Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

Mickolution posted:

Is he gone for good? I know a lot of people don't like him, but I always have. Any idea who's replacing him?

I thought he was leaving for a while because he's doing some westend show for a while, no mention of who'd be taking over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Sky Sports have a La Liga weekly podcast, but it's only available on loving itunes :argh:

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

etcetera08 posted:

You can't get the RSS url into something else?

Edit: Found it!

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Hoops posted:

Two versions of Football Weekly came out, one is about two minutes longer than the other. Does anyone know the difference? I can't be bothered listening to it twice just to hear some extra inane chat about Serie A.

[edit]nevermind its actually only 9 seconds difference

Ah, I was wondering what the difference was - I can see both on my RSS and the airport wifi I'm on is slow so I want to ensure I get at least one copy to listen to on the flight home

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

euroboy posted:

I have never listened to a football podcast. Where should I start?

I listen to far too many podcasts, but these are the football ones in my current list:

Recommended
5live Football Daily - BBC 5Live Radio daily podcast, usually just interviews/match reports from the days games, but sometimes has interviews/specials.

Football Weekly - The Guardian's podcast and IMO probably the best one on mainstream football, you can't beat a bit of AC Jimbo's punnery.

The Game Podcast - The Times' football podcast with Gabrielle Marcotti, along with FW probably the best podcast for mainstream football - more Premier league coverage and less La Liga/Serie A than FW.

Sky Sports News Radio - La Liga Weekly - Weekly round up of La Liga match reaction & news, usually has Dr Sid Lowe on a dodgy phone line. Sometimes has comments from the Sky Sports La Liga commentators and occasionally interviews with some La Liga players.

BBC Non League Show - Covers all things non-league, which as a non-league fan is great. How else would you hear that Barton Old Boys' game vs Stavely yesterday was abandoned due to an unplayable pitch with Barton 6-0 up!

European Football Show - Monthly podcast with Dave Farrar (ESPN commentator), has people like Michael Cox (Zonal Marking) and Ben Lyttleton talking about pretty much any major European league.

If you've nothing else to listen to

The Football Ramble - 4 Random people who have media jobs talk about the weeks football, hard to describe but "The Dean Windass hall of Fame" (profiles of things from football you may not know about) and "Going for Glold" (guess the player from the clues) are worth listening to.

We Are Going Up! - Dedicated Football League podcast, they've got bloggers for most of the clubs talking about football league matters.

The Football Pubcast - Literally 5 blokes talking about football in a pub, contains excessive news on Gillingham for some reason. Mostly bollocks. They also have a sub-podcast which is the Football Pubcast down-under which is 5 blokes talking about football in a pub in Australia, which has a bit of focus on the A-league.

Tony's Team Talk - Another one from BBC 5Live, Dan Walker (who presents football focus) and Conor McNamara (radio commentator) talk about the latest stories, and have a challenge to try and fit a silly phrase into their weeks work. Last weeks was "Apple Turnover".

Two Footed Tackle - not sure how to describe this, but as it's coming to an end at the end of the season I probably wouldn't bother. Has coverage of some of the lower leagues & non-league stuff, but nothing special.

The Football Project - Covers a lot of european stuff, with a game of the week from pretty much any of the major european leagues. Has a quiz which is quite fun to try and beat the pundits (not hard, especially if it's on football league stuff). Audio quality is poor - it's very quiet.

I also listen to the BBC's Inside Tottenham Hotspur podcast but I doubt you'll be interested in that :)

JingleBells fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Apr 11, 2012

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Lot 49 posted:

Is Patrick Barclay still on The Game podcast? He was single-handedly responsible for me giving up on that one about a year ago.

No, he's left the Times now

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

HinderedUseless posted:

Is there a way to stream The Game podcast in a browser? Looks like I could get it off iTunes, but I can't seem to find it in a browser without getting hit by the Times paywall. It's not the end of the world, and I can just grab it when I get home. But it would be nice to stream it at work.

The RSS feed is here which combined with an RSS reader (like google reader) gives you HTTP links to the MP3 files :)

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Hoops posted:

I quite like Dave Farrar on Football Weekly. Seems to enjoy it whilst still holding it together and moving the discussion on. Can also deliver a joke which very few of them can.

Yeah he's a good presenter - he also hosts the European Football Show which returned in the new year, with Ben Lyttleton off the Sports Illustrated Soccer Round table, and people like Marcotti, Jonathan Wilson & Zonal Marking dropping in.

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Football Weekly very extra has arrived, complete with this mystery guest:

I'd never have guessed that's what James Horncastle looks like!

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Also Paul Rideout and Mark Hateley

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Mandalay posted:

Podcasts collide as Jonathan Wilson posts a pod of him, Marcus from the Ramble, Phillippe Au Clair, and Gab Marcotti. Haven't listened yet but sounds promising: https://soundcloud.com/blizzard-podcasts

The Blizzard Q&As are a really good listen - Marcus makes an excellent host, especially when he provides his answers to the audiences questions

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Hats off to the Football Ramble for actually mentioning how we made a game of our trip to Sunderland - FW didn't mention us at all despite having a Sunderland fan on the panel, while The Game mentioned us in passing with Bournemouth in a "what if someone did a shock, what a bad round it was".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

I was at the live show in Manchester (even got my question read out: https://twitter.com/JingleBells/status/1037397231127724032 ).
It was briefly mentioned as the Totally Football Show are playing the same venue next month - Barry said he's no grudges about AC Jimbo and said he'd bumped into him recently and had a chat - however from what I've read on twitter he really dislikes Michael Cox & Iain Macintosh. Max also asked how many were going to see TTFS live - most of us put our hands up.

As for how the live show was - it was fairly football-lite really - Barry and Max mostly going about funny things rather than anything analytical - although Sid & Lars occasionally tried to make a serious point. I went to a Blizzard talk at the football museum a few days before with Rory Smith, Jonathan Wilson, Miguel Delaney & Jonathan Northcroft - that was really good and far more interesting although Miguel Delaney needs to build up some anecdotes - most of the time when asked few throw away questions (best game between two poo poo teams, funniest thing someone in the crowd has shouted) he didn't have an answer