are a mid-sized, publicly traded, growing research, consulting, and technology firm that services the healthcare and higher education industries. We have multiple openings, many of which hire year round, the bulk of which are located in Washington DC but with others in Chicago, San Francisco, Austin, Nashville, and Portland OR. Contact me at David.Gaffin (at) gmail.com if you think you'd be a good fit.

Specifically, we have openings for entry and mid-level positions in research, consulting, marketing (actually sales), account management, and many others. Full listing of open positions https://corporate-advisory.icims.com/jobs/search?ss=1&searchLocation=&searchCategory= , and company PR and job description for Research Analyst below:

Overview:
Analyst
Strategic Research

Forbes: Ranked one of the 200 Best Small Companies, 2009
Vault.com: Listed among Top 50 Consulting Firms, 2009
Modern Healthcare: 2009 “Best Places to Work”
Finalist, Washington Business Journal's Business Philanthropy Awards, 2009
Modern Healthcare: Listed among the Largest Healthcare Management Consultants, 2009

About The Advisory Board Company
The Advisory Board Company (NASDAQ: ABCO) is a leading health care services firm providing best practices insight, leadership development, implementation and technology solutions. The company currently serves over 2,800 of the country's preeminent hospitals and health care systems as well as pharmaceutical and medical device companies and insurers. Our continually expanding business portfolio provides employees with significant opportunities for career development at an accelerated pace, while an employee-focused internal environment places emphasis on service ethic, spirit of generosity, team engagement, and continuous learning.

Position Info:
About the position
Strategic Research Analysts work in teams on research studies surfacing key challenges or opportunities facing hospitals and provide best (and worst) demonstrated practices in addressing these issues. The unique membership model allows research teams to directly interact with hospital executives, learning from their experiences and influencing change at member hospitals through presentation of key research findings.

Research studies can range anywhere from 1-9 months in duration, and typically culminate in a two-day summit where research findings and insights are presented to healthcare executives. Most recent studies have addressed topics such as the Emergency Department capacity crisis, the growing burden of bad debt in hospitals, evaluating the latest clinical technologies, implementing electronic medical records, and the nursing shortage. Finally, these studies are published and shared with other hospital leaders via web-based teleconferences. Analysts are actively involved throughout the entire research cycle—from conception, to research interviews, to analysis and creation of presentation materials. Working in teams provides analysts a great opportunity to learn from peers and to take on more challenging responsibilities as they mature in their roles.

Analyst Responsibilities
Analysts work on two to four research studies per year, with job responsibilities varying according to the stage in the study cycle. Across each research cycle, the analyst will typically be expected to accomplish the following objectives:
Collaborate on research agenda setting
Conduct in-depth interviews with senior healthcare executives
Document and analyze findings from primary and secondary research
Reduce industry challenges to root cause problems
Identify and critique best practice strategies and solutions
Develop innovative frameworks for presentation of findings
Contribute to creation of presentation materials
Potentially analyze and build market calculators and financial models

As analysts become more experienced, they assume broader responsibilities, including management of member relationships, providing “thought leadership” and creativity, and even serving as “in-house experts” on various topics.

The analyst position offers significant growth and rapid promotion potential, as well as opportunities to take on other roles within our growing firm. The Advisory Board is a true meritocracy, with pace of advancement within the firm based on an analyst’s performance, capabilities and ambition.

Qualifications:
Basic Qualifications:
Bachelor’s Degree
Excellent academic record
0-4 years of experience
Experience with at least one of the following:
Conducting long-term research (at least 3 months in duration)
Conducting primary and secondary research
Demonstrated interest in health care
Writing in-depth reports in an academic or professional setting

Ideal Qualifications:
Experience working in a team environment, as well as independently and autonomously
Proven ability to communicate effectively with senior executives
Experience conducting root-cause analysis
Demonstrated experience meeting deadlines
Experience with solution focused problem solving and thinking through problems creatively

Benefits: Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, The Advisory Board Company offers a competitive benefits package, including a comprehensive health plan, a 401(k) plan, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, a daytime leave policy for community service, a medical flexible spending account, and additional attractive benefits.

An Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005
For everyone who emailed me, it's going to be a very a busy week, but I WILL get back to you soon.

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005

Cast_No_Shadow posted:

Sounds like a dream job for me, even fit the required qualifications etc. Shame I'm 3000 miles away in the wrong direction. Out of interest though what's an approximation of the pay scale in DC for that sort of job?

I won't get into compensation here because it's untoward, but there are websites for that.

And most candidates get a pretty accommodating relocation allotment if that's the issue.

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005

vandelay industries posted:

There are a few jobs I would be perfect for. Are you aware of how they treat international applicants? I am from Canada.

I'm sure there's all the usual hurdles to jump through, but I work directly alongside people from New Zealand, Australia, Jordan and India, plus checking our directory there's a couple of people from Toronto, and at least one from Ottawa. They might all be married to US citizens or something, but I doubt it. Shouldn't be a problem. Feel free to shoot me an email.

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005
Has everyone who responded to my posting for jobs at the Advisory Board Company heard back from me or had their interview scheduled/completed? I think some people's messages/resumes may have been lost or just forgotten, and I don't want to leave anyone who was interested hanging.

Send me another email at david.gaffin(at)gmail(dot)com to get this sorted.

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005
Posted several times before, but our HR department just sent out an email to everyone at my company highlighting open positions and asking for referrals. So, for your consideration, I present the massive list of job openings for the healthcare consulting firm, The Advisory Board Company where I work, across our different business units and offices. Contact me at david.gaffin (at) gmail.com and please put "Something Awful" somewhere in the subject so I can easily keep track of the emails I get, and indicate which positions(s) you're interested in so I can tell you more about them.

There are roles available in the areas of Research, New Product Development, Member Services, Technology/IT, and Consulting/Implementation. Positions are in the cities of Washington DC, Ann Arbor MI, Chicago IL, Austin TX, San Francisco CA, and more, plus the opportunity to work remotely (where indicated). Asterisks (*) have been placed next to roles suitable for Spring 2011 graduates.

