Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Nerd Of Prey posted:

It's a pretty serious screw up at that. I don't really want to pay $50+ for this figure but at present it seems to be the only option. I don't know whether to bite the bullet and pay the stupid eBay price now before it gets any stupider, or hope for another production run. Or both... I would totally buy a second one to stash for my daughter if they were readily available.

Being in Canada, 50 buck is about what we pay minus or plus a few dollars depending on taxes depending on the province.

Yeah, we really get a rough time with action figures up North when it comes to cost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

We have to spend that money on healthcare and poo poo.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Nerd Of Prey posted:

We have to spend that money on healthcare and poo poo.

Not having to declare bankruptcy and losing everything you build up ones entire life is a nice trade off.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Snout Spout arrived today!

Oh.

I'm disappointed.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
That sucks hard.

I got so many items in packages and my biggest fear is opening them all one day to find several that have breakages when I finally remove them.

It's why I tend to open them up and give a basic look to make sure they appear okay.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I immediately emailed and asked for a replacement, but who knows if they even have some available. I’ll try to fix it if it can’t be replaced.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
If they're worth their salt they will replace it.

Thankfully most stores are good with that, as long as they got supplies.

Not sure how well stock He-Man stuff is these days, but it all appears to sell rather well.

It's quite remarkable really.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Got my Clutch and VAMP and that is a very cool toy.

Semi-related question: Why are Cobra Eels more expensive than normal?

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Dawgstar posted:

Biden's economy

They were shorted and badly distributed just as classified ramped up in popularity.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

iceyman posted:

Biden's economy

They were shorted and badly distributed just as classified ramped up in popularity.

Gotcha. I'll just order one like the most common plebe.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Dawgstar posted:

Retro Eels are coming and should be more available without the mark up.

They seem identical minus some minor paint job.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Yeah, the retro cards are going to get me at least for Scarlett.

I wonder if they couldn't do Cover Girl and the Wolverine for the VAMP's price point.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
There is no reason why they can't.

If they can do a Vamp they can do a Wolverine.

And the odds are good, we know we're likely to get two more versions at the very least with the Vamp ie: Cobra Stinger and then the Tiger Force version of that vehicle. The vamp got a ton of reuse in the original run.

The Wolverine meanwhile had it's body taken and used for a few other vehicles as well albeit with new weaponry.

If it can be re used, Hasbro is more likely to do it, so that improves it's odds.

And yes, it's the worse kept secret we're going to get The Thunder Machine and Snow Cat as well. They're coming.

Lencho
Mar 16, 2012

Got my Mafex Cyborg Superman today:

Wish he had an additional face sculpt, but besides that, I think he is basically perfect.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Lovely pics. And yeah, he basically is, I like him more than the actual Superman figure. Everything about him pops.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Sentinel Red posted:

Lovely pics.

Seconded, good photos.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

More MOTUrtles!

https://twitter.com/Kenzos_Creation/status/1770690864899096901?s=20

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Leatherhead looks fantastic. That Mikey head is :discourse:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Swole Splinter. :lol:

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Rocksteady and Bebop as TwoBad is great. It is also great since we haven't seen photos of TwoBad yet.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
These are all fantastic. I don't why, but the fact that Leatherhead's hat is removal delights me.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Pulse charged me for a poo poo ton of Joes this morning. Maybe they'll arrive while im on break next week!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Joe Fisto posted:

Pulse charged me for a poo poo ton of Joes this morning. Maybe they'll arrive while im on break next week!

Who you got coming?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Dawgstar posted:

Who you got coming?

Boa, Quick Kick, Airborne, 3 Vipers, Metalhead.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Lencho posted:

Got my Mafex Cyborg Superman today:

Wish he had an additional face sculpt, but besides that, I think he is basically perfect.

Awesome pictures.

Joe Fisto posted:

Same here.

Minus getting them in a week part.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Joe Fisto posted:

Boa, Quick Kick, Airborne, 3 Vipers, Metalhead.

Nice. I've got Vypra, Snow Job and the Cobra Valkyries coming. None of which I ever saw even at the good Target. (Unless they're exclusives, then whatever.)

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Dawgstar posted:

Nice. I've got Vypra, Snow Job and the Cobra Valkyries coming. None of which I ever saw even at the good Target. (Unless they're exclusives, then whatever.)

Except for Vypra the other two were Hasbro Pulse exclusives. They did show up on other websites however.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Sy-Klone is up on Mattel Creations, it’s part of their big reveals event. I was able to order one without any issues. So far I hate how they’re doing this event, dropping new stuff with no advance notice and limited availability, and revealing stuff over the course of days… So if you want a thing you can really easily miss it, and if you want two and they aren’t announced the same day you can’t combine shipping…

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Nanigans posted:

I disagree with this.

(Standard) Twilight Princess Link was 5093 Yen and DX Twilight Princess Link was 6000 in 2017. Adjusted for inflation, that's 6570 Yen today. Like less than a $10 difference for all that stuff.

Are those accessories really worth $57? It's ridiculous.

I’ll admit that’s on me, my bad. I bought the DX reissue in 2021 (listed in 2020) which was 8250 yen to the regular’s 7150, which at the time was one of the more expensive figures I’d bought since getting back into toys. I’d recalled that difference being more significant and never followed up on it.

In light of that you’re right, the discrepancy here is ridiculous; in a world of $100-300 vehicles and $400 1/12 box sets that drop on a random Tuesday, Link’s offerings for the price of a second figure seem paltry.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Sanschel posted:

I’ll admit that’s on me, my bad. I bought the DX reissue in 2021 (listed in 2020) which was 8250 yen to the regular’s 7150, which at the time was one of the more expensive figures I’d bought since getting back into toys. I’d recalled that difference being more significant and never followed up on it.

In light of that you’re right, the discrepancy here is ridiculous; in a world of $100-300 vehicles and $400 1/12 box sets that drop on a random Tuesday, Link’s offerings for the price of a second figure seem paltry.

Yeah, I get that especially post-pandemic there's a bigger demand for figures, so I'd expect a bump in price. But an entire figure's worth for accessories is nuts.

I think of how many drat accessories the 2.0 Mafex Mandalorian comes with for $82 with shipping included from amiami and then look at DX Link at $111 before shipping and...nah.

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

Captain Invictus posted:

the imgur gallery links don't seem to work.

thank you for pointing this out. i've posted a new thread with a hopefully fixed link https://www.reddit.com/r/toyexchange/comments/1bkjyjd/usasc_h_mezco_atticus_nosferatu_vapor_shf_freddie/

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Snagged a snake eyes/timber 2 pack from Ross if anyone is looking for him. Cost and shipping, so like 14 bucks and whatever shipping you want. If you don't mind him loose I can probably find a bag to store everything on and mail him that way.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Anyone have any interest in buying a loose Civil War captain America hot toys with all the pieces and no damage (I think lol I’ll double check) no box

And also the iron man 3 Tony stark mechanic same deal?

Idk what to sell them for. But I’m looking to purge.

Also I gotta a ton of GI Joe I want to off load. None of the super exclusives but most of the line.

(I need rent money)

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I've seen a few mentions online that the force FX sabers can sometimes be found on clearance at Ross.

Haven't seen em in the two local stores I checked but they might be out there. Might be with a call if you are searching.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That was only that small moment.

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

CelticPredator posted:

That was only that small moment.

it was popping up again on IG yesterday, i saw this as well

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

drat hasbro is really hosed then lol

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Managed to find a snout spout on clearance 🤔

:haw:

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1771165037299695908?s=46

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Uh, that barely looks like Miguel's suit to me..?