Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

I think it's pretty obvious how Ippo is going to win this. I've had the feeling for a few chapters but this one made it even more obvious.

Woli can't take punches for poo poo.

You don't make a character without weaknesses. Especially in a manga like Ippo, a character who is just god mode-ing every aspect and has no weaknesses is straight up poo poo. So if you look at Woli, he's got ridiculous speed, godlike reflexes and can make up moves and tactics on a whim.

On the other hand he has no physical toughness at all. When Ippo barely scratched his face at the start of the match he was so shocked he fell over. When his coach touched him with the chair it disturbed him a lot.

So basically this fucker has dominated for 20 chapters but when Ippo finally manages to land one, single, clean blow, he's going to get knocked out cold in a snap. That's how Ippo is going to win - he just needs to overcome Woli's overwhelming offense and defense to knock his weak face out with one hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Geop posted:

Some manga like One Piece and Bleach (from what I recall) will occasionally have some centerfold or some crap with characters in "trendy" clothes. I cringe and laugh every single time :(
Naw that's mostly just Bleach. OP is more on the 'wear a hawaii shirt and ride a flying party elephant' route of things. Maybe dress them up as gangsters/cowboys or whatnot sometimes.

Speaking of cringeworthy if you check Bleach nowadays maybe you will notice Orihime wearing some loving dress that has like a circle or something around her arse, on black and white manga pages it looks like she is basically running around flashing that rear end.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Geop posted:

Hah. I bailed on Bleach after Soul Society ended :v: I hear it introduced a ton of worthless characters and there hasn't been much progression.

I should really get in to OP, but Skypeia is so hard to get through :smith: My brother keeps saying DUDE IT GETS AWESOME AFTER THAT but auuughhhh :arghfist:
It does. Honestly, just loving SKIP SKYPEIA if it's too bad. There is really barely anything at all relevant to the plot so you can just skip it and get to the good stuff if you want. Here is what you need to know if you choose to skip it, ill try to avoid skypeia spoilers and just tell you what you need to know:

- Gol D. Roger was on sky island.
- A mysterious ghost repairs the Going Merry one night
- There is this awesome part where Enel has the best OH gently caress face ever. People call it 'Enel-face' and it is almost worth watching the entire arc just for this face even if it only lasts for 5 seconds.

There, now go skip that poo poo and get on to the good stuff.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Jedah posted:

You can call me a sperglord, that's fine, but it doesn't change the fact that the author doesn't give a poo poo. He will do whatever he pleases. He won't read this thread, your post, my follow-up post, and therefore, this discussion (if you can even call it that) is completely pointless.
Yeah, he'll do whatever he pleases actually, it's his comic, which has been his life work for the last 10+ years. I think he has quite a bit of say in what's going to happen in it.

There's something called respect. Respect the man for the 900+ chapters of manga he's made for you so you can read it for free on the internet. You don't have to read it but if you do, you do have to be thankful for his life's work.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

He's going Bleach mode, sucks to read week by week, awesome to read when you have 10 volumes in a row.

Yeah, that's what i'll tell myself :smith:

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

McNerd posted:

How much water can two people possibly sweat in a ten-second exchange?
There were staring at each other REALLY INTENSELY FOR ONE AND A HALF MINUTE :stare: :shepface:

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Just realized that we might be building up to a most glorious one-hit K.O. If we are, then all the pacing of this whole 'fight' would make sense as it's just a huge build-up for Ippo's one punch. I bet it would be a lot less horrible to read if you weren't waiting for it each week too.

More likely scenario though is that the bell rings when Ippo's fist is 1 inch from colliding with his face :suicide:

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

This chapter was exactly what I was hoping it would be, a one hit KO. Anything else would have been atrocious and it was fairly satisfying as well. I don't see why you guys hate this chapter so much?