Research and New Product Development Roles Available at The Advisory Board Company

Content/Research
  • Analyst, Health Care Syndicated Research (Washington, DC)(*)
    Analysts work in teams on studies surfacing key challenges or opportunities facing hospitals and provide best (and worst) demonstrated practices in addressing these issues. The unique membership model allows research teams to directly interact with hospital executives, learning from their experiences and influencing change at member hospitals through presentation of key research findings. Analysts work on two to four research studies per year, with job responsibilities varying according to the stage in the study cycle. The analyst position offers significant growth and rapid promotion potential, as well as opportunities to take on other roles within our growing firm.

General Candidate Profile: Interested individuals must be intellectually curious with a strong work ethic, solid interpersonal skills, and clear, concise, logical writing skills. Candidates must demonstrate creativity and persistence, excellent problem-solving and brainstorming skills, and flexibility and comfort with ambiguity and change in project direction. Qualifications also include demonstrated success in a rigorous academic and work environment.

• Research Associate, The Expert Center (Washington, DC)(*)
    Research Associates in the Expert Center identify key best practice research tactics and craft timely responses to member requests informed by Senior Leadership within Syndicated. As Research Associates become more experienced, they assume broader responsibilities, including management of member relationships and serving as “in-house experts” on various topics.

General Candidate Profile: Bachelors degree with excellent academic record and experience conducting primary and secondary research, analyzing business issues and demonstrated interest in health care. Prefer a minimum of three months work or internship experience.

• Analyst, Talent Development Partnerships
    The Talent Development Partnerships division (also known as the Academies) is looking for an Analyst to conduct research on key leadership, business and hospital operations topics to be covered in classroom training sessions, web-conferences, and independent study modules for health care leaders.

General Candidate Profile: Bachelors degree with excellent academic record and experience conducting primary and secondary research, analyzing business issues and demonstrated interest in health care. Prefer a minimum of three months work or internship experience.

• Consultant, International Strategic Research (Washington, DC)
    Consultants work closely with Advisory Board International’s (ABI) Managing director on both original research and tailoring existing research studies surfacing key challenges or opportunities facing hospitals in the US and overseas and provide best (and worst) demonstrated practices in addressing these issues. The unique membership model allows research teams to directly interact with hospital executives from all over the world, learning from their experiences and influencing change at member hospitals through presentation of key research findings.

New Product Development
  • Associate Principal, Corporate Development (Washington DC)
    The Associate Principal will support and quickly have a leadership role in the development, analysis, communication, recommendation, and execution of acquisitions, licenses and partnerships.

• Associate Director, Business Development (Washington, DC)
    The Associate Director will work directly with Advisory Board senior executive team to source and execute acquisition, partnership, and investment transactions to support the company’s long-term strategic direction.

• Analyst, New Product Development(*)
    New Product Development is responsible for defining the firm’s growth strategy and developing new products and services -- organically or via partnerships and acquisitions. As part of a small team, Analysts will help lead the research, development, and launch of multiple new product or partnership opportunities: Identify and size market opportunities, Define potential product concepts, Conduct rigorous market testing, Assess competitive pressures, Develop pro-forma analyses, Assist in product development or partner due diligence efforts, Play a key role in initial sales and implementation activities

General Candidate Profile: Interested individuals must be intellectually curious with a strong work ethic, solid interpersonal skills, and clear, concise, logical writing skills. Candidates must demonstrate creativity and persistence, excellent problem-solving and brainstorming skills, and flexibility and comfort with ambiguity and change in project direction. Qualifications also include demonstrated success in a rigorous academic and work environment.

Delivery Implementation and Consulting Roles Available at The Advisory Board Company

Business Intelligence
Due to the tremendous success of our business intelligence offerings, we are looking for individuals who have worked in any/all aspects of the healthcare information systems space from client service to training, engineering and consulting. For some positions, a focus in health care is not a requirement as long as candidates have the requisite attributes or IT related experience. Below are several of the key positions within the Business Intelligence franchises.
  • Business Intelligence Delivery
    Dedicated Advisor (Washington, DC and Austin, TX)
    Dedicated Advisors are the primary relationship managers for our business intelligence clients and play the lead role in managing project timelines and ensuring that clients generate significant value from their partnership with the Advisory Board. DAs work to customize the business intelligence toolset used to transform hospital data into easy-to-use dashboards, reports and ad-hoc analyses.

General Candidate Profile: Ideal candidates will possess 3 to 5 years of professional experience focused in hospital operations and/or health care consulting.

• Business Analyst (Washington, DC and Austin, TX)
    The Business Analyst will play a lead role in ensuring that clients are successfully ‘on-boarded’ and can realize immediate value from our Business Intelligence tools. The Business Analyst will integrate and transform hospital data into easy-to-use dashboards and reports that, in turn, help illustrate performance improvement opportunities.

General Candidate Profile: Ideal candidates will possess strong project and client management skills, quantitative analysis experience and familiarity with relational databases, as well as solid communication skills.

• Crimson Project Manager (Austin, TX)
    Project Managers will play an integral role in ensuring that clients are successfully ‘on-boarded’ and can realize immediate value from their technology solution. Project Managers will also be responsible for creating and refining processes to streamline implementations for Crimson clients. Working in a new and growing division of Crimson (Accountable Care), Project Managers will be integral to the success of Crimson implementations at member organizations.

General Candidate Profile: Ideal candidates will have experience with both client and project management, experience working with analytic tools (Excel, SQL, Access, SAP) and demonstrable analytical reasoning. Comfort building processes and partnering to create solutions on a growing team also a plus.

Concuity
Concuity seeks to impact hospitals’ bottom line performance by delivering targeted revenue recovery solutions that ensure accurate claims reimbursement, improve workflow and payment collection, streamline contract negotiations, optimize cash flow and profitability, and ensure accurate implementation and compliance. Concuity’s rich health care knowledge and market-focused technology solutions and services empower hospitals to identify and then eliminate systemic issues that cause revenue inefficiencies. The result is a significant return on investment with long term sustainable improvement in revenue and profitability.
  • Dedicated Advisor (Vernon Hills, IL)
    The Dedicated Advisor is the primary relationship manager for the Concuity membership and is focused on ensuring members utilize the technology tools effectively. In particular, the Dedicated Advisor is responsible for ensuring that members derive measurable value from their partnership and are satisfied with the technology. As a critical member of the team, the Dedicated Advisor defines operational processes for the program and is also responsible for broader program and product management initiatives.

