Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Lazlow posted:

http://www.soccertriads.com

Got both the German and Bayern home jerseys from here and they're great. Don't know if they're knockoffs or not, but they look and feel pretty drat authentic and were half the price of WorldSoccerShop.com.

I'd recommend them as well - I got a long-sleeve home Liverpool jersey from them last year. I'm happy with the quality and the price was great; unfortunately like most of these quasi-legit sites, the only available sizes are "M" (42" Chest) or "XL" (48").

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Nothus posted:

I can't take Rooney seriously, even when he's trying to look stoic.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Bacon of the Sea posted:

They are awesome kits, but weren't Hull third division at that time and in a slump?

I'd be pretty slump-y too if I had to wear that pattern and I wasn't Tony Montana's sister from Scarface or something

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Zombie_Chow posted:

Our new jersey for this season (Pachuca)

Click here for the full 1304x891 image.

:sigh: Being it Nike and full of sponsors makes it look very strange.

EDIT: whoops, fixed.

Needs more poo poo all over it.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Bacon of the Sea posted:

Thailand has the best club logos. They're so ott that even American sports teams look on in shock and awe.

These are all FANTASTIC - now where can I get a Pattaya United kit?

(also chiangrai - is that a dung beetle??)

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

luvd posted:

What name did you want?

aooooogah

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

MoPZiG posted:

Kappa's swamp technology in full effect.

That looks absolutely miserable, i wonder how much that thing weighs after 90 minutes.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

hecko posted:

Brazil's 3rd ?

This is awesome I MUST HAVE IT

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
I just received my order from SoccerTriads - pretty good turnaround time (2 weeks to the US), good price and the quality is superb. Since I know people are a bit leery, I'll try to post photos soon so you can decide for yourself.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Stim posted:

:gonk:

Needs more stripes.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

thehappyprince posted:

In other news, are quoted pictures not loading for anyone else?

Yeah, I seem to get that about 2/3 of the time but the Milan jersey pics etc seemed to show up for me

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

harperdc posted:

What in the sweet holy gently caress have Reebok done this time?

:gonk:

I think Reebok has now transcended to avant garde art with this one.

On a related note, are there ANY other football teams that anyone can think of that are also sponsored by Reebok right now? I couldn't come up with any, which if so, is a tragedy.

T Fowl posted:

Do rugby shirts cost more than football shirts?
Yeah looks that way - this is the suspected jersey shown earlier, it comes in at NZ$ 220 = $175 USD = £107

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
That's probably going to look an awful lot like Milan's new home kit

Could be worse I guess.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Thirteenth Step posted:

Yeah it's the new away. What a shame, loved the red... it had history.

Pretty meh. The red was much better.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Uh...

***barfs/laughs uncontrollably***

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

limpet posted:

Allegedly, it looks like this:

At least the god-awful sponsor is in white this time.

By Reebok's standards, that's great. By every other kitmakers...

(actually it's ok, that sponsor is just annoyingly huge)

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Surely a coincidence.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
NinjaSteve, you are my personal hero and I'm bitterly jealous of all the kits you own.

Also what Ninpo said - great post.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

trem_two posted:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHICHARITO-...d5#ht_993wt_733

Pretty sweet bargain

Someone please buy this for brapbrapbrap when Chicarito becomes top scorer. Presumably Brandy would gladly do so...?

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Giovanni_Sinclair posted:

Just got this in the mail today. Got it off of Ebay 40ish from the UK and it's been the shirt I been looking for many years, looks great and fits wells.
http://i.imgur.com/JFv1h.jpg

I'm not even an Arsenal fan and have always loved that shirt. Nice pickup.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

I want all of these . The tightness of all the Puma kits is always tough call between it looking cool if you're in decent shape but still running the risk of it looking ridiculous no matter what.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
That's awesome, I would love for this kind of thing to happen more often just to see everyone flip out. He really hit the trifecta: media, fans and companies looking to make a quick buck.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

GravityDaemon posted:

Wow, that's quite nice. The wide striped shirts are always so much better.

Definitely agree - the 10/11 was one of my favorites of the last 5-10 years. Nice and simple:

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Shrapnac posted:

Good clean looking shirt but I think the green on the sleeves should be half the width.

Yeah they look like captain's armbands on each sleeve

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Just got this via a Soccer Triads email, looks like a cycling jersey to me :staredog:

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

TheGoatFeeder posted:

My flatmate owns this monstrosity from the early 90's:

That's so terrible it's beautiful. The lines are moving but they're not moving :catdrugs:

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

BigStu posted:

I will be getting one

Very nice. I bet United wish their kit looked like that this year

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Looks like a scuba suit with a couple buttons.

Not as bad as say, Barca or Leeds, but don't know why they didn't opt to keep it clean and simple like the home.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Knockoffs like that Barca one aren't perfect but like Mickolution said, it's not easily identifiable as bootleg. The most obvious ones are when it's missing the Nike swoosh or the font on the back is Comic Sans or something, with the letters jammed together and 3x smaller than the actual jerseys.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Frankston posted:

I like the gold trim at the bottom of that Villa shirt, and the lion looks pretty cool. As long as it doesn't have those poxy Macron men anywhere on it I'll buy it.

e: scratch that, looks like they'll be there.

I'd be pretty skeptical of a kit designed by a guy who wears a pigeon carcass around his neck.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Nike's international strips have usually been pretty solid imo. Obviously their club ones often leave much to be desired

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Not too surprised if those are real and/or away tops as everything Warrior has done football-wise, kits, shoes, anything has been atrocious with the exception of the home strip, which should be pretty hard to screw up (although Nike has clearly proved that wrong recently with Barca and MUFC).

I mean they literally titled these teal monstrosities the SKREAMER, American marketing at it's finest :patriot::

http://www.warriorfootball.com/boot/skreamer

I guess as long as the home is consistently decent it's not a big deal since I'm guessing the ratio of home jerseys sold vs away/3rd is probably 10:1 anyway.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

The Prisoner posted:

Having a class away kit is always wonderful, though, particularly because it might get people who have had the mostly-unchanging home kit to spring for a new one.
I have this thing and love wearing it for pickup games:

Absolutely agree, I love the last couple of years' Adidas away tops, specifically because they are pretty different from the standard/plain home but still look great.

I just meant more from a kitmaker's standpoint since the reality is that 90% of what's sold and their big moneymaker is the home kit so they HAVE to not gently caress that up.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Hegav posted:

Adidas presents
Denim Olympique Marseille 2013/14 - Away

That is.. that is.. something. Even has a pocket lol.

That's incredibly awful but if they're going to do denim pockets, at least use rivets.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

ShutteredIn posted:

Hahaha Real Madrid's new font:

Sevilla already beat them to the "Silly scrawled font on a Spanish team's top" race a few years back:

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

The SARS Volta posted:

Looks like one of those magic eye pictures

When you cross your eyes, it shows "7th place"

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

onoflalks posted:

Bolton's got a new badge and sponsor because QuickQuid were booted off the shirt for being loansharks

Can't be worse than the monstrosities Reebok used to foist on them.

Also since they were relegated, I hadn't realized Adidas were their kit-maker. I wonder how that happened given their long relationship with (and actual stadium named) Reebok.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

hecko posted:

Rumored Boca Juniors 3rd kit

Would be better if this was the #2 jersey, you know because it looks like a giant bottle of Pepto Bismal

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

Haha are those socks really different colours or am I going mental.

Not only that but the colors on the kit doesn't align to the colors of the socks ie the purple side is on the right of the shirt but on the left sock :cripes:

Warrior truly taking :downsbravo: to a new level

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
not that it matters because I'm an idiot but 1/2 serious.

While you can obviously wear a sock on either foot if you look at Warrior's socks on the Home and Away, they clearly intend to have a left sock to be worn on the left and right for the right and I'm guessing that's how the team will wear these.