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Wonder how many chapters they can SHIFT GEARS and WHIFF PUNCHES

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Oh come on, noone translated 1003 yet? :( I don't really want to read the raw's because imho the text is really important in this series, without it it's just two guys staring a lot and throwing punches sometimes.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Wow, this entire fight was great, tense as hell. Usually it's painfully obvious who will come out winning but this time I really didn't believe Volg had a chance until the very end. Well played, and finally it's someone who actually deserves to win.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

The motherfucker finally made a move after 1011 chapters!

Too bad it didn't pan out but, at least PROGRESS

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Beautiful :golfclap: That came out of left field.. and was absolutely glorious. Never thought it'd be so satisfying to see that smug face shut down.

Man I think this must have been planned for a long time, which makes it pretty impressive. Back after the Saeki fight everyone in here was commenting about how much they hated Itagaki. That match basically made him into the villain.

What a humiliating way to go out. Trapped in a corner and KO'ed in a second because you were smug enough not to take the fight seriously and let the opponent rush in on you. He doesn't even realise the mistake until it's too late - "i'm already focused", yeah, except 3 seconds too late because you were too busy thinking about how cool you are.

MadRhetoric posted:

Losing by dint of not fighting like/being the protagonist is pretty funny though.
Well to be honest Itagaki has a pretty lovely 'build', all speed and nothing else. Guys like Ippo have a hundred tools to combat any given situation, but if Itagaki's speed can't help him, then he's got nothing. This is a pretty hard lesson he's about to learn.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Dexo posted:

Eh Itagaki is fine.

He's just never fought anyone who had scouted him to the degree that Imai had.

Itagaki didn't really take him lightly at all. He was 100% focused on the match from the start. Imai just had a strategy that he executed to perfection. Itagaki has just never had to focus on his flaws as he was able to speed rush every other one of his opponents. The only thing Itagaki needs to change from this match is to mix up his tells, and escape moves.

Itagaki is overconfident, like every Non-Ippo fighter in the series is, but he didn't look down on Imai at all.
Totally disagree. He spent the first few seconds of the match absorbing cheers and thinking about how loving awesome he is and how hard he's going to win. That's what ended up costing him the match.

Even when Imai rushed him down and cornered him, even when he got hit on the shoulder and got his back to the corner, he didn't take anything seriously at until the moment he got fist in his liver. But at that point the match was already over.

But in the end the lesson from this fight is not that "i need to be even faster", it's that as Imai said, if he gets nailed once, if he gets held or outsmarted or out-lucked, so that he can't use his speed to run circles around the opponent, then he's got nothing. His punches are weak and he just can't take a hit at all. If it had been Ippo taking that body blow it would have been a pained grin at most and then right back to defending. If it had been Ippo (or Imai, or well anyone else really) in the corner, he would likely have managed to defend himself or get out somehow.

Basically Itagaki needs to be more than just a one-gimmick fighter or he's going to have more crushing defeats like this the moment his one gimmick doesn't work anymore. In a way this is a hard lesson for the World Stage, and Itagaki just learned it the hard way (so Ippo doesn't have to (Ippo doesn't have the one-gimmick problem though (except 'being a punching bag') but I bet it will come back to him somehow)).

Bisse fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Sep 13, 2013

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Dexo posted:

Eh? He didn't absorb cheers besides when he first got in the Ring before Imai was introduced. As soon as they touched gloves he went back to his corner and got his mouthpiece. Imai rushed him immediately and trapped him in a corner. Itagaki was confident he could get out as he has never had a problem escaping being cornered before. Imai just had him scouted to know how he gets out of those situations, and was able to come up with a counter to it.

Being confident and charismatic doesn't mean that you are looking down on your opponent. Itagaki has just never fought anyone who has scouted him and his tendencies to the degree that Imai did, as Imai has already lost to him once.