General Candidate Profile: We are looking for someone with 2 or more years of experience in revenue cycle management or revenue cycle management consulting, previous project management experience, experience working with clients in a consultative role, and willingness to travel up to 50%.

H*Works Consulting
  • Director, Supply Chain Management (Washington, DC; remote arrangements possible)
    H*Works, a division of the Advisory Board, consults with hospitals to achieve best-practice performance in mission critical operational and strategic areas. H*Works supports hospitals in their change efforts with the support of the Advisory Board’s best practice research and implementation methodology. The Director will participate in and lead client teams in supporting health care organizations through reengineering efforts, presenting best practice research, collecting data, facilitating discussions to select strategies, and guiding through to successful installation.

General Candidate Profile: The ideal candidate will have 4+ years of professional experience, including previous experience within the health care field and supply chain management. Prior consulting and client management experience is preferred.

Technology Roles Available at The Advisory Board Company

Information Systems
  • Salesforce Senior Administrator/Business Analyst, Information Systems (Washington, DC)
    The Salesforce Business Analyst will be a process focused, detail oriented individual with excellent analytical skills who works closely with the business and various IT teams to deliver business aligned CRM solutions. This person will serve an integral part of the implementation process and ongoing administration of salesforce.com.

General Candidate Profile: Candidate will possess at least 3 years of CRM experience with Salesforce.com technologies and is able to communicate technical and business requirements across multiple levels.

BI Technology
  • Crimson Software Engineer and Senior Software Engineer (Austin, TX)
    Software engineers serve as a vital part of the development team responsible for designing and developing web applications and web application components to support the Crimson product lines. Working with our Austin-based Crimson team, these individuals will partner with geographically diverse teams to drive the product forward, conduct code reviews, and aid in solution development.

General Candidate Profile: Ideal candidates will have experience in web application development in an Agile environment. Experience coding in .Net is preferred, but Crimson happily considers those with experience in a variety of other languages.

• Crimson Product Manager- Director Level (Austin, TX)
    Product managers within Crimson manage the overall product lifecycle: setting the strategic vision and product roadmap based on extensive market research and testing, defining requirements, and collaborating with engineers to design, implement, test, and refine enhancements. They will work in collaborative, cross-departmental teams to translate vision into a product roadmap that balances market needs with internal resources; communicate progress against roadmap across the organization.

General Candidate Profile: Ideal candidates will possess 5+ years commercial product management experience. Commercial products in the healthcare space a plus.

• Crimson Quality Assurance Manager and Quality Assurance Lead (Austin, TX)
    Crimson is growing an Austin-based Quality Assurance team. Partnering with a development automation testers in Chennai, India, QA Leads will be primarily responsible for the design, implementation, execution, and issue resolution around automated QA tools, frameworks, and processes to help assure successful, high quality, high performance, and on-time deliveries of Crimson applications. The QA Manager will be responsible for managing a team consisting of QA engineers and development automation engineers who are charged with helping ensure successful, high quality, high performance, and on-time deliveries of Crimson applications.

General Candidate Profile: Ideal candidates should have experience and an automated test environment and understanding of web application architecture. QA Managers should have hands on experience and experience managing QA teams.

• Product Analyst and Product Manager (Washington, DC)
    As part of the Product Management team focusing on The Advisory Board’s Business Intelligence technology products, Product Analysts and Product Managers will own one to three products and help lead the research and development of product roadmaps, including testing and launching multiple new product enhancements and modules. Typical projects might include identifying and sizing market opportunities, working with cross functional teams to define product vision, conducting market testing, performing in-depth competitive analysis of other product offerings, assisting with product development and requirements design, and serving as a liaison to business and technology partners.

General Candidate Profile: The ideal candidate will have 2+ years experience within information technology, consulting or product management, possess analytical reasoning, ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical teams, proven experience managing projects and meeting milestones and exceptional problem solving abilities.

• Senior Software Engineer (Washington, DC)
    BI Technology is currently seeking several senior level Software Engineers who have experience working with Oracle and J2EE or .NET and SQL in developing scalable commercial web applications. We seek Engineers who have experience using, teaching and improving agile development methodologies to join this growing team.

General Candidate Profile: 8 + years of professional IT experience; Bachelor’s degree; Experience working in an; Agile environment; 5+ years of Java/J2EE or .NET programming experience; 3+ years of database application or ETL development; Web development experience in Struts, JSF, similar framework; 3+ years of UNIX development experience; Experience with OOD, UML modeling tools and the use of design patterns.

• Technical Lead/Architect (Washington, DC)
    The Technical Lead/Architect will be a critical member of the Advisory Board's technology team and will be deeply involved in the full product life cycle of multiple applications and the supporting data architecture. Specific Responsibilities Include: working with business team to get clarification on business requirements and provide effective technical designs aligning with industry best practices; driving the design and implementation of scalable, high performing and robust applications delivered using a Software as a Service (SaaS) model; ensuring a high level of quality through design and implementation of unit testing, system integration testing and load testing.

General Candidate Profile: Candidate requirements include: Bachelor’s Degree; Minimum of 12 years of professional IT experience; experience working in an Agile environment; at least 8 years of Java/J2EE or .NET programming experience; at least 8 years of database application or ETL development; web development experience in Struts, JSF, similar framework; at least 5 years of UNIX development and experience with OOD, UML modeling tools and the use of design patterns.

• Technical Project Manager (Washington, DC)
    Specific responsibilities for the Technical Project Manager include: determining project approach, staffing, responsibilities, and schedule; creating and managing project plans, risk mitigation plans, communication plans, resource requirements, project costs and all other project management-related documentation; defining team member roles and expectations; ensuring all members of team are engaged and purposefully utilized; provide timely feedback; and managing relationships and coordinating work between vendors, sub-contractors, and different teams at different locations.

General Candidate Profile: Bachelor's degree or 8+ years work experience in the IT field; 3+ years of staff management experience; 2+ years experience as a Project Manager developing technology applications; Experience working with technical and non-technical resources and experience managing in an agile development process.

• User Interface Developer (Washington, DC)
    The User Experience Team seeks a well-rounded front-end developer to help create the presentation layer of compelling web-based applications through intuitive workflows & beautiful interactions. Working closely as a liaison between UX Designers and .NET Developers the User Interface Developer will bring enterprise software designs to life. As modules and features are prototyped the User Interface Developer will help identify technical challenges and recommend innovative solutions. They will convert production mockups to quality XHTML/CSS/JavaScript - coordinating with other developers to implement front-end features. Most importantly will be instrumental in advocating front-end best practices across a growing development team that is building multiple healthcare web applications.

