Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Well, I just found this thread and wanted to see if anyone else was as excited about the new Play Arts Kai black suit Spider-Man. MY GIRLFRIEND got it for me for my birthday after I stopped caring about action figures for like a decade+.

I am now suddenly giddy like a schoolgirl and went out and got a (legit) PAK Boba Fett figure for a reasonable (still way too much for a responsible adult) price, and now I'm eying the drat Wolverine and Deadpool ones coming out soon, because drat if I'm lazy and don't want to build my own figure, plus the designs seem pretty drat awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

Blizzard store has them for $11 each for the regular and $25 for deluxe - http://gear.blizzard.com/heroes

Grabbed a second set to keep carded and it came to like $60 shipped.

ultraviolence123 posted:

Nice, thanks for the tip. I want Stitches, but it's $50 at the Toys r Us around here.

Old, but they have Stitches on sale for $25 right now.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

None of this changes the fact that Jubilee is terrible. :smugbert:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

purple death ray posted:

Well that's unavailable online and I would be completely astonished if there is a Nendoroid Link for sale at your local GameStop much less for $15.

They are reissuing Link without a lot of his accessories along with the extremely expensive Sonic Nendoroid, I think bbts has them both on pre-order right now.

There's 7 in the NYC area alone. Probably could find one near you, if you're willing to drive.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Goddammit, the Action Figure crack drive has reignited in me because of recent events...

How dumb an idea would it be to grab the Figma Samus (in suit) and Skyward Sword Link? I was honestly hoping for an OoT or LoZ Link (not that keen on the LBW Link), but the SS one is pretty drat close to OoT, just wish he was in the blue tunic. Also, there's some new Samus figure coming out but I'm not sure what the difference is? If I had to go for one, I'd want whichever is closest to Super Metroid/Metroid Prime 1 as possible (not Phazon suit, just with Varia + Gravity or I guess just Varia would be okay)... should I just hold off and wait for the new one?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

TaurusOxford posted:

So, is it just me or does that Fight Prime 3 Samus look vertically stretched? The torso is ridiculously thin and the limbs almost seem too long.

I'm looking at your avatar and the proportions seem fine.

I dunno, the Other M figures are going for under $100 on Amazon, but I think I'll hold off for the Corruption one because now that I'm looking at them more closely, I like the vented shoulder pads more.

As for the Link, the TP one, while cool, doesn't really evoke that OoT/LttP comic/original LoZ kind of vibe, though the SS one does. It's the stupidest gripe, but his sword harness is clearly setup for the sword to be on the right, and it doesn't look like you can swap it... I know the rest of the figure can be left handed with the sword and shield, but still... bummer.

Was also hoping for more accessories, like a boomerang or maybe a bomb.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

http://www.goodsmile.info/en/product/5964/figma+Link+Twilight+Princess+ver.html

It's over his left shoulder though? A sword on the back is drawn on the same side.

That's TP link,not SS.

https://www.amazon.com/Good-Smile-Legend-Zelda-Discontinued/dp/B008AGAXV2

That harness clearly looks like it only goes over the right shoulder, unless that middle bit disconnects and you can somehow flip it around... doubtful, though.

purple death ray posted:

If you're after the LTTP comic or old school Zelda vibe I'm surprised you don't want the LBW Link. Take off that bracelet and he's basically the manual illustrations from LTTP. Technically he should have bare legs, as the tights were only introduced in OOT but it's close enough for me. The DX version does have a bomb, hookshot, a pot with a Rupee, etc.

SS Link was right-handed but his sheath can rotate in the peg hole to be on either side. I'd expect TP Link to have a similar set-up.

True, but ultimately the proportions are ehhh and I think aesthetically for a figure I'd rather have the OoT adult Link... Young Link would be fine, but the LBW one is just a little too oddly shaped for me... I don't have many other figures, just select stuff I like, and it would look really loving out of place next to my PAK Black Suit Spidey, PAK Boba Fett, McFarlane Spidey, random Figuarts Vegeta, and assorted other Marvel Legends (Cap, Black Spidey, Nightcrawler) figures. The Skyward Sword one is around the same height and build as the other 6" ones, so it'd be okay.

They never announced a DX version of the Skyward Sword one, huh. Really wish there was one, or even better, just a straight up Figma Majora's Mask Link with a few pieces of gear and the actual mask, because I really don't like the aesthetic of that Nintendoroid one with the weird SD proportions.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

purple death ray posted:

Oh well if you like Play Arts Kai figures you've got ridiculous taste anyway, so we're probably not going to be able to agree on a Link.

If OoT gets a high def remaster on the Switch I'm sure they'll make a figma for it.

I can't stand most Play Arts figures, but that Boba Fett is cool and the Spidey was a preordered birthday present from someone, and looks way better than the terrible standard Spidey variant they put out before with the random unnecessary black bits.