And yeah Itagaki has to get better. But It's not like it's the end of the world. Ippo and Itagaki are completely different Boxer's Ippo couldn't dodge any of those blows and has to build his body in such a way to tank the hits.
Uuh you're being a little bit stubborn here. Go back and read the chapters, look at Itagaki's smug face and him taking in the cheers. Then when the bell rings Imai has time to rush all the way across the arena and plant his feet, Itagaki's coach has to yell "he's already here!" for him to wake up and realize what's going on. That's not normal, when the bell rings you wake the gently caress up and turn to your opponent, so that that exact scenario doesn't have a chance of happening. Unless you think there's no way you can lose (ding) and you're too busy thinking about how awesome you're going to look like when you win (ding) to pay attention. And that is the most extreme example of being smug and overconfident that I can possibly think of.

And the point isn't if Imai was prepared or not, because anyone going up in a title match is going to prepare and study his opponent. The point is that Itagaki really has nothing else to bring to the ring than his speed, and if he can't use it, or if it doesn't work, then he's got nothing. It is very bad for Itagaki because now that he's facing opponents that can handle it, he just needs to make one mistake and the match is over. It's a wake-up call to develop your other aspects, and also to start taking your opponents seriously.

Really, the match could also have went on for 5 rounds before Imai landed that hit, but this way it makes for a much better read and a much harder lesson for Itagaki.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Dude are you serious?

http://readms.com/r/hajime_no_ippo/1023/2020/4
Listening to the crowd with a smile and then showing off.

http://readms.com/r/hajime_no_ippo/1023/2020/13
Waving to the crowd.

http://readms.com/r/hajime_no_ippo/1023/2020/15
http://readms.com/r/hajime_no_ippo/1023/2020/16
Imai puts his mouthpiece in and gets ready for the bell. Itagaki... punches the corner bag, and thinks about how hard he's going to win, with his back towards his opponent.

http://readms.com/r/hajime_no_ippo/1024/2022/9
http://readms.com/r/hajime_no_ippo/1024/2022/10
The coach reacting to the opponent approaching before the boxer does. And he doesn't even realize his mistake! Instead of at least thinking "whoops" or "oh, I need to handle this situation" his thoughts are going like "Got it! I am totally focused, i'm in the loving zone, you're so slow look how slow you are." He doesn't even realize what is going on!

And finally look at the way he goes down in the end - after having taken more than a dozen close-range bodyblows, he still thinks he's the king, he has absolutely no idea about his own limitations, he thinks he can do whatever he wants, and because of that he makes a stupid decision and goes out in the worst way possible.

The simple facts are: He lost the game the moment he got the first punch to the gut. He got punched in the gut because he wasn't ready in the first seconds when the match started, and then he didn't take his opponent seriously.

He lost because he was too smug and overconfident. Just the way we all wanted it to happen.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Simoom posted:

He did the creepy face to Ippo like, one or two times, when the manga was at its absolute worst. Like if that's the worst thing you can remember inbetween Ippo getting smacked around by a man's unlaced boxing glove for ten chapters and Japanese Champion Ippo Makunouchi being elated at being able to have landed a punch on the rookie who spent 6 rounds beating him into the ground, you're a stronger, more patient person than me. I strongly prefer Itagaki's annoying carefree attitude and stupid puns to Ippo's two modes of frowny self-doubt / intense I-MUST-WIN-PRAISE-FROM-KAMOGAWA stand there and get hit routine.

I kinda just wanted him to win the title inoffensively so we could go on with the main story. We're almost certainly gonna get a month of Itagaki standing with his back turned to Ippo as the wind caresses both of them now, and after that humiliation he'll need to build up his reputation again, so we're probably in for 2 or 3 more teleporty fights. And this is on top of every other plot point we have. Ippo's fights, Takamura, Aoki getting revenge on that dude who nearly killed him. We had to watch Itagaki get built up in really bad fights for years, so that he can be completely demolished in 30 seconds, so that in a year or two from now he can maybe be where he was at 5 chapters ago.

Idunno guys! Maybe I'm just a dumb Itagaki lover!
I didn't really mind him until his dumb speed became "I can vanish into thin air!" dumb, all the while he's talking and speaking about how awesome he was. The kicker was his latest fight against Saeki where he was basically the bad guy. I don't really mind his attitude, it's when you combine it with his retarded speed that never loving ends and never loses to anything that he became annoying.