General Candidate Profile: 3+ years of professional work experience in a software development organization; 4+ years of professional work experience with XHTML, JavaScript, & CSS; Professional experience cropping & optimizing production artwork using one of the following design tools: Photoshop, Illustrator, or Fireworks

Cielo
Cielo, a newly acquired division of the Advisory Board Company, is a provider of healthcare software and Web applications focused on clinical quality management. The company's flagship product, Cielo ClinicTM, is a web-based software-as-a-service (SaaS) application that uniquely integrates a patient registry, clinical decision support, e-prescribing, population management and care management functionality to let ambulatory care providers proactively improve, document and report on clinical care. Cielo Clinic is used by care providers across the country to support initiatives such as patient-centered medical homes, pay-for-performance programs, clinical integration, quality improvement and clinical scorecarding.

• Software Engineer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    The Software Engineer designs, develops, and maintains health care IT products within our line of SaaS solutions. Working in small project teams that may include a UX designer/developer, DBA, and QA engineer, the Software Engineer will design, code, test, and debug server-side M-V-C controllers, database queries and Web Service interfaces, as well as participate in the integration of Cielo solutions with other IT systems.

General Candidate Profile: We are looking for someone with 2 years of web application development experience using object-oriented programming languages.

• Director, Implementation Services (Ann Arbor, MI)
    The Director, Implementation Services is a key leadership position responsible for providing strategic leadership and daily operational management in the areas of implementation services, member support, and technical services for Cielo’s and the firm’s continually expanding product portfolio addressing member challenges in clinical quality management. In addition the Director, Implementation Services is responsible for developing and implementing a portfolio of new service offerings that will drive service revenue and enhance member satisfaction. In this role, the Director, Implementation Services works closely with key member (client) groups, technical and product management staff, sales and new product development as well as the firm’s executive team.

General Candidate Profile: We are looking for someone with 8 or more years of experience in a client/customer interfacing role, demonstrated leadership experience in a senior-level software implementation and support role, a successful track record as a manager of people, and strong communication skills.

• Technical Business Analyst (Ann Arbor, MI)
    The Technical Business Analyst works collaboratively in a small start-up team to manage our software as a service hardware platform, as well as implement and support member installations of Cielo products and services.

General Candidate Profile: We are looking for someone with 2 years of experience in a client/customer interfacing role, experience with system administration of Linux and Windows and experience with web and database server installation, configuration and maintenance.

• User Experience Designer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Cielo’s User Experience Designer helps create compelling web-based applications for healthcare providers. The UX Designer redefines the experience of business intelligence through simple workflows, intuitive interactions, and clean progressive design aesthetic.

General Candidate Profile: We are looking for someone with 4 years of work experience in a visual design role, demonstrated expertise in Photoshop or Fireworks, and a strong portfolio of visual design work.

Member Services and Commercial Roles Available at The Advisory Board Company

Speaking and Facilitation

Talent Development
  • Faculty Member and Leadership Consultants
    Faculty Consultants work across the full spectrum of Academies. To help partners meet their objectives, Faculty Consultants serve as experts in the research, the services, and the transformative strategies that the Academies provide to our partners.

General Candidate Profile: Ideal candidates have familiarity or experience with strategic, managerial and operational issues facing health care institutions; are willing to travel up to 100%; and possess proven ability to present, facilitate, and teach senior-level audiences.

• Physician Faculty Member and Leadership Consultant
    The Physician Faculty Consultant also work across the full spectrum of Academies, but will work most closely with physician audiences including occasional weekend (Friday-Saturday) “Physician Boot Camps” and other special events for doctors.

General Candidate Profile: Ideal candidates are MDs, willing to travel up to 100%; and with proven ability to present, facilitate, and teach senior-level audiences.

Educational Services
  • Doctor of Medicine and National Meeting Speaker (Anywhere in the U.S.)
    We are currently seeking a Senior Director, Educational Services for the Health Care Advisory Board program. The Senior Director will deliver presentations that serve as the centerpiece for meetings and executive retreats at our member hospitals across the United States. In these sessions, the Advisory Board speakers present the frontier market trends within the relevant terrain and introduce new (and often controversial) practices. Bringing exceptional facility in scripted and extemporaneous speaking, as well as meeting facilitation, our staff create interactive forums in which health care leaders can debate our work and learn from each other.

General Candidate Profile: Ideal candidates are MDs, willing to travel up to 100%, with at least five years’ experience both in the practice of medicine and in leading presentations and discussions with professional audiences; with proven ability to demonstrate presentation, facilitation, and teaching skills

• National Meeting Speaker, Health Care Advisory Board (Anywhere in the U.S.)
    We are currently seeking a Director, Educational Services for the Health Care Advisory Board program. Directors deliver presentations that serve as the centerpiece for meetings and executive retreats at our member hospitals across the United States. In these sessions, the Advisory Board speakers present the frontier market trends within the relevant terrain and introduce new (and often controversial) practices. Bringing exceptional facility in scripted and extemporaneous speaking, as well as meeting facilitation, our staff create interactive forums in which health care leaders can debate our work and learn from each other.

General Candidate Profile: Ideal candidates have familiarity or experience with strategic, managerial and operational issues facing health care institutions; at least five years’ experience in leading presentations and discussions with professional audiences; ability to demonstrate presentation, facilitation, and teaching skills; and are willing to travel up to 100%.

• Director, Member Education, Education Advisory Board:
    The Director of Member Education, a newly created role for the Education Advisory Board, will be responsible for four critical activities: delivering best practice research presentations at annual member meetings and to audiences onsite at member universities; facilitating interactive working sessions at member universities to help with implementation of our best practice research; providing content expertise to support our marketing and account management teams; developing outreach strategies for deepening the exposure of our content to appropriate constituencies within member institutions, especially via the web.

General Candidate Profile: Ideal candidates are willing to travel, have experience in higher education administration, proven ability to build relationships with senior-level executives, and exceptional presentation and facilitation skills.