TaurusOxford posted:

You don't want a Samus action figure that comes from a good game? :v:

Aphrodite posted:

It's actually from Prime 3.

Yeah, seriously. I get why they went with those two games because of free advertising for rereleases, but drat if they wouldn't sell the actual figures SO much better if they were just marketed as Super Metroid or Prime 1. :iiam:

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Oct 25, 2016

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Revoltech figures seem kinda lovely and... revolting. :downsrim:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

At the least, he'll provide a neat base for people to make customs with.

On my end, I've fallen in love with Figuarts and Figma figures... was gifted two Figuarts DBZ figures and just pulled the trigger on 3 more because drat nostalgia and they're pretty great figures, to be honest.

Not sure if anime and specifically DBZ are still considered "lulz :frogout:" by the goon peanut gallery, but if anyone else is collecting those, was wondering what they thought of it. I've got the blue hair Vegeta and the new Premium Color Trunks, and pulled the trigger on the new Super Vegeta, Teen Gohan, and Piccolo.

Was seriously debating grabbing the Ultimate Gohan and swapping in the Awakening Goku, just so I have one that's not a lovely color for a reasonable price, but I'm on the fence since the new line seems to have some great new articulation and I'm wondering if there will be another Goku... logic would dictate that they put out Awakening recently so probably not, but he's the main character and they've put out two Vegetas recently, so who knows. Hopefully they do a cool Returning Goku or something in that funky armor... Could swap the extra Piccolo head onto that and sort of have an armored Nail or something, but more likely I feel like they'll put out a bullshit Time Chamber Goku and just reuse the new Trunks body with a Goku head. :arghfist::smith:

Edit:
Also, I can neither confirm or deny that some of my renewed interest in DBZ figures, of all things, has to do with this:

https://youtu.be/lyBnlOtDWCs

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Oct 27, 2016

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

gently caress that, how has there been no Mr Satan figure?

I don't plan to get them all, but my current shortlist is:

SSGSS (:laffo:) Vegeta*
Super Vegeta*
Saiyan Saga Vegeta (need that goddamn black hair head!)
Some form of Goku in his gi (and correctly orange)
Teen Gohan*
Piccolo*
Trunks with sword* (Premium because I don't care about 2 extra hands and a few faces)
Frieza (NOT golden)
Cell (gonna grab the recolor)
Krillin (:gonk: at the mark up)
Possibly Yamcha, but only to pose him dead (he better have a dead face and both hairdos)
Nappa

Ultimate Gohan is also tempting, particularly when I can swap in Awakening Goku's superior shaded head. I'd also like a regular Goku head on the Awakening body to have him just be end of Saiyan Saga Goku, but that's all luxury and MY GIRLFRIEND will probably nix this collecting at a certain point, even though she's the one that got me both of my PAK figures as a birthday present. (They are cool, but way too big)

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Oh for sure. I still don't get how she paid over $200 for two PAK figures. They're nice, but jesus that's a lot of money.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Yeah, I already grabbed the ongoing ones and really hope they somehow put out original Vegeta again, although I'd bet he'll come with less stuff this time around which is total bullshit... Hopefully they only lose the blast effects and none of the hands.

Think I'm gonna pull the trigger on the Ultimate Gohan, as well. It just occurred to me that you could use the limbs from the new Trunks with it to possibly make a Great Saiyaman custom, which could be hilariously cool... steal the cape from a Superman and I dunno, maybe use an Ant Man head for the helmet. Could be awesome.

What is the preferred stand for these guys to look like they're flying? Was going to just do the coat hanger thing, but could conceivably bother with the clear stands if they're not overpriced and are actually pretty sturdy and won't wobble.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Anyone know when the hell that Marvel Legends Spider-Man series they showed at SDCC this year is coming out? Really want that black suit Spidey and it seems like after that showing they just fell off the radar and no one is talking about them and there's no further info. Was already disappointed at how lame the Noir figure was, but that black suit seems like it may be the new best version of it.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Got a Stage 4 pack off Amazon, thanks for the tip. Pretty cool that you get three stands and each one can mount a couple figures, now I just need more villains for my Z fighters to face. Really tempted to grab a cheap Datong Frieza because the videos make it honestly look not bad... someone above mentioning that they might reissue him, any precedent for that?

Any other goons tried Datong versions? I figure if they do a reissue or a Premium Color version (what would they even change?) they'll remove the rocky base and all the beam effects, but hopefully they don't remove any hands or any of the non-pegged feet or faces.

Maybe I can get MY GIRLFRIEND to get me 17 and 18 or Krillin for Xmas...

