Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

emdash posted:

upcoming DEP US tour
O'Brother (never heard) and Cult Leader (gently caress yeah) at all dates. Bent Knee 10/12-10/23, Entheos 10/25-11/7, Car Bomb 11/9-11/19

Sat 10/15 – New York, NY – Webster Hall

I misread the Webster Hall calendar at first and thought this was gonna be in the Marlin Room which would have been completely out of hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Stelio Kontos posted:

New Norma Jean is better than Wrongdoers, but its still pretty boring. Pretty disappointing, Meridional is one of my favorite albums ever.

I have never been able to get into Meridional at all, but I really like the new one.

Redeemer and The Anti-Mother took a bit to grow on me but Wrongdoers and Polar Similar were immediate "Ok yeah I am into this."

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Map Change might be the best ETID song since Ebolarama Moor, god drat.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Sep 24, 2016

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

xZAOx posted:

Fine, I'll come out and say it - I'm not enamored with the new ETID. Been listening to the deluxe edition on Spotify, and I just end up tuning it out and very little catches my ear.

I mean, it's not bad or anything, and it's fine to listen to. But I get much more pumped at Hot drat or FPU.

It's kind of "same ol, same ol" ETID, but the great songs on it are great.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

emdash posted:

dillinger tour starts tonight in Baltimore at Soundstage. :getin:

I am very much excited for Saturday's show. Even though it's going to destroy my body.

EDIT: poo poo I assume the ETID show in NYC is long sold-out. Have to remember to check that tomorrow. Hey cool I'm seeing ETID on Halloween.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Oct 14, 2016

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
DEP last night was out of hand in the best possible way.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

SchwarzeKrieg posted:

Golly gee, this certainly is a tour.

I just saw that and was about to post this.

Also holy poo poo Music Hall Of Williamsburg? That's gonna be carnage.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

ShoogaSlim posted:

Of course I move out of NYC where I would have access to both the Brooklyn and Long Island shows. No LA show but there is one happening in a town about an hour away. Ticket already bought. Will be drunk and flexing all night.

I feel like Revolution is nowhere near big enough for an ETID headlining tour.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

ShoogaSlim posted:

Good haha. Maybe they'll play some old stuff and it'll be an absolute poo poo show. If you go, please let me know if Keith talks about the old days of Long Island playing at The Downtown, etc. Do one cartwheel for every/any old Long Island venues get mentioned that night.

I don't have a car, so no LI shows for me anymore in 99.999% of cases (this isn't that .001, especially since the Brooklyn venue is also real small.)

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

RIP Crazy Donkey

I saw Glassjaw there!

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Kelp Me! posted:

google music loving rules because even without a paid membership you can upload 20,000 songs and stream them wherever, which means I never have to worry about the fact that my phone doesn't have expandable storage

Yeah, the file streaming feature is the best part of Google Music.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
So I saw Knocked Loose and ETID tonight (I missed Harms Way :() and Knocked Loose were trying way too hard and their attempts and getting the crowd to do stuff was like watching Jeb(!) ask people to clap.

ETID were loving phenomenal.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I am super hyped for the Map Change video.

emdash posted:

Someone brought a baby to the show O_O

Yeah but did it crowd surf?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Wamsutta posted:

Yikes I didn't even think about the hearing thing, now I'm low key mad at the parents, I don't even reckon it's a good idea for a baby to be at a show with the yugest, most beautiful hearing protection money can buy

Keith rules

There is definitely baby-centric earpro out there, you see it on athlete babies when they come to championship games and all that. I would hope they weren't gonna even let the kid in if the parents didn't have muffs for it.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
ETID are touring with Taking Back Sunday this summer and you fuckin' know I just got a ticket to the NYC date.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Looks like ETID is gonna drop the Map Change video on Friday. I wanna watch it.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
ETID finally dropped the Map Change video and it's good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Gau6SL-Xt0

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

kumba posted:

I've been jamming the new Mutoid Man and it's loving awesome

I am looking forward to seeing them tomorrow, but I should really listen to the whole album.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
The Chariot?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Oh man that album cover is a hell of a thing.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Everybody got to touch Jordan Buckley at the ETID show last night.

https://twitter.com/JordanETID/status/889903772952137729

It would have been the best if they just started the next song while he was still out there.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Kelp Me! posted:

you lucky gently caress I even set a reminder and couldn't get tickets

I missed it too. I did see them at their first NYC farewell show though, and caught when they played St Vitus so I'm not too too broken up.