Marketing and New Business Development
  • Associate Director, Business Intelligence (Washington, DC; Remote Arrangements Possible)
    The Associate Directors (AD) of Compass Business Intelligence (BI) marketing plays a pivotal part in supporting the division’s continued growth. In this role, AD’s develop and execute strategic plans to sell new programs and existing Compass BI services, meet regularly with executive-level teams, and manage the sales process through the attainment of quarterly and annual revenue goals.

General Candidate Profile: 3 to 10 years of experience. Strong relationship, communication and presentation skills, service ethic, tenacity, and attachment to goals are common attributes.

• Associate Director, Membership Franchise (Washington, DC; Remote Arrangements Possible)
    Associate Directors market The Advisory Board's health care and higher education research programs, Academies, and Business Intelligence services to prospective members and secure new member and client relationships for the firm. In this entrepreneurial role, ADs are responsible for driving the acquisition of new business within an assigned territory through a consultative selling process in which they build relationships with senior executives to market Advisory Board membership programs.

General Candidate Profile: 2 to 10 years of experience. Strong relationship, communication and presentation skills, service ethic, tenacity, and attachment to goals are common attributes.

• Consultant, Sales and Marketing (Washington, DC; Remote Arrangements Possible)
    Working in close collaboration with the sales team, Consultants serve as product experts before, during and after Marketing visits. They develop of a deep understanding of our tools and terrains where we’re focused and provide anecdotes and technical expertise throughout the sales process. Consultants also help to assess the positioning of the product, inform new functionalities and modules based on market feedback and develop collateral for sales pursuits.

General Candidate Profile: At least 5 years of experience in customer facing roles where they have development strong presentation skills and knowledge of health care or business intelligence technologies.

• Marketing Associate (Washington, DC; San Francisco, CA; London, UK)(*)
    An entry-level position, the Marketing Associate in Health Care Member Services will be responsible for day-to-day interaction with our prospective members in the health care practice. The Marketing Associate plays a major role in the business development process, from initial contact with a prospect to facilitating momentum of a positive decision toward membership.

General Candidate Profile: Candidates should have a Bachelor’s Degree, outstanding academic record, and strong communication and organizational skills.

Account Management
  • Executive Advisor, Core Account Management (Washington, DC)
    Executive Advisors are responsible for crafting a member service and renewal strategy across some of the firm’s most important members while cultivating a relationship with the broader hospital executive team.

General Candidate Profile: Demonstrated knowledge of health care terrain, proven experience managing multiple and competing priorities, ability to meet financial goals and willingness to travel at least 50%.

• Associate, Business Intelligence Account Management (Washington, DC)(*)
    The AMA is an integral part of the relationship management team that interacts with member institutions on a daily basis in order to provide service and secure membership renewals. The AMA supports the team in hitting aggressive renewal goals and ensuring that service strategies are carried out above and beyond expectations.

General Candidate Profile: Bachelor’s Degree, outstanding academic record, and strong communication and organizational skills

Some of ya'll better get hired. This took forever.

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005

Alvination posted:

Job Seeker

I've got a BA in Psychology and Masters in Industrial/Organizational Psychology. The job search has not been friendly to me with the only interview I have upcoming being a temp agency. I'd like to eventually get into management consulting, but that's difficult to get into so I'd work my way up the ladder. HR, org development positions, something like that I would love to do. I've got a couple of HR internships under my belt, my latest in a large hospital center.

Looking to stay around the Houston area, but willing to relocate if advancement and/or salary is good enough (preferably another big city; hate the small towns). Hell, I'll even take an internship in Houston if I can get my feet wet in consulting.

Email me. You can find my contact info/job info a couple of pages back. We're a consulting company for the healthcare industry, and have a team that focuses exclusively on human resource challenges for hospitals that I think you'd be perfect for. It is, however, in Washington DC.

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005

PoliSciGirl posted:

Job Seeker
Location: Philadelphia, Bucks County, Montgomery County, Central/South Jersey
Education: Masters of Science in Public Policy
BA in Political Science with minor in Religion
Experience: 8 years working on political campaigns, 2 years working for a high profile political non-profit, 1 year working in government relations, 2 years as a research assistant working on policy and business development
What i'm looking for: Looking for a position in development, policy, or government affairs

Please email me at pamelavasserman@gmail.com

Have any background in health policy? I've posted before, but I work for a healthcare/higher education/government research and consulting firm. We're based in DC, so it would also be a good waypoint if you're looking to explore opportunities on The Hill.

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005

ChadBroChill17 posted:

EDIT: Forgot one of the most important parts. While Epic offers fantastic pay for an entry-level position, the training that you receive while there is worth much more to health systems and consultants. You will have a 1 year non-compete when you leave Epic, but your first gig after the grace period is guaranteed to bring you well over 100k/yr. As soon as you finish certifications you will start to get headhunted on LinkedIn and other similar websites.

My company steals people from Epic left and right, so this is true. But we don't pay them nearly that much. They get to do pretty much the same job for a slight pay raise, but get to leave Wisconsin.

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005

Monocular posted:

Just got rejected from Epic myself :gbsmith: By all accounts they are great to work for though, you guys should definitely consider it.

Their loss could be my company's gain. Here's a list of our openings for our technology segment, which is very similar to Epic: link

Send me an email: david.gaffin (at) gmail.com if you're interested in these or other positions. (All openings)

Open invitation for anyone else to email me as well. Definitely hit me up rather than just apply online, since you're way more likely to get an interview through a direct referral than a resume black hole.

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005
Again, if EPIC doesn't want you, WE DO. I've gotten several goons interviews in the past, so don't be shy!

Our website: Link
Our list of openings: Link 2.0

Open positions in Washington DC, San Francisco, Chicago, Nashville, Austin, Ann Arbor, and London that run the gamut from research, sales, software engineering, marketing, consulting, software implementation, and more!

Again, my email is david.gaffin (at) gmail (dot) com. Put SomethingAwful or SA in the subject so I can keep track!

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005

remistus posted:

Job Seeker

Education: B.A. Psychology from Emory University

Experience: 1.5 Years Compensation and Data Analysis, Business Analysis, Benefits Administration, and Project Management

Looking for: Associate or maybe entry-level analyst positions in Compensation/Benefits, Business Analysis, or Financial Analysis. Project Management would be cool too. Consulting-type jobs are preferred but I'm down with corporate HR work as well. I've got extensive excel experience and have developed proprietary metrics for my company for HR analysis-type stuff. I also have SQL/Access experience and can learn just about any piece of software you put in front of me really quickly.