Also I dug out my old figures and Link is now sword fighting with Kain with the Soul Reaver. :rock:

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Oct 28, 2016

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Dr. Platypus posted:

I have the Datong Frieza and it is excellent. My only complaint is one of the pairs of hands came with two left hands. Otherwise you can't even tell the difference. Definitely recommend.

Sweet! Good to know.

Got a bunch of new figures yesterday and those Stage 4 stands... great call on them, plus bonus that Ultimate Gohan came with one:

(This thread needs way more pics of people's displays)

I call it, "Vegeta's Wet Dream." :ssj:

Also pictured: At the bottom I'm holding one of three clamps that came with the Stage 4s... what the hell are they even for? They're too small to hold up figures, even by a limb (maybe a forearm, I suppose) and they would make blast effect props and such look like poo poo. What gives?

Really wish they had just given six of the other clamps, those things are perfect. Thankfully I have clear twist-ties I can use to supplement since I have an extra base and all those straight posts with the random hole in the top that I'm unsure of the purpose of, other than it pegs into the articulated arms but then is way too heavy and unstable to even be usable... it's times like this I wish I could read and understand Japanese.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

Piccolo and Blondie Mcsameface over there are just going to sit the fight out?

Vegeta don't give a poo poo about no dumb Nameks or little kids. Plus he's already punching one Gohan in the FACE.

But actually I'm gonna have those two fighting my Premium Color Perfect Cell when he arrives. Then again at that point I'll have Super Vegeta so the SSGSS (:laffo:) Vegeta will probably get moved to the other side of the desk by himself and I'll have blondie Vegeta and Goku beating the poo poo out of each other, with Piccolo and Ultimate Gohan sparring and then Teen Gohan kicking Cell's rear end or something, gently caress if I know, I doubt this current setup will last more than a week before I gently caress around with it more.

In other news, don't order from AKTProducts via Amazon... I ordered a Premium Color Trunks and they sent me the new Saiyan Armor Trunks instead, which is a $15 price difference. Thankfully Amazon is good on returns, but yeah, annoying.

EDIT: Also, anyone else that was thinking about getting Ultimate Gohan and Awakened Goku to do some headswapping with a better color outfit than the regular :ssj: Goku (and not shelling out the cash for SDCC stuff), bear in mind that the peg for the Awakened Goku is actually smaller on the top than the Gohan one, so it's a really snug fit and might "stretch out" the hole so it won't fit on the Awakened body anymore. If you pull the entire peg out of the neck, slot it in, and then swap that entire thing around, the pegs fit perfectly fine, so remember to do that. Also, neither Awakened Goku or Ultimate Gohan comes with the two finger teleport right hand, if that's a thing you care about, but Gohan has pretty cool judo chopping hands for both arms.

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Oct 31, 2016

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Reinanigans posted:

Why didn't you just get the base Goku they released with the orange gi instead of Ultimate Gohan?

The only version that's easily obtainable now is the yellower gi with the terribly painted hair and orange Trump skin. The darker gi runs for over $100 and yeah... I like action figures, but I'm not spending over $100 on one, at least not a regular 6" one. Those PAK figures are barely worth it at around $100, and they come with a billion accessories and are huge.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/search.aspx?search=figuarts%20goku
https://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&field-keywords=figuarts%20goku&index=blended&link_code=qs&sourceid=Mozilla-search&tag=mozilla-20

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

So which are the current preferred 6" Deadpool and Wolverine figures?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

The accessories on that one seem to look terrible... also don't much care about the diseased scrotum face, would have preferred more actual masked expressions.

The new Revoltech one seems to be polarizing people, but looks pretty cool...

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Lencho posted:

Don't listen to the haters. If you like to pose figures, Revoltech Deadpool is awesome.

Sweet, but I heard the shoulders are weird for non photos?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Louisgod posted:

Some people hate him but I've always liked ShartimusPrime's reviews:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgH-RQO-28c

I've been mostly watching Anthony's Customs on youtube, but that guy has some really loving asinine complaints sometimes.

He makes a loving badass custom Nightwing, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpBz76SL6h4

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I'll be getting black suit Spidey from the next wave but don't care about Sandman, if anyone will want it for the cost of shipping.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

:hellyeah:

Just got a Pizza Spidey for $30 brand new at a random comic shop in NYC. They had one more if anyone cares. Toy Tokyo St Mark's Comics in the East Village.

EDIT: Sorry, got confused since I stopped into several shops tonight.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I have a dearth of bad guys so right now it's a bunch of DBZ characters all getting ready to blow up Link while he had his hands up.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Kinda disappointed by Premium Color Trunks. I mean, he looks great, and the hair is cool and all, but drat if his articulation isn't poo poo. He has no bicep swivel and his jacket's collar is too high so you can barely angle his head at all and have to force it to turn left or right. Also my sword sheathe's strap is a pain to connect to the sheathe and often just pops out unless I swivel it to a really stupid angle to relieve the tension on it. The knees look better than I thought they would, unless you bend them more than 90 degrees then they look like poo poo.