Also I hate Terminal 5 so having a good excuse to not go is nice.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

emdash posted:

i never cared much for the bronx's music but their live show is preeeetty sick and, if on the fence, you should go see it

I'm seeing them and '68 in a couple of weeks and I'm pumped. That latest '68 album has some amazing tracks on it.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

emdash posted:

the Chariot was really good live imo (i know that was disputed long ago in this thread, tho). Hope '68 will be similar!

XIII posted:

Wait, people were claiming The Chariot WEREN'T good live?!

I never got into The Chariot at all, but I saw them open for Underoath once (the bill also included These Arms Are Snakes, it was hilarious watching teenaged scene kids try to figure out what the hell to do during their set) and people lost their loving minds when they played. Like, maybe more energy than when Underoath came on.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

kumba posted:

The new Glassjaw reminded me that I hate post-hardcore

The new At the Drive-In was equally terrible

I feel extremely the opposite about Glassjaw and very much the same about ATDI. It's not really surprising though, it seems like Cedric is physically incapable of singing like he used to.

XIII posted:

I've never been the biggest Glassjaw fan, but the bass tone on the new album is killer.

The bass on their stuff since they "reformed" and recorded Coloring Book/Our Color Green has been amazing. It's a shame that Palumbo and Beck seem so toxic they can't keep anybody else in the band for longer than one album, though.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
The Armed are releasing a new album and they just dropped a video and this is going to shock you: It loving kills.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d_FbzopZWc

(Ben Koller is on drums for this track, too.)

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Mackers posted:

Content: Jinjer-Pisces is kinda cool. Girls got a cool voice

Caveat: I may be slightly blinded by her being my dream woman

Speaking of woman-fronted bands, Rolo Tomassi has a new video (it's not exactly one of their heavier tracks but whatever.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSQYs8KancA

I love their drumming so goddamn much on every song. New album is gonna be really good.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

kumba posted:

Someone turned me on to the latest offering from Rolo Tomassi and I'm impressed.

If BTBAM were a post-rock band with a female vocalist, this is what it would sound like I think

Their last two albums are absolutely amazing. I'm really hoping they come back to the US on tour soon.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Dango Bango posted:

Venue in my hometown posted a live Facebook video of Every Time I Die who's opening for Motionless in White. I'm hoping it's just the side they were shooting from, but it looks like everyone is just standing there.

How do you just stand there for ETID?!? :mad:

Bigger, more important question is why ETID always tours with the worst loving bands if they aren't the headliners.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Henchman of Santa posted:

I was going to say this as well. They're always touring and it's always with lovely scene bands. I've only seen them at festivals for that reason.

When they headline they're great, shows sell out, and they usually have great opening bands (even if I don't necessarily like them, it's people like Knocked Loose.)

If they're opening, it's always for somebody like Atreyu for Motionless In White and it's infuriating.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

SchwarzeKrieg posted:

New TRUSTcompany single is pretty boring
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kq1a_oMPswM

kumba posted:

boy they sure took a DOWWWWWWNFALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

I will always have a soft spot for TRUSTcompany and Trapt :sigh:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

kumba posted:

back off

I'll take you on

You're so headstrong you'd take on anyone!

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Day loving made

https://twitter.com/thearmed/status/989541376852480000

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I remember somebody once telling me I would like Five Finger Death Punch and listened to less than 30 seconds of one song and seriously considered never speaking to that person again.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Palm Reader are so goddamn good an also I will fight whoever doesn't like DEP.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzG6pKmY6wQ

wat?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Beelzebozo posted:

lol remember that ad from like two years ago? Whatever happened to Shelter Red? Are they still together?

God drat I didn't even notice the date, my friend only just showed it to me. That's a fuckin' deep cut to drop The Armed in there in 2016.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I feel like several people in this thread will appreciate this:
https://twitter.com/torikravitz/status/1021126937199202304

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

XIII posted:

I don't know what it says about me that I was genuinely a little letdown by this.

It just means ETID fans are tougher than Knocked Loose fans.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

kumba posted:

also yall need to check out frontierer, this album is loving wild

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8se6wNlHBpk

Oh gently caress, I had no idea there was new Frontierer. I loved Orange Mathematics.

EDIT: Oh gently caress, Unloved & Oxidized loving rules.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jul 31, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
So I'm going to see ETID at St. Vitus, if you haven't been there uh, this is the entire venue:

I'm incredibly hyped but also very well might die.

EDIT: Actually I survived a DEP show there I think I'll be OK. Still, gently caress yes.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Sep 26, 2018