Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
hahaha you too? uuuuuuggghhhh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Got it back in *then* remembered to do a leakdown. one intake valve is leaking. gently caress me I can't get a break with this oval office.

Guy I bought the carb/exhaust from is gonna cut the seats, fix whatevers fuckt, and set valve lash (which is great since USPS disappeared my shim kit).

USPS EMPLOYEE IF YOU'RE SEEING THIS, gently caress YOU IN YOUR loving gently caress.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Geirskogul posted:

I've used black (for looks) and also red (for heat, but really because I didn't have black). Both have worked well.

They're both good to 650F so slather that poo poo on!

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
More loving wiring.

err more unfucking wiring rather.

Speakerwire and HF bullet connectors have no place on a bike.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEOOOriMky0

gently caress yes it (sort of) runs.

FCR39 float was being a oval office and pissing everywhere.
POs awesome wiring left the cdi not working.

^2-3 hours of futzing with the above I crammed the CV40 from the klr in and fucker starts on the first kick. I'll go back sometime next week to break the cams in.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
You could probably find an automotive block plug to tap into the hole the starter is occupying.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
rebuilt the flatslide carb and installed it. Also installed the rear brake master cylinder guard.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Ditched the ratty black bodywork.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

XYLOPAGUS posted:

Tried to mount pods to my FZR and spent so many loving hours trying to get it to run well. I re visited my mounting issue with the airbox, reset the jetting and was way loving happier in the end. Hth

Sorta the same for my fzr hybrid. Spent 2 ish years dicking with the jetting on the pods. I finally got it right and sold the motherfucker.

Sold the klr last night. Goodbye you fucker, now I have a little more shop space for my next victim.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Parted ways with a piece of paycheck to turn my drz into a ticket machine.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
I unfucked (more) PO things!

gently caress YOU PO

gently caress YOU PO

one fork was filled almost to the top with 15wt oil. the other got whatever was left in his 1l bottle, which wasn't very much.
Dumped the poo poo out. cleaned it all up, and put 5wt in at the proper loving height. It actually rides somewhat decent.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Deeters posted:

Looks like someone had a tool kit comprised of a hammer and vice grips.

Given how the rest of the bike was assembled? Agreed.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Slavvy posted:

What a remarkably enraging image.

Gets better. I just ticked over 500mi and its due for babbies first valve check. the flywheel plug to spin the crank is a 10mm allen...it shares a lot in common with the afore mentioned fork cap.

Guess I'll be using the Ducati method (TM) to set the crank.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
oh hey you have the old plug head.

I was gonna dremel a slot on it and order whatever blingy ones are on ebay to replace.

You'll like the cams :D

I'm running the stage II hotcams, stroker, slant FCR, E airbox, whatever foam filter it came with, and fmf powercore 4 thats louder than fuuck.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
Yeah I'd at least throw 1pc valves in it... I went with wisecos, fairly reasonable in price. Amazon had the cams pretty cheap too.

I stuck to a stock bore, a 470 would have barreled more money into an already seemingly bottomless pit.

E: I bought mine with a big hole where the crank used to be...so it was easy to start fresh. :D

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Remounted the key switch from the end of the bark buster to the ram mount. Also moved the ram mount further inboard to clear the mirrors when folded in.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
Unfucked some more PO bullshit.

Lower one is the one that came out.
Frame screen. I noticed at the last oil change it was really hard to remove, and threads looked hosed, so I bought a used one from ebay.

1200mi oil change woo

yeah the PO left me this kick rear end stripped case plugs. I bought the blingy red one on ebay for a dollar. the TDC plug was also stripped, and would leak when I wound the engine over 8 thousand.

I think just the countershaft seal leaks at this point. :v:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Slavvy posted:

Why is there a pipe with a high pressure banjo fitting at one end and what appears to be a simple hose and clamp setup on the other end? Is that just suzuki being suzuki?

yes. that hose slips over the frame screen and connects to the oil feed for the pump. There is no pressure through that hose.

suzuki does some weird poo poo....

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
stator take a poo poo? :(

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Marxalot posted:

e: FWIW my stator lasted about 20kmi and I haven't needed to replace a battery in a long time.

This is what I've generally seen. 20k per stator. Do the "free power mod" while you're in there. and if it is your stator, locktite the gently caress out of it when you replace.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Marxalot posted:

You know, I could see it being his kickstand switch.

oh right, keep it simple stupid. :v:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

clutchpuck posted:

Hey Chiche, you need something more dependable? I have a broken Ulysses in my garage. Come get it.