Not looking for: Strict sales-type work, clerical work, data entry work.

Availability: I can start two weeks from accepting an offer if it's local. Might take a week or two more if I have to relocate.

Contact me: bpdaum AT gmail DOT com

Interested? https://corporate-advisory.icims.com/jobs/5992/job

My email is three posts up.

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005

stayp posted:

Job Seeker

Education:: B.A. English at the University of Maryland with an interest in Rhetoric

Experience:: Two years building two service-oriented university programs from the ground up. Spearheaded branding, communications, public relations, marketing, advertising, and technical/creative writing. Two years with event planning and coordination for 1,500+ attendees as well.

Note: I enjoy solving all problems, logistical and creative. When I did these projects, what I loved most was doing research and finding the most efficient (work and cost related) ways of getting what we needed done. I am also great at presenting my findings and giving presentations as well. I'm big on not wasting time, especially others', so I keep a tight ship when it comes to group projects.

Looking for: Entry-level research or analyst positions, preferably media/sociology related. Anything related to this field. My experiences directly apply to Marketing/PR/Advertising endeavors, too.

Not looking for: Retail and sales.

Availability: Immediate!

Based on your experience with student organizations, finding best practices, and presentation, I think you might be a good fit for this: Analyst, Higher Education Research

Based in DC, you'd be on a research team writing books on topics like this or custom research papers like this

Hit me up if you're interested; my email is a few posts up. They're pretty particular about who they hire, but I think you'd have an excellent shot.

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005
My HR department just posted a MASSIVE set of new job listing for employees to pass along to the world. I've solicited here before, and many goons have gotten first, second, and third round interviews, as well as a handful who have been extended offers, proving once and for all that they have desirable skills beyond being snarky on the internet.

In short, I work for The Advisory Board Company, a Research, Consulting and Technology firm that serves the healthcare and higher education industries.

We have openings across multiple functions at multiple levels, including entry-level positions available for recent 2011 and 2012 grads.

Send me an email at david.gaffin at gmail dot com if you'd like to know more about any of the positions below. Please mention Something Awful in the subject heading so I don't lose track of you. Also, if you want to apply for a position after reading more about it on our careers web page, PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION. If I refer you before your application is reviewed, you're guaranteed a first-round interview and if you're hired, I get a sweet bonus which I will spend lavishly.

Legal
Senior Security Analyst (Washington, DC)
Counsel (Washington, DC)

Administration
Marketing Associate, Marketing and New Business Development (Washington, DC; San Francisco, CA; London, UK)
Revenue Associate, Member Services Operations (Washington, DC)
Compensation Analyst, Finance/Member Services Operations (Washington, DC)

Talent Development
Faculty Member and Leadership Consultant (Anywhere in the U.S.)
Physician Faculty Member and Leadership Consultant (Anywhere in the U.S.)

Ed Services
National Meeting Speaker (Anywhere in the U.S.)
Doctor of Medicine and National Meeting Speaker (Anywhere in the U.S.)

Research and Insights
Research Analyst/Senior Analyst/Consultant (Washington, DC)
Data Analyst, Data & Analytics Group (Washington, DC)
Senior Analyst, Advisory Board Survey Solutions (Washington, DC)

Information Systems
Audiovisual Coordinator, Information Systems (Washington, DC)
Salesforce Administrator, Information Systems (Washington, DC)
Salesforce Developer, Information Systems (Washington, DC)
Network Engineer, Information Systems (Washington, DC)
Systems Analyst, Information Systems (Washington, DC)

Member Services
Associate Director, Marketing and New Business Development (Washington, DC; Remote Arrangements Possible)
Consultant, Sales and Marketing (Washington, DC; Remote Arrangements Possible)
Account Executive, Core Account Management/Marketing and New Business Development (Washington, DC)
Senior Director or Director Sales/New Business Development for Clinical Integration (Nashville, TN preferred; Washington DC; Remote Arrangements Possible)
Director of Practice Operations (Anywhere in the U.S.)

Delivery and Implementation
Business Analyst, PIC Implementation/Delivery (PIC/Concuity; Vernon Hills, IL)
Dedicated Advisor, PIC Implementation/Delivery (PIC/Concuity; Vernon Hills, IL)
Dedicated Advisor, Crimson (Washington, DC; Austin, TX)
Business Analyst/Implementation Consultant, Crimson (Austin, TX)
Director of Implementation Services, Crimson (Austin, TX)
Program Manager, Crimson (Austin, TX)
Project Manager, Crimson (Austin, TX)
Senior Business Intelligence Analyst, Crimson (Austin, TX)
Director/Senior Director, Organizational Planning and Operations, Crimson (Austin, TX)
Infrastructure/Systems Engineer, Crimson (Austin, TX)
Cohort Lead, Crimson (Washington, DC)
Product Analyst, Optilink (Portland, OR)
Technical Support Engineer, Optilink (Portland, OR)
Clinical Consultant, Optilink (Portland, OR)

Technology
Product Management (various levels), Crimson (Austin, TX; Ann Arbor, MI)
Technical Lead/Architect (Java/J2EE), Performance Technologies Development (Washington, DC)
Technical Project Manager, Performance Technologies Development (Washington, DC)
Front-End Developer (UI), Performance Technologies Development (Washington, DC)
Senior Software Engineer, Performance Technologies Development (Washington, DC)
Director, Product Management, Crimson (Austin, TX)
Product Analyst, Crimson (Austin, TX)
User Experience Developer, Crimson (Austin, TX; Ann Arbor, MI)
User Experience Designer, Crimson (Austin, TX)
Senior Software Engineer, Crimson (Austin, TX)
Software Engineer, Crimson (Austin, TX; Ann Arbor, MI)
Software Engineering Manager, Crimson (Austin, TX)
Quality Assurance Lead, Crimson (Austin, TX)

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005
I've gotten all your messages, but it's Thanksgiving, so it'll be a couple of days before I can reply in full.

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005

TheKING posted:

Experience:
My CS experience is mostly academic at this point. I have supported myself the last 5 years by playing online poker while living abroad. While people may prefer to see work experience, I can assure you what I did is very telling of competence. Most people who play poker lose money in the long run (I heard 85% and that sounds about right), while I was able make a decent living off of it. The poker world is too narrow to plan a future on, and too volatile right now with government crackdowns, so I've decided it's time to move on.