These chapters feel good not only because his smug face got what's coming but also because finally someone has a way to counter his stupid bonkers SpeedOfSound "fighting style" which was getting dreadful to watch and were the exact opposite to what I like in this manga. Finally we get to see the weaknesses and drawbacks of focusing only on speed and focus. I'm happy not only because he kind of got what's coming but also because this is basically confirmation that intelligent, well-rounded, experienced fighters are in the end going to come out on top of stupid gimmick poo poo like this so we can have more fights like Mike vs Volg instead of dumb poo poo like Woli vs Ippo and Itagaki vs Anyone.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Simoom posted:

Yeah I get where you're coming from for sure. The Saeki fight was the worst fight in recent memory. Aside from maybe when Ippo fought that guy and they stared at each other for the first four chapters or so. I just don't have the same faith as you I guess, cuz I think of a smart, well-rounded, experienced fighter, and all I can picture is Ippo or Takamura punching him in the face after being dominated for ten rounds. :(
When I think of a smart, well-rounded, experienced fighter I think Mike, Ippo (though Ippo is smart more in terms of how to use his body rather than battler tactician), Imai, Volg, etc. I'm thinking the kind of well-rounded boxer who needs to use positioning, mindgames, blocks and counters at the right moment to win, so there's some actual logic and tension to the fights, is way preferable to Itagaki/Woli, of course each fighter is always going to have differences and their own strengths but at least it's not boxing magic like those two.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Chaos341 posted:

Jesus guys chill out with your rabid hate of a fake person.
TBH it's a very good writer who can make you care so much about a character, even if the feeling is hatred.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

McNerd posted:

I'm fairly sure we're supposed to find Itagaki endearing.
I'm set on disagreeing because of the Saeki fight in which Itagaki was basically set up as the bad guy.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Ok so this was actually pretty rad. Finally he has grown past "getting punched in the face until opponent fist breaks" levels of tactic.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

To be honest the events themselves were not dumb.. Training your opponent to react the way you want him to. Saving your best punch until you're sure it will hit. Taking a punch with the forehead rather than your face when you have no time to escape. It's just the way morikawa's trying to paint it as a surprise that's off the charts.

His right is strongest.... he's only been using his left.... he's hiding something.... what could it be... oh no... no! Ippo! It's... our calculations... they're all wrong! ITS HIS OTHER HAND! THERE WILL BE A PUNCH FROM HIS OTHER PUNCHING HAND!!! IT'S WHAT HE'S BEEN-
I... i never painted you as a master tactician ippo... but maybe you do have what it takes to be the best. To miscalculate your opponents number of hands, and to take the opponents strongest punch with your face, that is the spirit of the kamogawa gym!

If the whole thing was painted as "I know his right is coming but not when, i'll just have to try to evade it when it comes" and the exact same events unfolded, it would have been all fine.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

I don't know, i'm really excited by the way this is playing out. Its a pretty interesting dilemma, such a basic style but with his durability and willingness to take hits to get in, it feels like there is really not point in the ring where you are at an advantage.

It's all a mental trick though, if Gonzy can just keep at a distance and keep banging Ippo's head in without worrying about his fist, he would win. Ippo is just a raging bull - he uses his persistance and insane durability to pressure you into making mistakes. And all he really needs is one mistake.
Although i'm wondering who would be able to beat Ippo. I think the only ways to beat him are to out-muscle him, which noone at his weight class will ever do, or to basically do what Gonzales is doing but without making any mistakes.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Yes! His weakness! A punch in the face! How did this happen

I like that he has been constantly punched in the face the whole match, but this. This punch. It was different. It had machisimo behind it.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Or this is going to end like Million Dollar Baby. Kamugawa crying as he pulls Ippo's life support, then drinks his sorrows away in faraway bars forever.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Flesnolk posted:

Which chapters should I skip if I want to pass over the Woli fight without missing anything

Honestly. Dont skip it. That fight is an experience, the same way watching Cosmo Kramer scream "hes a friend of the family" was an unforgettable experience. It really is so bad its worth reading.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Raws for 1053 are out and uh

This whole match is kind of paralleling Volg vs Mike where Mike got knocked out clean cold by an unexpected hit and never really came back from it. But this time it isn't a on-his-last-breath Volg on the other end.