Uly dualsport bastard bike? this could be awesome.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Chichevache posted:

My poor, broken DRZ was either stolen or towed. It was in East Palo Alto, so probably the former.

aaaa fucker. I'm not even an hour from you. I could have brought the wrangler over and thrown it in the back.

a blown drz *will* fit, did it once, twice wouldn't matter.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

shhhhhhhh little drz, everything will be juuuust fiiiine.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Chichevache posted:

:smith::hf::smith:
I wanted to keep that bike forever, it was so fun. I won't miss its gremlins though.

Mine is a KTM in yellow clothing.

Little fucker.

Its my fault though. I can't leave well enough alone

44t sprocket arrived for the sm wheels. Now I can get those put on.
Serviced the air filter to find out it was taking a poo poo. so I ordered another and a longer shift lever.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Little yellow rear end in a top hat machine is now 300% more fun to ride.

The front caliper bracket I have is for a 280mm rotor, not a 320, so I stuffed a dirt rotor on for now. its eeeeehhhhhhhh.

E: 14/44 sprockets make for a gently caress of a lot of fun too.

cursedshitbox fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Sep 30, 2015

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
rear triangle for the suspension is slightly different too. My forks are chewed to poo poo from sliding on the tarmac by the po...not that this matters anyway.

SM rear rotors are larger too, to fit a larger rear rotor to the S model you use RM125/250 caliper brackets.

I should be getting inverted RM forks and a cnc'd triple any day now

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
K/E models till 05 or so. otherwise its a cv36. cams, airbox, header are also different.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Chichevache posted:

What did I do to my ride today? I purchased it.:getin:

Now don't blow the loving engine.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Marxalot posted:

Hey, my DRZ has an diagnosed oil leak that's extremely slow, and getting oily bullshit on the right side of my back tire.

What Would Chichevache Do???

I have an auto chain oiler on mine because loving drz countershaft. Whatever, after every ride I check it.....which is exactly what Chichevache wouldn't do.

its the single most annoying loving thing god drat ever. 2nd seal kit, still slobbers. I think its from the fact the case/main/counter shafts came from a engine with a countershaft bearing failure

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Let it take a nap after a 700 mile trip to death valley.

E start quit on day two for fuckwatever reason. day 3 it started working after I forgot to turn the kill switch off and kicked it for 5 minutes solid.
Noticed the torque limiting gear cover was leaking a little so I pushed it over to replace the O ring and generally look the starter bullshit over.

the wifes bike? lolololol

One of these things is not like the other.

It just rolled 30,000 mi the day before too. Uhauled the fucker home.

He's ordering a ported/polished big valve head and a 790cc kit for it.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
2006 DR650. Hes not even had it 6 months either heh.

it went pop about half a mile from furnace creek ranch.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Coydog posted:

650 to 790 sounds like a pretty decent power boost. Good thing it didn't pop when you were out on the trails or something. I see you put the dirt wheels back on for that excursion.

We're super fortunate it didnt explode the day before, we were thinking of running some single track stuff back towards the hotel, but at last minute decided not to. That morning when we filled our bikes Id noted that it was sounding a bit off. rode south to artist drive and it was closed so the group backtracked north, right as he passed the resort it died.

yeah I burned the dogshit out of the t63 on that trip though. playing catchup with R1200GSAs on the highway isn't fun or easy. and on the fire trails I tore some chunks out of the side lugs.

fwiw I went from 400 to 424 in mine. ever lil' bit counts. :3:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Slavvy posted:

What goes in the braincase looking thing at the top?

Air filter.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Slavvy posted:

:suicide:

What's wrong with ducatis again?

starbucks is lovely coffee.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
sooo you should buy it back!

theres also a rearended one on the local craigs for 750. :D

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
I have mothershitload of stock parts at my shop if you do get it back...

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
I'm roughly matched cost wise with my friends stock 06 SM. but I've a fuckload more go-fast than he does.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Yerok posted:

Just buy a loving KTM.

He couldn't keep engines in a drz, the gently caress makes you think he can make a ktm last.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Ola posted:

Totally. And pecs. And some drat endurance. Put that cardio work in, bikes.

which is why the KLR is out.

Found my intermittent no start issue. Factory solder joint on the battery terminal took a poo poo. Good thing I sprung for the kickstart, because it stayed broken for almost two weeks :v: