Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Krailor
Nov 2, 2001
I'm only pretending to care
Taco Defender

PPills posted:

I have this PVR software called SageTV on my PC but it is no longer able to be purchased (I missed out on buying it several years back). Today my 21 day trial expired for SageTV, and it has also been exactly 21 days since I formatted (when I got my first SSD).

The only way I can get it to work again is to reformat Windows and start all over again, because for the life of me, I can't figure out how to get the program cleanly installed again. I've tried to search the registry for 'sagetv' entries and delete them all, but to no avail.

Any ideas?

You might want to check their forums http://forums.sagetv.com/ there might be an answer there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krailor
Nov 2, 2001
Taco Defender

RedneckwithGuns posted:

So a friend of mine installed the W10 preview as my new OS for a new computer I built and so far everything is working great, but whenever I try to delete the Windows.old folder it had left over from my last install, it says I need SYSTEM permission to do so? It's taking up like 30gb on my tiny 250gb solid state so any way I could figure out what it wants me to do to get rid of it would be helpful.

You need to do it through Disk Cleanup.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/how-remove-windows-old-folder

Krailor
Nov 2, 2001
Taco Defender

Spikeguy posted:

So what's the consensus? Is getting a Windows 7 OEM cool? I just installed a new motherboard and cpu and my old Windows 7 isn't booting any more and I'd like to not break the bank getting the same OS I already had.

You should be able to re-install using your existing Win7 key.

Or just install the Win10 preview it should be a free upgrade for Win7 users anyway.

Krailor fucked around with this message at 00:01 on May 13, 2015

Krailor
Nov 2, 2001
Taco Defender

s.i.r.e. posted:

Awesome, thanks!

Good lord, $70.

FYI - If you are just looking to clone a drive the free version is all you need.