Just some friendly advice here: I wouldn't try to defend a half-decade jaunt into gambling that is now untenable because of law enforcement as "very telling of competence". Instead it sounds telling of risky decision-making and ethical equivocation. That's not the impression you want to give potential employers, and it certainly doesn't merit more than a passing mention as a hobby on your CV (unless you're applying to work for an online poker website, or something). Also, don't diminish your CS experience as "mostly academic". Instead, try to embellish it more with project examples and the like, e.g. if you've ever created a website for yourself or a friend you can go ahead and call yourself a "Freelance Web Developer" and immediately sound more credible.

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005

William Munny posted:

Email sent!

If you're the one who asked about the Business Analyst ATX role, I got your email and will get back to you asap. If that's not you, then I didn't get it.

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005

AesirKnight posted:

Job Seeker

Would you be interested in research/consulting for the higher education or healthcare industries (based in DC)?

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005

walrusonthehill posted:

I sent you an email a while back and didn't get a response. Should I send another?

Really? I didn't think I'd left anyone hanging. Sorry! Yes, please do.

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005

Jet Ready Go posted:

I shot you an email a couple days back, it doesnt seem like you've received it? Or has the emails been piling up? Email was Subject "Goon seeking Job"

Yep, I got it. Sorry haven't replied yet. Super busy week. I'll get back to you later this weekend or early next week.

Same goes for walrus.

Wereox posted:

DC Metro area

Jobs!

Anything there tickle your fancy? We're a healthcare, higher education, and government research/consulting/technology firm. We do everything from clinical to operational to philanthropic research, publish books and white papers, develop analytical tools from massive data sets, design and implement systems for tracking organizational efficiency and quality, and more. Based in DC.

I've posted my email in the thread before if you're interested. Shouldn't be hard to find.

bam thwok fucked around with this message at 18:30 on May 5, 2012

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005
Is there anyone who sent me an email that I haven't replied to yet? Or anyone who hasn't heard from me for a suspicious amount of time?

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005

MJBuddy posted:

Sent an e-mail a while back. MJMelanc address

Sorry, busy couple of weeks followed by vacation. I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005

Alucard posted:

I also sent an email about a month ago. I can resend if you want (title was SA BFC: Advisory Board and PhD Biochemists?)

Please do. Same goes for anyone else I've neglected.

In the meantime, my HR department just pushed out a new list of openings that they specifically want us to blast out to our social networks (or internet strangers, whatever).

In short, I work for The Advisory Board Company. We're a Healthcare, Government, and Higher Education research and technology company. We have divisions that span academic-style research and publication, on-the-ground engagement-based consulting, technical development and IT infrastructure support/delivery, education, and more. Openings are available across a wide swath of industries and roles, so there's almost definitely something for you.

Located in Washington DC, Nashville, Austin, Chicago, SF, London, and Chennai, India, we offer competitive salary and benefits. We also have a competitive interview process too, and typically recruit from the nation's top undergrad universities, masters programs, and business schools.

Below is a link to the available listings. Send me a message at david.gaffin (at) gmail.com with questions, comments, or your resume. Only a resume is needed to participate in our referrals program, and if you get the job, I get a bonus. Go forth, and be employable.

https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=13uU02twF-mXIMHowp7EzCppXNPpIPfA70ecA2lpkN4A

Edit: I a word

bam thwok fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Jun 25, 2012

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005

bam thwok posted:

Sorry, busy couple of weeks followed by vacation. I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

I've been a great big jerk-face to everyone who has emailed me in the past few weeks. But guess what? I'm on vacation next week slumming it at my parents house with nothing to do but answer emails. If you sent me a resume or had questions about the job postings for my company and I didn't get back to you or replied cursorily, please send me an email again to reiterate your interest and I will definitely get back to you early next week with gusto.

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005

Super Delegate posted:

Job Seeker

Location: Looking to move to the DC metro area (Currently in CT)
Education: BA in Economics
Experience: ~2 years experience with SQL Server: Data Specialist and Business Analyst. I currently focus on reporting and ETLs
Looking for: I'm looking for a job as an Analyst, SQL Developer, or DBA
Availability: ASAP
Requirements: Full-time or 1 year contract-to-hire
Contact Me: PM or email J@J89.net

Boy, have I got just the thing for you:

https://corporate-advisory.icims.com/jobs/6709/business-analyst%252c-performance-technologies-%2528revenue-cycle%2529/job

I've posted my email address in this thread before. I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible.

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005

|Ziggy| posted:

Were you still doing this? I referred someone to your posts and they said they haven't heard back.

Yes, and I think I know the email you're talking about (NL?). I've been really bad about keeping up. I'll reply soon.

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005

Dr. Spiderman posted:

Job Opening

Bay Area, CA

I work at a small medical practice just outside of San Francisco and am posting on behalf of the owners. The office recently changed hands right before I was hired and the previous owners were old school, as in everything was done on paper. Up until a week ago there wasn't a single computer in the building. I'm not a lawyer but the paper-only system was definitely unethical if not outright illegal; who knows the effect of what I can only assume were many mistakes and clerical errors.

I don't have a technical background so this post might be a bit vague but we need someone with a computer science background to come in and essentially create and set up everything. Patient databases, an appointment check-in interface, networking, hell, they don't even have a website. The position would basically be Computer Person in the eyes of the owners.

The job would be freelance work for the first few months while everything is implemented and tested, and afterwards it would be a salaried position where you'd be on call for when problems arise but won't have to come into the office every day. Basic IT stuff.

PM for details, being the most tech literate in the office I'll try to clarify what is needed as best I can.

You'll probably want to add that you need someone who understands HIPAA, understands who falls under and how to meet obligations for meaningful use, et al. Patient medical record and appointment systems are serious business, much more so than just digitization.

I am not that person.

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005

Sarcophallus posted:

Job Seeker

Location: Prefer Washington D.C, or CA, but willing to move anywhere in the Continental US.

Education: B.S. in Computer Science completed this May.

Experience: Will be 1 year of research experience by the time I graduate. Adept with Java, C, C++, C#, MATLAB and relational databases using SQL, PL/SQL and MySQL. Dabbled in other stuff like OpenGL, LISP, PHP, Perl.