If there is any fight in this series that Ippo might lose, it's this one. He's getting wrecked, bleeding from the whole face and his eye is swollen up. The knockdown got him bad, his legs are pretty much gone and Gonzy is smacking his face in repeatedly without breaking a sweat. But the thing is, we've seen all that before. But, it's not only that. He hasn't landed anything, not even a blocked punch since round 4 started, and he's just showing no signs of progress at all. I can't understand the texts but there's flashes of previous opponents e.g. Woli and it seems unlike previous times where he was remembering things he learned from them, this time it seems more like he's looking back at what he knows and not finding anything that can help him.

He's out of tactics, he keeps dashing in and it's not even close to working. At the end of 1053 he kind of loses his balance for a moment because his legs are giving up, and he's looking extremely sad and downbeat. I can't read the text ofc but, I can't recall seeing that face on Ippo before, he's got the face of someone who's realized he's lost. It looks like he's given up, kind of gives this weak little grin, goes and dashes in to go out punching at least.

Bisse fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Apr 8, 2014

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

tbp posted:

If he loving loses this fight this manga will end up being like 4500 chapters long
Well the alternative is his brain spontaneously samurai-spirit's up a brand new set of brain cells and suddenly Ippo changes his entire one-track gameplan thats taken him through the entirety of the manga.

I dont know I feel like having Ippo lose a fight and be forced to develop would not be a bad move on one end but on the other end it's waaay too late in the manga to do that at this point. I dont know what would be worse, having Ippo win or having Ippo lose. Morikawa's basically forced himself into a corner here. drat it, couldn't he have skipped all the drat fights from Woli and onwards until Volg vs Mike? :smith:

EDIT: I can accept Ippo losing if his next match is with another high-up world ranker where Ippo shows off a new set of tactics that lets him win impressively enough to get a match with #1 right after. It's not too unrealistic and it could be a fairly quick progression.

Bisse fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Apr 8, 2014

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Flesnolk posted:

That's why Nekota was doing so well while Kamogawa got the poo poo kicked out of him until he landed a couple lucky punches.
Oh you mean like a certain other boxer

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Re: Morikawa runs a boxing gym:

quote:

Morikawa-sensei is a part time corner man for pro boxers

(2005-06-04) Was cornerman for WBA Bantamweight No. 1 contender, Fukushima Manabu, however his title match was delayed due to an injury by a champion and fought and defeated a Filipino fight in retur
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=5957

So yeah :haw: that second quote explains the Woli (who was from the Philippines IIRC) travesty too. Mori was cornerman for someone who ended up fighting a Filipino and it must have been a crazy match because then he went and did the same matchup in HNI. I guess it's harder to notice that the fight sucks for Mori if he was trying to recreate something he experienced IRL?

And I guess that could be a reasonable explanation for some horrendous matches as well? Perhaps Mori had recently seen a match that was started out as a starefest and then closed in one punch when he wrote *that* fight?

Bisse fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Apr 29, 2014

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

WhiffleballDude posted:

So yeah. I really like Hajime no Ippo. It's totally a potato chip series, where I can just keep going and going and going, which I don't normally do with most manga or anime.
Please give us a status report after the Woli fight.