All in all, a decent figure, but you can't even really get him into this pose:

Because he can't reach across his chest even slightly.

Kinda disappointing, but hey, I'm glad I didn't pay some ridiculous price for it and got it at retail.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Reinanigans posted:

Anyone with a Figma Samus have issues with the arms coming off and not being able to pop it back in? I've been unable to repose mine since any reposition means her left arm falls off. No amount of squeezing and forcing it in has worked and I'm afraid I'm going to just snap the ball joint.

Is this one of those situations where I can use a hairdryer or something or am I better off just supergluing it and turning her into essentially a statue?

edit: Hairdryer worked like a charm.

Just for others' future reference, hair drying the socket, not the peg, is the safer method of fixing this... you run the risk if the peg bending or warping if you heat it, which could end up loving it up, plus heating and cooling it could weaken the stem and make it more likely to snap in the future.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Got my Datong Frieza and holy poo poo, you guys weren't kidding... it really is pretty drat nice quality, even better than most of the videos I've seen. I daresay in some ways its actually nicer than the real deal... the pearlescent purple has a great kind of reflective sheen to it and the feel of the plastic they use to make the figure is sorta cooler than the standard figures, kinda... rubbery but still solid, for lack of a better description. The energy beam effects are cloudy and have air bubbles, same as most vids show, but meh, no big deal.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I dunno, but if anyone needs the pizza spidey Hobgoblin leg (left) or Absorbing Man's heads, let me know.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Revan figure? :aaaaa:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

gregday posted:

Someone on the Replica Prop Forum is making 1/6 Batsuit vaults and it's kind of my everything.

This is funny because the figure actually is Batman, not just the suit.

"Master Bruce, what are you doing in there?"
"Nothing, Alfred... NOTHING." *slowly closes the vault door while maintaining eye contact*

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Zorglorfian posted:

I don't know how to post images, so I can't show you goons, but someone in NC found the new Marvel Legends Sandman wave. Just thought you'd all like to know. Anyone know of an internet / street date? Thanks.

Holy poo poo.

Need some of dat black Spidey.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Rirse posted:

Found the Bale Batman and Harley today, post pictures later. Even through we got too many of Absorbing Man wave, my store has a shipment of Spider-Man in yesterday but it in another truck and Black Friday throws that in a wrench.

Did yours have any extra Bale Batmans? If so, could you pick one up for me?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Whoa, awesome! That looks amazing!

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Anyone have a side by side pic of, say, MAFEX and SH Figuarts Star Wars figures next to the Black ones? I have only a MAFEX Vader and the Figuarts RotJ Luke, dont care so much about "collectability" moreso than good articulation and a unified look.

I currently only collect SH Figuarts DBZ figures, but I have a few Legends Spider-Man figures and those two SW, on the fence over which of the two lines to branch out further into... I will undoubtedly get the Symbiote Spidey in the Sandman Wave because that specific look is what got me started collecting again, but I haven't decided if I want to grab the Green Goblin from the new line as well, although it looks drat amazing. Star Wars is a dangerous, dangerous rabbit hole that I could never climb out of once I start with it, which is why I'm a bit apprehensive about starting to collect Black figures... at least sticking to the Japanese imports, there's a limited selection of actually quality 6" scale figures. (Tempted by the upcoming Han Solo but would rather have his classic ESB look with the blue jacket, though I doubt that will ever be a thing)

Basically I need to balance my wallet vs falling down either rabbit hole vs my girlfriend killing me as our tiny apt already has about 20 figures in various action poses spread all over the drat place... she's officially starting to get worried that we can't invite people over because I have, "too many toys," though ultimately she's fine with me collecting them and actually gets the underlying appeal (she really digs the Pizza Spidey I have sitting out in a :krad: pose with some custom webbing I made the other day)

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Even Batman skips leg day. (this is pretty cool)

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Louisgod posted:

I think I'll venture to TRU today with the kids, anybody need the NECA 7" Bale Batman still? I'd guess most TRUs have plenty for people but figured I'd offer.

I'd take one.

CelticPredator posted:

I saw them, and every one of them looked completely hosed out of their mind. Eyes blood shot and wide looking in every direction. Horrific.

Assuming they don't look like this...

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

drat, ah well no big deal. I'm gonna swing by one tomorrow when I'm finally home from my trip, hopefully they have one.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Joe Fisto posted:

UPS was good to me today.

Is that the Hot Toys Mr Pool?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Anyone got a good site to get the Revoltech Deadpool at MSRP? Looks like the gouging has hit in full force.