Requirements: Full-time, Salaried positions much preferred.

When I can start: Mid to late May, any time following my Graduation.

What I'm looking for: I'm not at a point where I'm picky about an industry, so I'm happy with anything from Health Care products to Game Development. With regard to the specific job, I'd prefer Software Development to Database Management/Administration, and don't have a particular tiering for things like data analysis or the wealth of other CS jobs.

Contact: Email! vehementus AT gmail - More than happy to provide a resume and other details.

Come work for us:

http://www.advisory.com/

In DC, with lot's of open positions in development, business analysis, UI design, etc. Let me know if you'd like a referral, and I'll shoot you an email to get your resume.

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005

kloa posted:

I applied for a position in Austin. Could you PM me your name if it comes up during a phone call who referred me? Or would it still be better to give you my resume rather than online?

Better to give me your resume so I can submit it. It'll make sure you get an interview too.

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005

MJBuddy posted:

I've tried to contact you in the past, but unfortunately I applied for a handful of ABC jobs yesterday before reading your post this time.

If I've missed an email from you, sorry!

It's not too late to reap a referral.

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Hey Bam, I emailed you last night but I think I forgot to include my username from here. I'm the guy begging for Systems analysis jobs.

Replied, I think.

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

I love how like five political science majors in a row post as "job seekers" with no reply and the computer science guy snatches something up like that.

And by love I mean "hate but feel sympathy for," since I was a freshly graduated English major not even a year ago. Thankfully I found something relevant to my degree that pays well and has benefits.

My company hires for liberal artsy fartsy research jobs too. I majored in Policy Analysis and Economics; for this job, they want smart people who can write and not poo poo themselves when asked to use Excel and Powerpoint. If you majored in Classics there's room for you here. Fair warning though, this department is a bit of an Ivy-league and Ivy-like club, as the one coworker in my department I know of who studied classics did so at Harvard.

https://corporate-advisory.icims.com/jobs/6886/job

edit: ah gently caress it, here's every open position we've got. Have at it goons. Send emails with your resume to gaffind at advisory.com.

https://corporate-advisory.icims.com/jobs/search?ss=1&searchKeyword=&searchLocation=&searchCategory=

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005

Captain Frigate posted:

This isn't my field, but I have a good friend in the D.C. area who would love to get his foot in the door anywhere that's hiring liberal artsy people. Would you mind if I pointed him your way?

Sure.

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005

Zikan posted:

Hey bam I saw that you did not mind that someone forwarded a friend to your company previously. I am in a similar boat, knowing a great guy looking for a job in DC. Do you mind if I get you two in touch?

By all means

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005
Do you liek job? Here is job. Available immediately. Quite competitive. PM me or email me at david dot gaffin at gmail dot com

We also have plenty of openings for software engineers, account management, marketing, research, business analytics, and more in Washington DC, San Francisco, Austin, Chicago, Nashville, Tuscon, London, Sydney, Santiago, and opportunities for remote work.

https://corporate-advisory.icims.com/jobs/search?ss=1&searchLocation=&searchCategory=&hashed=0

Analyst, Strategic Research
Forbes: Ranked one of the 200 Best Small Companies
Vault.com: Listed among Top 50 Consulting Firms
Modern Healthcare: “Best Places to Work”
Finalist, Washington Business Journal's Business Philanthropy Awards
Modern Healthcare: Listed among the Largest Healthcare Management Consultants

The Company
The Advisory Board Company (NASDAQ: ABCO) is a global research, consulting, and technology firm helping hospital and university executives to better serve patients and students. We provide strategic guidance, actionable insights, web-based software solutions, and comprehensive implementation and management services. We combine the analytical, managerial, and technological expertise of our 2,000+ employees around the world with insights from the on-the-ground experience of our network of 125,000 leaders at 3,200 health care and higher education member organizations to find solutions to our partners’ most pressing challenges. We deeply appreciate the trust that our members place in us, and we seek to serve them with generosity—and beyond expectation—in all that we do.

About the position
Strategic Research Analysts work in teams on custom research engagements to address key challenges or opportunities facing specific hospital members. Building on the Advisory Board’s vast knowledge and expertise, engagement teams provide strategic guidance to directly support hospital decision-making. Recent engagements have focused on the following topics: evaluating market differentiation tactics for cardiac surgery, defining programmatic growth platforms for stroke care, crafting a strategic vision for a digestive health center, designing a framework to better conceptualize cancer care pathways, and launching a revenue growth strategy for orthopedic services. Analysts are actively involved throughout the engagement cycle—from conception, to research interviews, to analysis and creation of presentation materials. Working in teams provides analysts the opportunity to learn from peers and to take on more challenging responsibilities as they develop in their role.

Analyst Responsibilities
Analysts are expected to work on multiple engagements simultaneously and to accomplish the following objectives:
• Lead custom research intended to solve hospital problems related to strategic planning and growth
• Manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously in both individual and team settings
• Collaborate with manager to develop strategic recommendations on an institution-by-institution basis
• Conduct data analytics and financial modeling to identify business solutions
• Conduct in-depth interviews with senior healthcare executives
• Document and analyze findings from primary and secondary research
• Reduce member challenges to root cause problems
• Identify and critique best practice strategies and solutions
• Develop innovative frameworks for presentation of findings
• Contribute to creation of presentation materials
As analysts become more experienced, they assume broader responsibilities, including management of member relationships, providing “thought leadership” and creativity, and serving as “in-house experts” on various topics.

Qualifications:
Basic Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Excellent academic record
• Minimum three months of related work or internship experience
• Experience with at least two of the following:
o Analyzing business issues
o Experience working in a team environment, as well as independently and autonomously
o Conducting primary and secondary research
o Creating slides in Microsoft Power Point
o Conducting database analytics in Excel
o Demonstrated interest in health care
Ideal Qualifications:
• Experience managing discrete projects independently with ability to manage multiple deadlines simultaneously
• Proven ability to communicate effectively with senior executives, in both oral and written formats
• Experience conducting root-cause analysis
• Experience with creative, solution-oriented problem solving
• Experience working on the clinical or business sides of health care

An Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
Interested applicants should apply through our corporate site: https://corporate-advisory.icims.com/jobs/7757/analyst%2c-research-and-insights/job