And the stare-fest fight.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

WhiffleballDude posted:

Finished the Woli fight. Gonna be honest, not sure what the big issue is. It's not great or anything, it has the same problems as the Gedo fight with a large chunk of it basically having nothing happen while Ippo gets his rear end kicked, and the way Woli loses his advantage is loving stupid, but it wasn't all that terrible. Probably unbearable to read when it's not all out there already but it seems like that's been the case for like 10 years with this series so w/e.
So you liked:

- Racist stereotype monkey man
- ...jumping around on the ropes and doing pretty much impossible punches because vat a genius
- ...for 25 chapters
- ...while never getting hit, as if reactions, positioning, momentum, and physically intersecting the travel path of the opponents fists, do not matter.
- Light taps that leave a fist mark
- ...the ONE INCH PUNCH! (Which will never be used ever again)
- Ippo "The Punching Bag" Makunochi with his unique "Block the opponents fist with my face" fighting style
- ...and taking no lasting damage whatsoever and regenerating it all between each round.
- Coach's amazing coaching. 'Your strategy of "charging in like a dumbfuck and getting punched" isn't working! My advice is... keep doing it! Eventually it HAS to work'

There is a reason (or well, lots of them) it's panned as the worst fight in the series.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

To be fair, some of these things are present in all the fights. It's just that this fight had all of them, at the same time, and so much more, and pushed them all to the max. This fight is, for example, by far the worst case of Ippo "Fist Magnet" "King of Dodg-oh wait" "Faceful-o-fists" "Unique fighting style" Makunouchi. In literally no other fight does he take so many blows directly to the head for so long. And the of course no lasting damage from them at all. I mean usually I can tolerate it and relate it to real boxers even but this was just too much, beyond the realms of plausibility.

I don't think he blocked a single punch ever throughout the entire fight. (Except for with his face)

Not saying you have to hate, just saying why i Do hate it.

Bisse fucked around with this message at 11:51 on May 9, 2014

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

trucutru posted:

To me the main problem with that shitastic fight is that Ippo was so outmatched that his goal was just to tap Woli. And then, somehow, that's all he needed! Because Ippo doesn't even need to hit you hard to destroy your rear end, just the gentle touch of his virginal fists causes all kinds of internal damage.
For reference, this was the 'one-inch punch' I referred to before. Ippo is doing light love taps. No wait Ippo is actually the master of ancient chinese technique the One-Inch Punch (TM).

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

I'm angry. Angry about comics!

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

tbp posted:

and the coach said Woli would become infinitely better after that match haha
Oh gently caress no not a woli rematch.

Unless it's a mirror of the latest Itagaki fight :getin:

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

KidDynamite posted:

I've gott to say it's an interesting hole moro dug himself into because Ippo fans were captured but the fact that he's the underdog getting beat but the story should have progressed beyond that after like Sanada. The ebb and flow of fights should have been starting to change to Ippo becoming dominant like Takamura but then that would then the pace would change and the manga would have ended and no more cash for basically making GBS threads out lead up and the same fight over and over again.
That's bullshit. Ippo can still grow, he'll just encounter strong opponents until he reaches the top. He can always be the underdog until he's #1. Being the underdog doesn't mean he has to have zero development.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

You are going to love the next Itagaki fight :unsmigghh:

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Fabricated posted:

So I guess the point of these chapters is that Ippo is a really bad boxer who has only gotten this far in his career by having a cast iron skull and being able to punch so hard that he wins if you just gently caress up enough for him to really hit you good once or twice
The manga really focuses on the basics on boxing being important. E.g. Woli had a billion gimmicks and tricks and Itagaki did his GOTTA GO FAST thing but they both got ruined by the basics.

But where Ippo sucks is he only has one track. Other boxers can do several different tactics even if they mostly focus on one. Mr. Machisimo here can hold his own in a close fight even though he's an outboxer. But Ippo is lazer focusing on one thing, and while he does it really really well, if you can find a way around it he's got no answer.

In my mind there's only two possible outcomes for this match:
- Ippo comes up with a new tactic other than rushing in (probably some sort of dodging skill) to stop applying face to fist.
- Ippo loses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

trucutru posted:

-Ippo trusts himself and the coach, regains confidence in his boxing, and wins.
If the solution to "you're losing because your strategy is to slam your head into the opponents fist" is "keep slamming your head into the opponents fist until it works" then I am literally going to flip the loving table.